NOC Amnesiac Mafia Game 1 - N2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I was supposed to be out at deadline but there was a thunderstorm, hence the erratic posting because I kept thinking I would have to go. Sam was posting wall posts with transparently poor logic and refusing to actually respond to my posts, and I'd suspected him as don not off 'bully pulpit' meta but manipulative and non-analytic play that was continually anti town in a game about mechanics, as well as his continued self assured behaviour and appearance of an agenda that made me believe he has info since d1. I briefly suspected Yeti also for this but by d2 was past this because Sam pushing so fast on me narrowed me to vig or psych and I wasn't sure which they needed to lynch. I obviously couldn't say this. Thankfully we solved Yeti and Flyhn being gods, I did not realise the watch failed tho whoops

FYI I read myself off my read of him and knew the wagon was bad but there's a reason I kept reiterating parity, there is not much I can do about a bad wagon because of the number of players, so arguing with wall posts with a guy who is not reading my posts when his logic flaws are self evident

Also I was 100% joking about wanting to sub out because I wanted to watch Wheel of Fortune but since I tagged the hosts I wasn't mad, I hope I didn't inconvenience you sorry. Before I noticed I was subbed I obviously had already set my first fire on Sam.

I agree claiming hooked was suboptimal and too impulsive, I should have prioritised the solve over the reaction test. I tend to excessively emphasise the importance of my own pov as verifiable in solving the game independently, and since I was out every day I should have held onto that info to allow solvers to work.

I can handle being called scum fine, I'm 3-0 atm in NOC and two as scum. I can't handle the kind of needless spite and hostility that Sam continually spouts even in this post game. I realised it was ruining my enjoyment of my holiday and I was much happier offline than in this thread, and that was the first time in this forum I really felt that I'd much rather just close the thread and go have fun than engage with a specific player. But this was a Sam only thing. I enjoyed the time I set aside to discuss with other players. Every Sam post I read, especially the jab at me in this post game, actively disheartened me because it transcended the barriers of a sporting match. I literally had more fun dealing with the wild aggression of pileups of NY taxi drivers.

I'm sorry but you know people make a distinction between what you say and how you play and the way you choose to treat what is at heart a social game and your continued insistence that everyone else is wrong or oversensitive to dislike it is offputting.

I thought this setup was quite good although inherently very swingy. I don't know off the top of my head how I'd balance it, but I did enjoy the game wholeheartedly and think you guys did great. It was super creative. I know I'd hate to be hooker in this setup though and I was triumphant upon realising I wasn't.

Gg wp guys. I felt rssp's claim was implausible but respected the audacity in his making it as it was not falsifiable. Sam's mechanical play was outstanding. Good solves from Walrein and Aska. Yeti and Flyhn mvp, aska bpv. Send your actions in faster nerds. Ty hosts!
I want to apologize in case I was the reason you were subbed out, since I contacted vonFiedler saying I could sub when I saw that you posted that you wanted to sub out. I knew you weren't subbing out because of wheel of fortune, lol, but I thought you wanted to sub out because of all the unclesam anger or whatever.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I wasn't totally sure that jumpluff wanted to sub out but then suddenly zorbees was just there.

I invoke the hosts falsely all the time, but I always give them a heads-up as to what I'm doing.

Oh yeah it was totally my fault. So more than anything I just feel bad that I potentially could have put you guys in a situation, and I'm grateful z.bees stepped up. I just wanted to clarify in case anyone was unsure haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)