Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Mimicyu's ability lets it take the first hit with no damage? Nice! It's like a jacked-up multiscale!

Bewear *(GROANS)* does look a hell of a lot better in 3D.

That Stamina ability is really enticing... I wonder if defence increases with every physical hit.

Also Wimp Out looks like it's going to be a really annoying ability when trying to catch it for your dex

So, no Pikaboo, but the best name EVER in Bewear. I'm happy.

I love the animation for Mimikyu's ability, more abilities should have dedicated animations IMO.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Awww that new grass type is so cute! RIP Cherrim though.
Dreadlock horse is the only one that doesn't appeal to me.
Another pure fairy that looks like grass type, hmmm...

The rising popularity of Pikachu-styled merchandise around 20 years ago is the reason that Mimikyu makes itself look like Pikachu. In fact, this Pokémon is dreadfully lonely, and it thought it would be able to make friends with humans if only it looked like Pikachu.
Awwww....

Last edited:
So Mimicyu's ability lets it take the first hit with no damage? Nice! It's like a jacked-up multiscale!

Bewear *(GROANS)* does look a hell of a lot better in 3D.

That Stamina ability is really enticing... I wonder if defence increases with every physical hit.

Also Wimp Out looks like it's going to be a really annoying ability when trying to catch it for your dex
Disguise though doesn't sound like it will be "regenerable" like multiscale is. I prefer to think of it as a 1 HP substitute that probably can't block statuses

Wimp Out looks annoying if you own it too...if you can't control who you switch to. Really it looks like a bottom tier Pokemon for in-game at least with that ability.

Also, Bewear is an amazing name given we all knew it was going to be a pun.

from the site;
Wimpod has the new Wimp Out Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Wimp Out Ability, if this Pokémon’s HP drops below half in battle, it will run away or swap out for another Pokémon.

Mimikyu has the Disguise Ability, a new Ability that no Pokémon has ever before possessed. The Disguise Ability allows it to escape damage from an enemy’s attack just one time, and then its appearance changes.

Mudsdale can have the new Stamina Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Stamina Ability, this Pokémon’s Defense goes up by 1 when it’s hit by an attack.

Comfey can have the new Triage Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Triage Ability, this Pokémon’s restorative moves gain the highest priority in battle.

Comfey looks really weird and Triage seems a... bit of a downgraded prankster, but holy shit! Finally, another water/bug type! Hopefully it doesn't wimp out and change to bug/flying on evolution.

Mudsdale looks a lot like a non-evolver. Still, Stamina alone makes it interesting.

Bounsweet exists. No new ability, nothing particularly stand-out about it's typing and appearance; maybe it'll be cooler upon evolution. With a name like that I'd expect a grass/fairy. Maybe it's your early-game grass type option?

AND FINALLY, HOSTING YOUR OWN ROOMS/COMPETITIONS ONLINE.

It looks like the Pikachu's stats at the end are that of a Six-31 IV, 0 EV, Rash Pikachu. I think this means imperfect IVs can be maxed.
Did they just (sort of) acknowledge EVs? (Hyper training, at the end of the English video)
Super Training from Gen 6 shows EVs.

Last edited:
A new mode called Hyper Training is announced. With Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths, which has never been possible before. It utilises Bottle Caps as an item in order to boost the stats. Magearna will be given one when distributed

What...

one last thing ability wise
Fluffy halves the damage taken from attacks that make direct contact, but in return it also doubles the damage taken from Fire-type moves.
That's... interesting. So essentially it adds another weakness in exchange for having Fur Coat?

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Summary of new abilities:

What Bewear's Fluffy does:
Bewear may have the Fluffy Ability, a new Ability that no Pokémon has ever possessed before. The Fluffy Ability halves the damage taken from attacks that make direct contact, but in return it also doubles the damage taken from Fire-type moves.
The lei mon has Triage, which does:
Comfey can have the new Triage Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Triage Ability, this Pokémon’s restorative moves gain the highest priority in battle.
The horse's Stamina:
Mudsdale can have the new Stamina Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Stamina Ability, this Pokémon’s Defense goes up by 1 when it’s hit by an attack.
Mimikyu's Disguise:
Mimikyu has the Disguise Ability, a new Ability that no Pokémon has ever before possessed. The Disguise Ability allows it to escape damage from an enemy’s attack just one time, and then its appearance changes.
Wimpod's Wimp Out:
Wimpod has the new Wimp Out Ability, an Ability that no other Pokémon has had before. With the Wimp Out Ability, if this Pokémon’s HP drops below half in battle, it will run away or swap out for another Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)