Monotype Monotype Summer Seasonals - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Banner by Zarif
Approved by Eevee General

Welcome to the Monotype Seasonals! This tournament is the first tournament of the Season! Entering in this seasonal earns you points for an overall Monotype leaderboard. After four seasonals, the top 16 players on this leaderboard will enter a seeded playoffs, where the winner of the tournament will become the Monotype champion! There may also be other prizes in store, which are still being discussed.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coinflipped regardless of whoever won.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Spe and other stats simultaneously
  • Swagger Clause: Swagger is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages
General Tournament Rules:

• Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  • Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  • Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  • Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Round 1

ArkenCiel vs Megazard
JosephCottone vs The Llama
Nick~XVZ vs all falls down
Sanjay. vs Wanka
Zarif vs Penguinn
Shadestep vs iDell
Kyo004 vs The-Vale
Solgaleo vs Sabella
czim vs Weegah
darrell1297 vs 1 True Lycan
ADF Test vs The Excadrill
rnbs vs Jethalal
Sandman VILIX vs Dream Eater Gengar
Adam the first vs Chakra
Elise vs Diakou
zugubu royale vs Waszap
Earth vs 6ft
Lorda Floterchai vs p2
Level 56 vs Drangonn.
Poke Expert vs Andromeda.
Misaka Mikoto vs ProfessorMasterChief
TheTacoMan vs Gianluca90
Bushtush vs Hammyosman
MiyoKa vs Zyo
truedrew vs Crashy
Oberyn vs Crestfall
P0werSurge vs 6TI
Escoffier vs Hyper-red
SubMindRaikou vs Enoch
Huston vs Dominatio
Mentalist Swag vs vakatalesau
scpinion vs Ridley.
Dancii vs Eternal Spirit
Typhozzz vs Simon Science
Natalie. vs Scotti
DoW vs Hannibalism
TheGreatSplurge vs Tyke
Jhonx~ vs jiggle
Endal vs Ferno
Mateeus_1 vs KevinELF
Haund vs Laurens
White Lion18 vs juleocesar
ComicScribe vs SOMALIA
Mysterious M vs megaqwer:D
failsohard vs Eien
Epic_Mewtwo vs TheAce22
Attribute vs terrors
dawnmidst vs Yaksok
Dece1t vs Arii Stella
iBaneful vs fran17
ForgottenOnes vs Matame
Sobi vs Camilas
Mold vs SirSkit
Nefertum vs Paleo
TheThorn vs MAlkaviano
Gentleman Tech vs trollface.jpg
madman404 vs Leru
Execute vs Confluxx
iVid vs Izaya.
Fractions. vs Clearly
i'm sora vs TheWyvernKing
Entei. vs Melle2402

Deadline is 31st July at 11am EST

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)