(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

How many more times do you intend to repeat this
As many as I can, Karen speech was bullshit even on her generation.

But at least I post Roxie gems of wisdom from PWT. Quite a gem on team building, even though there are sets that are better than others, coverage choices and what you hope to achieve with your team are important too.

-"Fight with this Pokémon that way... Use this item that way... Are you letting others decide that for you? Well, whatever, but what's important is figuring out what you want to do! Get ready! 'Cause I'm going to knock the common sense outta you and drag you into a brand new world!"

Depending on win or losing.

-"You didn't win... I lost! I was weak and made my Pokémon feel how much losing stinks! Watch out! Next time we meet, I'm going to give you a toxic shock!"

-"Ya can't win 'em all. It's impossible, seriously! Trying to look cool every time you mess up or fail is totally exhausting! So you just have to let it all hang out!"

And then there is Grimsley speech about team building or at least on match up dependency.

Last edited:
I usually don't post in this thread since I don't want to create too much negativity, but due to some recent news, I feel that I have to.

Saw this on Serebii a few days ago:
It has been confirmed that the Generation 6 Global Link will end its service as of late October 2016 to make adjustments ahead of the release of the Global Link in Sun & Moon. When this happens, all features using the Global Link such as Logging in, Game Sync, Returning items into the game and Rating Battle will go offline, though the GTS, Wonder Trade and Free Battle will remain online. As part of a Thank You campaign, from July 26th everything on the PokéMileage Club will be 50% and Ability Capsules will be re-added for 5,000 PokéMiles a piece.
I find this rather annoying. With the 6th Gen PGL closing down, several cool features will be unavailable afterwards. The most notable one for me personally is the Medal system since it is tied to the PGL in 6th Gen. But others will be missed as well.

And the question is why? Why can't the PGL for two different generations exist at the same time? It happened before with the 5th Gen PGL before the release of X/Y, and that will now be repeated. Though I can somewhat forgive them for closing down the 5th Gen PGL since that would have happened later on anyway since all Wi-Fi services for 5th/4th Gen were closed down a while later. But as for the 6th Gen PGL closing down... I just don't get it. This means it won't be possible to obtain any more medals once it has closed down, which is the really annoying thing (for me, at least). Each PGL have had one feature I really appreciate, the one from 5th Gen had Dream World (I really missed it or some kind of successor to it on 6th Gen) and the 6th Gen PGL has the Medal System. If they had kept it as it was in B2/W2 (where you obtain the medals directly in the game, but they were displayed on the PGL itself) I would have been less annoyed. But that's not the case. I'm almost hoping that the 7th Gen PGL won't have any feature that's this useful so we won't miss it as much once it closes down (which I am sure will happen once 8th Gen is about to begin). And I really hope that Sun/Moon will do the Medal System the same way as in B2/W2.

On a positive note, I'm glad they did announce this a while in advance so it won't be a complete shock once it happens.

Okay, rant over. I have a few more (very minor things) that annoy me, but I'll leave it with this for now.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Suspicious Derivative
I don't think GF/Pokemon Company has a grasp on what they should exactly do with the PGL. As you said, they put up these neat little features like with Gen V they had the Dream World Home and in Gen VI they put the Medal System on the PGL. People work hard to make their home look nice or get as many of the medals as they can... only to be told when the next Gen is around the corner that they'll discontinue service and wipe it out. What was the point? What was the point of getting us involved into something only for you to decide to get rid of it a few years later?

Now I'm begrudgingly willing to forgive with Gen V's PGL as it was their first time doing so, it looked like they had more plans to do with it (especially with the Dream World), but something fell through. Okay, fine, that just means they need to plan better for Gen VI. And from the looks of it they did. They kept things simple, implemented a medal system, okay. So maybe now they can have the games from Gen VI and on connect to this central PGL, adding and removing features which fit or don't fit. NOPE! Current PGL will be going away and replaced by another, hoped you liked collecting those medal though you may want to take a screenshot of them now.

Either have a PGL that will remain around or don't put any features which requires some player dedication on it. You've now twice wasted player's time.

With all that said I do think Medals are something that should be in the main game. Maybe you can have the PGL have its own exclusive Medals but keep them on the site and not part of the in-game medal collection which all should be something the players can do in their game without needing server support (which will go offline a few years down the road).

Something I hate about Gen 6 is how its psuedo legendary (Goodra) doesn't have a secondary typing like its brethren. For battling, this sucks since it can't make use of the resistances nor the offensive utility that the secondary typing could provides. Its general aesthetics also scream for it to have a water or poison secondary typing.

Reactions: JES
Something I hate about Gen 6 is how its psuedo legendary (Goodra) doesn't have a secondary typing like its brethren. For battling, this sucks since it can't make use of the resistances nor the offensive utility that the secondary typing could provides. Its general aesthetics also scream for it to have a water or poison secondary typing.
I actually Like the pure dragon set of resistances, I mean having Draco Meteor as your only stab isn't a bad deal either, water could have worked with sap sipper but losing the electric resistance would irk me to no end.

I actually Like the pure dragon set of resistances, I mean having Draco Meteor as your only stab isn't a bad deal either, water could have worked with sap sipper but losing the electric resistance would irk me to no end.
Pure Dragon's resistances are good, but for goodra in particular, I feel that it would have really loved to have resistances to more physically focused types like Fighting and what not to patch up its defense, which is very mediocre (at least compared to other pseudo legendaries). Also, while Draco Meteor is workable as its only Stab move, having access to a more reliable secondary STAB move would make it much more threatening as an attacker.

However, now that I look at Goodra more closely, I feel my main issues with it stem from its stat distribution rather than its typing. Most other pseudo legendaries are ridiculously powerful, with great overall bulk on both sides, allowing them to take multiple hits and dish out a ton of damage. When compared to other pseudo legendaries, Goodra's Bulk is very lopsided and its attacks hit only moderately hard as opposed to ridiculously hard, making it feel underwhelming in comparison.

Pure Dragon's resistances are good, but for goodra in particular, I feel that it would have really loved to have resistances to more physically focused types like Fighting and what not to patch up its defense, which is very mediocre (at least compared to other pseudo legendaries). Also, while Draco Meteor is workable as its only Stab move, having access to a more reliable secondary STAB move would make it much more threatening as an attacker.

However, now that I look at Goodra more closely, I feel my main issues with it stem from its stat distribution rather than its typing. Most other pseudo legendaries are ridiculously powerful, with great overall bulk on both sides, allowing them to take multiple hits and dish out a ton of damage. When compared to other pseudo legendaries, Goodra's Bulk is very lopsided and its attacks hit only moderately hard as opposed to ridiculously hard, making it feel underwhelming in comparison.
Well when I do plan to use Goodra I consider it's speed tier and natural bulk, choice specs Goodra is a monster vs volt turn teams thanks to his base speed, even with a timid nature a freaking dmeteor 2hkos a lot of stuff, the ability to being immune to grass is also a good thing most pivots would kill for.

ok im sure im late to this but....why the hell can you not use your battle box pokemon for impromptu PSS wifi battles

heh nvm i was wrong

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
No, in the beginning of ORAS there is a cutscene where the player is in the back of a truck with this orange gameboy-looking thing, playing what looks to be a Gen III Pokemon game
I think that may be the PokeNav. Once you input your name and gender, the screen shifts over to the map of Hoenn, complete with the buttons on the touch screen for the stylus.

This is an incredibly minor thing but it bugs me nonetheless.

I dislike how Victreebel has one l while Weepinbell has 2, why couldn't they just use the same amount of l's for both Weepinbell and Victreebel?

Two things that really annoy me are the moves dragon ascent and oblivion wing. I feel as though they should be a different type than they are. Dragon ascent literally has the word dragon in it... In actuality, it being flying type is probably better, but the name will forever bug me. Oblivion wing a little less so, seeing as it has wing in the name it would make sense for it to be a flying type move, but actually nope, cause the move has very little to do with flying (other than that it's used by a flying/dark type). Oblivion wing drains the opponents life force, which would be something associated with the dark type, not flying. I think a duel typing on the move could have worked, but it just dosent make a lot of sense to me with its current typing.

The hideouts haven't been used for what could've been really great ways to make the fodder characters a bit more interesting. They could've added diaries of grunts, "how to be an *insert organization* grunt*, stuff like that. Instead, every time I talked to a bookshelf, I left wondering why I even bothered. And the amount of times I saw an open book and a chair, yet being unable to read the book...

I'm not expecting skyrim type of books to be in the game or anything, but I remember reading Mew coming from some type of jungle in Leaf Green, and a lot of other things. I love that type of stuff. What happened?

Also, what's up with trash cans not having anything in them anymore?

Shipping as a whole in pokemon ticks my gears.

With the advent of go and Nostalgia pandering being the name of the game all the Misty fans are in full force, and it's honestly annoying.

Seriously even Melody or that latias being movie exclusives had more going for Ash than Misty in the Japanese version.

Everything about Misty was added by the dub, except like 3 scenes in all of Misty run, including the movies.

4kids is to blame for this when there was nothing in the original and people take this religiously, then link certain poketubers videos about this shipping, and you know? Those videos have the comment section locked because apparently they can't handle the fact that 4kids creates this ship and it has absolutely no relevance to the japanese writers of that time and this age in the slightest.

Shipping is obnoxious, but shipping over something that doesn't exist and being vocal about it is worse...

On all my screening of the Pokémon Anime there where pretty much 2 movie ships that amounted to nothing including latias, Anabel, Angie, Bayleef the only confirmed one despite its weirdness and then we had Serena...

I can expect shipping to get worse soon as we exit XYZ, in the past with every Anime gen starting the new region all the vocal fans start to rumble about the return of a character, especially Misty due to nostalgia googles, but with go and nostalgia pandering this could get nasty and it is showing.

Last edited:
Two things that really annoy me are the moves dragon ascent and oblivion wing. I feel as though they should be a different type than they are. Dragon ascent literally has the word dragon in it... In actuality, it being flying type is probably better, but the name will forever bug me. Oblivion wing a little less so, seeing as it has wing in the name it would make sense for it to be a flying type move, but actually nope, cause the move has very little to do with flying (other than that it's used by a flying/dark type). Oblivion wing drains the opponents life force, which would be something associated with the dark type, not flying. I think a duel typing on the move could have worked, but it just dosent make a lot of sense to me with its current typing.
Dragon Ascent also has the word ascent in its name.

Shipping as a whole in pokemon ticks my gears.

With the advent of go and Nostalgia pandering being the name of the game all the Misty fans are in full force, and it's honestly annoying.

Seriously even Melody or that latias being movie exclusives had more going for Ash than Misty in the Japanese version.

Everything about Misty was added by the dub, except like 3 scenes in all of Misty run, including the movies.

4kids is to blame for this when there was nothing in the original and people take this religiously, then link certain poketubers videos about this shipping, and you know? Those videos have the comment section locked because apparently they can't handle the fact that 4kids creates this ship and it has absolutely no relevance to the japanese writers of that time and this age in the slightest.

Shipping is obnoxious, but shipping over something that doesn't exist and being vocal about it is worse...

On all my screening of the Pokémon Anime there where pretty much 2 movie ships that amounted to nothing including latias, Anabel, Angie, Bayleef the only confirmed one despite its weirdness and then we had Serena...

I can expect shipping to get worse soon as we exit XYZ, in the past with every Anime gen starting the new region all the vocal fans start to rumble about the return of a character, especially Misty due to nostalgia googles, but with go and nostalgia pandering this could get nasty and it is showing.
You could just, like... ignore it

Hard when it is very vocal and spammed left and right on nearly all sites I visit.

And nope I'm not into Tumblr I have dignity. God save us from that hell hole.
O... kay, I don't really know what Tumblr has to do with anything... in any case, this doesn't change the fact you can just ignore it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 10)