Dragon in Mono-random should be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I was playing a mono random tournament with my friends. It started battling this random guy and it was my Chimecho vs his Noivern and from then I knew it was over. Not only did he get Zekrom and zygarde, but a mega altaria and a haxorus as well. It was a complete obliteration and I thought back to all the other times I have been in mono randoms with dragon. I have lost every mono random against dragon and I have won every mono random with dragon. Considering dragon types have the highest base stats, and the pretty much half of the dragons are legendaries, shouldn't mono dragon in random be banned? At least in regular monotype you can prepare for dragon type, but in random it's a hopeless cause. And I know that you can get fairy or ice but dragon can destroy ice with their powerful base stats and fairy comes 1/18 times. So if your opponent has dragon, then you basically have a 1/18 chance of winning, unless a miracle happens.
So, does anyone else think that dragon in mono-random should be banned? Or is it just me?

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey guys, welcome to Smogon!

New threads in the Monotype sub-forum require approval from one of the project moderators, Dream Eater Gengar and me. As such, I'm going to lock this thread after posting.

As for your concerns over Monotype Random Battles: They are meant to be random. Thus, you accept the possibility you might get an unfavorable matchup when you chose to play.

In general, we play the format on PS for fun. I think many people enjoy the randomness of it (including getting the occasional unwinnable matchup!). When you do happen to outplay the opponent and come out on top in those, it feels all the better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)