Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone know how to add those tabs that you can open or close to forum posts? Like, when someone posts sets in a Teambuilding thing, there will be a tab you can click to open another tab that contains all the sets. Does anyone know how to add one of thsoe to a forum post?

dodododo

Last edited:

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Does anyone know when to use surf vs eq on latios? Like whats the difference between the two, they seem to have similar targets

It's pretty much personal preference tbh, most of the time I don't find a reason to use EQ >Surf if you're trying to hit Heatran. EQ hits Jirachi for more damage but I find Surf more useful in some scenarios, such as not risking the drop vs Lando, it 2hkos Heatran and it does decent damage to Tyranitar and Jirachi.

Does anyone know when to use surf vs eq on latios? Like whats the difference between the two, they seem to have similar targets
I think Surf is generally the way to go for weakening Tran since it has additional utility in weakening Tyranitar and Excadrill, and fits better with Defog/Roost sets. EQ is nicer if you're trying to spam fire moves I guess but generally I think EQ isn't terribly worth it.

HP Fire + EQ (the TDK god set) is pretty good if you pair it with Clef because you functionally lure all of Clef's conventional steel checks (Tran, Scizor, Jirachi to some extent, etc.).

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
(this is all in my opinion)
The worst pokemon thats ou by usage is probably raikou imo though zapdos is a close second. If we're including BL, the worst is probably staraptor. In terms of ou by technicality megas then mega latios would take the cake for being almost 100% outclassed by its base form.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
To add onto this, I think one of the most important targets other than Heatran that Surf hits is Mega Diancie, because if you're not running HP Fire on Latios you will almost always outspeed most Mega Diancie and KO it with Surf, because most of the time they are running HP Fire (drops Spe IV by 1). It just keeps full health Mega Diancie from scaring you out and you can actually revenge it, so it's really good on Diancie weak teams.

Yea so sorry, I consider myself a pokemon novice, and after I once posted this on the wrong place ive come to ask the following...

How do I build a team around mandibuzz?

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Yea so sorry, I consider myself a pokemon novice, and after I once posted this on the wrong place ive come to ask the following...

How do I build a team around mandibuzz?
You don't. Mandibuzz isn't the kind of pokemon you build around but it's more a glue pokemon as one of the last few pokemon. You could probably start with Mandibuzz but I won't be surprised if at the end you can replace it with something better.

What do you mean?

Edit: then how about building something around mega lopuny?

Ive always loved llast resort sweeping.

Last edited:
What do you mean?
Most teams are centered around a pokemon that serves as a win condition, something that can pretty much crush opposing teams or severely weaken them. Even stall have something like them. Mandibuzz is not one of those mons. Usually, it's there to support those mons, but it's overshadowed in many roles by several other pokes.
(can't think of them off the top of my head)
usual win cons are something like dd mega charizard, cm clefable, cm mega sableye.

While I understand the perk of opting for Magneton over Magnezone is the higher speed stat, does that come with a cost? Does Magnezone get any notable KOs that Magneton misses out on?

I'm currently building a M-Pinsir + Mag team, and I'm not sure of a reason to choose Magnezone over its faster pre-evolution. (While, of course, I'm sure reasons do exist - otherwise Magneton would be OU, theoretically.)

While I understand the perk of opting for Magneton over Magnezone is the higher speed stat, does that come with a cost? Does Magnezone get any notable KOs that Magneton misses out on?

I'm currently building a M-Pinsir + Mag team, and I'm not sure of a reason to choose Magnezone over its faster pre-evolution. (While, of course, I'm sure reasons do exist - otherwise Magneton would be OU, theoretically.)
No, you're fine using Scarf Magneton over Scarf Magnezone if you want it to outspeed Tornadus-T and Weavile, which is the main reason to use Magneton in OU. Magnezone doesn't get any notable KOs, the only ones that come to mind is that Magnezone has a higher chance to OHKO Keldeo and Manaphy after Stealth Rocks, but Magneton has a high chance of OHKOing too.
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 320-380 (99 - 117.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 278-330 (81.5 - 96.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • 252 SpA Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 296-350 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

What do you mean?

Edit: then how about building something around mega lopuny?

Ive always loved llast resort sweeping.
As Random Passerby said, Last Resort is pretty much totally not viable as it requires you to either a) run only Fake Out and Last Resort, in which case you'll be totally walled by a lot of things that resist it (Skarmory, for example) and miss out on Lopunny's great Fighting STAB moves, or b) run a full set of moves in addition to Last Resort, in which case Last Resort is a waste of a move because you'll almost never be able to use it, and you'd be better off running Return, a less powerful but far more reliable Normal STAB move.

That said, Last Resort aside, building a team around Mega Lopunny is totally feasible. Some things you would want to consider for teammates might be a flying resist, to deal with Talonflame and Mega Pinsir, and a wallbreaker, to deal with Pokemon Lopunny can't break (like Hippowdon or Skarmory). If you go to the analysis for Lopunny, there's a Team Options section that will give you tons more tips on teammates to think about.

Oh.. Well thanks everyone! Any other ideas for pokemon that might be good for mlop team?

Edit: then how about running ice punch, return and high jump kick instead?

Oh.. Well thanks everyone! Any other ideas for pokemon that might be good for mlop team?
Gengar, Bisharp, Talonflame, Tornadus-T, Manaphy, Mew (Stallbreaker) , Spikes users, Garchomp are some of the common mons paired with Mega Lop.

EDIT: Yeah, those 3 moves are viable. You can also think of Baton Pass, Power-up Punch, Fake Out or Substitute.

EDIT2: Obviously don't run all those partners at once lol. Choose a core and build around it.

p2

Banned deucer.
you would need to look for replays to do that, tournaments like world cup + spl have threads dedicated to logs and replays, while smogtour replays are posted in the op of it when the games are done. for stuff like olt/ost you'll need to do a good bit of searching around for them

Im new
Gengar, Bisharp, Talonflame, Tornadus-T, Manaphy, Mew (Stallbreaker) , Spikes users, Garchomp are some of the common mons paired with Mega Lop.

EDIT: Yeah, those 3 moves are viable. You can also think of Baton Pass, Power-up Punch, Fake Out or Substitute.

EDIT2: Obviously don't run all those partners at once lol. Choose a core and build around it.
Yea see, im sorry for asking, but whats a core?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)