MLB 2016

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/16685483/hall-flameout-25-worst-collapses-sports-history

I mean, sure. According to this story on ESPN, your World Series is the 4th largest collapse ever while the Red Sox are 7th (and the Braves 25th). But, the Red Sox are also on there at #3 with Bill Buckner and #8 with Bucky Fucking Dent. The 2011 Red Sox incident to me is still worse, because of the fact that it imploded the team at its literal core and was an entire month of freefall. And we were a Yankee Bullpen strike away and/or a Papelbon save from staying in the post season.

That was also a bullshit way to end a game that was worse than a balk because how can you call obstruction when there was literally nothing that Will Middlebrooks could have done to avoid that? You're literally asking him to become a ghost of a human being and vanish from the play. You can't end a game on obstruction that wasn't obstruction but the natural results of a baseball play.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It was bullshit because he wasn't even in the 3rd-Home baseline, the runner stepped to his left unnecessarily. That said, in general, one can easily break rules without intentionally doing so and should still be penalized/punished accordingly.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rangers bouta give up Profar, Gallo, Brinson, and Tate to get Sale
I don't know how to feel about this. Sale is amazing but he's also an injury risk. I think Gallo is an overrated prospect, but parting with Lewis Brinson and Profar hurts a lot.

I don't know how to feel about this. Sale is amazing but he's also an injury risk. I think Gallo is an overrated prospect, but parting with Lewis Brinson and Profar hurts a lot.
I mean that comment was pretty much made in jest, although it reflects the kind of haul the ChiSox are trying to get. But apparently they tried to get a package involving Mazara and perhaps a couple of their top prospects and the Rangers p much said "lol gtfo"

Trade deadline passed. A ton of major moves and a couple of surprising ones (Francisco Liriano to the Blue Jays...wtf?)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Lucroy and Beltran without having to give up one of Gallo/Profar/Mazara is a pretty big win in my books, although I will miss Brinson.

Reactions: JBC
Lucroy and Beltran without having to give up one of Gallo/Profar/Mazara is a pretty big win in my books, although I will miss Brinson.
I agree. Keep in mind I'm not a Rangers fan (actually a Phillies fan).

You did have to give up Luis Ortiz though and Dillon Tate, those were two potential #2-3 starters while yes, still had a few years until.the majors, but considering you guys are trying to get MORE starters, didn't seem as logical as it looks on the surface. But your offense got a HUGE boost. I am now not shocked if the Rangers win the AL. Still don't think they can beat the Cubs/Giants in World Series.

Andrew Benininintenenenendi time here we gooooooooooo!!!

Edit: The Trevorending Story has ended as he is out for the rest of the year. Del Rio needs a new avatar...

Last edited:
Man, I got shut out of getting Benintendi from both of my fantasy leagues because you guys somehow heard he was getting called up before I even knew he was. But even that doesn't stop me from being excited from watching the beginning of three perennial All Stars patrolling the outfield on a nightly basis.

If smacktalk worked on my browser or on the app, I wouldn't have to berate you with trades because you went and done did fuck up my collection of prospects.

Stallion

Tree Young
Man, I got shut out of getting Benintendi from both of my fantasy leagues because you guys somehow heard he was getting called up before I even knew he was. But even that doesn't stop me from being excited from watching the beginning of three perennial All Stars patrolling the outfield on a nightly basis.

If smacktalk worked on my browser or on the app, I wouldn't have to berate you with trades because you went and done did fuck up my collection of prospects.
Consider it payback for myself and Del Rio not picking up Seager when we both had the chance before you did last year :)

That was you two being dumb and not seeing the treasure infront of you. I didn't have the opportunity to get him unless I stashed him until September. And that's if he got the call up.

Quick question. If we are doing keepers, and I try to trade 4 quality keepers each with $0 draft tags to someone out of playoff contention... Why does it then get vetoed? It'd seem that if we're doing keepers, that we should be able to deal and trade players with high keeper value for players with almost no keeper value.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not like it's even a competitive balance issue. He's 5th in the league and dogfighting for a playoff spot, he's not about to run away with the ship.

On my end most of my keepers from last year fell through (Hello Stroman and Harvey) and I need to rebuild around Altuve and Thor so it makes perfect sense to me.

Vetos should literally only be when you think people are gaming the system, not your own subjective definition of fairness.

There is no button on the app nor is there a button on the sports page. How is it even possible to see it?

Assuming he's talking about the Benintendi home run which I just read about because the game was over when I came home from work and I just watched the Olympics after I got home. Baseball is on a bit of a back burner right now... only time it really happens is Olympic years...

I also apparently got my Red Sox / Yankees "fight" I've been calling for all year because JBJ has a laser arm? I'm confuzzled.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)