UU Simple Questions Thread

SubCM Chandelure, Bulky Toxicroak, CM Reuniclus, NP Celebi, Sub Disable Venomoth, among others are all good stallbreaker options that works well as a support for Mega Sharpedo.

You can check the teambuilding compendium so you can see the most useful wallbreakers/stallbreakers in this tier.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-uu-teambuilding-compendium-version-2-0.3561758/
Thanks, I was looking for the compendium thread, but apparently I'm completely blind >_<

Hi, I'm pretty new and this might be my first post. I've been learning a lot about UU and this is the first time I have a realistic chance of getting reqs for the suspect test. Is there a thread someone could help me find that shows how to like qualify to vote once I achieve the coil?

ty :]

Hi, I'm pretty new and this might be my first post. I've been learning a lot about UU and this is the first time I have a realistic chance of getting reqs for the suspect test. Is there a thread someone could help me find that shows how to like qualify to vote once I achieve the coil?

ty :]
Hi and welcome to UU. There will be an alt identification thread nearing the deadline of getting reqs. Once posted, you'll have until the end of suspect test to post proof (a screenshot) of getting reqs and to identify as an alt.

Once the suspect test has ended, there will be a voting thread. You should vote there. Every thread will have instructions on what to post so just keep an eye out for the threads and you'll be fine :)

Hi and welcome to UU. There will be an alt identification thread nearing the deadline of getting reqs. Once posted, you'll have until the end of suspect test to post proof (a screenshot) of getting reqs and to identify as an alt.

Once the suspect test has ended, there will be a voting thread. You should vote there. Every thread will have instructions on what to post so just keep an eye out for the threads and you'll be fine :)
TY :]
I'll keep grinding!

So I've never done competitive pokemon but wanted to try it and I just finished Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and the Delta episode. So since this is my first team I wanted it to be with pokemon I love and were my favorite growing up. This is my team so far and I would love any input :)

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Curse
- Payback
- Wish
- Baton Pass

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Heavy Slam

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder

Last edited:
So I've never done competitive pokemon but wanted to try it and I just finished Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and the Delta episode. So since this is my first team I wanted it to be with pokemon I love and were my favorite growing up which were umbreon and dragonite. This is my team so far but idk who to put for 6th pokemon(I made this team in maybe an hour and a half of research for umbreon and then dragonite).

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Calm Nature
- Curse
- Payback
- Wish
- Baton Pass

This set isn't very good at all. UU's full of Fighting types, all of which can easily destroy this set before you get enough boosts and nothing on your team really appreciates the Curse boosts - Swampert and Crobat need all the Speed they can get. If you'd like a bulky sweeper, I'd personally suggest this:

Reuniclus @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Shadow Ball
- Recover

With Magic Guard you can boost right through weak walls that rely on status like Blissey. Calm Mind gives you the power and bulk to sweep. Psyshock is the main STAB; it also lets you win Calm Mind wars. Focus Blast hits the Dark and Steel types that resist Psyshock; Shadow Ball hits opposing Psychic types and hits Sableye harder. Recover lets you stay healthy and grab more boosts. EVs maximise Physical Defence as you're boosting Special Attack and Special Defence with Calm Mind. As for item, it comes down to whether you prefer the recovery of Leftovers or the power of Life Orb (Magic Guard takes away the recoil anyway).

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 48 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

No problems with this set, personally I'd run more bulk but that's entirely up to you.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Dragonite is banned in UU. Here's an alternative:

Haxorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw

Yep, straightforward wallbreaker. Choice Band + 147 base Attack = Big Owies! Outrage is your strongest STAB, but don't spam it when your opponent's still got a Fairy or Steel type left. Earthquake gets great coverage with your STABs, and thanks to Mold Breaker it ignores Levitate, letting you OHKO defensive Rotom-H. Poison Jab wrecks UU's Fairies (bar Diancie). Dragon Claw is a reliable STAB for when you don't want to lock yourself into Outrage. EVs are dead simple. Personally I'd recommend Jolly Nature, as that lets you outrun Nidoking. Adamant is viable as well if you need the power though.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

This set's perfectly fine. No issues.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Unfortunately, Slowbro's banned in UU. Here's an alternative:

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Overheat

A defensive pivot that can also weaken / KO the Grass types that Swampert struggles with. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers that aren't Fire types or don't have Guts. Pain Split lets you recover HP. Volt Switch lets Rotom escape match ups and grab momentum. Overheat is the alternate STAB to hit Grass and Steel types hard. EVs give you good overall bulk, enough Speed to outrun 252 Adamant Honchkrow, with the rest in Defence for extra bulk.

Your team doesn't have a Stealth Rock setter, and that's more or less required nowadays.

Cobalion @ Leftovers / Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch

It's a fast Stealth Rock setter that still has decent offensive presence. Close Combat is your strongest STAB, doing a lot of damage to Pokemon like Umbreon and Snorlax. Iron Head also gets STAB and hits Fairy-types hard. Volt Switch lets you grab momentum as well as escape from foes you can't touch, like Doublade. EVs maximise Speed and power. Leftovers can help you take weaker hits; Shuca Berry could save you from an untimely Ground move.

P.S. another favorite pokemon of mine was ursaring and I would love to use him but idk if he fits with this team; just wanted to add this in here in case anyone has some input on him.
P.S.S. so I just found out Dragonite is super illegal in UU so I need a replacement for him too :(

Comments and suggestions in Bold

Overall, a pretty solid team. I wish you all the best. However, please don't use Ursaring outside PU - it's not viable in UU at all. Its Quick Feet set (right now the best it can run in PU) still can't outrun Cobalion, it's not very bulky and being a pure Normal type it lacks resistances, making it hard to switch in. You might sweep an unprepared team once or twice, but overall you'd be better off using something like Dragon Dance Gyarados or Feraligatr if you want a fast physical sweeper.

Last edited:
Comments and suggestions in Bold

Overall, a pretty solid team. I wish you all the best. However, please don't use Ursaring outside PU - it's not viable in UU at all. Its Quick Feet set (right now the best it can run in PU) still can't outrun Cobalion, it's not very bulky and being a pure Normal type it lacks resistances, making it hard to switch in. You might sweep an unprepared team once or twice, but overall you'd be better off using something like Dragon Dance Gyarados or Feraligatr if you want a fast physical sweeper.
Hey thanks for the suggestions! I edited my team but you say umbreon isnt useful? :( I know this may sound ignorant but I didn't want to use any pokemon for my first team after gen 4 because I wanted to use pokemon I know.

Slowbro is banned in UU. Assault Vest Machamp is outclassed by Conkeldurr, due to the latter's higher Attack and STAB Drain Punch. If you want to use Machamp (you said you didn't want to use any post gen 4 mons), go with this set:

Machamp @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard / Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch / Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge / Thunder Punch

Simple wallbreaker. Choose what ability you want depending on whether you'd prefer a perfectly accurate Dynamic Punch or not caring about burns. Dynamic Punch or Close Combat is the STAB move depending on what ability you run. Knock Off hits the Ghost and Psychic types that resist your STAB. Heavy Slam hits the Fairies hard. Stone Edge works great with No Guard, and OHKOes Crobat on the switch. Thunder Punch gets a stronger hit on Gyarados.

If you want to use Umbreon, use this set

Umbreon @ Leftovers
ABility: Synchronize
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Foul Play

Last edited:
Krookodile is very good in UU actually, since it is the best Pursuit Trapper and one of the strongest (if not the strongest) wallbreakers in the tier.
Oh good because I was thinking of choice band krookidile and I also wanted to use reuiniculus because it seems like a good pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)