ORAS OU Mega Charizard X Hyper Offense

I been playing Pokemon since I been 7 years old, and I always loved a good offense, so when I got into competitive battling I have tried for years to run a Hyper Offense team with little to no success, decided to go a traditional route with my team, but that got boring after a while, so I am here with attempt #2 at running a Hyper Offense Team.

Charizard-Mega-X (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Really nothing special here, basic mega Charizard X moveset with basic EVs. He's my big hitter on this team and this team is built around him and he can sweep anyone on their best day.

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird

Charizard's backup, have Max EV's in speed on him just to make him fast as possible and Swords Dance helps out alot even with having max EVS in Attack, he hits hard and he hits fast, and I can keep him nice and healthy with Roost.

Gyarados (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Taunt

The Wildcard on my team, always reliable because it is Gyarados, One DDance followed by an Outrage and alot of Pokemon are either KO'd or weakened for my other Mons to take them out.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Special Sweeper/Hazard Remover, just an overall monster that can hit anyone and anything hard. Normally save him for weakened Pokemon and use Rapid Spin to rid Hazards/Chip Damage on opponents.

Bisharp (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

My lead 10% of the time, love using Knock Off to get rid of the item/Sucker Punch to get first priority and get some good damage on opponents. Swords Dance with Iron Head are a great 1-2 combo that wil normally knock out any Pokemon that doesn't resist it. If I don't lead with him normally I'm saving him towards the middle of the match to get me through some walls.

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

My lead/Hazard Setup guy, He's so versatile and so fast that he just does not only a good lead job, he's also a good physical sweeper, been contemplating his moveset for a while but this is what I decided on and am Pretty happy with it if I am honest.

Suggestions? I am deadset on alot of the team but honestly I have been debating on Bisharp but not 100% sure if I wanna keep him or not.

Open to any and all suggestions, thank you

✧✧✧Hi, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

Great job on the team. It seems you've really given the team some thought, so I'll try my best to help out as best I can.
That said, let's get started; here are a few pointers about the team:
  • Irritated and crippled by Stall Teams.
  • Walled by dedicated bulky Pokemon e.g. Hippowdon and Rotom W.
  • Mega Manetric and Mega Diancie can potentially sweep the team (without either Zard-X or Starmie).
  • Vulnerable to opposing offensive pressure e.g. bird-spam, opposing dragons etc.
  • Badly weakened by the presence of Stealth Rock. Starmie will need to rapid often, prone to Pursuit trap.
Here are a few changes you might like:
[Replace Starmie's set]

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Psychic doesn't benefit the team much as your members can already beat fighting and poison type Pokemon. This Starmie set supports Charizard X by beating opposing Dragons and Ground-type Pokemon. A change in replacing Psychic with the infamous BoltBeam coverage allows it to KO every hazard remover in the game! This makes Charizard's job of sweeping much easier. Ice Beam also helps in beating Thundurus, Serperior and the Lati-twins etc.

[Replace Charizard-X's set]
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

This Charizard set is much bulkier than the set you were using. I recommend this set because it can take hits very well, which makes setting up Dragon Dance much easier (you can even set up on a defensive Rotom-W). I would also recommend a Jolly nature, this allows Charizard to out speed common Choice Scarf users such as Landorus-T and Excadrill. This offensive Charizard X set is the best there is IMHO. Please try it out, it's very good.

[Replace Gyarados]
Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Since your team is offensive, I will try to recommend offensive variants for each team. Here is an offensive variant of the typical bulky Rotom-W set. This set is fast, and with a Siturs Berry it will allow Rotom-W to cripple and counter opposing Bisharps and Volcanions head on! I recommend the Rotom-W and Landorus-T core to help provide a slow Volt-turn support. This will help you bring fragile members of the team safely into play.

[Replace Garchomp]
Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Since your team is offensive, I will try to recommend offensive variants for each team. Here is an offensive variant of the typical Landorus-T set. This set allows it to survive Ice type moves from the likes of Mega Manetric, Thundurus and Weavile; Landorus-T can then KO them with EQ or Stone Edge. I recommend the Rotom-W and Landorus-T core to help provide a slow Volt-turn support. This will help you bring fragile members of the team safely into play.

[Replace Bisharp]
Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

With its ability Regenerator, Tornadus doesn't care about Stealth Rock. This set works well by provide a special pivot that is capable of stopping powerful Pokemon such as Gengar. Thanks to Super Power Tornadus-T can KO Tyranitar, Heatran and other Pokemon that are vulnerable to fighting-type moves. I wouldn't recommend Heatwave because Charizard already packs all the fire power you'll ever need. Tornadus-T also has U-turn, this will aid you in maintaining momentum.

[Replace Talonflame's set]
Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt
- Bulk Up / Will-O-Wisp

Here is your stall breaker. We all know how annoying stall teams can be, without a stall breaker, most teams are helpless against stall. This Talonflame set is ideal for irritating stall teams by preventing them from using status moves, and therefor forcing them to only attack. Stall teams often have terrible offensive prowess to Talonflame can handle them. This Talonflame set can 1v1 Chansey, Mega Sableye etc. I recommend Bulk Up in order to KO many Mega Sableye. However Will-o-wisp can be used to cripple Talonflames checks (since you have Rotom-W, this isn't very important, so Bulk Up it is).

P.S: If you're not fond of the fast Rotom-W and offensive Landorus-T set, you could always try the defensive varients. However if this is the case, I recommend EQ Latios (the Yache Berry on Landorus-T can be replaced with Rocky Helmet). I hope these changes improve your team's performance :)

Note: Feel free to replace Rotom-W with Jirachi; in order to better handle fairies. Starmie can handle and KO Volcanion for the team.

Pro Tip #1: Try your best to always preserve Charizard X for the end of the match. With its checks weakened, this is when it really shines.
Pro Tip #2: Charizard X works best on offensive balance teams, it needs plenty of support from its teammates.

Last edited:
✧✧✧Hi, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

Great job on the team. It seems you've really given the team some thought, so I'll try my best to help out as best I can.
That said, let's get started; here are a few pointers about the team:
  • Irritated and crippled by Stall Teams.
  • Walled by dedicated bulky Pokemon e.g. Hippowdon and Rotom W.
  • Mega Manetric and Mega Diancie can potentially sweep the team (without either Zard-X or Starmie).
  • Vulnerable to opposing offensive pressure e.g. bird-spam, opposing dragons etc.
  • Badly weakened by the presence of Stealth Rock. Starmie will need to rapid often, prone to Pursuit trap.
Here are a few changes you might like:
[Replace Starmie's set]

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Psychic doesn't benefit the team much as your members can already beat fighting and poison type Pokemon. This Starmie set supports Charizard X by beating opposing Dragons and Ground-type Pokemon. A change in replacing Psychic with the infamous BoltBeam coverage allows it to KO every hazard remover in the game! This makes Charizard's job of sweeping much easier. Ice Beam also helps in beating Thundurus, Serperior and the Lati-twins etc.

[Replace Charizard-X's set]
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

This Charizard set is much bulkier than the set you were using. I recommend this set because it can take hits very well, which makes setting up Dragon Dance much easier (you can even set up on a defensive Rotom-W). I would also recommend a Jolly nature, this allows Charizard to out speed common Choice Scarf users such as Landorus-T and Excadrill. This offensive Charizard X set is the best there is IMHO. Please try it out, it's very good.

[Replace Gyarados]
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Since your team is offensive, I will try to recommend offensive variants for each team. Here is an offensive variant of the typical bulky Rotom-W set. This set is fast, and with a Siturs Berry it will allow Rotom-W to cripple and counter opposing Bisharps and Volcanions head on! I recommend the Rotom-W and Landorus-T core to help provide a slow Volt-turn support. This will help you bring fragile members of the team safely into play.

[Replace Garchomp]
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Since your team is offensive, I will try to recommend offensive variants for each team. Here is an offensive variant of the typical Landorus-T set. This set allows it to survive Ice type moves from the likes of Mega Manetric, Thundurus and Weavile; Landorus-T can then KO them with EQ or Stone Edge. I recommend the Rotom-W and Landorus-T core to help provide a slow Volt-turn support. This will help you bring fragile members of the team safely into play.

[Replace Bisharp]
Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Knock Off

With its ability Regenerator, Tornadus doesn't care about Stealth Rock. This set works well by provide a special pivot that is capable of stopping powerful Pokemon such as Gengar. Thanks to Super Power Tornadus-T can KO Tyranitar, Heatran and other Pokemon that are vulnerable to fighting-type moves. I wouldn't recommend Heatwave because Charizard already packs all the fire power you'll ever need. Tornadus-T also has U-turn, this will aid you in maintaining momentum.

[Replace Talonflame's set]
Talonflame
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Taunt
- Bulk Up / Will-O-Wisp

Here is your stall breaker. We all know how annoying stall teams can be, without a stall breaker, most teams are helpless against stall. This Talonflame set is ideal for irritating stall teams by preventing them from using status moves, and therefor forcing them to only attack. Stall teams often have terrible offensive prowess to Talonflame can handle them. This Talonflame set can 1v1 Chansey, Mega Sableye etc. I recommend Bulk Up in order to KO many Mega Sableye. However Will-o-wisp can be used to cripple Talonflames checks (since you have Rotom-W, this isn't very important, so Bulk Up it is).

P.S: If you're not fond of the fast Rotom-W and offensive Landorus-T set, you could always try the defensive varients. However if this is the case, I recommend EQ Latios (the Yache Berry on Landorus-T can be replaced with Rocky Helmet). I hope these changes improve your team's performance :)

Note: Feel free to replace Rotom-W with Jirachi; in order to better handle fairies. Starmie can handle and KO Volcanion for the team.

Pro Tip #1: Try your best to always preserve Charizard X for the end of the match. With its checks weakened, this is when it really shines.
Pro Tip #2: Charizard X works best on offensive balance teams, it needs plenty of support from its teammates.

Sorry for the delayed response, been a bit busy with life as of late lol.

After looking at your team, I like some of the changes you made and some of the changes that you didnt make, and it got me thinking after looking at the whole "Building a Hyper Offense Team" on another Smogon page got me thinking, would Black Kuyrem work? I been running him on this team and it seems to be more good than bad because of how viable he really is, let me know if that is a good idea.

Sorry for the delayed response, been a bit busy with life as of late lol.

After looking at your team, I like some of the changes you made and some of the changes that you didnt make, and it got me thinking after looking at the whole "Building a Hyper Offense Team" on another Smogon page got me thinking, would Black Kuyrem work? I been running him on this team and it seems to be more good than bad because of how viable he really is, let me know if that is a good idea.
Hi,

Thanks for the response, better late than never I'mma right (lol)? Don't worry about it, I understand :)
Oh? That's an great idea! Kyruem-Black would make an excellent addition to the team. Not only does it fit most Hyper Offensive teams, but it's difficult for most Pokemon to switch directly into its assaults. Oh and by the way, I also did some research on a Kyruem and Charizard-X core, that I thought you'd like. It consists of Serperior, Kyruem-Black and of course, Charizard.

Here's a detailed description about the core from Rob, and here are the move-set details concerning the cores ^^:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

So yeah, it seems Kyruem Black works well on the team as it benefits both Charizard-X and Serperior.

P.S: To improve this core even more, I really, really do recommend replacing Talonflame with Serperior. Talonflame is useful as a stall breaker, but the set I gave you is a little too passive on an HO team, you also have a strong Fire Type on your team (Charizard-X). I think Serperior make be an excellent replacement. Plus, the best thing about this recommendation is that you're team will be less vulnerable to stealth rocks!

Oh and since you're using Kyruem, you don't need Starmie's Thunderbolt+Ice Beam combo anymore (since Kyruem already has those). I would now replace Starmie with Latios. Latios is not only powerful, but it has greater bulk. This will allow it to remove entry hazards much more reliably than fragile-Starmie. Adding Latios also means you have a check and counter to the following: Volcanion, Keldeo, Charizard-Y, Thundurus, Mega Manetric and Mega Venusaur.

Here's a great set for Latios:

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

With these recommendations, I sure your team will perform better in battle. So with that, please give these changes a try, and best of luck! :)

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for the response, better late than never I'mma right (lol)? Don't worry about it, I understand :)
Oh? That's an great idea! Kyruem-Black would make an excellent addition to the team. Not only does it fit most Hyper Offensive teams, but it's difficult for most Pokemon to switch directly into its assaults. Oh and by the way, I also did some research on a Kyruem and Charizard-X core, that I thought you'd like. It consists of Serperior, Kyruem-Black and of course, Charizard.

Here's a detailed description about the core from Rob, and here are the move-set details concerning the cores ^^:

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

So yeah, it seems Kyruem Black works well on the team as it benefits both Charizard-X and Serperior.

P.S: To improve this core even more, I really, really do recommend replacing Talonflame with Serperior. Talonflame is useful as a stall breaker, but the set I gave you is a little too passive on an HO team, you also have a strong Fire Type on your team (Charizard-X). I think Serperior make be an excellent replacement. Plus, the best thing about this recommendation is that you're team will be less vulnerable to stealth rocks!

Oh and since you're using Kyruem, you don't need Starmie's Thunderbolt+Ice Beam combo anymore (since Kyruem already has those). I would now replace Starmie with Latios. Latios is not only powerful, but it has greater bulk. This will allow it to remove entry hazards much more reliably than fragile-Starmie. Adding Latios also means you have a check and counter to the following: Volcanion, Keldeo, Charizard-Y, Thundurus, Mega Manetric and Mega Venusaur.

Here's a great set for Latios:

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

With these recommendations, I sure your team will perform better in battle. So with that, please give these changes a try, and best of luck! :)

I actually like keeping Talonflame as he is sorta bulky, but I can always replace him with Serperior like you said and it just made my life a whole lot easier of training one!! (EDIT: Turns out I already had one trained, but will switch out for Serperior to have better coverage)

Okay so I got 3 of the team slots down, as of right now I been thinking about possibly going with Excadrill as my spinner as he seems to be the most viable of all the spinners out there for this team. What other 'mons woud you suggest for this team?

If Latios isn't an option, then I certainly agree with your choice in Excadrill. After all, the mole brings so much to the table i.e. it removes entry hazards, checks fairy-types, and makes an excellent revenge killer (all of which benefits its teammates).

Here's a great set that totally compliments suits your team!

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Note: Another great thing about this set is that it works well with bulky pivots i.e. Rotom-W and Landorus-T. The ability to switch out a Choice-Locked Pokemon, and then replace it with a bulky pivot, is something Hyper Offensive Pokemon appreciate. With these changes in mind, I hope your team excels in battle! :)

Last edited:
If Latios isn't an option, then I certainly agree with your choice in Excadrill. After all, the mole brings so much to the table i.e. it removes entry hazards, checks fairy-types, and makes an excellent revenge killer (all of which benefits its teammates).

Here's a great set that totally compliments suits your team!

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Note: Another great thing about this set is that it works well with bulky pivots i.e. Rotom-W and Landorus-T. The ability to switch out a Choice-Locked Pokemon, and then replace it with a bulky pivot, is something Hyper Offensive Pokemon appreciate. With these changes in mind, I hope your team excels in battle! :)
I actually have both Latios and Excadrill ready at my disposal so i can use them whenever i want. I just really dont know what tod o when it comes to Tornadus. So far I got

Zard X
Kuyrem-B
Latios
Serperior
Excadrill

I been contemplating either running Skarmory or Garchomp with Stealth Rock as my main lead

Hello again CallMehDarkside,

The team's really coming well together. Btw, I couldn't help but notice that you're not using the Rotom-W and Landorus-T core I mentioned (that's okay of course). So far, the team is vulnerable to powerful dragons, as well as fairies e.g. Mega Diancie, Mega Gardeviour, opposing Mega Charizard-X, and also bird spam. Talonflame trouble the team by cutting sweeps short.

Landorus-T and Rotom-W are great options for the team. The set I provided earlier are more offensive then usual, so they fit offensive teams like yours really well. Next, Landorus-T not only sets up Stealth Rocks, but it's also a great counter for Charizard X. Landorus-T and Rotom-W has access to both U-turn, and Volt-Swith, this allows them to safely bring fragile members of the team into battle. They won't slow the team down at all.

I personally recommend the following:
1) Zard X
2) Kyruem-Black
3) Landorus-T
4) Serperior
5) Rotom-W
6) Excadrill

These members are great for hyper offence, and it will make your team even harder to beat. But of course, it's your choice at the end of the day :)

PS: You could actually forget Rotom-W, and use Landorus as your Stealth Rock setter. That's another option, Landorus-T seems very helpful for your team.

Hello again CallMehDarkside,

The team's really coming well together. Btw, I couldn't help but notice that you're not using the Rotom-W and Landorus-T core I mentioned (that's okay of course). So far, the team is vulnerable to powerful dragons, as well as fairies e.g. Mega Diancie, Mega Gardeviour, opposing Mega Charizard-X, and also bird spam. Talonflame trouble the team by cutting sweeps short.

Landorus-T and Rotom-W are great options for the team. The set I provided earlier are more offensive then usual, so they fit offensive teams like yours really well. Next, Landorus-T not only sets up Stealth Rocks, but it's also a great counter for Charizard X. Landorus-T and Rotom-W has access to both U-turn, and Volt-Swith, this allows them to safely bring fragile members of the team into battle. They won't slow the team down at all.

I personally recommend the following:
1) Zard X
2) Kyruem-Black
3) Landorus-T
4) Serperior
5) Rotom-W
6) Excadrill

These members are great for hyper offence, and it will make your team even harder to beat. But of course, it's your choice at the end of the day :)

PS: You could actually forget Rotom-W, and use Landorus as your Stealth Rock setter. That's another option, Landorus-T seems very helpful for your team.

I have been testing out Rotom-W on the team and I can say I'm really impresssed with it on this team, it had a great balance, however mine was straight up offensive, any set suggestions for him?

Hello again,

Oh wow! Really? That's great, I'm happy the changes turned out alright in the end. Oh, and as for changing the team into a pure offensive one, you can certainly do that. However the main problem with hyper offence is that:
1) Every turn can "make or break your team" i.e. a small mistake can easily make the entire team lose.
2) Most of the members in Hyper Offence are fragile, so they're easy to KO, even from resisted hits.

So whilst a pure-offensive team may seem great in theory, it's too risky in practice. It's risky for the reasons I mentioned above. One method that is used to reduce the risks, is by including bulky pivots for the team. They help absorb resisted damage for the team, so you don't lose your precious, but fragile sweepers :)

I understand the temptation to go all out on the offensive, but it never works in practice (especially against good players). And like I said, accidentally losing an important teammate, can screw the entire team instantly. However, as far as Showdown is concerned, playing "all-out-offence", no defensive mon, will definitely work on lower tier. I often do that myself to quickly climb through the ladder. But the fun stops at roughly 1500+, that's where the strong players begin. At this point "all-out-offence" doesn't work most of the time.

PS: I'm apologise for being a downer, but I'm speaking from experience xD

Here's a little something that helped me out a lot when I was playing Hyper Offence. It's really a good website, filled with tons of information about Hyper Offensive. So I hope it helps you out as much as it helped me: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12165

In the end, what is really important is that you have fun ^^

By the way, when you said "any set suggestions for him?", where you referring to Rotom-W?

Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

This is one of the best offensive set I could for Rotom-W. It's bulk is very important for the team, it's Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp stop it for being set-up bait. It's very useful for countering and checking many Pokemon. If you want an even more offensive set (I don't recommend it LOL), you could look here.

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Hope this helps :)

Hello again,

Oh wow! Really? That's great, I'm happy the changes turned out alright in the end. Oh, and as for changing the team into a pure offensive one, you can certainly do that. However the main problem with hyper offence is that:
1) Every turn can "make or break your team" i.e. a small mistake can easily make the entire team lose.
2) Most of the members in Hyper Offence are fragile, so they're easy to KO, even from resisted hits.

So whilst a pure-offensive team may seem great in theory, it's too risky in practice. It's risky for the reasons I mentioned above. One method that is used to reduce the risks, is by including bulky pivots for the team. They help absorb resisted damage for the team, so you don't lose your precious, but fragile sweepers :)

I understand the temptation to go all out on the offensive, but it never works in practice (especially against good players). And like I said, accidentally losing an important teammate, can screw the entire team instantly. However, as far as Showdown is concerned, playing "all-out-offence", no defensive mon, will definitely work on lower tier. I often do that myself to quickly climb through the ladder. But the fun stops at roughly 1500+, that's where the strong players begin. At this point "all-out-offence" doesn't work most of the time.

PS: I'm apologise for being a downer, but I'm speaking from experience xD

Here's a little something that helped me out a lot when I was playing Hyper Offence. It's really a good website, filled with tons of information about Hyper Offensive. So I hope it helps you out as much as it helped me: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12165

In the end, what is really important is that you have fun ^^

By the way, when you said "any set suggestions for him?", where you referring to Rotom-W?

Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

This is one of the best offensive set I could for Rotom-W. It's bulk is very important for the team, it's Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp stop it for being set-up bait. It's very useful for countering and checking many Pokemon. If you want an even more offensive set (I don't recommend it LOL), you could look here.

Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Hope this helps :)

To clarify, when I said I was running an all out offensive Rotom-Wash it wasn't by choice, I just didnt know what set would work best for him and decided to run that one, yes it worked but also didn't work at the same time so me having this more balanced set towards Def is absolutely perfect for what I need.

The Landorus I ran was also all out offensive but this one runs alot smoother with my team, can take some hits and actually gets some good damage off himself.

Overall I have been really enjoying this team lately and am glad that I was able to get some sort of help at the end of this. I will be posting more updates on this team if I make any changes to it. Thank you so much for helping me out, I really really do appreciate it

Ahhh, I understand.

LOL, don't mention it, you're more than welcome. I'm glad it all worked out in the end, and that I was able to help improve the team. So yeah, feel free to ask me anything regarding Pokemon. I'd happily help you out. So with that, I wish all the best!

:)

Hi i have a doubt,
wich set up would u use for:
Kyruem-Black
and for
Serperior

Thank you!
It depends on your team. Could I take a look at your team? Then we can decide on which set suits it the most.

P.S: You can talk to me on Private message. I'll help you out there :)
It isn't ideal to hold a chat on someone else's thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)