Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
For some reason, when it try scanning the QR codes for other people, it doesn't work. How should I avoid this problem so that the 3Ds can read the card?
It's annoying to get the QR code to actually be read at times. Make sure you're in a well-lit area for one thing. I've also heard that it reads the QR code better if you print it or copy it to Paint...basically have it on a white background (never tried it). Perhaps the image quality of the code isn't the best so it just isn't scanable. Depending on the error, it's also possible that your favorite's list for your secret bases is full. It could be for any number of reasons.

I don't think it has stab per se, since they don't have a type, but iirc, shadow moves are always super effective.
In Colosseum, Shadow Rush was neutrally effective on all types.

In XD, shadow moves are supereffective (x2) on all types but not very effective (x0.5) on shadow pokemon.

No STAB in either case, since shadow pokemon are technically still the same type as they used to be (so Shadow Lugia still a flying/psychic type for example).

I was wondering if it was possible to trade with "myself" in Gen I by having two VC games (for me, Yellow and whichever of the other two I buy if this is possible) and copying the data of one of the games to the SD Card of a second 3DS I own then proceeding as normal. Would there be anything stopping me from doing this?

I was wondering if it was possible to trade with "myself" in Gen I by having two VC games (for me, Yellow and whichever of the other two I buy if this is possible) and copying the data of one of the games to the SD Card of a second 3DS I own then proceeding as normal. Would there be anything stopping me from doing this?
Game purchases are linked to your Nintendo Account now, so if you transferred the data to another 3DS, you'd have to buy the Gen 1 game again on another account (since you can only have one 3DS per account).

is the chance to hatch a pawniard with defiant 50%? because i've hatched over 10 of them now and they all have inner focus.....i don't think items affect which ability gets passed on?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
is the chance to hatch a pawniard with defiant 50%? because i've hatched over 10 of them now and they all have inner focus.....i don't think items affect which ability gets passed on?
Nope. It's a 60% chance to pass on the ability and then a 50/50 chance for the ability to be the same anyway if you aren't breeding Hidden Abilities. (80% Total) Ether you're breeding with an Inner Focus Pawnard and this is normal, or you're breeding with a Defiant Pawnard and the game's trolling you.

P.S. If you get a Shiny Inner Focus one, I have way too much BP to use for just myself, so feel free to ask me for an Ability Capsule.

Nope. It's a 60% chance to pass on the ability and then a 50/50 chance for the ability to be the same anyway if you aren't breeding Hidden Abilities. (80% Total) Ether you're breeding with an Inner Focus Pawnard and this is normal, or you're breeding with a Defiant Pawnard and the game's trolling you.

P.S. If you get a Shiny Inner Focus one, I have way too much BP to use for just myself, so feel free to ask me for an Ability Capsule.
i'm breeding an inner focus pawniard with a ditto, everstone on the pawniard. i thought abilities werent inherited, but it turns out there's a 80% chance i end up with inner focus. oops

What's the deal with breeding and ditto? Surely you'd get the same pokemon anyway if you didn't breed ditto? (Why are people so obsessed?)

What's the deal with breeding and ditto? Surely you'd get the same pokemon anyway if you didn't breed ditto? (Why are people so obsessed?)
I'll give the long explanation just so there's no confusion.

For people breeding for competitive pokemon (Battle Spot, VGC, even the Battle Maison) using a "flawless" six 31 IV Ditto with a Destiny Knot or Power item (Power Band, Power Anklet, etc.) as a parent is the easiest way in Gen 6 to get them with maximum IV's. Technically you could use any compatible pokemon as your IV-passer, but since Ditto is a universal parent it's a lot less work to just breed with a six 31 IV Ditto.

There are other ways to get 31 IV's. Pokemon have a random chance of having them upon creation, pokemon in the "unbreedable" egg group (legendaries and some baby pokemon) have three 31 IV's automatcially, those caught in the Friend Safari have two 31's automatically, and using DexNav you can catch pokemon with up to three 31 IV's automatically (as indicated by the stars on the DexNav screen).

You can also get lucky on the Wonder Trade because a lot of breeders like to send their extras or "nearly-flawless" pokemon there. I've gotten some good stuff like a five-31 IV defog Zubat. But then again you just might get a lot of Bidoofs.

However, the Ditto breeding method is the quickest and most reliable method. And even then it still takes a lot of time and luck to get perfection.

Really wish I had a flawless Ditto, the best I have is a four 31 IV (and it's not for speed either, I can never get a 31 on speed).

If you have more questions about IV's, consult a breeding guide (like this one: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-perfect-pokemon-in-pokemon-x-y.3490432/ ) or a data site like Serebii or Bulbapedia. Because bugger if I'm letting another thread close just because the IV argument just won't lay down and die.

Last edited:

For people breeding for competitive pokemon (Battle Spot, VGC, even the Battle Maison) using a "flawless" six 31 IV Ditto with a Destiny Knot or Power item (Power Band, Power Anklet, etc.) as a parent is the easiest way in Gen 6 to get them with maximum IV's. Technically you could use any compatible pokemon as your IV-passer, but since Ditto is a universal parent it's a lot less work to just breed with a six 31 IV Ditto.

There are other ways to get 31 IV's. Pokemon have a random chance of having them upon creation, pokemon in the "unbreedable" egg group (legendaries and some baby pokemon) have three 31 IV's automatcially, those caught in the Friend Safari have two 31's automatically, and using DexNav you can catch pokemon with up to three 31 IV's automatically (as indicated by the stars on the DexNav screen).

You can also get lucky on the Wonder Trade because a lot of breeders like to send their extras or "nearly-flawless" pokemon there. I've gotten some good stuff like a five-31 IV defog Zubat. But then again you just might get a lot of Bidoofs.

However, the Ditto breeding method is the quickest and most reliable method. And even then it still takes a lot of time and luck to get perfection.

Really wish I had a flawless Ditto, the best I have is a four 31 IV (and it's not for speed either, I can never get a 31 on speed).

If you have more questions about IV's, consult a breeding guide (like this one: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/breeding-perfect-pokemon-in-pokemon-x-y.3490432/ ) or a data site like Serebii or Bulbapedia. Because bugger if I'm letting another thread close just because the IV argument just won't lay down and die.
There's a permanent Ditto giveaway somewhere around the Wi-Fi section. Why don't you ask for a perfect Ditto there?

modularform

formerly Salamance
Link to the Ditto giveaway the above post mentioned: Ditto Giveaway

In addition to all 31 IV Dittos, Most, the user who runs the giveaway, also has Minimum Spe and Atk Dittos (for TR teams or Special Attackers), and even some with flawless Hidden Power spreads.

Last edited:
Link to the Ditto giveaway the above post mentioned: Ditto Giveaway

In addition to all 31 IV Dittos, Most, the user who runs the giveaway, also has Minimum Spe and Atk Dittos (for TR teams or Special Attackers), and even some with flawless Hidden Power spreads.
I didn't know about the 0 Spe and 0 atk, as soon as I wake up, I'll ask around xD

Edit: That link is actually wrong. This is the right one: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/infinite-ditto-giveaway-part-2.3577127/

Last edited:

Thanks! One last thing, where would these people get these 6 perfect IV dittos from originally? (In the first place)

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks! One last thing, where would these people get these 6 perfect IV dittos from originally? (In the first place)
I suspect Black / White are the main source. RNG was particularly easy in those games. That's certainly where I got mine. Though I warn you, catching your own flawless Dittos gets a bit addictive. First you catch a flawless Ditto. Then you think about getting a flawless Ditto of each nature. Then you start going after flawless, 0 Speed IV Dittos of each -Speed nature for Trick Room use. I haven't gotten to the point of going after 0 Attack Dittos of each -SpA nature for minimizing special attacker confusion damage, but I'm sure plenty of folk have.

A true flawless pentagon Ditto would be quite the trophy though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)