Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a suggestion for a cool new game format :D

What if we can create any team with pokes starting at level 1 and for each win the pokemon on your team will gain levels. If you lose a game your pokemon will lose levels. It would be cool to try and keep matches between 10 levels or so between the two teams. I think it could be a great meta for players who play this daily and want to build up their pokemon's levels! Could something like this be done on PS?

The only thing i never understood is the damage variance rolls. A temporary mode where only max damage rolls were calculated sounds like a good idea to me. It is a small change but i see it preventing those loses where a low damage roll robs you from a hard-fought win

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hello, I've got another suggestion :] Would it be possible to implement room-specific highlights? For example, I frequent Other Metas and am starting to go to RMT more to help people with their BH teams. I'd like to be highlighted by BH and Balanced Hackmons in RMT on the rare occasions when someone posts a BH team, but at the same time do not want to be spammed by highlights during regular discussion in the OM room. Thanks for your consideration!

EDIT: If this could be implemented through an extra command at the end, that would be great, so for example:
/highlight add, [word] - adds a word to your global hl list
/highlight add, [word], [room] - adds a word to your hl list for that specific room

Just so that people can still have other words on their list that they want to hl them everywhere (such as nicknames, e.g. IT11 for myself)

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Alright, I'm here with a suggestion after seeing countless trolls get banned/muted/locked etc. Even if they are IP locked, for some reason, they can easily still evade and create uregistered accounts and continue trolling.
here is what I'm suggesting; get rid of the easy account creation, and use a forum style Sign-Up procedure. This will discourage people from creating massive alts, and can stop ban/lock evasion to an extent. No one would bother creating a new account for the sole purpose of trolling, cus creating new accounts can take some time, as you need email address, etc. This also helps better organisation.
I believe this can get rid of the many trolls that plague Pokemon Showdown. Hope you take this into consideration.

Thank you,
Mr.GX

Alright, I'm here with a suggestion after seeing countless trolls get banned/muted/locked etc. Even if they are IP locked, for some reason, they can easily still evade and create uregistered accounts and continue trolling.
here is what I'm suggesting; get rid of the easy account creation, and use a forum style Sign-Up procedure. This will discourage people from creating massive alts, and can stop ban/lock evasion to an extent. No one would bother creating a new account for the sole purpose of trolling, cus creating new accounts can take some time, as you need email address, etc. This also helps better organisation.
I believe this can get rid of the many trolls that plague Pokemon Showdown. Hope you take this into consideration.

Thank you,
Mr.GX
autoconfirmed chat already stops unregistered alts from spamming

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
What anto said and that 90% of rooms have autoconfirmed on at all the times anyway
also, another thing is PM spamming. An account doesn't need to be auto confirmed to PM others. There have been users who spam through PM in multiple accounts at the same time, and apparently, they evade IP locks. Registering new accounts via email confirmation could significantly reduce this.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
also, another thing is PM spamming. An account doesn't need to be auto confirmed to PM others. There have been users who spam through PM in multiple accounts at the same time, and apparently, they evade IP locks. Registering new accounts via email confirmation could significantly reduce this.
We have other ways to deal with users who repeatedly evade, this isn't really as large of a problem as you might think.

Albatrie

Hi,

Perhaps a suggestion like this was already made, and I'm guilty for not checking all the pages before sending this.

Here's the suggestion :

Make a clear difference between global ranks and room ranks.
I know that when you click on a username, both appears... unless the rank is the same, i.e. user is global voice and roomvoice in a room, when you click on his pseudo from the room, you will only see "Global Voice (+)"
It is the same for ranks above

Why would it be nice to distinguish room ranks from global ranks ?

- It would be easier for the room user to know who they are asking something, especially in language room (they can be sure the user speaks the language) and in tiers room (they can be sure the user knows the tier very well).
I'm speaking with my experience so far, perhaps I am the only one to feel like it, therefore just ignore this.
- It would also help auth people to be active in each room, they can feel themselves like part of the room, part of the family, and therefore they might be more disposed to help in that room.

How could it be changed ?

The draconian solution would be to have clear different symbols for ranks, by adding some of them, (=, $, £, ¤ are not used for example, even if it wouldn't be appropriate to use money signs, I'm sure it would be possible to find others)
Another solution could be found in making a clear difference when you click on a username, instead of seeing only the global rank, you would see the whole userauth even if the ranks are the same :
Global voice (+)
Voice (+)

Thanks for reading me, and please forgive my English, and if I'm not clear enough, feel free to ask.
Have a nice day.

Albatrie

so i had this conversation with Ambii:

wubbenhorst: quick question i do it private because everyone probably gets sick of me (you included maybe ;) ) but why isnt monotype rb in the format?
+Ambii: in what format?
wubbenhorst: well to choose
+Ambii: Oh
+Ambii: You cant ladder it
+Ambii: Like, you can play it when you challenge someone else
+Ambii: but you cant do a rated battle with it
wubbenhorst: okay i get it
+Ambii: since its very unbalanced ^^
wubbenhorst: cant you just call it 'monotype random battle (unrated)'
+Ambii: hmm
+Ambii: dunno honestly
wubbenhorst: :)
+Ambii: thats not my job though n_n
+Ambii: maybe «suggestions»¿
+Ambii: ? *
wubbenhorst: ill try that thanks man
+Ambii: np :)

is this possible to do?

Ok so I asked in the Help room and this doesn't exist.

Would a feature where you can join multiple rooms at once be possible? Something like "/join Battle Dome, Wifi, Lobby, Mafia" where you join each room at the same time (rather than having to do it one by one)?

panpawn

You Can't See Me
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
An actual "Slow chat mod" for rooms, would be grateful when there's lag and can prevent some spam.
That can work like: /slowchat 5 (amount of seconds between messages in seconds).
Maybe this won't affect staff? Or should be set for each rank?
Even the time that the slowchat would be on? (this could be applied to modchat?)

Other examples:
/slowchat 5,users Users need to wait 5 seconds until slowchat is turned off
/slowchat 3,5,+ voices need to wait 3 seconds to send the message for 5 minutes
I have made a rendition of this and pull requested it to Main. Thanks for the idea!

panpawn

You Can't See Me
Ok so I asked in the Help room and this doesn't exist.

Would a feature where you can join multiple rooms at once be possible? Something like "/join Battle Dome, Wifi, Lobby, Mafia" where you join each room at the same time (rather than having to do it one by one)?
It kind of already is... if your screen is big enough with a high enough resolution, enter two chatrooms and do Shift + Left Arrow to put a chat to the left, and the second should be to the right and you will then have two chats open at once.

It kind of already is... if your screen is big enough with a high enough resolution, enter two chatrooms and do Shift + Left Arrow to put a chat to the left, and the second should be to the right and you will then have two chats open at once.
I meant joining rooms simultaneously, like if you did "/join trivia, battledome, survivor" you would join all three of those rooms at the same time rather than doing "/join trivia" then "/join battledome" then "/join survivor". As in all at the same time. "/join" but for multiple rooms instead of one.

panpawn

You Can't See Me
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, though I do wish that the Importable sets are much more clear when in Dark Mode.

http://prntscr.com/btn7su (which is fine)

http://prntscr.com/btn7xt Dark mode appears to remove everything but the sprite icon. (well, if you highlight on it the text will appear, but still.)

This is a very minor pet peeve but I think it's something worthy to be brought up!

Cheers.
I have addressed this in a new pull request to Main's client. Thanks for pointing this out!

Reactions: A
I have been avoiding playing on the client for like 2 years now because the text is too small and after a couple of hours my eyes just cant bear with it. I play pokemon showdown on my browser with the page 150% zoomed in and this is the way ive always been doing it, and im not complaining about it. however it kind of bums me out not being able to use the client because of such a lame thing.

Suggestion: make it so that you can zoom in/out in the client in the same way that you can do in a browser and make it appear the same way as it would in the browser.

like honestly i dont see why you shouldnt be able to zoom if you would like too, its not like youre forcing people to do it, but it could be great for those who prefer it. thanks

PS: this is what it looks like for me and i prefer it 1000 better than the regular look (no hate pls)

Attachments

panpawn

You Can't See Me
Suggestion: allow users locked on the same IP to PM each other.

Pro: allows users in schools to continue to talk to each other (a common point in school lock appeals) when "that guy" gets the entire school locked.
Con: "that guy" can harass the other users at the school free of penalty.
I have made a pull request for this on the Main server.

edit; I closed it because it wasn't as wanted as a feature as I originally anticipated. Thank you for the suggestion and giving me something to do though, still!!

Last edited:

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My suggestion is to make custom games a metagame playable on the ladder. They seem rather popular for an unladdered metagame, and I think they would have quite the respectable audience. Who wouldn't want to play a metagame where you can legally use missingno.? Right now the only way to play them is to challenge a specific user, which is less than ideal, because you have to pester a bunch of people and very rarely get teams of an appropriate difficulty level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)