BW: bluri vs Jayde
DPP: Fakes vs BKC
ADV: jira vs Tesung
GSC: Conflict vs IFM
RBY: Bedschibaer vs Tobes
east :))))))))))

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
ORAS: xray vs -Tsunami- => both are very solid players, but xray is in a very good shape atm.
ORAS: Get This Money vs Bro Fist => amazing performance in semis, he definitely has the edge
ORAS: cosine180 vs FlamingVictini => cosine is a monster, but FV is a player that can easily take advantage of cosine's teambuilding patterns.
ORAS: Steve Angello vs TDK => Shark attack. Steve just cannot go 0-5.
ORAS: Quaggster vs Stathakis => Quaggster is doing a great job so far (4-1), but I think Stath will take this one
BW: bluri vs Jayde => Close one, they are both players with good records so far that have been playing well.
DPP: Fakes vs BKC => The second best game in the series. The game will be decided by small details.
ADV: jira vs Tesung => Another good battle. I think jira is better at ADV and he will take this one.
GSC: Conflict vs IFM => Both are probably in the top 5 of GSCers. I think Conflict has the edge. The teambuilding choice by IFM will be key. I wanted to destroy Conflict again in a wcop GSC game again tho :(
RBY: Bedschibaer vs Tobes => Tobes is doing really well in this Wcop, defeating monsters like Crystal_

Also I will probably post in the next days some of my best old gens teams since this has been probably my last smogon tournament (I might return in SPL but I still dont know).

Gl to both teams again.

Last edited:
DPP: Fakes vs BKC - This should be one to look out for. Fakes has had a nice run in classic and having played him in ADV his decision-making is on point. Given that DPP is his main tier I'd expect even higher play from him here. BKC plays a read heavy game and can often gain too much ground over you early on. I'm told his DPP is even better than his ADV as well. This will come down to whatever the conditioning status from each player's preparation against eachother is since that will be a deciding factor of the team matchups.

ADV: jira vs Tesung - I recognise jira from nb and he was seen as a veteran ADV player even for someone that started in 2005-2006 like me. He's seen the metagame go through all the phases of its cycle and thus knows how to play most scenarios. Tesung on the other hand is a newcomer to the metagame. Despite that, Tesung has many speeds and gears, makes timely reads and prepares well for his games. I'll go with Tesung on this one as he seems polished and I am not aware of how on point jira is in today's metagame.

GSC: Conflict vs IFM - Conflict seems to be on top of everything happening around GSC, meaning he knows all the teams played in the last year or so and what everyone used in WCOP/SPL. He shows long term planning and discipline in his games and he also appreciates when he misplays meaning he's in a constant state of improvement. IFM had a good showing so far and managed to pull through some tough games. He'll have to work overtime during the preparation stage on this one.

ORAS: Quaggster vs Stathakis - Wins if he doesn't run hydro pump on his team.

Last edited:
Rooting for Steve Angello and PDC to win their games #HaxerosSinFronteras

Anyways, my predict is USA East winning this. European teams always get jinxed in wcop finals.

1.) Germany (6) vs. 6.) US East (4)

ORAS: xray vs -Tsunami-
ORAS: Get This Money vs Bro Fist
ORAS: cosine180 vs FlamingVictini
ORAS: Steve Angello vs TDK
ORAS: Quaggster vs Stathakis

Foggi

Banned deucer.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
1.) Germany (6) vs. 6.) US East (4)

This is a very close series and will probably go to tiebreak.

Go Germany!!

1.) Germany (0) vs. 6.) US East (0)

tie break: Germany

Good luck to both teams :D its hard to pick which team I want to see win :]

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
1.) Germany (4-5) vs. 6.) US East (5-6)

ORAS: cosine180 vs FlamingVictini - Cool matchup. Cosine is a monodimensional player but he's really solid, and his consistency in oras since last year is a good attestation of it. On the other hand, FV is a versatile builder and he proved he can play. This matchup will prolly come down on both players' preparation, especially FV's. Also, if Cosine gets away from his building habits, it can rly increase his odds given he's confident enough with his squad. I'd go with cosine because I want a tiebreak but I can't predict against my fellow wolfpack friend FV, esp after beating a hard stall with a fkn Cobalion in semis :heart:

BW: bluri vs Jayde - bluri LOOOL :DDDDD

DPP: Fakes vs BKC - On paper, BKC has the advantage but it can go either way depending on his mental during the match. His flaw is that, while he can read you like a book, there's periods where he can tilt easily. If he manages to keep a cool head then he has the edge given he doesnt bring something too passive. He has a cool record so far so chances are that he'll be on the right mindset.

If there's a tiebreak, i think that Germany will chose GSC, East ADV (or even DPP). With that configuration, East has a slight edge in ADV/ORAS but those eventual matchups should be close af.
All in all, those matchups are really stacked, if shit doesnt happen it should be a great final between two strong teams!

1.) Germany (3) vs. 6.) US East (7)

DPP: Fakes vs BKC-fucking amazing
GSC: Conflict vs IFM-Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)