Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The official site literally says "which has never been possible before." EV training has been a thing since gen 5 in the Join Avenue.

Sucks that it's level 100 though. Training that far takes a lot more blissey bases to accomplish.

Also wish there would be a way to lower IVs for Trick Room pokemon and Hidden Power.

You will need a "crown" item to give to the maniac too, so as long as the item isn't that hard to obtain this is great news.

Wow. If they're really letting you change IVs after the fact that's fucking disgusting. Why not just ship the games with a cheat device and let us generate whatever we want with it?

The bear still looks like the worst thing they've ever made. The horse has a cool ability, but it should be Normal/Ground, rather than pure Ground.

Wow. If they're really letting you change IVs after the fact that's fucking disgusting. Why not just ship the games with a cheat device and let us generate whatever we want with it?
Why?

IVs are unnecessarily random for no reason whatsoever. I personally always disliked that.

Now, about the reveals:
- I have my doubts on Disguise. Does it reactivate on every switch in? Same deal with Wimpod's ability (Hope it does not have a low catch rate)
- Custom tournaments sound cool.
- Comfey's ability will likely make it doubles or triples-oriented. Cannot see priority healing (And nothing else) having much use in singles.

Why?

IVs are unnecessarily random for no reason whatsoever. I personally always disliked that.
They're a necessary detail of the in-game world, which is already so thinly built that any more losses could make it collapse. The idea that creatures would not be genetically different in a way akin to IVs is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard.

We also don't know HOW rare Bottlecaps will ACTUALLY be (though I hope you can buy it with BP since Pokemon Bank showers me in it). For all we know there might not even be any way to get any in-game and will instead be what's given out as event hold items all the time now.

Continues the beautiful trend of new and interesting abilities!

Wimpod: really cool, have potential for an evo, and its ability is quite interesting. Its typing isn't new but if it gets decent stats or a good evo it would be pretty cool and unique.

Bounsweet: cute little thing, not really original though, it absolutely needs to evolve in something else. But I like it.

Comfey: obvious choice considering the Hawaii theme, it's really cute! And another case of floreal fairy without grass. Its ability is cool too, even if inferior to prankster (unless it works even with attacking restorative moves).

Mudsdale: Love it. A mix between a Draft Horse and Eeyore high af. Stamina has a lot of potential as an ability too.

Mimkyu: While the absence of different costumes is a bit underwhelming, its 3d model looks much better, and its ability not only is cool, but have also an ADORABLE animation. It's definitely growing on me.

Bewear: genius english name aside, still the worst design of any 7th gen 'mon so far imho. It does improve a bit in 3d, but it still looks terribly flat and uninspired to me. Its ability is substantially a double nerfed Fur Coat... That's ok, I guess.

Hyper Training is a bless. Always find hideous th IVs mechanics, I'm glad they're finally changing it!

We also don't know HOW rare Bottlecaps will ACTUALLY be (though I hope you can buy it with BP since Pokemon Bank showers me in it). For all we know there might not even be any way to get any in-game and will instead be what's given out as event hold items all the time now.
Well, it DOES say Magearna will have one, so maybe it will work that way.

I think they will be purchaseable with BP.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
They're a necessary detail of the in-game world, which is already so thinly built that any more losses could make it collapse. The idea that creatures would not be genetically different in a way akin to IVs is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard.
Anything that makes ACTUALLY hacking the game to generate your pokemon less attractive is a big "good job GameFreak" in my book.

More importantly...

WE CAN HOST OUR TOURS ON CART NOW

The only thing with raising IVs is how potentially difficult could be.
First of all... you do need to have them at Level 100. I don't mind as much, but there better be a way to train on par with XY's restaurant.
Plus, how hard will the Bottle Caps be to get? I'd assume they'd be battle facility, and how much would they actually increase IVs by? Straight to perfect? Just by 1 or 5? Will they affect multiple stats at once?
Either way, just being able to change IVs period is amazing news
I think Bottle Caps will be obtainable in-game at battle facility or something similar as you just said. The thing I like about this is that now leveling a Pokémon to level 100 have some sense (pratical sense, it's not because you want to do it, but also because it's benefitial). They are giving people a reason to level all their Pokémon, extending the intereset in the game at the long run.

Just as a matter of fact, this idea of an item which allowes the user to change their Pokémon IVs comes from Pokémon Zeta/Omicron, fanmade games where you use 1 IV Sphere for each IV you want to be changed.

I doubt a feature advertised this way would be relegated to event-only, especially given the other limitation of Level 100 it has. I'd definitely say it's rare, but I don't think event-only is likely at all. Why even bother coming up with this if you're just gonna make it so each player can only get one or two in specific circumstances?

The Global link host-yer-own is probably a more fruitful topic than IV edits, depending on how well it scales and how configurable the rules are (mythics = yes, no pentagon, sleep clause, ban list for pokemon, or abilities (moody), or moves...). If it really is as great as most of us are hoping (and I think all of those things are reasonable enough, sleep clause being the only outlier since it's hard to enforce, but didn't it already exist in one of the console games...?) then Smogon could get some serious recognition from GF if it's consistently the most popular and balanced competition going. Which would be a wonderful change, especially since they could do with some of our balancing skill :V

In a game...gameplay trumps everything, there is no discussion here, especially in a game like Pokemon. Making the gameplay more enjoyable by increasing the control of the player is a good thing.

Destiny Knot breeding for 5IVs is still probably faster for non-legendaries. Especially since we might not have Lv100 Blisseys to farm.

And funny enough, having max IVs by default may actually be bad in some cases now; Zygarde-10% for example will probably want a 29 IV HP to make it's HP stat divisible by 4 to let it transform with two Subs.. 30 IV for Lv100; but 29 is probably preferred for cart battles unless Lv100 battles come back.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Unless they make the IV changer thing faster than regular IV breeding, I can't see much use for it besides fixing shinies and legendaries with bad IVs. Ability capsule was also a great idea but it's basically never used because it's such a pain to get.

This is really awesome.

Musdale is amazing an increase of defense when hit is really good. I think this one gets the cake in this reveal.

Look at this!! -> When Mudsdale gallops in earnest, the power of each hoof-clop can dig out huge holes, even in asphalt. Mudsdale is forbidden to run on some of Alola’s public roads. (So powerfu!!)

Wimpod while has an interesting ability in battle with a trainer vs trainer instead of fleeing is a switch out.

Comfey has priority Healing moves always higher than others that's really cool until now Talonflame was the only one with priority in healing but only because Roost was flying type.

-> Comfey also helps with the treatment of people and Pokémon at Pokémon Centers and hospitals, thanks to its aroma.

Mimikyu has a really awesome ability it can take any attack no matter how strong once.

Bewear's Fluffy works like we thought Furfrou ability did before but this time really is for contact moves in exchange for a Fire weakness.

->It loves to give crushing bear hugs—a tight hug from this Pokémon’s arms will split anything at all in two!

Some wild Bewear use amazing martial-arts moves. Apparently the Pokémon learn these moves by watching Black Belts practicing when they go out to train in the woods.

Hyper Training I don't know really well how it works other than at lv 100 you can boost stats somehow.

Bounsweet meh -> Unfortunately, it’s sometimes swallowed whole by Pokémon drawn to its aroma.

This batch of news is really good and hype

We can make our own Tournaments!!

Last edited:
Can someone please send the image of the spectral horse I'm literally imagining the horse from DMC3 that gives you Quicksilver right now and I'm way too hype. If I search up a video my data will be killed.

In a game...gameplay trumps everything, there is no discussion here, especially in a game like Pokemon. Making the gameplay more enjoyable by increasing the control of the player is a good thing.
Nope. The gameplay is only enjoyable as long as the meaning of what's going on in the game is maintained for the player. As the world gets thinner, the player gets less invested. Separately, the ability to enter cheat codes and get everything you want increases player control and is "a good thing" in terms of the player's experience for a few minutes, but it removes the meaning from doing the things needed to achieve things yourself and ultimately ruins the game.

Nope. The gameplay is only enjoyable as long as the meaning of what's going on in the game is maintained for the player. As the world gets thinner, the player gets less invested. Separately, the ability to enter cheat codes and get everything you want increases player control and is "a good thing" in terms of the player's experience for a few minutes, but it removes the meaning from doing the things needed to achieve things yourself and ultimately ruins the game.
Dude I spam the hell out of PKHex and I enjoy Pokemon and have all the memories with my battles because it's still very real for me and I'm getting what I paid to do. It's all at an individual basis.

Pyritie Ah damn. I heard spectral from the beginning comment. Still looks pretty hype with a very interesting ability. Still naming it Quicksilver. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)