NOC Amnesiac Mafia Game 1 - N2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
internet I'd suggest telling the hooker their action failed even when it didn't. That way it's not a straight buff to the mafia but the hooker has more options to be clever and there's a higher skillcap on the role and less chance of it being found out through not fault of it's own.

The thing about this game is telling the truth is a bad angle, but there was no way I could think of a good enough lie that was better than just pushing scummy scenarios that lay within my truth. Sam got put to Don-Vig really fast, and rssp1 had to outright roleclaim.

I felt like the numbers and progression were fine, if maf got a step ahead and info they could get it done

Like in DBZ one set of results or update can have a plethora of inverse images in night actions that could have caused it which makes the game really interesting in my opinion.

Uninformed scum is no fun, and we can't last the long game because there are so many ways to clear people by PoE but that's like good design anyway. I signed up for that.

I would prefer to play a different but similar setup but overall great job, really cool game

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I thought this was super fun! I normally hate NOC, but I love puzzles (give me Dog pls) which is why I signed up. Some things to note for me.

1. I assumed I was Mayor from D1, so I played most of the game with that being 90% in my mind.
2. My vote from page 5 or 6 onto Blazade was intentionally left up. I even messaged internet to make sure he had it down because I thought I could stealth lynch Blazade.
3. On the off chance I wasn't Mayor, on N2 I targeted jumpluff/zorbees. If I was Vig than they were evil, so that's the reason I decided no matter what I wouldn't vote for jumpluff D2, because I'd kill her anyways at night if she was lying. Of course I could have been hooked or she been guarded, but I thought this scenario was a small chance anyways.
4. I did not think rssp1 was mafia at all, mainly because I was so sure about Blazade and didn't think that both of them would be mafia.

I'm not sure what I would make different about the setup. I feel like Flyhn's OP targeting kinda broke this game for us. I think maybe the other game will be more useful in terms of balancing because they actually got some kills off.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
the triple don "fails to og" LMFAO

has there ever been a player quite so cucked by askaninjask as unclesam was this game?

i shouldnt have grumbled in #circus about being silenced but i was just so blue balled seeing this unfold and not being able to say ASKA IS THE OG so sry about that 1

i would have godkilled myself to save jumpluff from the lynch and reveal rssp1 was lying about being og if i could have but alas that wasn't allowed in the rules. i felt that strongly they were town and sam was unfairly trying to lynch them off. he was my d1 don read i'm not really sure Quite why just that was the vibe i got from him. i actually didnt know rssp1 was the silencer just that he was lying scum, or jumpluff lied about being hooked or their target. i think it was a bad call to say they failed before people had said their targets but then we got the equally bad call by blazade to say he had targeted jumpluff lmao i don't know why people didn't lynch him d2 after both his targets were hooked but all's well that ends well

as for the set up i think silencer is actually, unfortunately, 100% necessary for scum to have a chance to win if the godfather botches kills on og (or is hooked i guess) like what happened in this game. flyhn's rands turned out to be extremely town favoring (99% cleaning me and himself on n0 then cleaning aska n1 and also saving aska) though, so i don't quite know how the game plays out if sam gets the n1 kill off successfully and rssp1 can either chain silence me or hop onto the mayor as sam kills me. it also sucked for sam/rssp1 that their hooker was in deep denial he WAS the hooker lol. i think sam may have claimed the wrong fake targets as well cause he REALLY quickly became "only vig" as an option which was also a problem that the jumpluff lynch didn't go off and instead was a tie so he couldn't ever be mayor.

i also had a somewhat strong suspicion i was the watcher on d1 and flyhn was the pt. i p much confirmed that when i saw the watcher failed (why did nobody ask questions about that?? did everyone just assume i had solo targeted?) and i had failed in my pm and been silenced

that n1 result pm was a true "ayy lmao" result pm ngl YOU FAILED YOU'RE SILENCED ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

it's hard to say how the game plays out if the don doesn't get massively cucked by the og 3 nights in a row and once the silencer hits mayor that allows watcher and every village role with actual targets/results to claim and p easily reveal liars.

i think it might be interesting if the scum begin separated but know they are scum but not WHICH scum they are? or maybe the godfather knows who his babby scums are but they know nothing.

Me saying I targeted jumpluff wasn't a great call but what call do you make when you already commit to targeting rssp1 n0? I essentially said I was 50-50ing rssp1, or in some cases jumpluff.

I had the balls to make that claim because I knew other people who targeted them had incentive to lie, and so did rssp1 if he was scum, so I had some room to leverage 50-50s while I figure things out and also it's not fair to assume I was scum before other failure/psych results came out. That was a guarantee. There very well could have been a lot of other explanations. In my mind all that was better than just lyong and getting edged out by contradictions.

Like if I try to 50-50 walrein then I have to be psych and I can't prove myself and I lose.

Yeti

dark saturday
idk that's why i'm rly glad i wasn't scum cause i'd have had an equally tough time figuring out what targets to fake and then what role to try and fake

you have to account for what everyone else will say - what if you mess up and get caught (or should have been caught) by the og or watcher? or the pt targeted you but you claim you targeted someone else or w/e

or herping into claiming hooker if you fake targets but those targets are ones who report fails whether from realhooker or og and now you look suss af.

i can see why you were in denial and hoping you were really town but i think at some point you had to accept yes you prob were the hooker and try to play to a scum wc by lynching jumpluff and then yes trying to hook me to stop my watch from catching a scumbuddy but ehh i'd prob have been in denial too since i hate being noc scum lol

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
before i subbed in, i was pretty sure rssp1 was the silencer. rssp1 claimed to be silenced, hooked, and psyched n0 when only walrein and blazade targeted him. it didnt make sense for the "hook" to be him hitting the omniguard because rssp1 claimed to be the omniguard lol, also because he claimed to target unclesam who nobody else targeted. the only scenario where it made sense for him to be silenced, hooked, and psyched all at once was if someone else targeted rssp1 and lied about it, but i ran those scenarios and most of them didn't make sense.

blazade as the hooker played really badly, considering that iirc jumpluff claimed to be hooked before blazade claimed to target them. the rssp1 target is probably defensible to claim but it would also have been really easy to claim to target someone else and let the silencer blame fall to walrein. its hard though because blazade would have had to read rssp1 as the silencer which could make sense but is also a tough call to make before all the information is out.

flyhn's targets were godly. i think unclesam claiming to target yeti could have been a smart play to try to fake as the watcher but it would also paint him into a corner very early if he is proven to be lying.

i do think jumpluff did a poor job of defending themself on that last day, but i also think that the push onto them was based on some pretty bad logic, and when rssp1 jumped on that wagon, i was certain that it was bad.

this game was enjoyable to watch and play at the end, i think the setup is pretty balanced but idk. the mafia roles are pretty powerful if they can figure out who they are in time, and the don failing 2 kills this game certainly didnt help.

sry sam im super bad and though omni would leave me with more options
i fucked up big time during the entire game, the watcher on ditto just screwed me completely

i havent actually read anything after sam's post ill do that later

Yeti

dark saturday
Yeah it becomes really easy to connect the dots when you assume someone town-aligned is never going to lie about their target/result, so if something doesn't make sense they automatically cannot be the town role that might've made sense. Like if Sam says he targeted me and I get no result then he simply can't be the Psych because the real Psych never lies.

He got narrowed down to vig-or-scum really quickly as a result, it was mayor/vig/scum but then the jumpluff lynch failed.

I think rssp1 and Blazade failed to read their own scumbuddies this game... they sort of set each other up lol. rssp1 targeted Sam N0 solo but failed and Blazade targeted rssp1 N0, hooking him. Neither seemed to hone in on don!Sam and play around him. One of the two would've been lynched D2 if rssp1 hadn't silenced me, I think that was the best scum play itg was silencing watcher N1 cause I never let a jumpluff lynch get close to happening nor do I allow "I targeted both hooked targets" sadscum Blazade to skirt by and of course I know rssp1 will be lying about being OG so I can also pin him into claiming something harder to prove. I think Blazade just really wanted to believe he was town despite the fact he was QUICKLY running out of options for roles he could be - I think only psych was a viable option for him, he says he may have been vig but ehhhh what did that make 1 of pluffbees or Sam?

I think the hooker/silencer are somewhat disadvantaged in this setup because they don't know they NEED to be faking targets and results until it's somewhat too late to plausibly do so... unless they get psyched. But even still, rssp1 trying to clean himself by claiming the N0 fail just incriminated Blazade so it's like, welp, that's really unlucky for the scumteam.

idk Sam had it all figured out really quickly BUT it was no good because of the S tier Flyhn rand onto aska. He got extremely lucky randing the same target as the OG N0 and then aska claims but then Flyhn rands aska and I target aska BECAUSE he said his target on D1 so if Flyhn doesn't target aska, I catch Sam killing him (I still may be silenced but perhaps Flyhn rands rssp1 instead?) and it's ripperoni. I think Sam/scum in general got extremely unlucky - they lucked out huge that Sam found the OG N0 and that meant they could k/s/h the village freely once he got rid of the defenseless OG but then the Flyhn rand... rip. This also let me catch the rssp1 lie. True Unlucky game for scum in that Sam played exactly right to kill aska N1 just he was NOT expecting the PT on an idling aska to block his kill and then unluckily for Sam but thankfully for me aska decided wynaut try and see if he's OG and target me blocking Sam's kill AGAIN.

I think possibly, Sam wants to kill aska again on N2 instead. I was heavily debating targeting aska expecting the don to go for the, now virtually assured, kill on aska but then rssp1 claimed OG and I was like welp now Sam can NEVER kill aska unless he wants to out and sacc rssp1 when aska flips OG. He loses rssp1 to the lynch but can now freely kill however ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think it was too late in the game and the damage had been done, he's now pretty much in a 50-50 with zorbees for vig and if I don't say "vig each other kek" someone else prob will and force him to kill the real vig, or die to the vig if he doesn't, and then he's revealed anyway.

It's definitely a different game if the aska kill goes off and they manage to silence or kill me without me ever being able to say "I watched aska, so you saw Sam kill him." Unfortunately nobody dying let us continually stall for more info. This is a 100% village win as long as the don's kills get blocked imo which is liek YEAH, DUH but what I mean is, if we get 2 lucky results night it might be solvable by D2 and for sure by D3 so the scum can never catch up/be effective as town will never mislynch from that point forward. Town never wants to lynch until they need to imo the longer they can stall for info the better.

gg to everyone tho this was a shorter NOC than most so it didn't seem to drag on and I had fun the two days I could talk qq D2

Yeti

dark saturday
lol haruno the game ended town won you nooby

also i was so salty and irritated about being silenced cause i wanted to call sam out SO BADLYYYYYYYYY for his "jumpluff must be hooked!don because don never ever kills askaidlejask thats so silly" and i was like YOU DID EXACTLY THAT YOU TRIED TO KILL HIM AND FAILED CAUSE FLYHN OUTPLAYED TF OUTTA YOU WITH THAT PT RAND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

rough times in the fast lane x.x

Yeti I wasn't in denial the whole game I was town posturing after all the results came out at that point.

I made the claims I did when the possibilites were greater (jumpluff could have easily been in Sam's exact spot targeting aska and claiming hooked to get town to lie if they got psyched or something) and when I claimed to target rssp1 there was absolutely no reason to believe I wasn't PT or any kind of town. And then things got narrowed down by results and of course I figured it out. That's why I suggested the claim order I did, it's a great strategy for town. Seriously zorbees? I'm supposed to get rssp1 silencer read before no one claims to target him? Even afterward I thought Ditto was a strong silencer candidate. I'm supposed to push the blame on Walrein when he hadn't claimed? I also thought I'd be the only one to target rssp1 and not the only one to target jumpluff and that assumption was completely reversed.

A big factor in my call was also that you weren't speaking, yeti. Reading the field I figured that line would be fine with that crowd (and indeed I didn't get lynched) but I knew that wasn't just going to fly with you and I would have done something else. Suspicion on jumpluff was thick, so much so that I thought they were the Don because they were buddying me even though I claimed to target them.

Of course I look like a fucking idiot now but nothing was obvious before anything substantial was claimed. Worse than any of that was missing the chance to lynch pluff but I thought rssp1 was town and aska was mayor then (with ditto silencer).

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if this would make the hooker too OP, but I think if the silencer hit the Don getting a failed result might be interesting. That way silencer might be able to find a teammate, but he also could've just been hooked/omniguarded against.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
Blazade, i'm not saying you should have figured out that rssp1 was silencer right away. and i know i wasnt a player during that day so i am probably misremembering a lot of the order of what was claimed.

but i am saying that when jumpluff claims to be hooked, and you know you targeted jumpluff, hooker has to be a real possibility for you. then when rssp1 claims hooked n0 and you targeted him n0, the warning signs can't get any brighter. then rssp1 claims psyched omniguard, while also saying he was hooked and silenced n0, that should really cement it for you that he is the silencer and you are the hooker.

the problem though, was that you couldn't figure out who the don was to complete the team. i agree from your position that it makes sense that jumpluff could have been the don. i think that jumpluff claiming that they were hooked so early was what threw a wrench in things, although hilariously enough this might have helped the village because it made blazade assume that jumpluff was the don.

Yeah hooker was a real possibility in my mind. My escape plan if rssp1 was the only fail claim was to go into a 50-50 with him and that's exactly what happened.

Ditto had gotten real itchy about silenced targets D1, had no provable actions of consequence, and targeted Yeti day 2. Him being the silencer made a lot of sense especially when scum rssp1 has no reason to just force the 50-50 on his scumbuddy.

Yeti

dark saturday
yeah I agree I'm not trying to say you should have figured out rssp1 was a. silencer b. your teammate on d1 or anything, rather I'm saying I think part of the difficulty for scum was those two trying to identify each other and it was unfortunate that you had targeted him N0 which on the one hand let him fake being silenced instead of silencing your don lol but on the other wound up incriminating you. which i think is a difficulty in the game design for hooker and silencer to find each other and not sabotage their own teammate with results.

i think sam did well to find his babby scums and try and protect them and push a lynch on jumpluff instead, if i wasn't silenced rssp1 never gets to claim og psych and i def push for a blazade lynch d2 due to his 2x hooked target results. sam got lucky i WAS the one silenced because i would've fought back against him trying to go on jumpluff and divert attn off you two

also yea i considered ditto was silencer as well after saying he targeted me and i figured he was then lying about who he targeted n0 if he was silencer, knowing the watcher had been on me so he wouldn't be caught if he said 'anyone else' especially 'anyone else nobody else says they targeted' to ensure no accidental og

and you unfortunately don't know what i do, that aska was og and flyhn force activated it, meaning the don COULD indeed have hit og and not been jumpluff.

it was a rough position for hooker to be in because you cant be certain who silencer is and jumpluff did that weird premature hooked claim play and you didnt read sam scummy enough to know so you wound up completely incriminating yourself and then rssp1 put you into a 50-50 psych-hooker against walrein and you loooost that when confirmed og (by watcher) aska reported the psych result

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
as a side note, before i subbed in, as a spectator, i asked internet if the following scumteam was correct: rssp1 silencer, blazade hooker, askaninjask don, he said no ofc. i told him i was pretty sure on the first two and just wasnt sure on the don. this was after the d2 claims but before the push of the jumpluff lynch iirc. i told von that if i subbed in i would play as if i didn't know this information; it didnt end up mattering because after d3 started, aska as omniguard was obvious.

(i just want it to be known that i had pretty decent reads on what was going on even before day 3)

I was supposed to be out at deadline but there was a thunderstorm, hence the erratic posting because I kept thinking I would have to go. Sam was posting wall posts with transparently poor logic and refusing to actually respond to my posts, and I'd suspected him as don not off 'bully pulpit' meta but manipulative and non-analytic play that was continually anti town in a game about mechanics, as well as his continued self assured behaviour and appearance of an agenda that made me believe he has info since d1. I briefly suspected Yeti also for this but by d2 was past this because Sam pushing so fast on me narrowed me to vig or psych and I wasn't sure which they needed to lynch. I obviously couldn't say this. Thankfully we solved Yeti and Flyhn being gods, I did not realise the watch failed tho whoops

FYI I read myself off my read of him and knew the wagon was bad but there's a reason I kept reiterating parity, there is not much I can do about a bad wagon because of the number of players, so arguing with wall posts with a guy who is not reading my posts when his logic flaws are self evident

Also I was 100% joking about wanting to sub out because I wanted to watch Wheel of Fortune but since I tagged the hosts I wasn't mad, I hope I didn't inconvenience you sorry. Before I noticed I was subbed I obviously had already set my first fire on Sam.

I agree claiming hooked was suboptimal and too impulsive, I should have prioritised the solve over the reaction test. I tend to excessively emphasise the importance of my own pov as verifiable in solving the game independently, and since I was out every day I should have held onto that info to allow solvers to work.

I can handle being called scum fine, I'm 3-0 atm in NOC and two as scum. I can't handle the kind of needless spite and hostility that Sam continually spouts even in this post game. I realised it was ruining my enjoyment of my holiday and I was much happier offline than in this thread, and that was the first time in this forum I really felt that I'd much rather just close the thread and go have fun than engage with a specific player. But this was a Sam only thing. I enjoyed the time I set aside to discuss with other players. Every Sam post I read, especially the jab at me in this post game, actively disheartened me because it transcended the barriers of a sporting match. I literally had more fun dealing with the wild aggression of pileups of NY taxi drivers.

I'm sorry but you know people make a distinction between what you say and how you play and the way you choose to treat what is at heart a social game and your continued insistence that everyone else is wrong or oversensitive to dislike it is offputting.

I thought this setup was quite good although inherently very swingy. I don't know off the top of my head how I'd balance it, but I did enjoy the game wholeheartedly and think you guys did great. It was super creative. I know I'd hate to be hooker in this setup though and I was triumphant upon realising I wasn't.

Gg wp guys. I felt rssp's claim was implausible but respected the audacity in his making it as it was not falsifiable. Sam's mechanical play was outstanding. Good solves from Walrein and Aska. Yeti and Flyhn mvp, aska bpv. Send your actions in faster nerds. Ty hosts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)