ORAS Ubers ღ marquise diamond.

Hi everyone! It has been a year since I joined this community and I would like to celebrate it by sharing one of my favorite teams.This team is a balance because it's my favorite playstyle and also it is very fun to use. In my opinion, this is the best playstyle because it allows you to make some agressive plays and double switching with relative ease mostly because there is an equilibrium between attack and defense that avoids you to throw the battle because of a misspredict. All in all, this is my team. I hope you enjoy it!

The first goal I had, when building this team, was to do it around a mega or some specific core. At the end, I decided to create a blance team around a mega and I chose Mega Diancie mostly because I didn't have a team with it.

After completing my first goal, the next step was to choose a defensive core that could cover most of the common threats in the actual metagame and this one, definitely, has one of the best defensive synergies. Also, they have a good synergy with Diancie as that can cover its weaknesses, especially Bronzong.

Leaving the defense aside, I wanted some offensive pressure and given the fact that my rock setter was Bronzong I thought on using Sword Dance PDon to give my team a certain balance and so I could wait for the right time to sweep with it.

At the beginning, I had Xerneas as my second attacker. I really liked the idea of having dual fairy but after some testing with the team I noticed that it was so stressful to play against stall and other balance teams so I took out Xerneas and instead I put Kyogre. This pokemon is one of the best stall breakers of the metagame and I really liked the idea of having both primals on my team.

With all this in mind, I clearly noticed that my team was really weak against Arceus-Normal and that I needed a really solid answer for it. I chose Giratina-O because aside of being a check of Ekiller it is also of PDon. Unfortunately, my balance had 0 answers for threats like Mewtwo, Deoxys-A and even worse Arceus-Ghost, which was the worst pokemon that I could ever face, as a result I decided to put Yveltal instead of Giratina-O because it is a better answer to the aforementioned threats.

Princess (Diancie) @

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Unlike the standard set this Diancie is characterized by its EVs that allow it to survive a Thunder from Darkrai after one Nasty Plot and also its ability helps you to take advantage over HOs. I decided to use Heal Bell because the status spam is usually annoying. Diancie might find a time to act as a cleric against pokemon like Giratina, Klefki, Yveltal and some others.

Bronzong @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball

- Toxic

- Stealth Rock

- Protect

As we all know, Bronzong is an excellent check of Xerneas (thanks to its special defense) and a rock setter, also it is a good switch in against some threats like Diancie, Lugia, Latios/as. I chose Protect over Skill Swap because it helps you to handle in a better way Choice Band Ho-Oh alongside Arceus-Dragon and Kyogre; Protect also helps you to scout and to recover some HP. Levitate is such a great ability that sometimes gives me an edge over some Pokemon like PDon without a Fire Stab or Arceus-Ground.

Arceus-Dragon @

Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment
- Toxic

The defensive set of Arceus-Dragon takes advantage (mostly because of its defense) against pokemon like PDon, Mega Salamence, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh because unlike Arceus-Water this one can weaken the aforementioned threats with Judgment and Toxic.

Primal Groudon @

Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 172 Atk / 136 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades

- Fire Punch

- Rock Polish

- Swords Dance

As I have already metioned, PDon plays a very important role in my team, it is the wallbreaker but it can also work as a late game sweeper. Its EVs in HP and SDef help PDon to survive one draco meteor from Giratina/Latias and it can also take some damage from Xerneas once Geomancy is used. I consider that dual STAB, Fire Punch and Precipice Blades, works better in this team because Fire Punch offers accuracy and the slight possibility to burn, on the other hand, although PBlades might be not that accurate, it is important because the damage is stronger than with Earthquake. 'In spite of that, Earthquake can be a good second option.'

Kyogre @

Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Calm Mind

Calm Mind Primal Kyogre is one the best stallbreakerss and it can also take advantage of some balance teams that don't have any solid answer to it. You have to play very carefully with this pokemon because it usually doesn't do work on early game because it is kinda slow and for this reason you have to wait for the exact moment to reveal Calm Mind.

Yveltal @

Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt

- Roost

- Foul Play

- Sucker Punch

Ygod, as I have already said, helps a lot against Ekiller, Arceus-Ghost and even PDon, Deoxys-A and Mewtwo. This is the standard physical defensive set that works well in balance. Taunt is there to prevent any kind of boost, recovering, status against slower pokemons, especially in stall teams.

It is annoying to play against this pokemon because I don't have a good switch other than PDon and Yveltal.
Mix LO Rayquaza: It is also annoying, this set usually has Draco Meteor and because of that I can't sent Arceus-Dragon as an answer against LO Rayquaza unless I have already seen all its attacks.

I consider it a little bit stressful (especially when it has ice punch) but It can be played well around it.

Princess (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpD / 136 Spe
Calm Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Protect​

Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Recover
- Judgment
- Toxic

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 104 HP / 172 Atk / 136 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Calm Mind

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch​

~
Thanks to you all for reading, have a nice day!

Amazing art by NicoReaper
Thanks to Robert. for helping with my grammar.
(If you see any mistake pm me!)

Last edited:

Samqian

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Past WCoP Champion
Arii ^-^ Great team, as you mentioned, your team is a bit weak to life orb ray, and to fix this i would recommend running 56+ on arceus dragon, as it then can outspeed jolly ray. Have fun n_n

Hai Ariana, nice team, and thanks for the s/o :]
Since no one has given you a real rate, I thought I might as well.
First, I'll start nitpicking your threatlist a bit:

Ho-oh
Since your team is very slow, jolly ho-oh is able to outspeed every member on your team.
If it's banded then it could pose a huge problem, as it's able to 2HKO every pokemon on your team, not giving you any real switchins.

Xerneas
You might have the most common variants taken into account, I can see that.
The thing is, the team seems to have issues with, although not common, Hidden Power Fire, and Calm Mind Xerneas.

Darkrai
This mon is dealable with along as Diancie is at a decent amount of hp, but if it gets whittled enough, or finds an early grave, Darkrai will pose a real problem. For example if it is paired with Mega Gengar, and Diancie gets trapped, Darkrai becomes a nightmare.

Arceus-Ghost
If Arceus Ghost is paired with something to take care of Yveltal, or a potential dbond trapper like Mega Gengar, and it ever comes in on, for example diancie, it's basicly gg.

Okay, now let's start with the changes:

Primal Groudon
I think your set is cool, but I also feel like it's suboptimal.
I'd suggest going with Stone Edge > Fire Punch, or even Rock Slide if you're afraid of missing.
Apart from a lesser matchup vs opposing Bronzong, you don't lose much, while able to threaten out Ho-oh.
Rayquaza, another by threat to your team, as afore mentioned, will no longer be able to safely switch into Primal Groudon anymore, as it Rock Slide does 68% to 82%, almost giving you a 100% to OHKO after rocks.
Stone Edge does 92% to 108%, giving you a good chance to OHKO even without rocks, while Fire Punch only does a mere 30% on a max roll.

Arceus-Dragon
As Samqian mentioned before, running a +speed nature on Arceus-Dragon would help you patch up your Rayquaza weakness even more, as it outspeeds jolly max speed rayquaza by 2 points (you can put on in defense if you want).

These are the main points I would change.
Another possible change is using physical Primal Kyogre over Calm Mind Rest to help vs pokemon like Dialga, but I don't really know if that's the right thing to do with this team.
Since your team is rather slow, and has no priority, it struggles with setup, and strong physical hitters in general.
Although I like the team, I think the team relies a bit too much on Yveltal to tie up loose ends.
I feel like most forms of hyper offense would overload this team.
With that being said, I really don't see how to fix that, so we just have to take that for what it is.

Good luck with your team :]

Last edited:
Hai Ariana, nice team, and thanks for the s/o :]
Since no one has given you a real rate, I thought I might as well.
First, I'll start nitpicking your threatlist a bit:

Ho-oh
Since your team is very slow, jolly ho-oh is able to outspeed every member on your team.
If it's banded then it could pose a huge problem, as it's able to 2HKO every pokemon on your team, not giving you any real switchins.

Xerneas
You might have the most common variants taken into account, I can see that.
The thing is, the team seems to have issues with, although not common, Hidden Power Fire, and Calm Mind Xerneas.

Darkrai
This mon is dealable with along as Diancie is at a decent amount of hp, but if it gets whittled enough, or finds an early grave, Darkrai will pose a real problem. For example if it is paired with Mega Gengar, and Diancie gets trapped, Darkrai becomes a nightmare.

Arceus-Ghost
If Arceus Ghost is paired with something to take care of Yveltal, or a potential dbond trapper like Mega Gengar, and it ever comes in on, for example diancie, it's basicly gg.

Okay, now let's start with the changes:

Primal Groudon
I think your set is cool, but I also feel like it's suboptimal.
I'd suggest going with Stone Edge > Fire Punch, or even Rock Slide if you're afraid of missing.

Arceus-Dragon
As Samqian mentioned before, running a +speed nature on Arceus-Dragon would help you patch up your Rayquaza weakness even more, as it outspeeds jolly max speed rayquaza by 2 points (you can put on in defense if you want).
As I've already explained since I have Yveltal ( and 2 physical defensive mons) I don't consider Ghostceus a threat. Also, Mega Gengar doesn't win 1vs1 against Ygod because I have Taunt on it!
Those Xerneas variants are pretty rare in the actual metagame, Gyro Ball is a 4hko vs CM Xerneas btw.
I agree with Darkrai it could be a little bit dangerous but you can play around it Thunder can miss tho.

Anyway, I'll add more speed on Dragceus that sounds good (thx Samqi^~^) and Stone Edge is a really nice option.

Thanks for the rate, guys!

mags

Banned deucer.
After looking at this team a couple of times I realized mixed rp donner can setup on a couple of things and kinda just goo ham. Especially since pogre isnt sleep talk and diancie is lacking earth power. I've been thinking on how you could fix this and I have no clue,,, sleep talk on pogre and ep on diancie would definitely help but I don't know if you are willing to change these pokemons sets to gain utility just to cover this pdon set that is kinda rare. sleep talk on pogre could also help with darkrai but sadly most darkrai run thunder now as you probably know.

Samqian

I COULD BE BANNED!
is a Past WCoP Champion
Sleep Talk on kyogre would make her team especially weak to stall, but I think that Earth power is an option since diancie rarely gets the chance to use heal bell, so Earth Power would help.

Randomized.

Banned deucer.
konzern here,

i decided to create an acc just for the sole purpose of addressing this team as I think it's a good one. first off as evidenced in the replay I made an identical team with one set change back in 2015 altho this is a more recent replay (April 2016)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-361860732

while I'm not accusing you in stealing the team or w/e it just goes to show how much room for innovation in oras ubers there actually is. as for the actually flow of your team, it seems like para dance don is better for you overall as it adds insurance to the plethora of threats that are in ubers and acts as an emergency check to many things. this can help in cases where your zong is worn down from checking a multitude of attackers. you're team lacks real speed control and I find that you would benefit from running a timid diancie with 3 attacks and tect and running rest talk ogre. this way you're still ensured against rai will eliminating a thread you mention (ray), magsy identified rp mixed don as a threat to the team but it really is manageable with pogre as the lack of attack investment means you don't take much depending on your set. overall I can attest to the fact that the team is solid and grats on making the team showcase, albeit while this team may not be solely yours, you were the one who decided to post it thus you deserved credit for it. anyways good luck on pocl and hmu on po forums if you want teams or testing since most definitely this acc will b banned by tmrw morning. pce

konzern here,

i decided to create an acc just for the sole purpose of addressing this team as I think it's a good one. first off as evidenced in the replay I made an identical team with one set change back in 2015 altho this is a more recent replay (April 2016)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-361860732

while I'm not accusing you in stealing the team or w/e it just goes to show how much room for innovation in oras ubers there actually is. as for the actually flow of your team, it seems like para dance don is better for you overall as it adds insurance to the plethora of threats that are in ubers and acts as an emergency check to many things. this can help in cases where your zong is worn down from checking a multitude of attackers. you're team lacks real speed control and I find that you would benefit from running a timid diancie with 3 attacks and tect and running rest talk ogre. this way you're still ensured against rai will eliminating a thread you mention (ray), magsy identified rp mixed don as a threat to the team but it really is manageable with pogre as the lack of attack investment means you don't take much depending on your set. overall I can attest to the fact that the team is solid and grats on making the team showcase, albeit while this team may not be solely yours, you were the one who decided to post it thus you deserved credit for it. anyways good luck on pocl and hmu on po forums if you want teams or testing since most definitely this acc will b banned by tmrw morning. pce
Maybe we both did this team seperatly, might happen in ORAS Ubers since the tier been close to same for two years. :/
I built this team when I had to play vs ZoroarkForever for the Hispanic Premier League.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-143066
(March 2016) after some weeks I fixed my team and as I explained in my teambuilding process I had Xerneas but it was replaced by POgre.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-362422551 ~ spring seasonal r1.

I still don't know why you got banned btw lol, thx for the rate I guess!

Last edited:

hyw

Banned deucer.
Oh, Dios mío, mi amor, ¿cómo tenemos el mismo gusto musical?

De todos modos, usted es más elegante que Ariana Grande.

Su literatura es fabuloso, como siempre! Puedo ver varias mejoras en sus habilidades de construcción y escritura Inglés con este RMT. Mantener el buen trabajo, mi magdalena. ;)

Por favor ser mi esposa.

Con amor,
Henri

Lol at Konzern's "rate". Anyway. The main suggestion I'd like to make is to run 307 Speed on Arceus-Dragon, in order to outspeed Jolly Choice Banded Ho-Oh which is otherwise a pain for your team due to its speed and sheer power. You don't lose all that much bulk by doing this, actually. Here's some relevant calcs:

252 Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Arceus-Dragon: 195-229 (44 - 51.6%) -- 10.2% chance to 2HKO (you will get 2HKOed after SR and you won't even have the chance to Defog)
252 Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Arceus-Dragon: 204-241 (46 - 54.4%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO

As you can see, the actual difference is about 2% in real numbers and since Arceus-Dragon is your main answer to Brave Bird, the extra speed will come in handy. Adamant Ho-Oh has already a really high chance to 2HKO you anyway as seen here: 252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Arceus-Dragon: 211-250 (47.6 - 56.4%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Arceus-Dragon: 223-264 (50.3 - 59.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I put 248 EVs in HP to cut down some SR damage.

Overall great team! I like it!

Last edited:
Amigo, Excelente equipo y gracias por demostrar la capacidad de bronzong, realmente es un excelente pokemon el cual es infravalorado, si bien para que este en overused depende de popularidad, al menos debería estar en borderline por su potencial

Muy buen equipo :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)