Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Quick tip for Rhyperior, Whimsicott is a disruption so bring it. Disruptions includ Freezing the lower and middle spots, and spawning some blocks.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wait, let me get this straight, if I activate Ground forces(that has been skill boosted), then any Pokémon in the combo that has a damage boosting ability will activate their ability while in the combo?! That's Bullshit!
Yeah that's pretty much all there is to it, but the ability must be levelled and deal more DMG as it levels up. It's a really nasty exploit that I am surprised has not been patched yet, if it gets patched at all. Not that I am in a position to complain about it considering how much I have abused it.

Quick tip for Rhyperior, Whimsicott is a disruption so bring it. Disruptions includ Freezing the lower and middle spots, and spawning some blocks.
A set of disruptions that can also be removed by Mega Glalie since they are in a V-Shape.

Also:

This is precisely why Ground Forces + Levelled Risk Taker / Opportunist is broken.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Smogon is ALWAYS competitive ahahah :D
Great Job, random !

No Pokemon disruptions ? No Magmortar/Raikou/Nidoking like ?
The stage is a carbon copy of the previous time this competition was played, but with fast match. Only disruptions are blocks and rocks, but the blocks can be averted with DD.

Thanks !
So I use my Skill Swapper on both Donphan / Phanpy and all my RML on them (5 on Phanpy and only 1 on Donphan) ... and try to outplay you :)

It will be difficult my Risk Taker is only level 3 (I will level up him to 4 this week) and I generally suck at playing so fast :D

EDIT : I'm DUMB ! Phanpy Po4+ is cool, but Opportunist was so much better, why did I use my last SS on him ! This one was for Suicune ! :( (We will have more SS soon I know it ^^)

Last edited:
Ugh, so I've been boosting both bellossom and Landorus together, and it's hell.
Bellossom is 1/3rd the way to level 4 but RNGesus is being a dick: 2 psbs in 25 runs so far.
Landorus is 1/4th the way to level 5 and the coin drain is real. I think it took 10k for me to get 12 psbs...
7 days is not enough for this...
On a similar note, I beat MScizor yesterday! Full item run, with Mega ray, and generic pyre team and I S ranked it!
UPDATE
Right, so bellossom is level 4, which is a good place to stop, Lando is max skilled and I'm slowly creeping my way back to 80k.
Also, my score of 87k is holding steady above 5k ranking at the moment, so I don't think I need another run at Mega Manetric...
Pretty good week overall.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Don't forget that we have some of the events ending today, most importantly the M-Manectric competition if you still haven't submitted your score.
Hoopa, Regigigas, Landorus-T (PSB drops), Bellosom (PSB drops), Azelf (PSB drops) and the winking safari also finish today.

I managed to get my Bellosom's Mind Zap to lvl4, Landorus' Risk Taker to lvl4 and Palkia's BB+ to lvl2 which is good enough I guess, decided to use a couple of the skill boosters I got from eevee because I didn't feel like spending another 30k to get more PSBs.
I also scored above 90k on my first try of the competition, it was hilarious seeing landorus scoring over 5k on a single risk-taker activation so I should get the top prize. Now I'm back to meowth and hopefully be ready for the upcoming new stages.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Main Stages ~ Blau Salon (Mega Tyranitar, Hoopa-Unbound, Repeats drop PSB's)
Expert Stages (Electrode)
Mega Speedup slot increases for Mega Slowbro, Ampharos, Heracross, Sableye, Mawile, Altaria, Banette, Diancie

Returning Content
Mesprit Safari (Drops Exp. Boosters)
Landorus-I (Once a Day, Drops PSB's Mega Speedups)
Zygarde 10% (Drops PSB's)
Cresselia EB
Wobbuffet
Special Shop, now with Superior Catch Rates and increased item drop rates! Three rounds of one week time periods.

Future Content
Mega Steelix (Bring Entei, Same prize tiers as Mega Manectric, Turn-Based)
Entei (Drops PSB's, RML's?)
Ash-Greninja (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #3 (Drops Coins)
Reshiram (Drops PSB's, Bring Milotic and Tyranitar)
Jirachi (Once a Day)

Main Stages
Tynamo: Base 40 Electric-type w/ Stabilise
Squirtle: You already have it?
Phanpy: You already have it?
Eelektrik: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Paralysis Combo
Seel: Base 50 Water-type w/ Freeze
Charmander: You already have it?
Chikorita: Base 50 Grass-type w/ Rock Break+
Dewgong: Base 60 Water-type w/ Hitting Streak
Donphan: You already have it?
Eelektross: Base 70 Electric-type w/ Hyper Punch
Wartortle: You already have it?
Geodude: Base 50 Rock-type w/ Quake
Charmeleon: You already have it?
Bayleef: Base 60 Grass-type w/ T-Boost
Graveler: Base 60 Rock-type w/ Rockify
Eevee: You already have it?
Snorunt: You already have it?
Espurr: You already have it?
Gulpin: You already have it?
Mega Tyranitar: 30 Icons, 15 Speedups, Erases Pokémon and disruptions around three spots you tap.
Frillish-M: Base 50 Ghost-type w/ Barrier Bash
Hawlucha: You already have it?
Umbreon: You already have it?
Bulbasaur: You already have it?
Poliwag: Base 50 Water-type w/ Cheer
Cyndaquil: Base 50 Fire-type w/ Rock Break+
Glalie: You already have it?
Meowstic-M: You already have it?
Swalot: You already have it?
Jellicent-M: Base 60 Ghost-type w/ Prank
Meowstic-F: You already have it?
Slakoth: Base 40 Normal-type w/ Mind Zap
Totodile: Base 50 Water-type w/ Rock Break+
Pidgey: You already have it?
Venipede: Base 30 Bug-type w/ Counterattack
Ivysaur: You already have it?
Croconaw: Base 60 Water-type w/ +-Boost
Minccino: You already have it?
Whirlipede: Base 50 Bug-type w/ Hitting Streak
Vigoroth: Base 60 Normal-type w/ Relentless
Espeon: You already have it?
Voltorb: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Mega Boost+
Pidgeotto: You already have it?
Scolipede: Base 60 Bug-type w/ Power of 4+
Cinccino: You already have it?
Audino: You already have it?
Poliwhirl: Base 50 Water-type w/ Sleep Combo
Quilava: Base 60 Fire-type w/ L-Boost
Pidgeot: You already have it?
Hoopa-Unbound: Base 90 Dark-type w/ Risk-Taker

Expert Stages
Poliwrath (430 S-Ranks): Base 70 Water-type w/ Eject+
Electrode (450 S-Ranks): Base 60 Electric-type w/ Rock Break++

Cresselia EB Prizes
Prize for first beating level 5: 1 Moves +5
Prize for first beating level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 30: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Skill Swapper
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Raise Max Level
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Raise Max Level

All done. RIP Sableye, 2015-2016. At least I can use it with Hoopa-U, but... :(

Came 10th overall in the Mega Manectric competition. Whee!

Last edited:
Congratz Random, Ranked 800th, so I get the top prize !
Mega Tyranitar is level 420 and there are a lot of repeats of early stages (Squirtle, Phanpy etc...) with a lot of PSB droppable

Just a reminder to those running Cresselia. Darkrai's Sleep Charm works on Psychic types, so Cresselia can be put to sleep. Might come in handy for a boss level or something.

Apparently, a few stages have been nerfed. Don't know by how much, but here's a list:
#120: Mega Glalie
#135: Mega Gengar
#150: Mega Mewtwo Y
#195: Doublade
#210: Mega Heracross
#216: Gothorita
#220: Vivillon
#228: Gothitelle
#229: Sliggoo
#238: Gardevoir
#240: Mega Medicham
#249: Aromatisse
#250: Roserade
#259: Exploud
(This is the source: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/poketoru/news/post.php/325/)
Can anybody confirm this?

A prayer for all the coins lossed in these stages .... Roserade was probably the worst ... ? Goth line too ... And I remember one year and half, when I try Mega Glalie / Gengar for the first time

3DS only gets "unlimited play for an hour" and "10 hearts for 24 hours". Boo.

For the new Pokémon, if you can pull off an S rank most of them will be guaranteed with Great Balls. But that HoopaU stage (28k in 20 moves with a forced Regigigas) is going to be vicious.

I have an account fiasco at the moment. Waiting for a non generic email response from support.... Best case scenario, I lose 1-3 msu and steelixite. Worst case scenario, I have to start all over again....
I actually did start all over for the lulz, gonna take on Mmawile with mega lucario + generic pyre team...

Word of warning for Hoopa Unbound: it's a jerk.

Regigigas as a forced 5th Support, and spams a lot of Metal for Disruptions. Go full items to S-Rank it (mercifully the cut-off is 6 moves), and make sure you have a lot of coins for Great Balls.

Hoopa's catch rate is 8% + 5% per move, so even optimistically you're looking at a 56% Catch rate on an S-Rank run without Super Catch Power. You don't want this thing escaping, or you'll have to pony up for a full item run again. I think it cost me a total of 60k coins to catch this thing because it ran the first time I S-Ranked it. All I got left is Electrode and Poliwrath Experts, but I'm not touching those until I stockpile more coins.

Caught Jirachi... Woo-hoo...
Still no word from Support... I've even beaten Mega heracross on this new account...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
How can you get so far so fast? I'm completely stuck on the Fennekin stage or something strange that I just can't beat.

In other news, still no Cresselia from the esclation battles (now at battle 25, ball hasn't even rocked once barely). Game is just not fun anymore, I cannot make any progress without spending 2789473892748392 years grinding which I cannot be bothered to do.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
1000 Coins and some other items across the week
Meganium (Bring Torchic)

Returning Content
Mew (Drops PSB's)
Kyogre (Drops PSB's)
Garchomp Safari (Exp. Booster drops)
Zygarde EB (Lv250 and Lv300 have been altered)
Thundurus-Incarnate (No Hearts to play, Once a Day, drops Mega Speedups)
Carnivine

Future Content
Mega Garchomp (Fast Match, Skill Swapper Tier 1, Mega Speedup Tier 2)
Suicune (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Typhlosion
Daily Pokémon #4 (Drops Coins)
Lugia (Drops PSB's)

Challenges
Meganium: Base 70 Grass-type w/ Stabilise+.
Typhlosion: Base 70 Fire-type w/ Hyper Punch.

Escalation Prizes
Lv5: 1000 Coins
Lv10: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv30: 1× Moves +5
Lv40: 1× Mega Start
Lv50: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv60: 1000 Coins
Lv70: 1× Disruption Delay
Lv80: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv90: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv100: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv125: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv150: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv160: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv180: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv200: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv225: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv250: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv300: 2× Raise Max Level

All done. Also the Combo Ability + Skill Booster ability bug got patched. RIP me. :(

As for my two weeks:
Did any% all main stages. Shoutouts Espurr for bad RNG making me use many hearts to progress. Shoutouts Hoopa-U for making me do three full item runs to catch (plus six great balls total). x_x
Completed the Cresselia EB. 161 to 199 was hell but I managed without items (except anger skips). Team was Mega Tyranitar (8/15) / Darkrai / Sableye (SL3) / Hoopa-U (SL3). All abilities were critical and even then, lol RNG hell.
Got 69k in Mega Steelix competition for 92nd place, enough for a top tier prize. Used a Mega Blaziken team.
Got Entei's Rock Break+ to SL3. Managed to get two RML drops in the process, making a bit of a mockery of my many hearts getting through Cresselia 161 to 199.

Last edited:
Meganium is Base 70 with Stabilize+. Catch Rate is 13% plus 3% per move.

Zygarde 50% disrupts with itself in early levels, I expect it to disrupt with itself or 10% on later ones. Debating how far I'll run this one since I S-Ranked everything and mostly have catching main stages to do.

Minor note: Thundurus doesn't cost a heart. Disrupts with blocks so bring Golurk for Block Smash.

why does staryus catch rate have to be so low? I've had everything else from the safari since yesterday. at least i get 600 coins every time it breaks out of the ball...

this is the first time i'm attempting to go all the way on an escalation battle. i usually stop at 100. man after level 280 it's pretty difficult. i have to use attack power or risk wasting a heart. team is mega latios / dragonite / zygarde / haxorus. currently at 285 and counting.

in other news, got a thundurus psb every day so far. my reshiram is up to skill level 3, don't know if i should bother any more. in several games i have yet to get a greninja psb; giving up on that. still many days to work on kyogre but i have it up to skill level 2.

as for safari, wasted like 20 hearts so far and haven't found phione. already caught everything else from last time. if i get it then i can start playing mew.

edit: level 300 wasn't too bad. you just have to get it almost done before the disruption kicks in.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)