Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm so happy about hyper training. Like... This is the best new of the gen omg I am in love. The final real timesaver of hacking, aka not resetting the legends, is finally out. VGC 17 here I come, without any teambuilding strain anymore

Hyper Training will make this game much more convenient. Wait, can a Trainer ID have six digits now?

Bewear is punny, and Mimikyu kept its Japanese name. Interesting twist.

Wait, something is really weird with all those new abilities.
Do you think they will let only like 1 or 2 Pokemon have them ? That's seem really really strange. Could they possibly change a lot of old Pokemon ability and give them this new ones ?

disguise ability is super awesome for a mon basically getting a free 1 hit sub when can switch in already pretty well with 3 immunities of ghost fairy.

The abilities really are incredible. Compared to things like... Sweet Scent, or Swarm, it seems pretty much every ability we've got could have its uses competitively.

It *definitely* sounds like they mean IV's, since base stats would be weird (and they mentioned them in the text) and EV's have already been acknolwedged via super training. I like the limitation on it, though, since it sounds like a total grindfest (level 100, then bottlecaps). I'm sure I've some older 'mons who could use a slight edit to their IVs.

I wonder if you'll be able to do it point-by-point, or lower them, for Hidden Power purposes?

And the Global Link stuff also suggests that the "host" competitions could be huge, if they're implementing actual points for larger tourneys. Sounds a lot like an actual indirect acknowledgement of what is easily the biggest non-vgc format out there - i.e., us! I wonder if someone can leave them up indefinitely, without having a 3DS on all the time?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is confirmed that it's IVs instead of EVs?
quote from the official site:
Pokémon grow stronger by raising their levels and increasing their base stats. However, their power is still affected by the individual strengths innate to each Pokémon. Now, with Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths, which has never been possible before.

With Hyper Training, you can increase the strength of the Lv. 100 Pokémon you’ve been adventuring with!

So yes, it is

Do you think they will let only like 1 or 2 Pokemon have them ? That's seem really really strange. Could they possibly change a lot of old Pokemon ability and give them this new ones ?
They already changed the HA of Zapdos, Scolipede and Chandelure from gen 5 to 6. So why not?

Is confirmed that it's IVs instead of EVs?
You can plug in the Pikachu they show into the trailer into an IV calc and see that it has garbage IVs and no EVs. The next image shows it with straight 31s.

Every single leap between generations has given old Pokemon new abilities so a few will probably get some new ones.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
They did that a lot in gen 6 as well, though more so with exclusive moves than just abilities.

I hope this IV modifying thing lets you change stuff like hidden power as well, otherwise breeding/soft resetting for that is going to be just as annoying as before

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
quote from the official site:
Pokémon grow stronger by raising their levels and increasing their base stats. However, their power is still affected by the individual strengths innate to each Pokémon. Now, with Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths, which has never been possible before.

With Hyper Training, you can increase the strength of the Lv. 100 Pokémon you’ve been adventuring with!

So yes, it is

They already changed the HA of Zapdos, Scolipede and Chandelure from gen 5 to 6. So why not?
Awwww man, cool! Thanks!

I just hope they have something that can change natures of Pokemon now.
In Dragon Quest, you can change the natures/ personalities of the characters by reading certain books.

Reactions: JES
Unless I'm reading wrong...
WE CAN FINALLY INCREASE IVS MANUALLY?!
YUP!!

Using some sort of medals we are now able to increase the IVs of our Pokémon when they reach lvl. 100, doing the extreme training. OMG this is the best, I have A LOT of legendaries from previous generations with trash IVs that im willing to use now.

The fact they mentionned level 100 implies it's EV and not IV ... ?
No, it's IVs, for sure:

Ahora, gracias al Entrenamiento Extremo, los Pokémon que hayan alcanzado el nivel 100 podrán mejorar también sus fortalezas individuales (IVs), algo que era impensable hasta el momento.

¡Haz que tus compañeros Pokémon de nivel 100 se hagan incluso más fuertes gracias al Entrenamiento Extremo!

Sorry about the language, I'm way too excited right now to search it in english, but they are talking about IVs.

The only thing with raising IVs is how potentially difficult could be.
First of all... you do need to have them at Level 100. I don't mind as much, but there better be a way to train on par with XY's restaurant.
Plus, how hard will the Bottle Caps be to get? I'd assume they'd be battle facility, and how much would they actually increase IVs by? Straight to perfect? Just by 1 or 5? Will they affect multiple stats at once?
Either way, just being able to change IVs period is amazing news

To maximize the IVs, we'll need an item (must be rare) and a level 100 Pokémon.

Let's hope that Alola will have an area to leveling. Or something similar to X/Y restaurants.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm happy we have a new water/bug Pokemon. I think its based on a horseshoe crab.
It looks more like a trilobite... Strange that it isn't a fossil Pokemon though.

I really hope some of these new abilities get retconned and distributed a little bit. Some of them have been incredible. Gen 7 is basically "Gen where the Abilities went crazy", which makes sense considering last gen we had a huge power jump with Megas.

Looking at the Bewear, its ability is a shittier version of Fur Coat... Why even bother and just not give it Fur Coat? It's not like Normal/Fighting needs more weaknesses? Mudsdale is awesome though. This trailer had far more stuff than I expected to be honest. I also really like the Triage ability too, let's hope some of our Medic Mons get this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)