CAP 22 CAP 22 - Part 5 - Stat Spread Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone and welcome to CAP22's stat stage!

Please note that Stat Limits as a full thread is now being condensed. This time, the TL and Stats Leader will be responsible for coming to a consensus on Stat Limits outside of a forum thread, and will post there decisions at the start of this thread.

Please note that the Stat Limits and the associated formulas have been updated for the CAP Metagame. Past versions of the Stat Limits spreadsheets will no longer be applicable for or discussion due to the shift of our metagame, so please make sure you use the updated version found in the above link.

Shortly after the discussion is over, cbrevan and Snobalt will reach a conclusion, and it will be part of Snobalt's opening post to this thread. The thread will be locked until the opening post is made, at which time the thread will function as past Stat Spread Submission threads have.

These limits will help to define what we consider when making and talking about stat spreads for CAP 22. We will look at limits to CAP 22's physical and special attacking prowess, its physical and special tanking capabilities, and the overall power of its stats.

This is a relatively tricky aspect of the process if you're not familiar with what it is we're doing and why we're doing it. For that reason, I strongly encourage those who intend to participate to read the entire OP thoroughly and ask questions where needed.

Be forewarned that there is no poll for this stage of the CAP. The Stats Leader will decide the stat limits for the CAP upon the conclusion of the live discussion.

Stat Bias Limits

Stat bias limits set the general stat bias of a Pokemon from an offensive and defensive standpoint. Stat biases are not solely for limiting stats, but they also describe the overall build of the Pokemon in offensive and defensive terms. However, the stat spread is the only part of the project that will be constrained by Stat Bias Limits. There will be four stat biases selected and a total Base Stat Rating (BSR) limit. The Stat Biases are:

Physical Tankiness (PT)
The rating of the Pokémon's physical defense.
Physical Sweepiness (PS)
The rating of the Pokémon's physical offense.
Special Tankiness (ST)
The rating of the Pokémon's special defense.
Special Sweepiness (SS)
The rating of the Pokémon's special offense

If you don't have a spreadsheet program, OpenOffice is free.

If you're a newer member of CAP, we highly recommend that you do some good lurking during this stage in the process. Read this page thoroughly to understand what exactly we're doing here. If you're still confused, check out some of the old Stat Limits Discussion threads for past CAPs in the CAP Process Archive. If you're still uncomfortable with posting here, then I suggest you watch how experienced users post; you can learn a lot from them!

--- --- ---

We're getting into the heart of CAP22 and will be dealing with extremely nitty-gritty numbers as we now step into Stat Spread Submissions. Get out your spreadsheets and your calculators, kids! When this thread ends, Stats Leader Snobalt will make a list of accepted submissions for voting based on intelligent community input.

BSR ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL NOT BE SLATED!

BSR abuse is doing things like 150 HP and 70 Def/SpD to create a theoretical optimum with the limits that you have. The purpose of the stat rating limits is to restrict what submitters can do, not to give them a license to game the system. If you cannot justify your stats legitimately and have not proven that you aren't just making the best stats within the limits, you will not get slated.

To use the spreadsheet provided above, you will need Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher, OpenOffice.org Calc 3 or higher, or a similar spreadsheet program that can handle .xlsx files. Alternatively, you can upload the spreadsheet onto Google docs. You must have the stat rating values listed correctly in your submission or it will be ignored for the slate. If you want to dig a little deeper into how these numbers are calculated, read the contents of this link

When you are satisfied with your stat submission, mark it as finished by writing "Final Submission" (bolded) at the top of your post. Submissions that lack a bolded "Final Submission" at the top of the post when this thread closes will not be slated.

--- --- ---

CAP22 so far:

Leadership Team:

cbrevan - Topic Leader
Elite Lord Sigma - Typing Leader
snake_rattler - Abilities Leader
Snobalt - Stats Leader
Deck Knight - Movepool Leader

Typing: Fairy / Fighting
Abilities: Natural Cure / ???

Concept:
Name: Last Act of Defiance

General Description: A Pokemon that is defined by its use of the move Parting Shot.

Justification: Parting Shot is another move that's pretty amazing on paper, but its true usage has yet to be fully explored because it's only available to Pangoro. Pangoro is not the most viable Pokemon OU and is nearly unusable in CAP due to its 4x weakness to Fairy. Moreover, when I've used it in RU (prior it to being banned) and UU, I found myself clicking an attacking move more often than not. With the optimal Parting Shot user in the CAP metagame, we may be able to tap into this move's potential and figure out how it is best utilized. Maybe Last Act of Defiance will be a fast Pokemon that aims to keep up offensive momentum. Maybe it'll use the move like it would use Memento to help a teammate use a boosting move. Maybe it'll be a slow, bulky pivot intended to discourage switching. Maybe it'll do something completely different.

This falls under both actualization and archetype in terms of being a concept. In terms of actualization, it will teach us how to use Parting Shot "properly." Clearly, no other Pokemon, not even Pangoro, comes close to it. Well, users of U-turn, Volt Switch, and Memento come somewhat close, but even then, we'll be able to see what makes Parting Shot different from (and possibly better than) them. In terms of archetype, Last Act of Defiance will give not just the CAP metagame, but also the whole game of Pokemon, a utility Pokemon that we've never seen before, as Parting Shot was not (and still isn't) one of Pangoro's most important assets. Because Parting Shot has so many potential uses, a utility Pokemon such as this can be the ultimate team player for offensive and defensive archetypes alike.

Questions To Be Answered:
- Whether it's pivoting, offensive momentum, Memento-esque support, or something else, what is the "ideal" way to use Parting Shot? Why?
- Considering Pangoro rarely finds the time to use the move, how much should a Pokemon be willing to sacrifice another offensive option for Parting Shot?
- What makes Parting Shot different or similar from Volt Switch, U-turn, and Memento?
- Pangoro is definitely not the ideal Parting Shot user, so what does the ideal user look like?
- What strategies, whether they be certain Pokemon, playstyles, or other factors, will rise to prominence to combat a Parting Shot user?

Last edited by a moderator:

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone. Just a heads up for anyone who already downloaded the updated BSR calculator:

When updating the spreadsheet, I had forgotten to change a certain value in some of the formulae, causing them to be in error. I have now corrected this error and updated the link in the OP. Please make sure you use this current version of the calculator for any stat ratings you post in the thread. And thank you to the people who pointed out this mistake.

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys! I'm Snobalt and I will be leading stats. Thank you very much to everyone who showed up last night, and thanks cbrevan for the help as well. (If you didn't make it, a log can be found in this pastebin: http://pastebin.com/aqcG5n0K)

Also a shoutout to the CAP mods for making this part of stat limits go much faster than it normally does. After a lot of thorough discussion, the community, cbrevan, and I came up with the following limits:

PT: 150
ST: 135
PS: 180
SS: 220
Total BSR: 340

PT was somewhat of an arbitrary number, but it's enough to be able to switch in once on the likes of AV Colossoil and non-Choice Scarf Garchomp. ST is just enough to counter defensive Tomohawk with Stealth Rock up. We prioritized PT over ST because a large portion of the threats we want to beat are physical attackers.

In a similar vein, we settled on a mixed attacker with a special bias, as most of the fatmons we want to beat are physically defensive, with Chansey and AV Colossoil being significant exceptions. The given PS is more than enough to take on while accommodating the Speed stats you guys might want. SS is enough for Hippowdon, which was outed as a very big threat to CAP 22 from the beginning of the discussion.

cbrevan and I wanted to be a little more liberal with the individual limits and conservative with total BSR. This way, the submitters can prioritize one or two areas for CAP 22 to excel without creating a spread that will allow it to take on absolutely everything it needs to.

Now that we're onto the actual submissions. Two things to remember, though if you've done a stat spread submission before, you probably know already.
  1. Calcs. You must have them. Be sure to provide relevant calculations to justify the bulk and attack power your spread has. If you use a calc with a coverage move on CAP 22, you must back that up as well.
  2. I want some variety. That's why the individual limits are somewhat lax; think very carefully about which of the areas you want to prioritize the most, and why. Realistically, CAP 22 will have to make sacrifices somewhere.

Final Submission
89 HP / 92 Atk / 70 Def / 126 SpA / 71 SpD / 112 Spe
BST: 560

From my perspective, CAP 22 as a Parting Shot user can be best described as a pivot with enough power to threaten passive Pokemon that do not care about Parting Shot, or can phaze out the Pokemon that is brought in as a result of Parting Shot. This screams a fast but frail offensive threat that plays to the strengths of its typing, but does not have any business trying to break through Pokemon that resist its Dual STABs, even passive Pokemon. A CAP with this stat spread submission is also not switching on many attacks, even Knock Offs; while this seems problematic, our CAP can easily get free switches in similar ways that similar Pokemon, such as Syclant, get free switches, so this is not necessarily as problematic as it seems. The following stat spread reflects that, rather than trying to create a Pokemon that can break through everything and has Parting Shot as a bonus.

PT: 109.692
(89 HP / 70 Def)

On our threatlist on what is supposed to threaten CAP 22 is priority users. Given that almost all priority attacks are physically based (sans Stratagem's Vacuum Wave), it was only natural that our CAP should be lacking in physical bulk. However, I intentionally put the HP stat at base 89, which allows this CAP to be 319 without investment, which minimizes the amount of passive damage CAP 22 takes from Life Orb recoil, burn/poison damage, and entry hazards, given that our CAP's HP stat is one point short of being divisible by 32. 89 / 70 physical bulk ensures that Offensive Mega Scizor will always OHKO with Bullet Punch, and that Choice Band Azumarill's Aqua Jet will always 2HKO. Before you dismiss this as our CAP being too frail, our CAP's 89 / 70 / 71 bulk is better than most fast, mixed attackers like Greninja (72/67/71), Syclant (70/70/64), Lucario (70/70/70), and Infernape (76/71/71) with similar offensive builds. Our CAP is still relatively fragile, but its bulk is noticeably greater than similar Pokemon with high mixed offenses while still being vulnerable to priority, which we want our CAP to be vulnerable to.
The referenced calcs are as follows:

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 320-380 (100.3 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 160-189 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Additional calcs:
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 230-270 (72.1 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after 1 layer of Spikes
0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 266-314 (83.3 - 98.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 237-280 (74.2 - 87.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

7/27 EDIT: Snobalt asked me to add these first two calcs + calcs of the same vein. Keep in mind I want this CAP to be frail and being 2HKOd by the mons we check is a consequence of this
0 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 181-214 (56.7 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Slowbro Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 234-276 (73.3 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 229-271 (71.7 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 160-189 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

ST: 113.251
(89 HP / 71 SpD)

With a Naive nature, defensive Tomohawk cannot OHKO this CAP with Air Slash. I heard this benchmark referenced during the PS BSR discussion, and while defensive Tomohawk is not likely going to get the opportunity to hit our CAP with Air Slash to begin with, I still feel like this is a good minimum benchmark for our CAP to hit, especially since my proposed BST spread already has very potent offensive capabilities, and not being OHKOd by this attack does not require much bulk.

4 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 4- SpD Lucario: 270-318 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Additional calcs:
4 SpA Cyclohm Discharge vs. 0 HP / 4- SpD Lucario: 139-165 (43.5 - 51.7%) -- 9% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4- SpD Lucario: 181-214 (56.7 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Stratagem Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4- SpD Lucario: 216-255 (67.7 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 160-189 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

PS: 148.11
(92 Atk / 112 Spe)

Allows this CAP to 2HKO Klefki while still doing enough damage to Chansey and Assault Vest Colossoil. While Klefki is not a Pokemon that is on our threatlist, as a benchmark, it ensures that Klefki will not try to set up Spikes on us.

0 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Klefki: 169-200 (53.1 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Base 92 attack also guarantees the OHKO on Assault Vest Colossoil after a layer of Spikes, which is a good thing, since Colossoil is a mon we want to threaten, and not being able to OHKO it would result in being hammered back due to CAP 22's low proposed defenses.

0 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 369-437 (90.6 - 107.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

The speed is for Thundurus; theoretically, our CAP could be a lot faster to emphasize Fast Parting Shot at the cost of some attack, but I am not in the position do do such because (see below)

SS: 211.731
(126 SpA / 112 Spe)

This spread ensures that CAP 22 can 2HKO mixed defensive Hippowdon (252 HP / 112 SpD Impish) with fully invested, neutral nature Moonblast (for reference, mixed defensive Hippowdon is the most common competitively, as it allows Hippo to check Electrics that are not Krilowatt or Cyclohm). I chose this benchmark specifically because Hippowdon is a known phazer, which can be disruptive for Parting Shot shenanigans.

252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 224-265 (53.3 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It should be stated that with this high of a special attack stat and speed stat, we outspeed Mega Metagross and 2HKO it with Aura Sphere. However, this is not necessarily an entirely bad thing, as it discourages it from switching in directly, and it still does over 75% with Bullet Punch anyways, meaning we do not automatically beat it by being able to 2HKO it.

252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 153-183 (50.8 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 248-294 (77.7 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Snobalt gave me his overview of my spread via PM, and he asked me to justify my stat spread's speed ranking a bit more, specifically being outsped by Cawmodore and Torn-T.
*I do not think outspeeding Cawmodore is necessary. Cawmodore has no business staying in on CAP 22 unless our CAP is below 71.4%, in which our CAP would just switch out to begin with. Cawmodore is only coming in if it gets a safe switch-in, which is not that easy to guarantee against my proposed stat spread unless Caw comes in after one of its teammates has been KOd. Our CAP already outspeeds most of the unboosted metagame, and the only Pokemon it really loses out on outspeeding that it could theoretically check are Weavile and Mega Lopunny, one of which has common checks on VoltTurn, the other being relatively easy to wear down.
*Torn-T is another mon we want to check us, and offensive sets are OHKOd after Stealth Rock to begin with. Assault Vest variants are 2HKOd by Moonblast after Stealth Rock, and Torn-T is not going to be able to check our CAP if it is outsped and 2HKOd (even without Stealth Rock the 2HKO chance is just high enough for Torn-T to reconsider switching in if our CAP outspeeds it).

BSR: 318.28233

EDIT:
The set I used in reference looks like this:
CAP 22 @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere
- Parting Shot
- Close Combat

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission:

84 HP / 85 Atk / 91 Def / 120 SpA / 65 SpD / 125 Spe (570 BST)

135.939 PT
100.266 ST
140.561 PS
208.247 SS

BSR 319.724

Update Log:
7/24/2016: Added HP Ground Calcs after someone brought it up, for perspective.
7/24/2016: Finalized a few more attack calcs.
7/23/2016: Presentation Edits
7/22/2016: Original Post

Very fast, only outrun by a few megas, Stratagem, and Talonflame.
Survives 4 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash
OHKOs 252 HP Tomohawk with LO Moonblast.
Always 2HKOs Chansey with LO Close Combat
Much, Much more to come.

Stats and Justification:
Speed:
It goes without saying that a Fast Parting Shot concept demands a fast Pokemon. In order to balance out raw damage capability with speed, I opted to be outsped by Talonflame which is supposed to be a counter, and otherwise tie or beat the rest of the unboosted tier, including Tornadus-T and Mega Pidgeot which otherwise give us problems as a pivot. Neither of those two want to eat strong neutral special attacks, so best they not be able to switch in unless they're healthy enough to revenge. The number of mons that would like to take a -1 Hurricane from those two is also pretty big, which is a major selling point of this spread.
Offenses:
This CAP has very strong SpA and Speed, enough to greatly pressure passive Pokemon just with its STABs. It has enough Attack to cleanly 2HKO Chansey with STAB LO Close Combat, and Chansey is already reluctant to come in because CAP can heal off status with Natural Cure.

85 Attack allows it to run a mixed set variant that relies on its great Fighting STAB to punish Passive Pokemon, many of which are weak to Fighting and don't appreciate either getting nuked by Close Combat or having their residual damage erased by Drain Punch.
HP & Defenses:
84 Base HP Naturally places CAP's HP at 309, a perfect Life Orb number. If we're running a different item is also lets CAP switch into 4 Seismic Tosses. Overall, the balance here is being checked by priority without being wrecked by passivemon Earthquakes or other decently powerful attacks. Special Defense is set to avoid a KO from 4SpA Tomohawk Air Slash. Our typing precludes us from doing anything about offensive Tomohawk other than outspeeding and OHKO/2HKOing it. Physical defense is higher to facilitate a Hasty nature on the Mix set and to have better surivavability on the Special Attacker.

Overall Strength:
With Speed set to outrun Tornadus-T, enough bulk to just survive 4SpA Tomohawk Air Slash and 0SpA Mega Slowbro Psyshock, what distinguishes this spread is that it achieves a lot of offensive pressure by being able to choose mixed attacking to throw off specially defensive passive Pokemon like Chansey and directly threaten AV Colossoil with a OHKO, or focusing exclusively on launching strong special attacks and being able to customize defensive and speed needs based on threats to the rest of your team.

Although the CAP Metagame has a lot of strong threats that necessitate a Pokemon that has a lot of versatility outside Parting Shot, I think it is important our CAP have a few shortcomings so that it encounters scenarios where Parting Shot is the best option / prediction available.

Sets and Calculations:
I envision two primary sets for CAP 22, one Mixed Attacker and one Special Attacker.

MixCAP:
CAP 22 @ Life Orb
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Drain Punch / Close Combat
- Parting Shot
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast / Coverage

Drain Punch:
180 Atk Life Orb Pangoro Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 296-351 (46.1 - 54.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180 Atk Life Orb Pangoro Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 265-315 (65.1 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180 Atk Pangoro Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 204-242 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180 Atk Life Orb Pangoro Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Crucibelle: 142-169 (40.1 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
180 Atk Life Orb Pangoro Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 151-179 (42.8 - 50.8%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Close Combat:
180 Atk Life Orb Pangoro Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 476-562 (74.1 - 87.5%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
180 Atk Life Orb Pangoro Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 421-499 (103.4 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
180 Atk Pangoro Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 324-384 (79.6 - 94.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
180 Atk Life Orb Pangoro Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Crucibelle: 227-269 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
180 Atk Life Orb Pangoro Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 242-283 (68.7 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
180 Atk Life Orb Pangoro Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cawmodore: 142-169 (58.6 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Moonblast:
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 382-452 (91.6 - 108.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tomohawk: 400-476 (96.6 - 114.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 237-281 (58.2 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 188-224 (44.7 - 53.3%) -- 31.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 157-187 (51.8 - 61.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 237-281 (77.9 - 92.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Mega Slowbro: 148-175 (37.5 - 44.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 121-144 (37.4 - 44.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(Itemless) 76 SpA Pangoro Moonblast vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 93-111 (28.7 - 34.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Focus Blast:
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 265-313 (109.5 - 129.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Crucibelle: 173-204 (48.8 - 57.6%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 320-377 (90.9 - 107.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 238-281 (56.6 - 66.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mollux: 100-118 (30.2 - 35.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 107-126 (40.8 - 48%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 107-126 (33 - 38.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 199-234 (65.6 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 188-224 (56.2 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Coverage (Hypothetical):
Hidden Power (Ground):

76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Crucibelle: 234-276 (66.1 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mollux: 270-322 (81.5 - 97.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 291-343 (111 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 291-343 (89.8 - 105.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Volkraken: 143-169 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Flamethrower:
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 265-315 (109.5 - 130.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 322-380 (91.4 - 107.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 211-250 (61.8 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 195-231 (64.7 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 348-411 (101.4 - 119.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 190-226 (56.8 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Grass Knot:
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 198-234 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(Itemless) 76 SpA Pangoro Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 152-180 (37.3 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 317-374 (75.4 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Mega Slowbro: 208-247 (52.7 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ice Beam:
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 133-157 (54.9 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 239-283 (56.9 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
76 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Ice Beam vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 153-182 (47.3 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(Itemless) 76 SpA Pangoro Ice Beam vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 118-140 (36.5 - 43.3%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Defensive Calculations:
252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 414-488 (133.9 - 157.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 258-306 (83.4 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 174-206 (56.3 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 260-308 (84.1 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 422-498 (136.5 - 161.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Slowbro Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 260-308 (84.1 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Cawmodore Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 126-150 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 222-264 (71.8 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 230-272 (74.4 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 264-312 (85.4 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Mega Crucibelle Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 486-572 (157.2 - 185.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Crucibelle Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 152-179 (49.1 - 57.9%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Mollux Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 444-524 (143.6 - 169.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mollux Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 256-303 (82.8 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Plasmanta Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 348-410 (112.6 - 132.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Plasmanta Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 274-324 (88.6 - 104.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 288-340 (93.2 - 110%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO (KOs after LO Recoil, Analytic OHKOs)
252+ SpA Volkraken Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 280-330 (90.6 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO (KOs after LO Recoil, Analytic OHKOs)

252+ Atk Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 207-244 (66.9 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 162-192 (52.4 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 144-169 (46.6 - 54.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Pangoro: 372-438 (120.3 - 141.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

SpAttack CAP:
CAP 22 @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere / Focus Blast
- Parting Shot
- Coverage

Moonblast (Life Orb):
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 208-246 (52.7 - 62.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 268-320 (65.8 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(Itemless) 252 SpA Pangoro Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 206-246 (50.6 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 439-517 (105.2 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 218-257 (51.9 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 181-214 (59.7 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 273-322 (89.8 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Mega Slowbro: 169-200 (42.8 - 50.7%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 140-165 (43.3 - 51%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tomohawk: 463-546 (111.8 - 131.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Moonblast (Choice Specs:)
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 238-282 (60.4 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 308-366 (75.6 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 314-372 (103.2 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Mega Slowbro: 195-231 (49.4 - 58.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Moonblast vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 160-190 (49.5 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO (Guaranteed 2HKO with SR)

Aura Sphere (Life Orb):
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 204-242 (84.2 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 166-198 (25.8 - 30.8%) -- 13.1% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 226-268 (55.5 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
(Itemless) 252 SpA Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 174-206 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- 43.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 244-291 (69.3 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 183-216 (43.5 - 51.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 153-181 (50.4 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 133-157 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- 16.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 144-172 (43.1 - 51.4%) -- 58.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Aura Sphere (Specs):
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 235-277 (97.1 - 114.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 260-308 (63.8 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 284-336 (80.6 - 95.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 153-181 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 168-198 (50.2 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Focus Blast (Life Orb):
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 305-360 (126 - 148.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 244-291 (38 - 45.3%) -- 12.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 369-437 (104.8 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 274-324 (65.2 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mollux: 116-136 (35 - 41%) -- 59.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 122-144 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 122-144 (37.6 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 227-269 (74.9 - 88.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 199-235 (58 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 218-257 (65.2 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Focus Blast (Choice Specs):
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 284-336 (44.2 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 390-462 (95.8 - 113.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 422-500 (119.8 - 142%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 262-309 (86.4 - 101.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 229-271 (66.7 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 250-295 (74.8 - 88.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Coverage (Hypothetical):
Hidden Power (Ground) (Life Orb):

252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Crucibelle: 265-317 (74.8 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mollux: 312-369 (94.2 - 111.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 328-390 (125.1 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 328-390 (101.2 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Volkraken: 161-192 (47 - 56.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Hidden Power (Ground) (Choice Specs):
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Crucibelle: 308-364 (87 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mollux: 356-420 (107.5 - 126.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 380-448 (145 - 170.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 380-448 (117.2 - 138.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Pangoro Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Volkraken: 186-220 (54.3 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Flamethrower:
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 307-361 (126.8 - 149.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 369-437 (104.8 - 124.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 242-286 (70.9 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 224-265 (74.4 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 400-473 (116.6 - 137.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 218-257 (65.2 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Grass Knot:
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 226-268 (55.5 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(Itemless) 252 SpA Pangoro Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 174-206 (42.7 - 50.6%) -- 41.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 367-432 (87.3 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 184+ SpD Mega Slowbro: 239-283 (60.6 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ice Beam:
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 153-181 (63.2 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 172-203 (42.2 - 49.8%) -- 28.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 276-325 (65.7 - 77.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Pangoro Ice Beam vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 177-211 (54.7 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Defensive Calculations:
252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 372-438 (120.3 - 141.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 260-308 (84.1 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 422-498 (136.5 - 161.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Slowbro Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 234-276 (75.7 - 89.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Cawmodore Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 114-134 (36.8 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 200-236 (64.7 - 76.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 204-242 (66 - 78.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 236-278 (76.3 - 89.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Mega Crucibelle Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 434-512 (140.4 - 165.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Crucibelle Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 135-160 (43.6 - 51.7%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Mollux Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 444-524 (143.6 - 169.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mollux Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 256-303 (82.8 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Plasmanta Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 348-410 (112.6 - 132.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Plasmanta Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 274-324 (88.6 - 104.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 288-340 (93.2 - 110%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO (KOs after LO Recoil, Analytic OHKOs)
252+ SpA Volkraken Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 280-330 (90.6 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO (KOs after LO Recoil, Analytic OHKOs)

0 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 145-172 (46.9 - 55.6%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 127-151 (41.1 - 48.8%) -- 11.7% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pangoro: 330-390 (106.7 - 126.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Conclusion:
This CAP22 Spread shoots for a balance between the raw power necessary to threaten out passive Pokemon (and anything frailer) and force a lot of switches with the bulk necessary to survive relevant attacks from those Pokemon. It can survive Skarmory Brave Bird and Mega Slowbro Psyshock from full health and easily 2HKO those Pokemon with its offensive options. Its Mixed set can OHKO both Tomohawk and AV Colossoil, while its dedicated Special Attacker set has more item and EV choices; for example if you only need CAP22 to outspeed certain threats you can cut Speed for defensive EVs, run Modest with a type-Berry to patch up a specific type weakness, etc.

CAP 22 also has weaknesses, in that while it has the bulk necessary to do its job, it doesn't have a buffer without investing EVs elsewhere, and can't survive the strongest of the passive Pokemon attacks if hazards are up on your side of the field. CAP is strong, but without Stealth Rock on the field its Poison and Fire-Type checks survive even its LO boosted Hidden Power and threaten it back with OHKOs. In other words it needs to be played intelligently, will attract its counters properly because it cannot threaten them without additional support, and it be able to threaten and/or use Parting Shot to weaken many of the most popular pivots in the CAP Metagame.

Last edited:
Final Submission

89 HP / 104 Atk / 72 Def / 108 SpA / 71 SpD / 136 Spe (580 BST)

PT: 112.678 (Above Average)
ST: 113.2514 (Above Average)
PS: 177.3556 (Excellent)
SS: 187.825 (Excellent)
BSR: 323.66946 (Very Good)

EDIT 1: I bumped the base HP down to 89. This would not affect CAP 22's ability to survive the situations outlined below. The main reason I did this is to allow flexibility between Life Orb and Leftovers sets. Base 89 HP with no EV investment results in 319 HP, a Life Orb number, while 4 EVs results in 320 HP, a Leftovers number. I have also lowered the base Special Attack to 108. This change is due to the observation that sets above base 126 Speed like mine could run an Atk or SpA boosting nature while outrunning most of what we wish to check, so I am now accounting for that.

SS: Base 136 Speed allows CAP 22 to outrun Mega Lopunny, which is the fastest Fighting-type in the tier and thus something we want to beat. If CAP 22 does not outrun Mega Lopunny, Fake Out + Return will always take down CAP 22. According to my calculations, CAP 22 would need a PT above the maximum limit in order to guarantee survival against that combination, so that's not an option. Base 108 Special Attack allows OHKOs against most of the targets weak to the CAP's STAB, but certain Pokémon (e.g. Utility Mega Sableye) can potentially survive if the CAP does not run Life Orb and a boosting nature. For example:

252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 252-299 (82.8 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Togekiss Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 281-330 (92.4 - 108.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

PS: Base 104 Attack with no EV investment is sufficient to allow Life Orb CAP 22 to guarantee a OHKO with Close Combat against standard AV Colossoil.

ST: As mentioned above, Base 89 HP is unique in that it can serve as both a Life Orb and a Leftovers number depending on minimal EV investment. This, in conjunction with base 71 SpD with a Naive nature and no EV investment allows CAP 22 to always survive Air Slash from defensive Tomohawk.

PT: Base 89 HP and base 72 Def with no EV investment is enough to allow CAP 22 to always survive Earthquake + Sucker Punch from AV Colossoil.

The main idea behind these stats is that they can be tailored if there are certain threats that your team needs to deal with more than others. Fast sweepers like Mega Lopunny and Mega Manectric giving you trouble? CAP 22 can outrun both with a boosting nature and maxed Speed EVs. Want to blast through Mega Sableye or other walls? A SpA boosting nature can help make that a reality. Have a seething hatred of Chansey? You could even max out Attack EVs and use an Attack-boosting nature to beat it down with Close Combat. The key is that CAP 22 can't do all of these things in one set, so a player will need to choose what threats to prioritize.

As for Tornadus-T (375 max Speed) and Cawmodore (368 max speed), base 136 Speed sits in a very narrow range in which a boosting nature will outrun both of them (408 max speed), but a neutral nature (371 max speed) will only outrun Cawmodore. So, if Tornadus-T is not something you're particularly worried about, you could run an Atk or SpA boosting nature instead.

Dark Types
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sableye: 315-374 (103.6 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 252-299 (82.8 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 281-330 (92.4 - 108.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 691-816 (254.9 - 301.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 408-484 (100.2 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Tyranitar: 484-577 (141.9 - 169.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 314-372 (111.7 - 132.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Dragon Types
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 366-432 (87.1 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 402-474 (95.7 - 112.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 476-562 (113.3 - 133.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Togekiss Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 344-408 (82.4 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 408-484 (97.8 - 116%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 447-530 (107.1 - 127%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 326-386 (80.4 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 390-460 (96.2 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 424-502 (104.6 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 390-460 (96.2 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 56 HP / 0- Def Kyurem-B: 410-486 (101.2 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 312-369 (97.8 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 283-335 (88.7 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 283-338 (88.7 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 359-424 (112.5 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 276-326 (86.5 - 102.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 302-356 (94.6 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 312-369 (85.9 - 101.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Latias: 367-432 (101.1 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Latias: 330-393 (90.9 - 108.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 276-328 (76 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 192-228 (52.8 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Mega Latias: 289-343 (79.6 - 94.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Mega Latias: 204-242 (56.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 68 Def Mega Latias: 162-192 (44.6 - 52.8%) -- 19.1% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 330-390 (110.3 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 254-300 (84.9 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 276-326 (92.3 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 240-284 (80.2 - 94.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 302-356 (101 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios: 312-369 (104.3 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 177-211 (54.7 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 354-421 (109.5 - 130.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Dragonite: 150-177 (46.4 - 54.7%) -- 59% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 300-354 (92.8 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 172-203 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 343-406 (106.1 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 144-171 (44.5 - 52.9%) -- 24.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 288-342 (89.1 - 105.8%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 132-156 (40.8 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 264-312 (81.7 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 105-124 (32.5 - 38.3%) -- 98.2% chance to 3HKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 210-248 (65 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fighting Types
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 200 HP / 88 SpD Arghonaut: 359-424 (89.5 - 105.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 200 HP / 88 SpD Arghonaut: 328-385 (81.7 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 200 HP / 88 SpD Arghonaut: 252-296 (62.8 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Arghonaut: 374-445 (93.2 - 110.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Arghonaut: 343-406 (85.5 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 200 HP / 0 Def Arghonaut: 210-248 (52.3 - 61.8%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arghonaut: 390-460 (94.2 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arghonaut: 354-421 (85.5 - 101.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arghonaut: 272-324 (65.7 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arghonaut: 374-445 (90.3 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arghonaut: 210-248 (50.7 - 59.9%) -- 85.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 414-488 (158.6 - 186.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 240-284 (91.9 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 326-386 (100.9 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 300-354 (92.8 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 354-421 (109.5 - 130.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 283-338 (87.6 - 104.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 302-356 (93.4 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Keldeo: 272-324 (84.2 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Lopunny: 284-336 (104.7 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Lopunny: 282-332 (104 - 122.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Medicham: 314-372 (120.3 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Medicham: 288-342 (110.3 - 131%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Medicham: 230-272 (88.1 - 104.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Revenankh: 204-240 (53.1 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Revenankh: 186-218 (48.4 - 56.7%) -- 35.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Revenankh: 393-463 (102.3 - 120.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Revenankh: 359-424 (93.4 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Revenankh: 218-260 (56.7 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tomohawk: 424-502 (102.4 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tomohawk: 360-426 (86.9 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tomohawk: 326-386 (78.7 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 281-330 (67.8 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Rock Types
0 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Stratagem: 380-450 (118.3 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Stratagem: 306-362 (95.3 - 112.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Crucibelle: 304-359 (85.8 - 101.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Crucibelle: 169-201 (47.7 - 56.7%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Crucibelle: 203-239 (57.3 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Crucibelle: 156-184 (44 - 51.9%) -- 13.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 200-238 (82.9 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 141-166 (58.5 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 253-298 (104.9 - 123.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 220-261 (91.2 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 200-238 (82.9 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Diancie: 124-147 (51.4 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Steel Types
252+ SpA CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 240-283 (99.1 - 116.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 219-258 (90.4 - 106.6%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Excadrill: 404-476 (95.2 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Excadrill: 421-499 (99.2 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Excadrill: 236-282 (55.6 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Excadrill: 218-258 (51.4 - 60.8%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 360-426 (99.7 - 118%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 326-386 (90.3 - 106.9%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 402-474 (111.3 - 131.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 343-406 (97.4 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 176-210 (50 - 59.6%) -- 80.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 322-382 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 291-346 (82.6 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 180-212 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 359-424 (93 - 109.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 254-300 (65.8 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 168-200 (43.5 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 416-491 (107.7 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 350-414 (90.6 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 320-378 (82.9 - 97.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 330-393 (85.4 - 101.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 254-302 (65.8 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 254-300 (90.3 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 296-350 (105.3 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 307-367 (109.2 - 130.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Passive Walls
252+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 634-749 (98.7 - 116.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 577-681 (89.8 - 106%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
0 Atk CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 356-420 (55.4 - 65.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 200-238 (47.6 - 56.6%) -- 32% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 220-261 (52.3 - 62.1%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 214-253 (50.9 - 60.2%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 195-231 (46.4 - 55%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 329-387 (98.5 - 115.8%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 153-181 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 5.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA CAP 22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 169-199 (50.5 - 59.5%) -- 83.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP 22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 203-239 (60.7 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
52+ Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 179-212 (53.5 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb CAP 22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 164-192 (49.1 - 57.4%) -- 58.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Priority Users
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 157-186 (49.2 - 58.3%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 470-554 (147.3 - 173.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 415-490 (130 - 153.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Cawmodore Acrobatics (55 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 186-222 (58.3 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Cawmodore Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 134-162 (42 - 50.7%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 314-372 (98.4 - 116.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 422-500 (132.2 - 156.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 242-288 (75.8 - 90.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 242-288 (75.8 - 90.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 450-530 (141 - 166.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 260-308 (81.5 - 96.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Poison Types
0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 224-266 (70.2 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 533-632 (167 - 198.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Mega Crucibelle Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 528-624 (165.5 - 195.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 306-360 (95.9 - 112.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mollux Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 414-488 (129.7 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Plasmanta Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 324-384 (101.5 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Fire Types
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22 in Sun: 415-490 (130 - 153.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Volcanion Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP 22: 318-376 (99.6 - 117.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Volcanion Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 286-338 (89.6 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP 22: 298-352 (93.4 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 270-318 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic CAP 22 Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 523-616 (163.9 - 193.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Dark Types
220+ Atk Bisharp Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 360-426 (112.8 - 133.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 225-265 (70.5 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Colossoil Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 45-53 (14.1 - 16.6%) -- possible 7HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 292-344 (91.5 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 100-118 (31.3 - 36.9%) -- 76.3% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 127-150 (39.8 - 47%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 180-212 (56.4 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 224-265 (70.2 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 107-126 (33.5 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Dragon Types
4 SpA Cyclohm Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP 22: 159-187 (49.8 - 58.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
4 SpA Cyclohm Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 142-168 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0- Def CAP 22: 143-169 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- 28.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 129-152 (40.4 - 47.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
64+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0- Def CAP 22: 125-148 (39.1 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 178-210 (55.7 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 214-253 (67 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP 22: 292-344 (91.5 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 263-309 (82.4 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
32 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 154-183 (48.2 - 57.3%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
32 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP 22: 172-204 (53.9 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
184 SpA Life Orb Latias Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 374-445 (117.2 - 139.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 334-394 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 276-325 (86.5 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Fighting Types
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 355-418 (111.2 - 131%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP 22: 288-339 (90.2 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 258-304 (80.8 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP 22: 264-312 (82.7 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 0- Def CAP 22: 252-297 (78.9 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP 22: 270-318 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Rock Types
252 Atk Mega Crucibelle Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP 22: 528-624 (165.5 - 195.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
224 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 474-558 (148.5 - 174.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Stratagem Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP 22: 160-188 (50.1 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
CANCELLED:

This is my first time that I help to create a CAP, nonetheless I've done my best.

75 HP / 105 Atk / 80 Def / 128 SpA / 80 SpD / 112 Spe (580 BST)

Stat Explanation:

I started with 112 Spe because I think is necessary to outspeed Thundurus if he tries an offense, but not Serperior and faster pokémons, because it could be broken outspeed threat like Tornadus-T or Alakazam.
Then I raised Atk and Spa as much a I can, to obtain the highest PS and SS.
I'm not concentrated much on PT and ST because it needs to be weak on priority moves and special attacker.

PT: 111.7795 (75 HP / 80 Def)

These stats allow CAP22 to be checked by priority users:

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pangoro: 288-342 (98.9 - 117.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 144-171 (49.4 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pangoro: 222-264 (76.2 - 90.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pangoro: 240-284 (82.4 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (specially defensive)

If you think that it's too frail:

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def CAP22: 246-290 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ST: 113.8523 (75 HP / 80 SpD)

Even with Naive nature defensive Tomohawk can't kill CAP22:

4 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 246-290 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also dies from every STAB Poison and Fire move (except Amoonguss, offensive Heatran and Volcanion):

0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP22: 204-242 (70.1 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP22: 196-232 (67.3 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Volcanion Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD CAP22: 237-280 (81.4 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

PS: 170.7425 (105 Atk / 112 Spe)

Guarantees 2HKO on Chansey and Ferrothorn:

252 Atk CAP22 Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 446-528 (69.4 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk CAP22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 228-270 (64.7 - 76.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

SS: 215.491 (128 SpA / 112 Spe)

Guarantees OHKO or 2HKO all the target we need to threat (except Hippowdon w/out Life Orb):

252 SpA CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 175-207 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 227-269 (54 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

BSR: 337.10041

Sets used:

Physical attacker:
CAP 22 @ Life Orb / Nothing
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Parting Shot
- Filler

Special attacker:
CAP 22 @ Life Orb / Nothing
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Parting Shot
- Filler

Last edited:
Final Submission
58 HP / 99 Atk / 120 Def / 104 SpA / 99 SpD / 120 Spe

PT: 144.3 / ST: 121.2 / PS: 164.6 / SS: 176.6
BSR: 334

I want to allow this thing to be versatile, to be powerful with a life orb, or to have longevity with leftovers. I see three different items on this, Life Orb for power, Leftovers for longevity, or Black Belt/Fighting Plate/etc to still hit hard, but without sacrificing health to do it. Black belt is because fighting STAB is the main thing that will be used to hit bulky mons (CC on Chansey, Focus Blast/Aura Sphere on Skarmory).

I also want to allow it to be versatile in the different sets it can use.

Sets CAP22 will use:

4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252+ Spe
Will hold Life Orb, Black Belt, or Leftovers
Will use 2 special STABs, Close Combat, and Parting Shot

252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252+ Spe
Will hold Life Orb
Will use 2 physical STABs, Focus Blast, and Parting Shot

252 HP / 4 SpA / 252+ Spe
Will hold leftovers
Will use 2 Special STABs, Close Combat, and Parting Shot

The versatility of this CAP is sure to force the right kinds of switches, allowing for great opportunities to use parting shot.

HP
The HP is at 58 because of leftovers, if you run 252 EVs, it hits 320 HP, which is divisible by 16. I want this to have the option of running full SpA and full Speed investment for most sets, but also fill a niche set better for supporting with parting shot with full HP and full Speed, kind of how Kitsunoh sometimes runs full HP and Speed. Having the HP lower and the defenses higher, it makes 63 more points in HP worth more bulk than if the HP was higher and the defenses were lower.

Special Attack
A lot of people have been telling me "104 is very low," "SpA is too low," etc, but it sits at a very nice spot for a number of reasons.
If you aren't comfortable with how unreliable Focus Blast is, Aura Sphere still gets the job done with skarmory:
252 SpA Black Belt Squirtle Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 178-211 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Even if you use leftovers and no special attack investment, 104 SpA still does the trick:
0 SpA Squirtle Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 178-210 (53.2 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Hippowdon is the bulkiest thing you wanna hit with Focus Blast, but it still hurts it more than enough to make it not want to stay in:
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 247-292 (58.8 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Black Belt Squirtle Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 229-270 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Cawmodore can't set up:
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Aura Sphere vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 185-218 (76.4 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Squirtle Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 213-252 (88 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
It's still enough power to 2HKO an annoying fatmon like Pyroak:
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pyroak: 235-278 (53 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Attack
I want a physical set to be possible, because quite frankly, focus blast is unreliable as hell, and a powerful Close Combat is more threatening than a slightly more powerful Focus Blast, purely based on accuracy issues. Close Combat is very high powered, but very reliable.
The attack is plenty to hit Chansey hard enough even on a leftovers set.
4 Atk Squirtle Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 342-404 (53.2 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I picked 99 attack because it hits a pretty nifty benchmark for a physical set:
252 Atk Life Orb Squirtle Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 562-663 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
That's just enough attack to OHKO Chansey after rocks. whether OHKO or 2HKO it doesn't really matter, chansey will still die, but I thought it was a nice benchmark and felt that if I went much lower with attack, a physical set would be too weak. And to be honest, a way to OHKO a mon like chansey is what'll justify a physical set.

A solid mixed mon that can run a more physical based set or a more special based set is surely one to keep opponents guessing, and sure to force plenty of switches, which is pro concept.

Defense
Why is it kinda bulky? And why is a 252 HP / 252+ Speed EV spread option a good thing? One big threat that I'm pretty pleased it can actually take a hit from is Garchomp.
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Squirtle: 141-166 (44 - 51.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
This alone gives this mon a niche as a bulkier support mon. Being able to avoid a 2HKO from a terrifyingly strong mon like Garchomp gives CAP22 the ability to reliably check many mons, like dragon type mons that it is supposed to, with Garchomp being one of the most powerful.

Special Defense
The Special tankiness here is required so that this thing can actually beat tomohawk. Even if it can't tank the Air Slash comfortably, at least it can take it:
0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Squirtle: 204-242 (79.3 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It's special defense may be lacking, but it's still just enough to be of use in a pinch, like if CM Stratagem has set up:
+1 252 SpA Life Orb Stratagem Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Squirtle: 203-239 (78.9 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery​
So it is high enough that it is useful to serve a purpose when needed, but does not need much more. With CAP22 being weak to Fairy, Flying, Poison, Psychic, and Steel, many moves of these types being special and fairly common on a lot of mons, more special bulk won't serve much purpose.

Speed
I like 120 speed because it allows the mon to be a speedy parting shot user like it is supposed to be, but I don't want to go any higher because I'd like to leave Tornadus-Therian as a solid check. Having more flying type checks helps to not allow Aurumoth to be supportable by CAP, which is a good thing because as powerful as Aurumoth is, it does not need parting shot support, that could potentially be unhealthy for the meta. This thing already hurts Aurumoth's dark type checks, and does not need to help Aurumoth more than that. Because of this, I'd like to leave these Fire and Flying checks as checks.

The bulk is still nothing special, it allows us to take some hits better (most notably earthquake) but still doesn't give enough to handle anything it shouldn't. It still gets 2HKO'd by even an uninvested regular Scizor's Bullet Punch.
0 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Squirtle: 140-168 (54.4 - 65.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Scizor is really the only one of the priority users listed in the threats discussion that doesn't carry anything it'd rather hit the CAP with insted of the weak base power priority move. Also Scizor pretty much never goes uninvested, even on the bulky sets it usually has a few EVs in attack. But even if Scizor does go uninvested, it's still enough to beat the CAP.
This is really the most that the CAP can do back to that Scizor:
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Scizor: 263-309 (76.6 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Banded Scizor OHKOs:
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Squirtle: 276-326 (107.3 - 126.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

CAP vs the bulky SD set:
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Scizor: 208-247 (60.6 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
44 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Squirtle: 146-174 (56.8 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 44 Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Squirtle: 288-342 (112 - 133%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Mega Metagross' Bullet Punch is also a 2HKO, but that's irrelevant when Metagross would rather opt for the OHKO with Meteor Mash, either way it takes one round of damage. Even against an HP-invested support EV spread CAP, the metagross OHKOs:
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Squirtle: 356-420 (111.2 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And this is the most CAP does back:
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 200-238 (66.4 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Azumarill's Aqua Jet was never anything this CAP would fear anyway, even on the band set, it still can't even 2HKO, but that's irrelevant when it would opt for play rough anyway.
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Squirtle: 306-362 (119 - 140.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
And CAP can't even keep it from belly drumming:
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Moonblast vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 208-246 (57.1 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(this is the lowest that Azumarill ever runs in HP)
If Azumarill has already drummed though it doesn't matter because it's aqua jet is a OHKO:
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Squirtle: 271-321 (105.4 - 124.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
The support set I've intended for this CAP can potentially live the +6 Aqua jet
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Squirtle: 271-321 (84.6 - 100.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
But this is all that does back:
4 SpA Squirtle Moonblast vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 127-151 (34.8 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Assvest Azu takesCAP on easy peasy:
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 136-161 (33.9 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 463-549 (110.2 - 130.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tomohawk: 416-491 (100.4 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 377-447 (116.7 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Revenankh: 234-276 (60.9 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus: 208-246 (69.5 - 82.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 243-289 (61.6 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Just a bunch of mons we're meant to beat with moonblast , we still manage just fine

252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 192 SpD Ferrothorn: 218-260 (61.9 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 320-377 (113.8 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Pretty much anything else you might feel like hitting with aura sphere, close combat hits harder anyway, even uninvested CC vs invested aura sphere.

A lack of Focus Blast could make it struggle against Hippowdon, though:
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 196-231 (46.6 - 55%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
But I'd say that's enough damage to deter it from trying staying anywhere near CAP, and tbh that's what you get for being a fighting type special attacker.

The mixed offenses aren't there for play rough, they're there so CAP can opt to run a more physically oriented mixed set to potentially be more threatening with close combat. Because close combat is a reliable high powered move, unlike focus blast which is unreliable, I believe that having the option to really do some threatening with an invested close combat is pretty helpful towards the concept. Mixed stats like these are pretty nifty, and so instead of the opponent bringing out their wall which can potentially be broken, they gotta bring out their plasmantas, venusaurs, Talonflames, Volcaronas, Tornadus-Therians, etc. All of which are the exact kinda of mons we want to debuff with parting shot.

And I mean play rough is a nice move and all, but moonblast is better in most scenarios for this CAP, I mean, play rough would be better than moonblast for things with higher special bulk than physical, like Revenankh, but again, for most scenarios moonblast is still better.

Also don't mistake this as me saying we should have this attack stat just because throwing around high powered close combats are scary. The option for a more physically oriented CAP22 has merit that allows us to beat some specific things on our list, such as Heatran.
252 Atk Life Orb Squirtle Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 400-476 (103.6 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
A physically Oriented mixed set will do better on specially defensive heatran than a specially oriented set
252 SpA Life Orb Squirtle Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 320-377 (82.9 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Which if want to at least have a chance at beating, is pretty important as an option, considering even uninvested, heatran still murders CAP with Flash Cannon
0 SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Squirtle: 242-288 (94.1 - 112%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

I understand your apprehension with the base stat total, but I'll just go ahead and say that aurumoth's stats weren't what broke it. Sure they didn't help, but they aren't even a main factor in why it's overpowered. Also the CAP isn't super specialized in any specific way with the stats I desire on purpose, these stats are designed so the mon can be very versatile.

You have the main offensive set:
CAP22 @ Life Orb / Black Belt / Leftover
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Focus Blast
-Moonblast
-Close Combat
-Parting Shot

The items are meant to be versatile depending on where you need this CAP to be on a Power vs Longevity scale.

This set has the wallbreaking potential it needs to coax those poison and fire mons in that it wants to debuff with parting shot.

Then you have a more physically oriented set:
CAP22 @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
-Close Combat
-Play Rough/Moonblast
-Focus Blast
-Parting shot

This set is very threatening with it's invested Close Combat, that not many things want to switch in to. Play Rough is there because on a more physciallly oriented set it makes more sense, but Moonblast is slashed on because it still handles things like garchomp better. Focus Blast is there because it's needed for the likes of Skarmory.

Then there is the support set:
CAP22 @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature / Timid Nature
-Focus Blast
-Moon Blast
-Close Combat / Protect / ?
-Parting Shot

This set doesn't have power investmnet, and as such won't hit as strong but it still hits most of the things we'd like to handle, like Skarmory and Chansey, while it also fares better against more powerful things like garchomp. I imagine this set performing like a Kitsunoh support set, where it has max HP and Speed investment, and carries one or two support moves.

I'm not really sure if this is what you were looking for, though, but here.

Last edited:

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Final Submission

81 HP / 103 Atk / 75 Def / 118 SpA / 70 SpD / 126 Spe (573 BST)

PT: 110.193 (Above Average)

Mainly allows CAP to be threatened by Priority users. Defense stat is low enough so that Banded Azumarill 2HKOs with Aqua Jet and Offensive Mega Scizor OHKOs with Bullet Punch. CAP always lives an Acrobatics from Sp. Def Talonflame and can throw off a Parting Shot in retaliation.

Offensive Scizor: 252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 272-324 (89.7 - 106.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
Defensive Mega Scizor: 44 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 242-288 (79.8 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Offensive Mega Scizor: 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 306-360 (100.9 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Mega Metagross: 252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 236-278 (77.8 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Azumarill: 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 102-120 (33.6 - 39.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Choice Band Azumarill: 252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 153-180 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Sp. Def Talonflame:
0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 254-300 (83.8 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Sharp Beak Talonflame: 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 434-512 (143.2 - 168.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Mega Medicham: 252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 186-220 (61.3 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Cawmodore: 252 Atk Cawmodore Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 134-158 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO

Colossoil: 252+ Atk Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 219-258 (72.2 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Mega Medicham: 252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 225-264 (74.2 - 87.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Choice Scarf Landorus-T: 252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 225-265 (74.2 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Life Orb Latios: 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 432-510 (142.5 - 168.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

ST: 105.079 (Above Average)

Allows offensive and defensive Poison-, Fire-, and Fairy-types to seriously threaten Naive CAP. Defensive Mega Venusaur OHKOs with Sludge Bomb, while Amoonguss fails to OHKO. Volcanion and Clefable OHKO after Stealth Rock. Tomohawk has a chance to OHKO with Air Slash, but CAP outspeeds and can OHKO Tomohawk with Moonblast.

Mollux: 252+ SpA Life Orb Mollux Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 665-788 (219.4 - 260%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive Plasmanta: 0 SpA Plasmanta Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 366-432 (120.7 - 142.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Offensive Plasmanta: 252 SpA Life Orb Plasmanta Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 608-717 (200.6 - 236.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive Mega Venusaur: 0 SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 342-404 (112.8 - 133.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Offensive Mega Venusaur: 252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 462-546 (152.4 - 180.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Amoonguss: 0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 254-300 (83.8 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Mega Charizard Y: 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22 in Sun: 466-550 (153.7 - 181.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Volkraken: 252+ SpA Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 303-357 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Volcanion: 252+ SpA Volcanion Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 295-348 (97.3 - 114.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
CAP22: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 564-665 (186.1 - 219.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Calm Mind Clefable: 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 294-348 (97 - 114.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Mega Diancie: 224 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 534-630 (176.2 - 207.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Tomohawk: 0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 272-324 (89.7 - 106.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

PS: 173.275 (Very Good)

Enough Attack to OHKO Assault Vest Colossoil with only 4 EVs. Also 2HKOs Chansey.

AV Colossoil: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 408-484 (100.2 - 118.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Chansey:
4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 460-541 (71.6 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Choice Scarf Tyranitar: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 640-754 (187.6 - 221.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Bisharp: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 691-816 (254.9 - 301.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Ferrothorn: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 234-276 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Heatran: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 330-390 (85.4 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Naviathan: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Naviathan: 377-447 (105 - 124.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Mega Crucibelle: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Crucibelle: 220-259 (62.1 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Sp. Def Jirachi: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 173-204 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Cawmodore: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cawmodore: 138-164 (57 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive Skarmory: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 99-117 (29.6 - 35%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Sp. Def Skarmory: 4 Atk Life Orb CAP22 Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Skarmory: 130-153 (38.9 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

SS: 204.595 (Fantastic)

Enough Special Attack to 2HKO Mixed Wall Hippowdon after Stealth Rock. Also enough to OHKO Defensive Tomohawk, Defensive Cyclohm, Defensive Garchomp, Defensive Skarmory, and Mega Sableye after Stealth Rock.

Mixed Wall Hippowdon: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 214-253 (50.9 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Defensive Tomohawk:
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tomohawk: 452-533 (109.1 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive Cyclohm:
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 507-595 (120.7 - 141.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive Garchomp:
252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 432-510 (103.5 - 122.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Utility Mega Sableye:
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 268-320 (88.1 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Calm Mind Mega Sableye: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sableye: 335-398 (110.1 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Belly Drum Azumarill: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 227-269 (62.3 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive Landorus-T: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 226-266 (59.1 - 69.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Quiver Dance Aurumoth: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Aurumoth: 286-337 (77.9 - 91.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Keldeo: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 413-486 (127.8 - 150.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 114-135 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 99.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mega Metagross: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 220-259 (73 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Defensive Skarmory: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 317-374 (94.9 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Sp. Def Skarmory: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 214-253 (64 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Volcanion: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 261-308 (71.7 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Sp. Def Heatran: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 351-413 (90.9 - 106.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
Cawmodore: 252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 302-356 (124.7 - 147.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

BSR: 324.984 (Very Good)

Enough Speed to outspeed Weavile and easily OHKO it with a STAB move. Also allows CAP to outspeed slower Scarfers, including Tyranitar, Modest Mollux, and Magnezone. Also lets CAP outspeed Base 110s (Lati, Mega Diancie, Gengar, etc) without a +Speed nature (credit to Deck Knight for noting this).

Last edited:
WIP
94 HP/ 72 ATK/ 110 DEF/ 125 SPA/ 100 spd/ 97 spe

pt: 122.5
st: 148.2
ps: 171
ss: 231.4
bsr:181.2
Your SS reads at 186.482, PS 106.415, ST 162.613, PT 175.392, and your BSR reads at 349.41917; check the newest BSR calculator, which should be a link in this thread.

WIP

89 HP / 92 Atk / 70 Def / 115 SpA / 80 SpD / 126 Spe (572 BST)

PT: 109.69 (Above Average)
ST: 126.83 (Good)
PS: 139.76 (Good)
SS: 179.37 (Very Good)
BSR: 300.73 (Very Good)

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 458-542 (143.5 - 169.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
84 Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 264-312 (82.7 - 97.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
84 Atk Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 156-186 (48.9 - 58.3%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 248-294 (77.7 - 92.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 182-216 (57 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 160-189 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
We are nicely threatened by these priority users. Most also carry a move that can straight up OHKO us.

252+ Atk Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 229-271 (71.7 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Colossoil Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 46-54 (14.4 - 16.9%) -- possible 6HKO
We live an EQ, but if Colossoil follows up with a Sucker Punch, it can win.

252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 445-525 (139.4 - 164.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Unfortunately Bishop OHKOs us but we would need like 130 defense to live an Iron Head, so we just have to go for an outspeed.

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 230-270 (72.1 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
We live Weavile's strongest attack.

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 231-273 (72.4 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
We manage to avoid an OHKO but Fake Out + Return will defeat us.

Tyranitar & MegaEye: lol

0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 160-189 (50.1 - 59.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
12 Atk Skarmory Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 194-230 (60.8 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This could be a problem for us, but we still comfortably all three and can Parting Shot out.

0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (141 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP22: 386-456 (121 - 142.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:(

0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 228-270 (71.4 - 84.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 414-488 (129.7 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mollux Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 462-546 (144.8 - 171.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Plasmanta Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 330-390 (103.4 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Fidgit Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 118-141 (36.9 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22 in Sun: 420-495 (131.6 - 155.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 271-321 (84.9 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 529-624 (165.8 - 195.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Volcanion Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD CAP22: 290-342 (90.9 - 107.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
All of these nicely OHKO or 2HKO us. (except for Fidgit)

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Politoed: 262-309 (82.1 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
We avoid an OHKO from Keldeo.

0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Politoed: 246-290 (77.1 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
We do not let Tomohawk OHKO us.

0 SpA Cyclohm Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Klefki: 144-171 (45.1 - 53.6%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO
We comfortably live a Thunderbolt from Cyclohm.

252 SpA Life Orb Stratagem Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Klefki: 161-191 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
We comfortably survive Stratagem's strongest attack.

0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Klefki: 145-172 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 46.5% chance to 2HKO
Heatran will occasionally 2HKO us but we OHKO right back, unless it is running Flash Cannon. In which case:
252 SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Klefki: 354-416 (110.9 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:(

115 SpA just seemed like a nice, round number which fitted our threatlist.

252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 265-312 (65.1 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 832-988 (307 - 364.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 265-315 (87.1 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tomohawk: 445-525 (107.4 - 126.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 406-478 (125.6 - 147.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 421-499 (123.4 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Stratagem: 416-491 (129.5 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 229-273 (59.3 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 242-283 (68.7 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 499-588 (118.8 - 140%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Garchomp: 377-447 (89.7 - 106.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
52 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 95-113 (14.7 - 17.6%) -- possible 6HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 211-250 (50.2 - 59.5%) -- 77.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 142-168 (42.5 - 50.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
We can OHKO or 2HKO basically everything we want to threaten.

252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mollux: 74-88 (22.3 - 26.5%) -- 24.2% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Plasmanta: 94-112 (29 - 34.5%) -- 99.7% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Fidgit: 110-131 (27.9 - 33.2%) -- 91.3% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 232 HP / 4 SpD Mega Venusaur: 78-94 (21.7 - 26.1%) -- 5% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 120+ SpD Amoonguss: 87-104 (20.1 - 24%) -- possible 6HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Talonflame: 125-148 (39.9 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 82-97 (27.6 - 32.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Volkraken: 156-185 (45.6 - 54%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Volcanion: 172-203 (47.2 - 55.7%) -- 17.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 133-156 (38.7 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Metagross: 144-172 (47.8 - 57.1%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP22 Moonblast vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 222-263 (57.8 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
We basically fail to 2HKO our entire threatlist.

I made it 126 speed because I wanted it to outspeed ScarfTran, Scarfed 80's, and Cawmodore.
Whilst 120/121 speed would have been sufficient for that, I upped it to 126 because I wanted it to outspeed Weavile and take down Syclant more easily. I also wanted to be able to outspeed some things at +1, like Mollux and Gyarados. I'm not really worried about outspeeding Torn-T and Pidgeot, as we fail to OHKO them whilst they do not, and they weren't on our threat list anyway.

Last edited:

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
WIP. Might not final sub, depends on my schedule, and how differentiated my spread ends up being. I'm taking a different approach than in the past, this time picking numbers that have a bit more flexibility rather than going with super specific stats that look ugly for the sake of getting one or two things done.

85 HP / 95 Atk / 85 Def / 115 SpA / 80 SpD / 120 Spe (580 BST)

(Rounding all of this up to the next integer)
PT: 129
ST: 124
PS: 157
SS: 197
BSR: 333

ST -- Primary Pokemon we avoid being OHKOed by: Keldeo, Tomohawk. Primary Pokemon we ARE OHKOed by: Defensive Plasmanta/Mollux
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 262-309 (84.2 - 99.3%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

We always live a Specs Scald or Scarf Hydro Pump if there's no SR (and usually live it even if it there is SR). For me, this is probably the single most important thing that I'm seeing other spreads fail to do. Getting bopped in the face by a scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump before we've even had a chance to launch an attack is very unappealing to me.

0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 246-290 (79 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Even with rocks, always live a DefensiveHawk AirSlash. Given our BSR and ST, living a DefensiveHawk Hurricane is just not reasonable.

0 SpA Plasmanta Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 330-390 (106.1 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
We still comfortably lose to even defensive Plasmanta/Mollux (dissuading us from running Hidden Power Ground Shenanigans to beat them)

PT -- Primary Pokemon we avoid being OHKOed By: Colossoil, Skarmory
252+ Atk Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 196-232 (63 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 196-231 (63 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

We comfortably live Colossoil's and Weavile's most powerful attacks.

0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 246-290 (79 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

We're barely able to live a Brave Bird from Skarmory.

PS -- Primary Targets: Colossoil, Chansey
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 36 Def Colossoil: 406-478 (99.7 - 117.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Pretty much guaranteed to KO Colossoil's that don't invest too much in HP or Def. The spread of 36 def is what's currently used in the analysis.

4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 429-507 (66.9 - 79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
We will fairly comfortably 2HKO chansey even through its softboils, especially if it takes SR dmg.

SS -- Primary Targets: Tomohawk, Keldeo

252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tomohawk: 342-404 (82.8 - 97.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

We'll usually OHKO Tomohawk after rocks even without an orb (with Life Orb, we always KO).

252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 312-368 (96.5 - 113.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

We nab that pony.

Enough speed to outspeed Cawmodore and thus discouraging it from actually setting up against CAP. Enough speed to outslow Tornadus-T, since it should be beating us up and we have no business trying to move first and getting moonblast hax on it.

Last edited:

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not completely sure if I will get around to a final submisison this time, but here are my initial thoughts:

85 / 55 / 95 / 125 / 75 / 115

PT: 142.781
ST: 115.769
PS: 90.958
SS: 213.54
BSR: 305.510

Haven't done too many calcs yet, but my one of my main thoughts is that we really have absolutely no reason to be a mixed attacker. Most of our targets we will be able to beat from the special side, and any we cannot, we should be able to deal with in other ways. Inflating physical offense just because will only distract from what we want to be doing, in my opinion.

I'll add a lot more later, I hope.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

HP: 94
Atk: 66
Def: 80
SpA: 125
SpD: 65
Spe: 120

PS: 108.3 (Above Average)
PT: 129.2 (Good)
SS: 215.9 (Fantastic)
ST: 108.1 (Above Average)
BSR: 304.6 (Very Good)
BST: 550

Overall: 94 / 66 / 80 / 125 / 65 / 120

If this is to be an offensive CAP, then we ought to give it some offensive stats worth having. There is no need to go mixed here just for Chansey and Assault Vest Colossoil; both can be overcome purely on the Special side and/or by proper maneuvering, along with everything else we intend on targeting with our STAB attacks. Besides, splitting our offenses between physical and special attacks weakens both and would be unnecessarily inefficient.

This spread is fast and strong, a big time threat with Life Orb or Choice Specs that doesn't sacrifice its offensive objectives when it absorbs a Knock Off for the team. I wanted to make sure the CAP would also have at least some cushion on which to pivot into battle, in order to avoid designing something that more closely resembles a revenge killer than an offensive pivot. With all that in mind, I made this spread not terribly bulky, but not a glass cannon either. The end result is a CAP that will be able to switch into many resisted and neutral attacks once or twice and use that SpA and Spe to effectively build or maintain momentum against some of the metagame's top threats, most especially the Cyclossohawk trio. I predict there will be but the one viable EV spread: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe, so all calcs in this post will be using these EVs.

Offenses: 66 / 125 / 120

125 SpA is really just the perfect level of offense here. It hits a bunch of key benchmarks depending on which item you choose (and whether or not you are able to hold on to that item), especially the critical item-less OHKOs on Tomohawk, Cyclohm, offensive Colossoil, offensive Garchomp, and Latios with Moonblast and on Naviathan with Aura Sphere (see calcs for hazard-reliance). Unboosted CAP also 2HKOs Assault Vest Colossoil and Revenankh with Moonblast, and with Aura Sphere it 2HKOs Cawmodore (through its Sitrus Berry), Ferrothorn, Defensive Skarmory, and SpD Heatran. What this all means is that the CAP can take a Knock Off and still retain an urgent offensive presence against its primary targets at all times.
252 SpA CAP Moonblast vs.:
  • 248/0 Tomohawk: 89 - 105%; OHKO w/SR, 31% chance w/o
  • 252/0 Cyclohm: 97 - 114%; OHKO w/SR, 81% chance w/o
  • 0/0 Colossoil: 97 - 115%; OHKO w/SR, 81% chance w/o
  • 0/0 Garchomp: 97 - 115%; OHKO w/SR, 81% chance w/o
  • 0/0 Latios: 93 - 110%; OHKO w/SR, 63% chance w/o
  • 0/176 Assault Vest Colossoil: 52 - 62%; 2HKO
  • 252/252+ Revenankh: 53 - 63%; 2HKO
252 SpA CAP Aura Sphere vs.:
  • 48/0 Naviathan: 101 - 119%; OHKO
  • 252/0 Naviathan: 88 - 104%; 63% chance to OHKO w/SR, 31% w/o
  • 4/0 Cawmodore*: 67 - 79%; 2HKO
  • 252/168 Ferrothorn: 55 - 65%; 2HKO
  • 252/4 Skarmory: 51 - 60%; 2HKO w/SR, 87% chance w/o
  • 252/188+ Heatran: 48 - 58%; 2HKO w/SR, 46% chance w/o
*Cawmodore is a tricky opponent here, due to Sitrus Berry. There are many ways for this interaction to play out, but basically, if Caw switches into any STAB attack, it either loses outright or loses the ability to set up for the rest of the match. If it comes in fresh, one-on-one, at 100% HP, it has a reliable (but not guaranteed) ability to Belly Drum after eating an Aura Sphere and OHKO on the following turn with Bullet Punch or OHKO on the same turn with Acrobatics (without setting up). Life Orb Aura Sphere + Stealth Rock or unboosted Focus Blast will both reliably OHKO Caw (94% chance for LO Sphere+SR, 70% for Focus Blast), but this is still an issue worth acknowledging.
Not exhaustive, just examples...

252 SpA CAP Moonblast vs.:
  • 0/0 Kitsunoh: 30 - 36%; 96% chance to 3HKO w/SR, 38% w/o
  • 96/0 Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 34 - 40%; 38% chance to 2HKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
  • 0/4 Gengar: 37 - 43%; 3HKO
  • 16/0 Mega Gardevoir: 42 - 49%; 84% chance to 2HKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
  • 252/24 Slowbro: 45 - 53%; 85% chance to 2HKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
252 SpA CAP Focus Blast vs.:
  • 248/144 Mega Venusaur: 20 - 23%
  • 252/120+ Amoongus: 21 - 25%
  • 232/4 Mega Venusaur: 23 - 27%
  • 208/0 Mollux: 24 - 28%; 91% chance to 3HKO w/SR, 96% chance to 4HKO w/o
  • 248/252+ Talonflame: 24 - 28%; 90% chance to 2HKO w/SR; 98% chance to 4HKO w/o
  • 0/4 Mollux: 27 - 33%; 3HKO w/SR, 4HKO w/o
  • 0/4 Mega Charizard-Y: 28 - 33%; 2HKO w/SR, 4HKO w/o
  • 252/0 Plasmanta: 30 -35%; 22% chance to 3HKO w/SR, 4HKO w/o
  • 0/0 Talonflame: 43 - 52%; 19% chance to OHKO w/SR
Life Orb CAP ticks off pretty much all the rest of the boxes on the threatlist that aren't already covered. LO CAP can OHKO Kyurem-B, TankChomp, Latias, Mega Sableye, Arghonaut, and Mega Diancie and can 2HKO Malaconda, Unaware Clefable, and Hippowdon with Moonblast. With Aura Sphere, it has a good shot at 2HKOing SpD Skarmory after Stealth Rock. With Focus Blast, CAP nets a OHKO on Ferrothorn and SpD Heatran and 2HKOs Mega Crucibelle.
252 SpA Life Orb CAP Moonblast vs.:
  • 0/0 Kyurem-B: 110 - 130%; OHKO (w/o LO: max damage roll=390, KyuB HP=391; OHKO w/SR though)
  • 240/0 Garchomp: 108 - 128%; OHKO (w/o LO: 83 - 98%; 31% chance to OHKO w/SR)
  • 72/0 Latias: 99 - 117%; OHKO w/SR, 94% chance w/o
  • 252/144+ Mega Sableye: 92 - 105%; OHKO w/SR, 56% chance w/o
  • 200/88 Arghonaut: 90 - 106%; 75% chance to OHKO w/SR, 31% w/o
  • 0/0- Mega Diancie: 84 - 99%; 81% chance to OHKO w/SR
  • 252/244+ Malaconda: 56 - 65%; 2HKO
  • 248/8 Clefable: 54 - 64%; 2HKO
  • 252/112 Hippowdon: 53 - 63%; 2HKO (Hippo can actually survive with two minimum damage rolls)
252 SpA Life Orb CAP Aura Sphere vs.:
  • 252/252+ Skarmory: 45 - 53%; 86% chance to 2HKO w/SR
252 SpA Life Orb Focus Blast vs.:
  • 252/168 Ferrothorn: 107 - 127%; OHKO
  • 252/188+ Heatran: 94 - 111%; OHKO w/SR, 63% chance w/o
  • 4/0 Mega Crucibelle: 58 - 69%; 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb CAP Moonblast vs.:
  • 0/0 Kitsunoh: 39 - 47%; 3HKO
  • 96/0 Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 44 - 52%; 2HKO w/SR, 17% chance w/o
  • 0/4 Gengar: 47 - 56%; 2HKO w/SR, 85% chance w/o
  • 16/0 Mega Gardevoir: 54 - 64%; 2HKO
  • 252/24 Slowbro: 58 - 69%; 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb CAP Focus Blast vs.:
  • 248/144 Mega Venusaur: 26 - 30%
  • 252/120+ Amoongus: 27 - 32%
  • 232/4 Mega Venusaur: 29 - 35%; 3HKO w/SR, 11% chance w/o
  • 208/0 Mollux: 31 - 37%; 3HKO w/SR, 72% chance w/o
  • 248/252+ Talonflame: 31 - 37%; 2HKO w/SR, 81% chance to 3HKO w/o
  • 0/4 Mollux: 36 - 42%; 84% chance to 2HKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
  • 0/4 Mega Charizard-Y: 37 - 43%; 2HKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
  • 252/0 Plasmanta: 39 - 46%; 3HKO
  • 0/0 Talonflame: 57 - 67%
Choice Specs is essentially a murder weapon. While it is the riskiest item to go with for the build we are designing here, it does reach some incredible benchmarks if your prediction is on point. Specs Moonblast OHKOs Mega Latias and Rotom-W (w/SR) and 2HKOs Magic Guard Clefable and Assault Vest Tornadus-T. It can also OHKO offensive Landorus-T (w/SR), rounding out the hurt on the most prevalent opposing VoltSwitchers. Specs Focus Blast is the epitome of high-risk-high-reward, capable of OHKOing Assault Vest Colossoil and SpD Heatran and 2HKOing Eviolite Chansey (w/SR), yet it is one of the worst moves to be Choice-locked into due to its barely-viable accuracy and plethora of resists available in the tier for revenging.
252 SpA Choice Specs CAP Moonblast vs.:
  • 248/0 Mega Latias: 88 - 104%; OHKO w/SR, 25% chance w/o
  • 252/0 Rotom-W: 88 - 104%; OHKO w/SR, 31% chance w/o
  • 252/84+ Clefable: 52 - 62%; 98% chance to 2HKO
  • 96/0 Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 51 - 60%; 2HKO
  • 0/0 Landorus-T: 85 - 101%; 81% chance to OHKO w/SR; 6% w/o
252 SpA Choice Specs CAP Focus Blast vs.:
  • 0/176 Assault Vest Colossoil: 99 - 116%; OHKO w/SR, 88% chance w/o
  • 252/188+ Heatran: 108 - 127%; OHKO
  • 4/252+ Eviolite Chansey: 45 - 54%; 2HKO w/SR, 39% chance w/o
252 SpA Choice Specs CAP Moonblast vs.:
  • 0/0 Kitsunoh: 45 - 53%; 88% chance to 2HKO w/SR, 32% w/o
  • 96/0 Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 51 - 60%; 2HKO
  • 0/4 Gengar: 55 - 65%; 2HKO
  • 16/0 Mega Gardevoir: 62 - 74%; 2HKO
  • 252/24 Slowbro: 67 - 79%; 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs CAP Focus Blast vs.:
  • 248/144 Mega Venusaur: 30 - 35%; 3HKO w/SR, 16% chance w/o
  • 252/120+ Amoongus: 31 - 37%; 82% chance to 3HKO w/SR; 4HKO w/o
  • 232/4 Mega Venusaur: 34 - 40%; 3HKO
  • 72/0 Latias: 36 - 42; 3HKO
  • 208/0 Mollux: 36 - 42%; 83% chance to 2HKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
  • 248/252+ Talonflame: 36 - 43%; 2HKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
  • 0/4 Mollux: 41 - 49%; 2HKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
  • 0/4 Mega Charizard-Y: 42 - 50%; 6% chance to OHKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
  • 0/0 Latios: 44 - 52%; 2HKO w/SR, 12% chance w/o
  • 252/0 Plasmanta: 45 - 53%; 86% chance to 2HKO w/SR, 3HKO w/o
  • 0/0 Talonflame: 65 - 77%; OHKO w/SR, 2HKO w/o
I originally wanted to set the Speed for this spread at 125 for reasons that don't matter anymore, but after reading over a few other submissions and terrifying myself with Choice Specs calcs, I dropped it to 120 so as to lift Tornadus-T, Syclant, and non/pre-Mega Alakazam into a position to check this Pokemon. 120 is still a phenomenal Speed tier that outspeeds almost everything (very important!), and although checking Weavile will be a much more daunting task this way, it provides a little needed balance to this spread while still covering our entire threatlist.

Defenses: 94 / 80 / 65

94 HP works out to 329 HP, a Life Orb number, which is a minor but convenient improvement over base 95. These are far from stellar defenses, and pretty much any super effective STAB is going to clean its clock (I have only included calcs for SE STABS that do not cleanly OHKO this spread).

Base 80 Defense gives Offensive Mega Scizor a 56% chance of OHKOing CAP with Bullet Punch (w/SR), or what is essentially a OHKO after CAP switches into Stealth Rock twice or Spikes once or if it takes one round of Life Orb recoil. This is a fine baseline, as it maintains the threat of Super Effective priority from its premier user while still allowing the CAP to switch once into a neutral STAB from the likes of Colossoil and Garchomp and not die to Life Orb recoil on the next turn. The exception to this is Cawmodore, who I don't want to be able to 2HKO the CAP with unboosted Bullet Punch; it should either be in a position to boost or to get wrecked, preferably the latter.
vs. 0/4 CAP:
  • LO Latias Psyshock: 105 - 124%; OHKO
  • Bulky SD Talonflame Acrobatics: 105 - 124%; OHKO
  • Choice Scarf Kitsunoh Meteor Mash: 92 - 108%; 81% chance to OHKO w/SR, 50% w/o
  • Offensive Mega Scizor Bullet Punch: 88 - 104%; 56% chance to OHKO w/SR, 25% w/o
  • LO Colossoil Earthquake: 81 - 96%; 13% chance to OHKO w/SR
  • Choice Scarf Jirachi Iron Head: 79 - 94%; 2HKO
  • Defensive Mega Slowbro Psyshock: 78 - 93%; 2HKO
  • Mega Metagross Bullet Punch: 67 - 80%; 2HKO
  • Slowbro Psyshock: 63 - 75%; 2HKO
  • Mega Lopunny Return: 63 - 74%; 2HKO (Fake Out + Return: 88 - 103%)
  • Assault Vest Colossoil Earthquake: 62 - 74%; 2HKO
  • Offensive Garchomp Earthquake: 60 - 71%; 2HKO
  • Defensive Landorus-T Earthquake: 54 - 64%; 2HKO
  • TankChomp Earthquake: 49 - 58%; 2HKO w/SR, 98% chance w/o
  • Choice Band Azumarill Aqua Jet: 44 - 51%; 61% chance to 2HKO w/SR, 7% w/o
  • Cawmodore Bullet Punch: 38 - 46%; 3HKO
The baseline for 65 SpD was to survive defensive Tomohawk's Air Slash after Stealth Rock, which seems to be the norm amongst these submissions. This spread also survives Specs Keldeo's Scald from full health and Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump regardless of SR, making neither a very good way to deal with this CAP, as per the threatlist.
vs. 0/0 CAP:
  • Defensive Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb: 99 -117%; OHKO w/SR, 94% chance w/o
  • Choice Scarf Volkraken Fire Blast: 88 - 103%; 63% chance to OHKO w/SR, 25% w/o
  • 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast: 84 - 100%; 38% chance to OHKO w/SR, 6% w/o
  • Choice Specs Keldeo Scald: 84 - 99%; 38% chance to OHKO w/SR (not factoring in Burn chance)
  • LO Thundurus Thunderbolt: 81 - 95%: 6% chance to OHKO w/SR
  • 4 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash: 79 - 94%; 2HKO (max damage roll=308, CAP HP after SR=309)
  • Choice Scarf Keldeo Hydro Pump: 78 - 92%; 2HKO
  • LO Syclant Ice Beam: 75 - 89%; 2HKO
  • Amoongus Sludge Bomb: 73 - 86%; 2HKO
  • Mega Manectric Thunderbolt: 66 - 78%; 2HKO
  • LO Stratagem Earth Power: 52 - 62%; 2HKO (Ancient Power/Paleo Wave + Earth Power ~ 91 - 108%)
  • Mega Manectric Volt Switch: 51 - 60%; 2HKO

Last edited:
FINAL SUBMISSION SPREAD

HP:
Atk: 105
Def: 96
SpA: 115
SpD: 84
Spe: 120

PT: 65/96 (123)
My chosen spread has just enough bulk to survive the combination of AV Colossoil's Sucker Punch and Earthquake after Stealth Rock damage, with 0 investment. This is assuming the Colossoil gets maximum damage rolls on both Earthquake and Sucker Punch. The other feature is that it can usually survive the combination of Fake Out and then Return from Mega Lopunny. It is still mostly checked by priority users, however it is not usually OHKOed.

252+ Atk Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 178-210 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Colossoil Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 36-42 (13.2 - 15.4%) -- possible 7HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 70-84 (25.8 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 178-211 (65.6 - 77.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 124-147 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 192-228 (70.8 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 248-294 (91.5 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

ST: 65/84 (110)
This spread gives CAP22 the ability to avoid being OHKOed by the Moonblast from Unaware Wall Clefable, assuming CAP22 is at full health. It can also manage to barely take two Scalds from Choice Specs Keldeo, not taking burn damage into account. Finally, it avoids a OHKO from Defensive Tomohawk's Air Slash after accounting for one round of Stealth Rock damage. I kept it quite frail so that it still falls to most Special Attacks; this is intended to be the spread's weak points.

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 228-270 (84.1 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 226-267 (83.3 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 212-252 (78.2 - 92.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

PS: 105/120 (175)
The 105 attack serves two main roles. First of all, with Life Orb, neutral nature, and 0 investment, it gives a 50% chance of a OHKO against standard AV Colossoil. With Stealth Rock Damage, it is nearly a 90% chance of a OHKO with Life Orb, a neutral nature, and no investment. With 28 Attack investment added to the Life Orb and neutral nature, it nets a guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock. Finally, if running 8 Attack EVs CAP22 can 2HKO Chansey with Close Combat when using a neutral nature and no damage boosting item. This is assuming of course that Chansey isn't using Soft Boiled on that turn.

0- Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 374-439 (91.8 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
28- Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 382-452 (93.8 - 111%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
8- Atk Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 324-384 (50.4 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

SS: 115/120 (197)
This Special Attack gives it enough power to 2HKO Mega Gardevoir with Moonblast when running Life Orb and 244 SpA EVs. This also gives enough space to run 8 EVs in Atk for Chansey. Finally, it has just enough Special Attack to get a guaranteed OHKO on Offensive Support Latias after Stealth Rock damage when running Life Orb and 244 SpA EVs.

244 SpA Life Orb Lucario Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gardevoir: 165-195 (59.5 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
244 SpA Life Orb Lucario Moonblast vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 296-351 (92.7 - 110%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Speed: 120
There are three vital reasons for this spread. First of all, it allows CAP22 to outspeed Cawmmodore. This forces Cawmmodore to use Bullet Punch to KO it, making it a predictable threat and far easier to counter. Secondly, this spread speed ties with Alakazam base form. This makes Alakazam no longer a safe revenge killer against CAP22 due to the speed tie. Finally, this allows CAP22 to be outsped by Tornadus-Therian and Mega Pidgeot as I would prefer for those birds to be counters against CAP22. Otherwise, as previously mentioned, it will be very difficult to stop both Autumoth and CAP22 together.

BST & BSR: 585 and 332, respectively.
I do realize that this BSR rating is quite close to the limit. This was not intentional or from optimizing the stats, this was merely a result of having a spread that accomplished what I would like CAP22 to be capable of doing. Both of the Tankiness statistics fall within "Above Average", and both of the Sweepiness statistics fall within "Excellent", mostly due to the speed statistic.

Last edited:

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've decided I'm satisfied with where I'm at and Finalized my submission. I have more than enough calcs already and there's no changes I'd like to make that appeal enough to me competitively or aesthetically.

A few general comments:
One quirk of speeds 126 and above is that they let you run a +Atk or +SpA nature while outspeeding Base 110 Pokemon (Latis, Mega-Meta). This will still make CAP slower than Mega Crucibelle but that's the extent of the relevant threats. In other words, 126 is a big deal beyond just speed tying Talonflame.

I view "Mixed" for this CAP as being able to threaten Chansey and Colossoil with physical STAB, not in mimicking something like Syclant, Kyurem-B or M-Diancie where the Pokemon is legitimately attacking off either (and you have to guess or get pwned) or both of its stats in the same set with coverage moves. One of the best things about Fighting as a type is it has awesome, reliable physical attacking options and plenty of squishy targets worth hitting.

Otherwise I think it's just a matter of balance. I don't think we need this CAP to be excessively bulky outside what it needs to do, or so overwhelmingly fast/powerful that there's no disadvantage to just going with 4 attacks. Just something to keep in mind.

Empress

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was busy for the past couple days but have gotten around to reading these submissions. So far so good, it seems.

Deck Knight: This is one of my favorites. In terms of the justification and calcs, you quite literally didn't miss a beat. You also nailed what I had in mind when I said "mixed," and your calcs on the mixed attacker set prove it. Both sweepiness ratings are solid, with a major selling point being that they allow both sets to scare out Colossoil and Hippowdon, two threats that came up multiple times throughout the live discussion. If anything, the only concern I have is that the defenses will not be enough if entry hazards are present on CAP 22's side of the field. I understand that this is an intentional downside so as not to make this spread too strong, but it is something that stood out considering fatmons are one of the main things CAP 22 should be checking, and your spread can only do so without entry hazards up. It's definitely not a major concern, though, as such a Pokemon necessitates a bit of support anyway.

Elite Lord Sigma: The good news is that the PT and ST ratings have some good preliminary justification, and I look forward to you fleshing it out over the next couple of days. I do, however, find your Speed to be a bit much. Beating Mega Lopunny is obviously nice, but when the threatlist said that CAP 22 should beat all Fighting-types, I don't think it meant so literally. The danger lies in Deck Knight's point that speeds above 126 allow CAP 22 to run neutral natures and still outspeed some things. In particular, 136 is enough for a neutral-natured CAP 22 to outspeed Cawmodore and everything slower. It's definitely one of the strongest spreads submitted so far, but I don't see that much of a downside to it, so it honestly looks like BSR abuse to me at this point.

david0895: It's always nice to see new blood in CAP! Still, let me push you in the right direction a bit. The idea of the limits isn't so that you can ride them both. As jas61292 said, "all limits do is prevent us from going too far. They are not goals to hit." Despite some budding justification, you can't just say "Guarantees OHKO or 2HKO all the target we need to threat." You need to provide the relevant calcs to prove it. As for the defense stats, you have some of the right ideas, but there are plenty of attacks we don't want to be cleanly OHKOed/2HKOed by as well. This is important because your spread is on the frailer side. That DD Dragonite calc isn't the most relevant one to the concept, either. I also do not see a purely physical set being viable for CAP 22, as the vast majority of what it's supposed to beat is physically defensive, with the outliers covered by Close Combat alone. Finally, for Speed, here's what I told Alfalfa about his equally low-ish Speed stat: "It is important to note that your Speed misses out on Tornadus-T and Cawmodore, so you should explain why you want CAP 22 to be slower than them."

Agile Turtle: This is a very unique spread, appearing to prioritize bulk over offenses. I like the idea of a strictly-support set, though giving CAP 22 this much physical bulk may allow it to take on priority attackers better than it should. You should bolster the justification with some calcs against priority moves to show that it's not too much. Another concern is that with just 104 Special Attack, CAP 22 is going to have to rely on Focus Blast hitting multiple times. You mentioned some instances where Aura Sphere will be enough, but I encourage you to run more calcs with both Aura Sphere and Moonblast to make sure it's enough in more than just those limited scenarios. The same concern I have with david0895's mixed offenses somewhat resonate here; for example, are you expecting one of CAP 22's sets to take down the likes of Static Cyclohm and TankChomp with Play Rough? Overall, I'm not sure I understand this spread yet. I'll be sure to study it more closely over the week.

boxofkangaroos: Definitely on the frailer side. You do a great job keeping true to the list of what should check CAP 22, but I'd like to see some calcs that show important hits that CAP 22 can survive, as well. The ST is also not enough to be guaranteed safe from defensive Tomohawk at all, which does raise an eyebrow considering how common it is in the metagame. Essentially, keep in mind that there's a good chance we want to switch into some of what we should threaten as well. Offensively, though, the justification appears to be spot-on.

Aubisio: Much like boxofkangaroos, I fear this spread may be too physically frail. Based on what it seems your spread aims to accomplish, seeing CAP 22 lose to the Colossoil's EQ + Sucker Punch and Weavile's Icicle Crash + Ice Shard is not ideal. Despite not mentioning Ice Shard, by looking at that 126 Speed stat, it appears Weavile is something you'd like CAP 22 to outspeed and hit; with your PT, CAP 22 is not switching into Weavile at all. Your ST, on the other hand, is deceptively strong, and several of the calcs you list stay true to the threat list. It's a start. Looking forward to your sweepiness justifications.

HeaLnDeaL: It's a very well-rounded spread. Props to you for taking entry hazards into account regarding your defensive calculations, and unlike with Aubisio's spread, it seems you don't intend for CAP 22 to switch into Weavile, so we handle it comfortably here. If there's something I'd like to see here, it'd be some more calcs for special sweepiness. There are plenty of not-specially-defensive threats besides Tomohawk and Keldeo that CAP 22 aims to beat, so some more calcs would help me better understand your Special Attack stat. Is 115 enough to handle some of the stuff that other people with similar SpA stats (such as boxofkangaroos) wish to take on? As for your point on Tornadus-T, it's one of those Regenerator mons that CAP 22 cannot beat on typing alone but is very resistant to Parting Shot. Other spreads aim to scare it with a 2HKO from Moonblast–as opposed to the Special Attack drop from Moonblast–while factoring in Stealth Rock support. I'd like to know why you believe CAP 22 should lose to it.

Korski: I had a feeling there was going to be at least one submitter that felt that AV Colossoil and Chansey are not as problematic as they're made out to be, which is definitely not a bad thing. By not having to run a Naive or Hasty nature on CAP 22, your spread is bulkier than it looks at first glance, and your calculations appear to hit the mark. The possibility of Choice Specs did raise an eyebrow, though, as being a purely special attacker turns this into a more viable choice. Choice Specs doesn't even lessen the ability to use Parting Shot that much, as Sylveon frequently ran Baton Pass on its Specs set back in the day, and Volkraken often uses U-turn on its Specs set today. Lowering the Speed to 120 makes it harder to take advantage of Specs, though being slower than Torn-T is something I'm a tad iffy about. Like HeaL, I'll be much more inclined to support this spread if you can explain why being slower than Torn-T is not a big problem.

Blackdrakon30: Your spread is quite similar to HeaL's spread, though with more Attack and less Special Defense. Looking at the calcs, though, it appears you're using a Timid nature with Close Combat. Still, somehow, the calcs you provided actually make this make sense and give your spread special bulk comparable to that of HeaL's. Check out the comments I left on his; pretty much everything applies to yours as well. I still can't help but scratch my head at making an Attack-lowering nature work alongside Close Combat, though it makes sense on paper here...

That should be all of them. I'd like to leave this open for about 3-4 more days.

180 Atk Pangoro Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 204-242 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
180 Atk Pangoro Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 324-384 (79.6 - 94.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Deck Knight these calcs do not factor in Life Orb, which you factored in for every other offensive calc. You may want to fix that if this is not intentional.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Final submission:

I thought about CAP22 speed and i have come (also thanks to Snobalt for the advices) to a conclusion that i must to change the stats. That's because Tornadus-T is not pokémon that must threat him and Cawmodore should check him only with Bullet Punch.
So these are the new stats:

80 HP / 85 Atk / 90 Def / 125 SpA / 83 SpD / 122 Spe (585 BST)

Stat Explanation:

I raised CAP22 speed from 112 to 122 because, I have not considered enough two pokémon: Cawmodore and Tornadus-T.
The first must check CAP22 only through priority move and being faster than him, will never force the opponent to click Bullet Punch.
The second is pratically a counter specially with the assult vest set:

252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Moonblast vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 140-165 (43.3 - 51%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
160 SpA Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 332-392 (110.2 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So CAP22 needs at least a chance to use Parting Shot against him.

Also I reduced the Atk becuase is not important, only Chansey is really threatened from only Close Combat and I raised its physical bulk since, before, it was a little bit frail.

PT: 130.4505 (80 HP / 90 Def)

These stat allow CAP22 to be checked from priority moves:

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 204-240 (67.7 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 264-312 (87.7 - 103.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Cawmodore Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 116-138 (38.5 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 130-154 (43.1 - 51.1%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 212-252 (70.4 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 218-258 (72.4 - 85.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But preserving anyway a good physical bulk:

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 200-236 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 184-217 (61.1 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 178-211 (59.1 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 150-177 (49.8 - 58.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
252 Atk Syclant Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 124-147 (41.1 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Lucario: 187-222 (62.1 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ST: 122.7631 (80 HP / 83 SpD)

SpD is remained pratically the same becuase CAP22 needs to be easily killed from special Fire and Poison moves:

252 SpA Life Orb Technician Stratagem Hidden Power Poison vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 281-333 (93.3 - 110.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
0 SpA Plasmanta Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 288-338 (95.6 - 112.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 237-280 (78.7 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mollux Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 348-410 (115.6 - 136.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 200-236 (66.4 - 78.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario in Sun: 301-355 (100 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
248 SpA Gengar Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 342-404 (113.6 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 270-318 (89.7 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Volcanion Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 211-249 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Volcanion Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 242-286 (80.3 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

But is enough to survive from some non-attacker/low SpA pokémon like Tomohawk or Mega Sableye:

0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 236-282 (78.4 - 93.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Pyroak Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 108-127 (35.8 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 127-150 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 141-166 (46.8 - 55.1%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 160-190 (53.1 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Lucario: 144-171 (47.8 - 56.8%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 99-117 (32.8 - 38.8%) -- 99.3% chance to 3HKO
+1 0 SpA Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Lucario: 147-174 (48.8 - 57.8%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO

PS: 140.0155 (85 Atk / 122 Spe)

Despite the Atk reduction, CAP22 can threat some low-defense pokémon like Heatran and others that can't safely switch in:

4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 283-335 (73.3 - 86.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 192 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 593-702 (185.8 - 220%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 198-237 (56.2 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 296-351 (73 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 80+ Def Tyranitar: 458-546 (113.6 - 135.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Weavile: 832-988 (296 - 351.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Syclant: 199-234 (70.8 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Stratagem: 416-494 (129.5 - 153.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 351-413 (86.2 - 101.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Voodoom: 354-421 (109.9 - 130.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Malaconda: 445-525 (102.5 - 120.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cawmodore: 118-140 (48.7 - 57.8%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO
4 Atk Life Orb Lucario Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 177-211 (51.7 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

SS: 217.0307 (125 SpA / 122 Spe)

With this stats, CAP22 can OHKO or 2HKO every target we need to threat:

252 SpA Lucario Focus Blast vs. 192 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Bisharp: 684-808 (214.4 - 253.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sableye: 351-413 (115.4 - 135.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 144+ SpD Mega Sableye: 281-330 (92.4 - 108.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 180 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 432-508 (107.1 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 876-1032 (311.7 - 367.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 176 SpD Assault Vest Colossoil: 351-413 (86.2 - 101.4%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 348-410 (83.4 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Moonblast vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 315-374 (98.7 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 408-480 (97.1 - 114.2%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Malaconda: 237-281 (54.6 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 12 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 458-540 (173.4 - 204.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 330-390 (102.1 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Medicham: 348-410 (133.3 - 157%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Revenankh: 204-242 (53.1 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 200 HP / 88 SpD Arghonaut: 276-326 (68.8 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Lucario Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tomohawk: 366-432 (88.4 - 104.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 253-300 (104.9 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 180 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 432-508 (107.1 - 126%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Focus Blast vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Stratagem: 338-402 (105.2 - 125.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 188+ SpD Heatran: 361-429 (93.5 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Klefki: 196-231 (61.6 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Lucario Focus Blast vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 416-492 (132.9 - 157.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 377-447 (107.1 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Lucario Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Excadrill: 540-636 (149.5 - 176.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Scizor: 250-294 (88.9 - 104.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 224-265 (67 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Naviathan: 471-556 (114.8 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Quagsire: 351-413 (89 - 104.8%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 112 SpD Hippowdon: 282-333 (67.1 - 79.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Lucario Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 230-270 (58.3 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

BSR: 337.10041

Set used:

CAP 22 @ Life Orb / Leftovers
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty / Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Close Combat
- Parting Shot

Last edited:

Empress

New WIP:

I thought about CAP22 speed and i have come (also thanks to Snobalt ) to a conclusion that i must to change the stats. That's because Tornadus-T is not pokémon that must threat him and Cawmodore should check him only with Bullet Punch.
So these are the new stats:

80 HP / 85 Atk / 90 Def / 120 SpA / 88 SpD / 122 Spe (585 BST)

Stats explanations soon...
I didn't say that you HAD to do that. I asked you to provide a reason why you believed 112 Speed was viable despite missing those benchmarks. Check out what Alfalfa did and see if you can provide similar justification. I'm not forcing you to go to 122 Speed.

HP 150
ATK 80
DEF 65
SPA 110
SPD 50
SPE 110
BST 580

PT 149
ST 120
PS 131
SS 181

252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 0 Def CAP: 312-368 (61.9 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 4 HP / 0 Def CAP: 312-368 (70.5 - 83.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA CAP Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 142-168 (41.6 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA CAP Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 176-208 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA CAP Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 141-166 (41.3 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA CAP Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jirachi: 175-207 (51.3 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Kitsunoh Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 0 Def CAP: 356-420 (70.6 - 83.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Kitsunoh Meteor Mash vs. 4 HP / 0 Def CAP: 356-420 (80.5 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA CAP Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kitsunoh: 170-202 (56.4 - 67.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA CAP Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kitsunoh: 212-250 (70.4 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA CAP Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4+ SpD Mollux: 61-72 (18.4 - 21.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA CAP Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4+ SpD Mollux: 76-90 (22.9 - 27.1%) -- possible 5HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Mollux Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD CAP: 542-638 (107.5 - 126.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mollux Sludge Wave vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD CAP: 542-638 (122.6 - 144.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA CAP Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sableye: 164-194 (53.9 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA CAP Moonblast vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sableye: 134-158 (44 - 51.9%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD CAP: 195-231 (44.1 - 52.2%) -- 16.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Mega Sableye Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD CAP: 195-231 (38.6 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def CAP: 117-138 (26.4 - 31.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
4 SpA CAP Aura Sphere vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 508-600 (187.4 - 221.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Deck Knight

Deck Knight these calcs do not factor in Life Orb, which you factored in for every other offensive calc. You may want to fix that if this is not intentional.
I provided those calcs beneath the Life Orb calcs on the very likely possibility CAP22 would predict a Colossoil Knock Off and switch in because of its pitiful damage. It's why the mixed set can still 2HKO Soil with Drain Punch of you choose to go that route. However, Chansey and most of the other targets don't run Knock Off (or if they do have it, don't use it with nearly the same frequency as Colossoil), so it didn't seem necessary to split out a calculation for that scenario.

EDIT: One other thing on stats is that while I might have considered inflating the defenses a little bit more, it still wouldn't paint a realistic scenario. Even with slightly more special bulk, the likelihood is that a bulky mon is going to switch in on a LO attack and will be facing CAP at 90% health, which is part of the reason for 84 Base HP because at least that's 9HP of padding instead of 1 or 3. While it *can* survive Air Slash from full health, defensive Tomohawk can either a) invest more SpA EVs, b) run Modest instead of Bold, or c) run Hurricane instead of Air Slash, and unless I inflate the spread to psuedo-legendary level stats there's no way to effect change on that. I also don't like the aesthetics of that idea much, right now the spread shares its BST with Krillowatt which seems to me a perfectly reasonable benchmark. TL;DR If you are switching CAP into Hawk it's because you are absolutely certain it's not going to hit the Flying STAB button that turn. The same applies for most of the passive Pokemon, except for Hippowdon where CAP can take its Earthquakes and fight back.

And those factors don't just apply to my spread. In realistic terms unless a calculation is maxing out at 83.9% or less damage, 1 turn of Life Orb recoil + 1 instance of Stealth Rock damage on CAP22's side of the field will result in CAP22 being KO'd.

Last edited:
Blackdrakon30: Your spread is quite similar to HeaL's spread, though with more Attack and less Special Defense. Looking at the calcs, though, it appears you're using a Timid nature with Close Combat. Still, somehow, the calcs you provided actually make this make sense and give your spread special bulk comparable to that of HeaL's. Check out the comments I left on his; pretty much everything applies to yours as well. I still can't help but scratch my head at making an Attack-lowering nature work alongside Close Combat, though it makes sense on paper here...
I really just went for a Timid nature in the calcs because it allows you to use the coverage without really sacrificing Special Attacking capabilities much. I did notice that my spread was similar to HeaLnDeaL's; they both have similar objectives and I just had slightly different thoughts with my bulk distribution.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
I didn't say that you HAD to do that. I asked you to provide a reason why you believed 112 Speed was viable despite missing those benchmarks. Check out what Alfalfa did and see if you can provide similar justification. I'm not forcing you to go to 122 Speed.
Don't worry, I reached this conclusion on my own for the simple reason that I can't find a justification for letting CAP22 being outspeed by Tornadus-T. I was concentrated too much on both attacks, when physical is not so much necessary (only Chansey and AV colossoil are really threatened from only CC), making CAP 22 too weak to general attacks.
Also I was already thinking to change its stats, you only changed my objectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)