Tournament BLT III: Week 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus

Art by sirDonovan; Modified from Vapo's thread

Welcome to the seventh and final week of the first stage of BLT III! As usual, a win this week will result in a team receiving two points, a loss will result in zero points, and a draw in one. The top four teams with the most points after this week will advance to the semi-finals. Matches will be played in standard ORAS tiers on the main PS! server.

Basic tournament rules (you absolutely should read these, especially if you're new to forum tournaments):

Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment could be as severe as a server ban (which is an instant loss for you), forum infraction, or disqualification. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done, and I will not be granting any extensions for any reasons. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this season as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Managers are free to substitute out inactive players at any point during the week with any subs they chose during the draft. Be sure to post in the thread when making a substitution.

Here are this week's matchups! The format is PS! name (Smogon name, if different):

(3)
Snowpoint Snovers (Jarii and TraceofLife) vs. (6)
Hearthome Hydreigons (Eyan and Winry)
Ubers: captivity vs. mj20
OU 1: SpecsMegaBeedrill vs. Euli97 (Euli94)
OU 2: Strycal vs. Pradhaaan
UU: YouthBerry vs. Adaam
RU: TraceofLife vs. Andromeda (Andromeda.)
NU: eugenethegreat vs. Trade
PU: LolBron James vs. blinkboy
LC: Zoaw vs. Dream Eater Gengar
Doubles OU: Jarii vs. Sopheon

(7)
Dendemille Dedennes (Scyther NO Swiping and CS2016) vs. (2)
Ecruteak Elekids (Feliburn and Hannahh)
Ubers: EternalSnowman vs. josh (Joshz)
OU 1: GonxKillua vs. iAruban
OU 2: blazenix vs. ezeymoney (Mthw)
UU: DrReuniclus3 (DrReuniclus) vs. Shiba
RU: soTsoT vs. Chill Shadow
NU: Villa vs. rozes
PU: sanjay (Sanjay.) vs. IvoPost
LC: kushal00 vs. MMM (Brokengoth)
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. xXEricXx

(2)
Slateport Shedinjas (GXS and Natalie (Natalie.)) vs. (7)
Celestic Clefables (Jetpack and HiMyNamesL)
Ubers: Reje vs. Oshawott Fan
OU 1: Vinest vs. sand1234
OU 2: Le Sabreur vs. OminousDraco
UU: Pak vs. Raphael2711
RU: Lord Booty Milk PD vs. samjo
NU: Urfgurgle vs. AV99
PU: Leru vs. Jeran (Akashi)
LC: PD Lord Booty Milk vs. parivard
Doubles OU: The Cheesen One vs. TheLastOne

(4)
Lilycove Mawiles (Reisen (Reisen Inaba) and Pottie Scippen.) vs. (5)
Fallarbor Florges (Always (Always!) and Vapo)
Ubers: Dominatio vs. Gunner Rohan
OU 1: Jrsmash9 vs. all falls down
OU 2: Jmac AU vs. le fat kid
UU: jrdn (Jordn) vs. Euphonos Uwoodz03
RU: MegCham vs. naruto(sage)
NU: Skellos (Skelos) vs. Karolynia (Karalynia)
PU: Megazard vs. Lord Sample Team
LC: BigBoy038 vs. majaspic22
Doubles OU: Racool Sub: TUO vs. hamhamhamham (Grum23)

Season records (maintained by Eyan and Trade)

**NEW** All BLT discussion will be held in the Tournaments sub-room The Dojo. The chat is now restricted to players and managers with modchat+. Please only use this thread to report contact, predictions, match results, or call activity if needed.

This week ends July 31st at 11:59PM EST. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Jordn and I made contact way before this has been posted, and we have assigned a time frame.

Catch us battle each other on either July 26, July 27, or July 28, 10:00 PM EST, live at the Pokemon Showdown Main Server.

See you there!

(well, I'm fine being benched for a while)

Last edited:

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Contacted, leggo Dendennes

Question: would we seed higher than a 4-3 team if we were 4-2-1? (does a tie count better than a loss)

I would also like to clarify the issue of ties. Tbh I didn't expect ties to occur in this tour, at the least they should've been decided with coinflips. It makes the win differentials very pointless. For example, my team is the 5th due to ties being considered higher than losses, yet we have the 2nd highest win differential. I would just like clarification for all of this...

sirDonovan

Wonder
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
BigBoy038 was more available and communicated more than parivard. samjo missed the first scheduled match with MegCham and they both missed each other for the second scheduled match due to being on alts.

We're currently discussing ties and activity calls. We'll let you know as soon as possible whether or not there will be any changes.

Well true but no activity was called so it should be either a coinflip or a tie or something.
It should be considered that at least both were at fault.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Something to note about ties in this case is that it didn't come about in the traditional sense such that a dead game caused it rather than there being only 8 players and it ending 4-4. Basically both teams are being rewarded for a dead game when there should always be an incentive to play.

EternalSnowman

DPL Champion
Something to note about ties in this case is that it didn't come about in the traditional sense such that a dead game caused it rather than there being only 8 players and it ending 4-4. Basically both teams are being rewarded for a dead game when there should always be an incentive to play.
I feel like something like this is can end in more of a punishment since essentially a team that won 4 games and didnt lose, yet they count as they lost or something, I would suggest that at least you would get either an opportunity to tiebreak in that case (play the 3 games that is normally done in other tours) or just give them a higher match difference score (ties count for +1 or +2 more match difference or something). This way the team isnt "punished" for not playing but isnt getting an over generous reward either.

I would support tie breakers tho
It was even written in the rules of the BLT 3 announcement thread that tie breakers would be a thing so wynaut??

Btw contacted and looking forward to a reply from opponent. N_N

BigBoy038:
Dude I contacted you at first and you told me that we play saturday, I wasnt sure of I could play then and I told you that.
then I Friday that I couldnt play on the time we scheduled and said that I could play saturday morning or sunday morning.
But you didnt say anything for 2 days and contacted me again when sunday morning was almost over, I told you a little later that I could play a few hours later but then something else came up so I coulndt play, sorry about that.
tbh I can still play but you probably cant since you have something to do with school, but I dont think you deserve the activity win since I have waited longer then you have and you didnt say anything at all.

what do you mean by I friday. When we had to play on saturday there is no point of friday or thursday.Thats why pps contact and choose a 'good' time to play.
-> You asked me when to play for blt.I replied saturday. You were not sure that you could play on saturday and also you added that you could play 7 hours before, it was difficult for me to come at that time but I STILL CAME and couldn't find you. Then the last 'time' at which we both could play was on sunday a/c to which you were like 90% sure that you could play on that time and you felt sorry for not coming at that time.I waited for 4 hrs.[I didn't mind]
Moreover, if you had a problem of that time then you would surely give your opinion and ask me to change the time but you didn't.

After looking at all the points I think that I am far more right/accurate than you so I think that I should get the activity win if you still have anything to say against this then sure bring it here.

BigBoy038:
Dude I contacted you at first and you told me that we play saturday, I wasnt sure of I could play then and I told you that.
then I Friday that I couldnt play on the time we scheduled and said that I could play saturday morning or sunday morning.
But you didnt say anything for 2 days and contacted me again when sunday morning was almost over, I told you a little later that I could play a few hours later but then something else came up so I coulndt play, sorry about that.
tbh I can still play but you probably cant since you have something to do with school, but I dont think you deserve the activity win since I have waited longer then you have and you didnt say anything at all.

what do you mean by I friday. When we had to play on saturday there is no point of friday or thursday.Thats why pps contact and choose a 'good' time to play.
-> You asked me when to play for blt.I replied saturday. You were not sure that you could play on saturday and also you added that you could play 7 hours before, it was difficult for me to come at that time but I STILL CAME and couldn't find you. Then the last 'time' at which we both could play was on sunday a/c to which you were like 90% sure that you could play on that time and you felt sorry for not coming at that time.I waited for 4 hrs.[I didn't mind]
Moreover, if you had a problem of that time then you would surely give your opinion and ask me to change the time but you didn't.

After looking at all the points I think that I am far more right/accurate than you so I think that I should get the activity win if you still have anything to say against this then sure bring it here.
alright parivard looks like you're gonna need help clarifying exactly what bigboy was talking about:

what do you mean by "I friday." first of all, thats most likely a typo and means on friday. secondly, there is obviously a timezone difference, and on his Friday, most likely your saturday, he told you he couldnt play on Saturday, and asked if you could play Sunday around a certain time

Also, your activity call, just lol

1. it took you roughly 36 hours to reply to that message (aka it was already Sunday) and you caught bigboy while he wasn't at home, and he said he would be able to play when he got home, but something had come up and he couldnt play. but given you were only available to play on Saturday and a short period of time Sunday, and bigboy had been available for the majority of the week, I'm a little confused as to how you deserve any activity win when you gave bigboy two days to play with.

2. this 7 hours beforehand post. You never actually replied to it on smogon confirming the match, it was NEVER scheduled. so I'm uncertain as to why it was mentioned given that you didnt respond to that message until 36 hours later.

3. Looking at the time of your activity post, and the convo you both had on your smogon wall, heres what it looks like to anyone who can work it out. he told you that he could play Sunday 1 pm your time (same time as around 7 hours before your first proposed time, but on Sunday). but you didnt respond to that post until 1 hour AFTER that time had passed, which is ridiculous, doesn't give bigboy a lot of time to work with if he has just left home. bigboy replied 4 hours later saying, I can play in a few hours when I get home. and you called activity a couple of hours later before bigboy was home. also, you called activity at 8:50 pm your time, which was only 3 hours after that message that bigboy sent asking you for a few hours to give him a chance to get home so he could play. I wouldn't exactly call that great scheduling on your part, given you had one availability, and didnt even bother trying to schedule a match on Sunday UNTIL an hour after the time bigboy specifically said he could play at.

Also, I'm not putting you down here or anything like that, I just don't understand how on earth you can ask for an activity win when you gave such a limited timeframe to schedule in to even begin with

gonna call activity on rozes now because it's been like 9 hours since i posted on his wall and he hasn't given me an available time. The other activity decisions in this tour have been based off of less so i'll just take the win n_n

Um this is getting stupid. From what I can see both were at fault.@bigboy038 you said yourself you missed a time you had scheduled for. And apparently pari missed the previous one. The fact that you waited outside your scheduled time is irrelevant. tbh call it a draw or twist some rule and play. And samjo vs MegCham ?_?

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Why would you reward teams for not playing their games with a tiebreaker of 3 goddamn games?!

Is this for real? rewarding negligence is an extremely bad idea, get your shit done ffs. Is not that difficult to get matches done --__--

Allowing ties was also a bad idea for this tour, there should be an incentive for players to get their matches done. "Play your match or you are getting a coinflip risking a loss" sounds like a really nice initial incentive to me.

Last edited:
BigBoy038 was more available and communicated more than parivard. samjo missed the first scheduled match with MegCham and they both missed each other for the second scheduled match due to being on alts.

We're currently discussing ties and activity calls. We'll let you know as soon as possible whether or not there will be any changes.
you contradict yourself in your post sirdonovan. You say bigboy gets win since he is more active but he was the one to miss the first scheduled time and then turn around and say megcham should get the win over samjo cause he missed the first scheduled time and idk about you but whenever i'm on i always see samjo on (even saw him on when i was at midnight for my blt match). I mean its okay to rule whichever way you want to but please be consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)