Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some Perfect IV Dittos so I can start breeding, does anyone have any idea where I could find someone willing to trade some over to me? Preferably some with good HP's too!

Thanks =)

I've probably asked this millions of times, but just to clarify, how do you know what stats the IVs are placed on a pokemon ingame?
Are you asking how to check IVs? If so, there's a guy in the kiloude city Pokemon center (left corner) that will tell you roughly what the IVs of your Pokemon are. He's really only helpful if you have perfect IVs. I can't recall where the one in ORAS is, maybe somewhere in the battle resort/area I'm sure. There's a guy in every game, easiest way is to google "iv checker (name of game)".

Are you asking how to check IVs? If so, there's a guy in the kiloude city Pokemon center (left corner) that will tell you roughly what the IVs of your Pokemon are. He's really only helpful if you have perfect IVs. I can't recall where the one in ORAS is, maybe somewhere in the battle resort/area I'm sure. There's a guy in every game, easiest way is to google "iv checker (name of game)".
Can you check in games before x and Y or is it just chance in those games?

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure there's been an IV checker in every game since IVs became a thing. IV calculators can also be found online (Put in stats/nature and it tells you the possible IVs).

I have a question because recently I was replaying pokemon heart gold and my pokemon got pokerus what are the chances of getting pokerus in gen 4?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a question because recently I was replaying pokemon heart gold and my pokemon got pokerus what are the chances of getting pokerus in gen 4?
1 in 21,845. Afaik, the formula hasn't changed throughout the generations.

1 in 21,845. Afaik, the formula hasn't changed throughout the generations
Wow so its actually really rare it's kinda annoying since I was gonna do a shiny badge quest but after hunting for 50 hours for the second shiny I gave up and pokerus is almost 3x the shiny odds

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this but is this zubat hacked it has the moves venom drench,hypnosis,whirlwind, and nasty plot at level 1

I don't know if it's right place to ask, but I'm a bit confused about all the companies behind the Pokemon Saga ...

Between Nintendo, Game Freaks, Niantic, Genius Sonority, Chunsoft and others editors / developers / companies, I'm a bit lost ... Is there a simple way to explain everything ? :D

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
31 IVs everywhere except:

if no physical move at all, 0 IVs in Atk
if no special move at all, SpAtk is irrelevant
if used with trick room / under trick room / with gyro ball, 0 IVs Speed

There are a couple of exception, those are the one I can think of, but probably more:

Hidden Power may force you to have 30>31 or 1>0
Starmie uses rapid spin as a physical move, you still want 0 IVs in Atk to tank two stabbed foul plays
Foul play, seismic toss, or any damaging move that does not depend on your statistics are irrelevant
Sometimes, you want less speed for specific reasons: Clefable can ppwast gyroball from Ferrothorn if it's not 31, Rotom-W may want 30 IVs speed in order to volt switch second vs another Rotom-W

I don't know if it's right place to ask, but I'm a bit confused about all the companies behind the Pokemon Saga ...

Between Nintendo, Game Freaks, Niantic, Genius Sonority, Chunsoft and others editors / developers / companies, I'm a bit lost ... Is there a simple way to explain everything ? :D
Generally, Game Freak handles the main games while all those other companies handle the spin-offs - Game Freak themselves haven't developed a spin-off since Gen 1. So Chunsoft makes PMD, Niantic makes Go, etc.

I'm one of those people that's trying to avoid as many content spoilers as I can before the release of S&M but I was wondering if it would be possible to have a separate S&M mechanics thread? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to learn about/ discuss any mechanics changes whilst avoiding any leaked Pokemon/ region info?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm one of those people that's trying to avoid as many content spoilers as I can before the release of S&M but I was wondering if it would be possible to have a separate S&M mechanics thread? I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to learn about/ discuss any mechanics changes whilst avoiding any leaked Pokemon/ region info?
This will not be happening. Not until I talk to the admins and get a new forum set up for SM discussion which will likely happen in a few weeks. Then everything will be there; but there may still be spoilers (in fact, its almost guaranteed). You either have no spoilers, or all of them. There is no middle ground.

I noticed that after my X version hit the 999:59 max time clock, I haven't encountered anymore shiny pokemon in the friend safari. Does anyone know if there is a correlation to the clock and shiny encounters?

Lego

Formally LegoFigure11
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I noticed that after my X version hit the 999:59 max time clock, I haven't encountered anymore shiny pokemon in the friend safari. Does anyone know if there is a correlation to the clock and shiny encounters?
Nope. Shiny encounters are all down to luck, they have no correlation to the in game clock. I can tell you this with confidence because I have encountered shinies (both in and out of the Friend Safari) on my 999:59 Y version.

Nope. Shiny encounters are all down to luck, they have no correlation to the in game clock. I can tell you this with confidence because I have encountered shinies (both in and out of the Friend Safari) on my 999:59 Y version.
Thank you, here's to hope of finding a shiny Spiritomb soon!

And what's the difference between Pokemon Company and Game Freak ?
As far as I know, TPCi handles business and marketing while Game Freak is the one that actually makes the games.
Also, TPCi handles all tournaments.

I'm pretty sure there's been an IV checker in every game since IVs became a thing. IV calculators can also be found online (Put in stats/nature and it tells you the possible IVs).
Bulbapedia said:
In Generation III, the stat judge is known as the Legendary Top Pokémon Breeder, and is an elderly Pokémon Breeder found in the building right behind the Pokémon Center at the Battle Frontier. He has raised Pokémon for seventy years, and is able to tell a Pokémon's inherent ability just by looking.

In the Battle Tower from Pokémon Platinum onwards, there is a man who considers himself a judge of Trainer's Pokémon standing at the lobby next to the PC. First he describes the Pokémon's "potential", based on the sum of all six IVs. Then he indicates which stat has the highest IV and what range it falls in.

In Pokémon Black and White, the Judge is located in Gear Station, which houses the Battle Subway facility. However, he will only appear after the player has reached the credits.

In Pokémon X and Y, the Judge is an Ace Trainer located in the Kiloude City Pokémon Center. In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, he is located in the Battle Resort Pokémon Center.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)