Media One Piece (spoilers!)

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My money's on him losing an arm. Gives a little bit of a debuff so that he doesn't overshadow the rest of the crew prior to joining them and doesn't neuter him a la Shanks.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We need another non-human crew man and it's not jimbe. He wants to join, sure, but I am pretty sure the cat version of sanji is actually going to fill the role while jinbe takes care of Big Mam's territory

Edit:
It could also go the other way

So i'm pretty new to this discussion forum since I never knew there was one on smogon but I have been following one piece for a long time so hey all :) anyway I just read the new chapter and its PRETTY damn good. First off its confirmed that the guy on the coast wasn't actually jimbei with a missing limb but actually pudding and sanji (according to luffy) but chances of it actually being sanji is pretty low lol i'm assuming its just one of big mom's powers or a devil fruit user in her crew (wouldn't that be a bit similar to MR. 3 though?) I suppose Brook going with Pedro is a nice twist and its interesting how his abilities help in infiltration.

The Luffy clone is extremely unnerving honestly. Not only does the fact that that can be used for fooling the crew but if it copies Luffy's strength too that's pretty damn dangerous.

Another little thing that I noticed:

and

It's the same guy oo.
Love how carrot went no chill mode in the first pic right when she sensed that guy <3

Like I said, i'm new to forums so if I made any mistake or anything, please tell me. Looking forward to the discussion ^.^

From what we've seen of big mom's life giving/taking powers so far, I think it's safe to say that the clones were produced by her. Similarly, this would answer how she managed to have a mermaid daughter, and also produce something as delightful as pudding. Her 'offspring' don't follow her genetic code, but are rather just products of her power. Along this vein, it would also explain all the talking inanimate objects, as possibly explain how she managed to take the life of her son by touching him. Because, if all I have said thus far is correct, her son was a creation by her powers, she had full control over him. Just so, she has full control over all of her 'children' and creations. So in fighting Luffy, she may not be able to affect him directly with her powers because he is not one of her creations. Instead I could probably see her doing something like creating a bunch of furniture-soldiers and sending them at Luffy, then watching from a distance and laughing. I don't know. This arc could go so many ways, sucks we're on break next week

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, Oda can take his sweet time if he's working on a series this good.

Right now we have not less than 11 main characters between the Straw Hats, Jinbe, and Law and that doesn't even include all the actual villains like Blackbeard, Kaido, etc. There's also an entire cast of secondary characters that can be brought back into prominence at any time from Boa Hancock to Crocodile, Bartolomeo, Silvers Rayleigh, etc. That's just the pirates and doesn't include the rest of the "Worst Generation," Navy Admirals (including the defected Aokiji.) Heck they even panned back to Princess Vivi recently.

Seriously, Oda's world is ENORMOUS and the very fact I can rifle off characters from older arcs means they had enough character building and distinctiveness to actually matter to the world, which is itself a huge feat.

TL;DR March on, Oda. March on.

• Sanji's pretty much trapped unless he can pull out some heat CoA and cover his hands with Haki.
  • The main group's stuck in the forest.
  • Where the fuck is Luffy?
  • Where the fuck is Pekoms?
  • Where the fuck is Jinbe?
this is just getting better. glad it's just half the crew right now, otherwise we'd have too many stories to follow at the same time.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Nah I think the handcuffs exist to force a reason for the crew to fight Big Mom as opposed to stealing and sneaking out. Before the handcuffs, Luffy and co only needed to grab Sanji, find the Poneglyph, and bail. Since the wedding is approaching she probably has these keys on her person.

Plus I don't want Luffy to haki those cuffs off because I'd like Sanji to unlock CoC this arc lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)