ORAS OU My First Attempt for a Team - Bisharp

Hello there!

This is my first attempt to build a team.
It's not really wise trying to build a team instead of copying one in the OU section for a noob like me... but hey, I did it, and maybe it's not even that bad.

What do you think?

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch (but I'd like to change this, it always fails :()
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

I started by Bisharp, I love this Pokemon. It's of course my sweeper, the backbone of the team. Getting a +2 bump with Swords Dance makes it extremely offensive and puts a lot of pressure deterring defoggers. It is even cool against Fairy type which results difficult for Lopunny. It is weak to Fire, Ground and especially Fight types.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch

Mega Lopunny should help Bisharp with an increased Atk, and I put it for eliminating opponents' Pokemon before allowing Bisharp to sweep the last ones.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Brave Bird

I put Talonflame to have a Fire offense (I put Flare Blitz instead of the common Sword Dance, I don't know if it's a good idea lol) and to help Lopunny against Garchomp or Hippodown, which may be great threats. It's of course great against all grass types and it may be used as revengekiller as well with Brave Bird. It suffers for Fairy type, but Bisharp should help for that.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Klefki is a spiker which is always useful and it is a Fairy type as well, to punch dragons with its Play Rough. It suffers for Earthquake, but Magnet Rise should save it, and with Prankster it always manage to use it before being attaked. It gives support to Bisharp thanks to Thunder Wave, but it hates Fire. That's why I chose...

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Which may set stealth rock, it's immune to electric type and resists to fire. With Klefki it represents a good defense before switching in Bisharp or Lopunny. With Earthquake it may even kill a lot of annoying walls such as Heatran, Tyranitar, Metagross... and even offensive threats such as another Bisharp.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

I'll be honest, I put Starmie because I wanted a spinner in my team lol.
But actually it may be useful, with Ice Beam against grass type which should counter it and it's resistance to Fire, Ice (which threaten Garchomp), Fight and Steel.

What do you think, peeps? How should I improve it?

Thank you in advance! :)

Last edited:
For a first attempt at a team, that looks really good. However, you have a very significant mega diancie weakness. The HP fire set (aka the best and most common one) has 0 switching on your team, and it can switch in on klefki and talon easily.

To fix this, I'm gonna recommend you change starmie to suicune. Suicune can stand up to any of diancies attacks, including the less common earth power, and can either boost up or scald it. I'm gonna recommend standard rest talk Crocune. Rest/Sleep Talk/ Scald/Calm Mind with max hp and def. This in turn leaves you without hazard control.

Next, I'm gonna recommend you change Klefki to Latios with defog. LO Latios is one of the best mons rn and is a great Rotom-Wash switch in, which your team lacks. Standard Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Defog/Roost works well. Run max speed and spA with a timid nature.

Overall, these changes should reduce yor weakness to one of the best megas in the game while also giving you a secondary wincon in Crocune (who is basically God).
hope I helped!

For a first attempt at a team, that looks really good. However, you have a very significant mega diancie weakness. The HP fire set (aka the best and most common one) has 0 switching on your team, and it can switch in on klefki and talon easily.

To fix this, I'm gonna recommend you change starmie to suicune. Suicune can stand up to any of diancies attacks, including the less common earth power, and can either boost up or scald it. I'm gonna recommend standard rest talk Crocune. Rest/Sleep Talk/ Scald/Calm Mind with max hp and def. This in turn leaves you without hazard control.

Next, I'm gonna recommend you change Klefki to Latios with defog. LO Latios is one of the best mons rn and is a great Rotom-Wash switch in, which your team lacks. Standard Draco Meteor/Psyshock/Defog/Roost works well. Run max speed and spA with a timid nature.

Overall, these changes should reduce yor weakness to one of the best megas in the game while also giving you a secondary wincon in Crocune (who is basically God).
hope I helped!
IDK if running spikes+SR and defog is a good idea, it seems counter productive, the opponent sets up SR, then to get Tflame in you have to reset your rocks and spikes, 4 turns of work wasted. Also keep in mind tornadus does function very well with bisharp/lop.

IDK if running spikes+SR and defog is a good idea, it seems counter productive, the opponent sets up SR, then to get Tflame in you have to reset your rocks and spikes, 4 turns of work wasted. Also keep in mind tornadus does function very well with bisharp/lop.
he's not running spikes w the suggestions I made... I swapped in a defogger for a spiker basically.

K, if you want to drop sucker punch on bisharp pursuit is viable to trap defogger lati, especially with the defiant boost. Sucker punch is a great move tho..

K, if you want to drop sucker punch on bisharp pursuit is viable to trap defogger lati, especially with the defiant boost. Sucker punch is a great move tho..
Sucker Punch is great I agree. Most people don't run pursuit Sharp anymore, but its kinda sorta viable.

Hi! You have a pretty decent team with Bisharp + M-Lopunny, they work pretty well together because they weaken common checks letting one of them win. You had a good idea for the team but it has some issues that can be easily fixed.

First, M-Charizard X is a problem for your team. If this monster somehow gets to +1 it can easily sweep your team, your only way to stop it is with Klefki's Thunder Wave but you don't have a decent switch-in to it. Life Orb Excadrill is another issue for your team, with sand support and the ability Sand Rush it can be a problem because you lack a good ground immunity, the only way to stop it is keeping Garchomp healthy or to put it in range of Sucker Punch from Bisharp.
Landorus-T >
Garchomp:
Defensive Landorus has the same role as Garchomp on your team. It gets up rocks, gets chip damage on physical attackers with Rocky Helmet and it's a check to Flying types. I feel like Landorus fits more in your team, it gives you a better ground immunity which helps with LO Excadrill and with Intimidate it can switch into M-Zard X, two problems to your team.
Swords Dance / Bulk Up > Flare Blitz:
Since you're using a bulky set on Talonflame it doesn't need fire coverage, with Will-o-Wisp it already beats M-Zor, Ferrothorn and Bisharp 1v1. You can choose from swords dance or bulk up, it gives you another win condition and it takes advantage of Rotom, Lando and other physical walls being weaken. A spread of 248 HP, 200 SpDef and 60 Speed with a Careful Nature is better for this set, it has enough speed for Jolly Excadrill so you can burn it if it's out of Sand, the HP and SpDef is there for more bulk and it helps vs offensive steel types and some fairy types like Clefable, M-Altaria and Gardevoir.
Flash Cannon > Play Rough:
This isn't that big of a change but it's still useful, Flash Cannon OHKOs M-Diancie so it can't stop you from setting up hazards and it stills hits Weavile.

That's it for my rate. Volcanion can be an issue for your team since your only switch-in is an offensive Starmie, so try to stop it from coming in for free. Also, idk if you know this but Sucker Punch only works when someone is going to use an attacking move vs you, for example if Latios uses Draco Meteor vs Bisharp then Sucker Punch is going to work and lets you go first but if it uses Roost or Defog instead then it's going to fail. I hope you like the changes, have fun!

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 200 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Swords Dance / Bulk Up
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Thank you so much, people, I'll try out every suggestion you gave me :)

Lately I found much difficult dealing with Slowbro, boosted Manaphy and Quagsire :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)