Event Discussion

Shaymin event is now live in North America. Actually, it's probably been live for a few hours as of this posting.

Now to begin the long hunt for a timid one...

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Managed to pick up a Rash one--while it's not ideal, a 31/31/17/30/23/31 IV spread isn't too bad if you're sticking with Shaymin-Sky, and it's perfectly satisfactory for my first one.
However, it does annoy me that I'm planning to use it for Triples, where Protect would be an obvious choice for the fourth moveslot...and I simply can't bring myself to stick it on there, because I'm trying hard to fit Armoatherapy/Leech Seed/Healing Wish or whatever. You're not support, damnit...stop trying!

On the leaflet for the Serial Codes of Shiny Xerneas given at Hyper Japan, it has been announced that the Shiny Yveltal event is to be held in the United Kingdom. From August 17th 2016 to September 15th 2016, you'll be able to go to Smyths Toy Stores across the UK in order to receive the code to receive the Shiny Yveltal.

From serebii:-

"As the QR Codes are now being distributed for the distribution of Magearna in Sun & Moon in Japan (through the new movie, Volcanion & The Ingenious Magearna), we now have a bit more insight into how the QR Codes work following from the confirmation that it is region locked. All players in Japan are receiving the same QR Code for their Magearna which means that everyone with a Japanese Sun & Moon game will be able to scan the code and redeem Magearna, acting akin to the shared Serial Codes that are released rather than the unique ones. It's currently unclear if all QR Code events will be like this across the globe "

Magearna event

"A new event has been announced for Japan. In the Pokémon Center in Tohoku, to celebrate the Tanabata Festival, a Jirachi is being distributed. This Jirachi is special in that it has the move Meteor Mash, which has only been obtainable through other events in the past but is the first time in Generation VI. It also has the moves Wish, Cosmic Power and Swift. It is being distributed from August 1st through August 31st."

And Meteor Mash Jirachi event

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Another Tanabata Festival, another Jirachi. Meteor Mash? Alright. Nothing that special. So we're probably not going to get it. And yet another year my suggestion of handing out a Victini in the US for July 4th goes ignored. No Japan, you can have all the special events, it's not like you think of Pokemon as an international franchise OH WAIT YOU DO LET THE REST OF THE WORLD HAVE THEIR OWN EVENTS!

I'm sure we're getting the Magearna though, I think it's being used as the "on release" event for Sun & Moon.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
On the leaflet for the Serial Codes of Shiny Xerneas given at Hyper Japan, it has been announced that the Shiny Yveltal event is to be held in the United Kingdom. From August 17th 2016 to September 15th 2016, you'll be able to go to Smyths Toy Stores across the UK in order to receive the code to receive the Shiny Yveltal.
*Sigh* Another event mon I won't be getting unless I drive to the next city from mine cause my city doesn't have one of those stores. Just put it on Wifi like the Americans did ffs! There is 0 excuse these days for this shit going on.

I am curious about stuff for those of you in the US. I keep hearing from people like in the UK, but also other nations, that "This store is far away from me", but I'm wondering if it's really better elsewhere.

Like, for those of you in the US, how far away is Gamestop, Toys R Us, and McDonalds away from you? For me, they're all pretty close, but I live at the edge of one of the most populated cities in the country.

*Sigh* Another event mon I won't be getting unless I drive to the next city from mine cause my city doesn't have one of those stores. Just put it on Wifi like the Americans did ffs! There is 0 excuse these days for this shit going on.
I don't think Smyths even exists here in Scotland period

I am curious about stuff for those of you in the US. I keep hearing from people like in the UK, but also other nations, that "This store is far away from me", but I'm wondering if it's really better elsewhere.

Like, for those of you in the US, how far away is Gamestop, Toys R Us, and McDonalds away from you? For me, they're all pretty close, but I live at the edge of one of the most populated cities in the country.
I live in Canada, but there's like 2 EB Games (GameStop's equivalent) within 3km of where I live, and also 2 McDonalds within 2km, and one Toys R Us nearby. My city's about 800k people, but I used to live in a smaller city (about 100k people) and all 3 are usually about a 5-10 minute drive away.

Has anyone received their code for the shiny Mewtwo yet? I have yet to receive mine and July is almost over. I've been to plenty of Play! Pokémon events too :/

Has anyone received their code for the shiny Mewtwo yet? I have yet to receive mine and July is almost over. I've been to plenty of Play! Pokémon events too :/
Based on the normal mailings cycle I'd guess they'll start tomorrow/monday.

I usually get an advertising email between the 12th and 14th, and Trainer club mailings between the 24th and 28th.

Based on the normal mailings cycle I'd guess they'll start tomorrow/monday.

I usually get an advertising email between the 12th and 14th, and Trainer club mailings between the 24th and 28th.
Hopefully this is the case. I guess I'm concerned since I saw on the Pokemon website that codes were to be handed out in July (so I assumed the beginning of it).

Hopefully this is the case. I guess I'm concerned since I saw on the Pokemon website that codes were to be handed out in July (so I assumed the beginning of it).
Nah the deadline to be signed up for the newsletter was July 10th so 2 weeks is still pretty reasonable, and they did say 'the end of july' (though I'll admit I had hoped for it sooner too)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Don't forget, today is your last day to download Shaymin!

If you haven't already done so, make sure you go and grab it!

Odd thing to note with the Mewtwo codes is that I don't have any VCG play points or particpated in any wifi comps that awarded them this year but I do have play points for the TCG and still got the code. Anyone else in my situation able to confirm if this has happened to them as well?

Does anyone know what kind of distribution event is being held for Volcanion? Have there been rumours or anything of the sort?

The 20th Anniversary Arceus event has started!

United States - Gamestop - August 1st through August 24th
Canada - EBGames - August 1st through August 24th
United Kingdom - GAME - August 1st through August 24th
Australia & New Zealand - EBGames - August 1st through August 24th
Spain - GAME - August 1st through August 24th
Germany - Gamestop - August 2nd through August 24th
France - Micromania - August 1st through August 28th
Italy - Gamestop - August 1st through August 24th
Belgium - Nintendo Zone in Game Mania, FNAC CORA and Smartoys - August 1st through August 24th
Austria - Gamestop - August 1st through August 24th
Netherlands - Nintendo Zone in Game Mania - August 1st through August 24th
Finland, Sweden, Norway & Denmark - BR Stores - August 17th
Switzerland - Gamestop - August 1st through August 24th
Portugal - FNAC Stores - August 1st through August 24th
South Africa - BT Games - August 1st through August 24th

Codes can be redeemed until November 30th if you really want to wait that long to use it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)