ORAS UU Beedrei Volt-Turn

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Beedrei Volt-Turn
Thought Process

I started off with this core as Beedrill beats the fairies Hydreigon loathes while Hydreigon beats the psychics that beat Beedrill. They also both have U-turn so I wanted to build a Volt-Turn team around them.

I then added Cobalion to get a ice type check and it also has access to Volt-Switch, It also works as a knock off switch-in. It also works as a secondary way to beat fairies.

So then I added Helioptile as a reliable way to take care of waters and flying types. It also gets Volt-Switch so that was gonna be my last Volt-Turn user on my team.

I then added Froslass as it easily gets up atlas 1 layer of spikes every match which is very useful as Volt-Turn teams force a lot of switches. It also works as a anti lead as it gets access to Taunt and Destiny Bond.

So I also needed hazard control as hazards beat this team because it is quite reliant on switching. Empoleon also learns Stealth Rocks which I needed, as well as a water bulky water resist.

I then changed Rotom-H for Helioptile and I changed Gardevoir for Cobalion as my team up until that point was super weak to Fighting and Ground types. while I did lose a Volt-Switcher I believe its worth it.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Protect
- Knock Off
The mega and fairy killer of this team, this is arguably the best U-turner in the tier at this moment. I ran the standard smogon set.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- U-turn
Psychic immunity, ground immunity and scarfer I chose to run Flamethrower over Fire Blast as I didn't want to miss but if you want the extra power then you can run it.

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
The cleric and main fighting resist of the team. I chose to use Heal Bell as a T-wave or Will-O-Wisp could pretty much render Beedrill or Hydreigon useless. I also wanted Wishtect to give my team a little bit of longevity.

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 192 HP / 188 SpA / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick
Second ground immunity and the way to deal with Water types. I chose Specs as it does so much damage and I can add trick to make a physical attacker much easier to control. It can also beat last mon setup sweepers.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
Spiker of the team. This is usually my lead as it can taunt other mons that try to Stealth Rock then proceed to Destiny bond or put up a layer of Spikes.

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Rocker and Hazard control. Volt-Turn teams almost always need hazard control as they switch a lot and Stealth Rocks is mandatory for any team accept extreme Hyper Offense.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Protect
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 192 HP / 188 SpA / 128 SpD
Calm Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Torrent
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey! This is a pretty cool team you've got going, but it could use some adjustments. I've got a few suggestions to help you improve it.

• Frosslass is a really awkward fit on this team as you're not playing Hyper Offense and are in no need for a Suicide Lead. This is the most expendable member on the team right now. Looking at the glaring weakness to Cobalion and the fact that your team lacks a solid switch into Fire-types such as Entei, I suggest replacing Froslass with CM Slowking. This change benefits your team in various ways. Firstly, it patches up the aforementioned large weaknesses to mons such as Cobalion and Entei. CM Slowking gives your team another bulky mon to pivot into, which VolTurn teams will appreciate. Access to Regenerator as an ability makes it all the better. Slowking also offers your team a setup sweeper / win condition, something that it currently lacks. Lastly, it offers your team a counter to Mega Aerodactyl, which your team will heavily struggle with otherwise. Here's the set:

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off​

• Now that you have a new and more solid Fighting-check, there isn't as much pressure on Gardevoir's slot. I suggest replacing Gardevoir with Specs Sylveon. This change gives your team another fantastic Wallbreaker that can also add onto the VolTurn concept with Baton Pass. Sylveon is able to dedicate one of its moveslots to Hyper Beam, which would give your team an easier time muscling past certain walls that it may otherwise struggle with, such as Snorlax. It can also dedicate its final slot to a move like Heal Bell, which may be really useful in crucial situations such as needing to cure Slowking of its status so that it can pull off a lategame sweep. Alternatively, you could dedicate that slot to Quick Attack if you would prefer to have priority move on the team, although quite weak. Here's the set:

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell / Quick Attack​

• The last mon change that I have to suggest is swapping Rotom-H back for Heliolisk. Your reasoning for replacing Heliolisk wasn't very strong to begin with seeing as Rotom-H kind of struggles against common Ground-types such as Swampert and Krookodile. You already have a Ground-immunity in Hydreigon anyway, which also has a much better matchup against the common Ground-types. On the other hand, Heliolisk offers your team something invaluable in a Scald switch-in. Without Heliolisk, your team very much struggles against Bulky Waters such as Suicune. Heliolisk also provides more speed for your team and has some neat coverage options. Surf would hit Krookodile harder and hit the Nidos super effectively, while Grass Knot is good to help get past Swampert more easily. I would run a Life Orb because you don't want too many mons that are locked into a move because of their Choice item. Here's the set:

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Surf​

• Lastly, I would replace Shuca Berry with Leftovers on Empoleon. A Shuca Berry mostly benefits Offensive Empoleons, who tend to run Ice Beam and Grass Knot. With your current Empoleon set, which I believe is better for the team, the passive recovery that Leftovers provide is much more useful.

I hope this helped, and best of luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)