Gen VII: Pokémon Sun and Moon (New info Post #5834)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I just read an information and as we once asked about Pokemiles...

- You can't transfer Poké Miles from the Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, and Pokémon Y version of the PGL to the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon version of the PGL.
TrollFreak, why you.....:mad:

I would just like to reiterate this. A 6IV foreign Ditto should be a top priority for any breeder, just on the basis that it makes 85% of all other pokémon that much easier to get.
I'd go as far as to say 85 is underestimating it.

Eh, I just read an information and as we once asked about Pokemiles...

TrollFreak, why you.....:mad:
Goddammit. Best use 'em all up on ability capsules then

It makes me wonder if I should even bother redeeming any BP/PokeMiles in Pokemon Bank if nothing's compatible. Maybe I should let them keep racking up until Sun and Moon come out.

It makes me wonder if I should even bother redeeming any BP/PokeMiles in Pokemon Bank if nothing's compatible. Maybe I should let them keep racking up until Sun and Moon come out.
I've been racking them up for months. If Bottle Caps really do cost BP, the amount bank's given me by now means that won't be a problem.

Am I the only one who's never really used Wonder Trade for this? Like... I've never really got anything good from it and I just gave up on it after a while and got all my stuff manually. And I have a complete collection of female breedable Dream Ball HA Pokémon, and the rest of the breedable Dream Ball and HA Pokémon. And I once had a complete collection of female breedable Safari Ball Pokémon.
So... really, it ain't that bad. Just trade normally. Besides, it's not like it'll go away - as mentioned a ton of times in this thread, breeding will still be very relevant. If anything it'll mean you'll see a lot more 4IV Pokémon than 5IV.
I've gotten a couple of good Pokemon i used for breeding via Wonder Trade. (And a few hacked 'mons.) but mostly I used it to trade breedjects for Pokemiles. (Speaking of, i need to go on a cleaning spree soon.) And I can still imagine some folks doing WT giveaways on holidays (speaking of, need to get on a Halloween one) to help make things interesting.

We really need a fan art of Togedemaru crying in a corner, being comforted by all the pikaclones while a trainer GUSHES over Mimikkyu...
Poor poor togedemaru, it never stood a chance...
It is still adorable though. And if it gets Follow Me, I can see some viewing it as the second coming of Pachirisu for VGC (solid typing + Iron Barbs. Just needs that and passable defenses to be actually good.)

I've gotten a couple of good Pokemon i used for breeding via Wonder Trade. (And a few hacked 'mons.) but mostly I used it to trade breedjects for Pokemiles. (Speaking of, i need to go on a cleaning spree soon.) And I can still imagine some folks doing WT giveaways on holidays (speaking of, need to get on a Halloween one) to help make things interesting.

It is still adorable though. And if it gets Follow Me, I can see some viewing it as the second coming of Pachirisu for VGC (solid typing + Iron Barbs. Just needs that and passable defenses to be actually good.)
Jesus Christ, if this thing gets follow me it will be the second coming of Jirachi...now with superfang!

I was thinking about the Wi-Fi trading area in the forums as well, I used to trade there a lot and got tired of it. may get back into it, who knows. I honestly think that this whole bottle cap scenario won't hurt it at all really.

Theres still like people have already said, version exclusives, egg moves, natures, past gen move tutor, among others that will keep it alive.
Legendaries maayyyy take somewhat of a hit regarding the value they possess, but honestly i feel it will be negligible imho.

I personally think being able to use these coins or whatever is amazing and will deter people from wanting to use powersaves to edit mon's. it won't stop it outright, but people will probably be more willing to not take the easy route in this case.
I personally have a powersaves, and only edited IV's directly on only legendary mons because I dont like to SR for them. WAYYY too time consuming and i don't have time for it.

never traded those legendaries away, of course haha

I'd go as far as to say 85 is underestimating it.
You'd be right, and I was. Discounting the legendaries, Ditto, and Unown, but including Phione, 666 pokémon can be obtained as a result of breeding in Gen VI. This means that 92.37% of pokémon through Volcanion would benefit from obtaining a 6IV foreign Ditto. This number is unlikely to vary much by the time the new generation is fully revealed.

I do think that the use of powersaves as a means of collecting bottle caps will be seen as a form of cheating, but I don't see how it could be proven externally either, unless there's some kind of in-game indication of how bottle caps were used as they pertain to the pokémon, such as a ribbon. This is the only way that I could see GF determining for themselves whether a bottle cap pokémon is legitimate, bar a falsifiable hidden marker or counter, especially if the caps actually are limited or non-tradable and expensive. There's just so much that we don't actually know about this system that there's no way of knowing what kind of impact that we'll see at this time.

One thing that occurred to me with the open competition feature is the idea that 6v6 singles might now be more readily available like the battle spot. Or, failing a battle spot version of this style, I wonder what the limits of the open competition rules are, and if it would be possible to establish an artificial 6v6 battle spot. Despite GF's increasing communications viability, there are things that they desperately need to fix in the GTS, Wonder Trading, and the pvp battling system, and I hope they put more effort into balancing all three this generation. The Battle Royal and especially the open competition are great steps in this direction.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
speaking the whole "dumbing the game down" I really hope that SE notifier isn't available during wifi/irl battles. I know it sounds dumb. But with lesser experienced friends being incentivized to just press the button doesn't really make you experiment as much and make you learn about stuff like prediction.

I feel like it can become a stunt for competitive battling.
Not really. The only type of battle which should have the SE Notifier turned off is Inverse battles as the point of those battles is to remember the type table and turn it upside down. But for normal battles, why? Remembering types is only a small aspect of a normal battle, actually you're pretty much expected to have it memorized so its a non-issue. Having the SE Notifiers will only just stop lapse in logic moments which will actually HELP the competitive scene as now it'll be more about skill than "awesome, my opponent made a silly mistake". Wouldn't you want to win through a better strategy then your opponent forgetting the obvious type match up for Bug resisting Fighting?

That said, the SE Notifier shouldn't be all knowing. What it says is SE or IVE should strictly be by type alone. Like it should say Ground-type moves are super effective against the Gastly family, Koffing family, Lunatone, Solrock, Bronzor, Bronzong, Rotom (except Mow & Fan), & Tynamo family even though these Pokemon have the Levitate Ability. Why? Because I feel Abilities are sort of meant to be use as a surprise element. Also it would prevent your opponent in knowing what Ability your Pokemon has if they can have multiple Abilities. For example the Bronzor families SE Notifier should tell you its weak to Ground & Fire when one of these won't be true as it can either have Levitate or Heatproof.

We really need a fan art of Togedemaru crying in a corner, being comforted by all the pikaclones while a trainer GUSHES over Mimikkyu...
Poor poor togedemaru, it never stood a chance...
It has Iron Barbs and one of the best defensive typings in the game. I'm still using it, if it's available early and Magnemite isn't.

Follow Me while having a Rocky Helmet equipped sounds nasty. Although... it still will depend on its defenses.
Nearly all rodents also learn superfang...so yes outside of that quad weakness to eq this little guy seems like a blessing to doubles.

If this guy gets wide guard and nuzzle he would be the best support mon in doubles.

Heck lighting rod gyarados shenanigans!

Nearly all rodents also learn superfang...so yes outside of that quad weakness to eq this little guy seems like a blessing to doubles.

If this guy gets wide guard and nuzzle he would be the best support mon in doubles.

Well, it should get Nuzzle, as it's a Pikaclone-exclusive move.

(Now that I think of it, it would be a nice detail if Mimikyu could also learn it, as well as a bunch of Electric-type moves, as an effort to resemble Pikachu even more. I mean, if Salamence got wings due to a dream of flying...)

Last edited:

It would only be the second Pokemon ever to have a redirection move + Wide Guard (Parasect is currently the only one to have that combo) if that was the case. So yes, yes it would be a top tier support unless the defenses are utter trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)