ORAS OU Help a stall player break the habit - Zard X HO

Teambuilding Process:
Pet me preface this by saying I'm a Stall player. I have been since GSC. So I have very little experience with agressive teams. I hope I have a unique perspective as someone who has spent many years countering them. However I have very little clue where to even start... So this team started with Charizrd X. I've always been a fan, even in RBY as an 8 year old Charmander was my starter. So now that Charizard is one of the premier OU offensive threats I can hardly resist! So the whole philosophy of the squad is to clear out the opponents Zard checks and then sweep. I didn't however want the team to be completely one-dimensional and to have lots of potential threats for an opponent to deal with. To wit: Charizard has a number of checks. Namely two major ones in Fairy-types and Stealth Rocks both of which can cripple Zard. One pokemon that quite nicely answers those threats is a Rapid Spin Excadrill. As I said above I'm quite happy to run an aggressive Sand Rush variant and use Tyranitar as my Stealth Rocker which is a well known pairing. Another potential Zard check (and and Excadrill and Tyranitar check) is Water types, so I included Serperior which is a great special sweeper that doesn't take too long to setup and can make a great lead. I included HP Fire to make sure I could counter things weak to fire without having to bring Zard in prematurely. I added an all out attacker Keldeo set as a secondary check to Water types and a way to blast through Chansey (which is the only monster on stall teams I really struggle with). Weavile is a last addition for revenge killing, Ice coverage and additional Dark coverage against Water/Psychic types like Slowbro and Starmie.

The Team:
Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
IVs: 4 Def
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
The EV spread is standard with a maxed out Attack investment to hit as hard as possible, and a Jolly nature with max speed investment is used to outspeed Jolly Choice Scarf Landorus-T, Jolly Choice Scarf Excadrill, Choice Scarf Kyurem-B, and Modest Choice Scarf Keldeo. This spread also outspeeds neutral-natured base 100 Pokemon such as Mega Gardevoir and Mega Medicham as well as most Kyurem-B before a Dragon Dance. The moveset is relatively standard too. Dragon Dance simultaneously boosts Mega Charizard X's Attack and Speed, allowing it to sweep weakened teams. Flare Blitz as a main STAB move in tandem with Tough Claws is the damage dealing backbone of the set. Dragon Claw covers monsters that resist fire and is a safe option to use against Water-types as well as when I need to avoid recoil. Roost keeps Mega Charizard X healthy and helps mitigate Flare Blitz recoil as well as avoid Sucker Punch mind games.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
Maximum Attack and Speed investment with a Life Orb allows Excadrill to hit as hard and fast as possible. A Jolly nature allows Excadrill to outspeed standard Heatran outside of sand, as well as outrunning neutral-natured base 100 Speed Pokemon such as Mega Charizard X and Mega Gardevoir. Earthquake and Iron Head are Excadrill's STAB moves and Rock Slide is great coverage hitting Flying-types such as Thundurus, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir super effectively. It is also Excadrill's best option against Rotom-W and Skarmory. Rapid Spin is obviously for entry hazard clearance.

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
The given EVs and nature allow Tyranitar to take two +1 Dragon Claws from Mega Charizard X after Stealth Rock damage and help Tyranitar take special attacks better, such as Latios's Draco Meteor and Heatran's Fire Blast. Smooth Rock is the preferred item because it maximizes the duration of sand and allows Tyranitar to support Excadrill. Tyranitar is my rocker and Pursuit traps Latios and Latias, which allows Stealth Rock to stay on their side of the field for the remainder of the match. Stone Edge is a secondary STAB move that lets Tyranitar KO Zapdos, Mandibuzz, Kyurem-B, and Talonflame. Crunch is for some extra Dark coverage.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
Choice Specs gives Keldeo a huge amount of firepower and turns it into a great wallbreaker. A Life Orb can be used if you don't want to lock Keldeo into one move; however, Keldeo benefits from the extra power of Choice Specs and dislikes getting worn down by Life Orb recoil. Maximum Speed and Special Attack investment enables Keldeo to be as fast and powerful as possible. A Timid nature is important to outspeed base 100 Speed Pokemon as well as Garchomp, and to Speed tie with Terrakion and opposing Keldeo. Scald is Keldeo's main STAB move. It is very spammable, has high PP, hits quite hard after the Choice Specs boost, and wears down usual switch-ins such as Latios, Mega Venusaur, and Slowbro. Secret Sword is Keldeo's best Fighting STAB move and lets it break through Chansey very easily and reliably. Hydro Pump is very powerful and is needed to break past bulky Pokemon such as Clefable, Jirachi, and Mew. Icy Wind hits Latios, Latias, and Dragonite, 2HKOing them after the Speed drop, and deals a good amount of damage to Amoonguss and Celebi.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
The EVs maximize Speed to outpace Timid Thundurus even with Hidden Power Fire's IV drop and maximize Special Attack to deal as much damage as possible. Contrary is the ability of choice, since it boosts Serperior's Special Attack 2 stages when it uses Leaf Storm. Life Orb gives Serperior enough power to beat Latias if it switches into a Leaf Storm with Stealth Rock up, which is desirable. Leaf Storm is Serperior's primary STAB move. Dragon Pulse is coverage, hitting Latios, Mega Charizard X, Dragonite, and Garchomp, as well as doing neutral damage to Pokemon like Volcarona and Charizard Y. Hidden Power Fire beats Ferrothorn, Mega Scizor, and Skarmory while also hitting Amoonguss. Glare paralyzes switch-ins like Talonflame and Tornadus-T, which supports the rest of the team and helps Serperior set itself up to sweep as well.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
Maximum Attack investment is used to hit as hard as possible. A Jolly and maximum Speed EVs are used in order to outspeed threats like Starmie and Tornadus-T. Life Orb increases Weavile's power and allows it to get a lot of KOs that it otherwise wouldn't, such as with Low Kick on Ferrothorn and Heatran. Pressure is used over Pickpocket because Weavile might pick up an item it does not want, such as Choice Specs or Black Sludge. Knock Off is Weavile's best Dark-type STAB move and comes with the benefit of removing items such as Eviolite and Leftovers. Icicle Crash is Weavile's strongest STAB move when the foe does not have an item and can also make the foe flinch. It also does not make contact, so it avoids Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, and Iron Barbs damage from the likes of Garchomp and Ferrothorn. Ice Shard is used to pick off naturally faster threats such as Mega Alakazam, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Aerodactyl as well as boosted threats such as +1 Mega Altaria and Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Low Kick hits Steel- and Rock-types such as Ferrothorn, Heatran, and Tyranitar

So thats the team. I hope I've found an answer to the prevalent threats in the metagame and managed to build an aggressive, powerful squad. Please feel free to use, test, rate, review and make suggestions! All constructive criticism is welcomed!

Importable:
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
IVs: 4 Def
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello! i've heard your request and i'm here to help! your team is really ballbreakingly offensive. however, you have no options against fighting spam on the team except hoping to glare para the fighting types and your spinner is marginally reliable for a team that involves zardx. i have some suggestions here that should in theory help improve your team.

first off, if your spinner is exca, i'm assuming that a lot of the time, the mons that are putting in work are actually keldeo and serp. hence, we need to eradicate this by removing spin off exca and by adding in another ground spam switch in so that you can deal with ground spamming users as well as having a good hazard controller. my suggestion here is to run lo defog recover latios over serp. yes you lose a good mon to sweep with but in return, you get more reliability on your team as well as a defensive switch in against water types because as it stands, serp is not a solid switch in for mons like keld which your team has a 101% trouble with.

hyper offense teams are harder to give suggestions for simply because by nature they are a type of team that is do or die. but in return, what we can do is to try alleviate matchup issues that are definitely a problem. right off, maintaining the hazard game is the big deal for your team. should your opponent win the hazards war, your team automatically loses so we need to ensure that latios is able to keep up the pressure as well as offensively pressuring teams. right now, by removing weavile for rotom-w. this improves your matchup against stalls that like to continuously pressure you by applying butt tons of hazards but also gives you a way to maintain momentum against offensive teams. this also gives you a pseudo check to majority of the fighting types of the tier as well something against base gyara and azu and crawdaunt. your matchup against stall is alr quite good since you have both keldeo and zardx but should you find yourself being unable to outplay stall, running toxic on rotom-w may give you an edge since most of the stall mons don't appreciate the status and thus forcing in the cleric which you can easily gain momentum off since you have a sand core.

lastly, some minor nitpicks would be to run air balloon sd over lo rapid spin to improve your stall matchup by not getting stalled out by skarm as well as giving you an alternate wincon that can destroy offensive teams. having some evs and ivs on your zard x would also be great because 4 ivs in defs and no evs are kinda terrible :X hence you should run 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe. keldeo should also opt for hp electric over icy wind since it helps with the bulky water match up now that serp is out of the team. i personally ran either twave or toxic over crunch on my variant of this team because i'm quite aids and i wanna spread the yellow magic love across the land so that my other mons can have more easier time in setting up.

hopefully my suggestions help you climb up the ladder more and improve your team so that it rectifies some of the weaknesses that are present. good luck and have fun in the game! /cheers/

✧✧✧Hi, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

Hello again, glad to see your teams back up on Smogon (I hope you don't mind me pasting my earlier RMT on your new thread). This team is much better than it was before IMO, but I think it will benefit from some of the small changes I mentioned before. I've edit my reply a little btw :)

By the way, here are a few pointers about the team:
  • The team is weak to fighting-type assaults.
  • The team is vulnerable to ground type moves.
  • Tornadus-T and Volcanion irritates your teammates.
Here are a few changes you might like (Slightly Updated):

[Replace Chazard-X]
Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

This spread may seem a little strange at first, but its greater bulk increases Charizard-X's ability to survive hits and set up on the likes of Rotom-W. A bulkier spread is also useful for grabbing Dragon Dance boosts and then quickly recovering HP via Roost! Roost is incredibly important as Charzard-X may for forced into play with SR on the field. Roost so provides Charizard with a means of recovering HP from recoil damage caused by Flare Blitz. With this, you shouldn't wear yourself out too quickly, and since you already have Starmie on the team, Earthquake isn't a necessity. With a Jolly nature you can still out-pace Choice Scarf Landorus-T and Excadrill (at +1 of course).

[Replace Tyranitar]
Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Since your team is offensive, this set set benefits your team by still hitting hard, whilst being bulky at the same time. I mentioned earlier about you weakness to Mega Manetric, this was because its Electric, fire and ice coverage allows it to hurt every member of your team (barring Charizard-X). However, with a Yache Berry attached, this is no longer the case. The buff to its offensive prowess allow it 1HKO Mega Manetric without fail. Landours-T and Rotom W form an excellent core. When this core is put comes together they provide momentum for your team by allowing frail members to enter battle without risks (most of the time). Landorus and Rotom-W help even your fighting and ground weakness (especially Landorus-T).

[Replace Weavile]
Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Like the Landorus-T set, this set also seems very strange as it's sacrificing its defences for additional speed. Whilst that's true, it does allow Rotom-W to beat its usual counters without fail. This set does a great job of weakening Bisharp, as well as Volcanion. Thunder Wave is used to stop your Rotom Wash from becoming set-up fodder for opposing Charizard X, as well as crippling its usual checks and counters (like opposing Serperior and the Lati-twins). I recommend replacing Weavile as its role in beating Tornadus and Slowbro can be covered by Rotom-W and Serperior. Landorus and Rotom-W help even your fighting and ground weakness (especially Landorus-T).

Here's a quote from Littlelucario he explains what this "offensive" variant of a bulky set does (it's very good):
Personally, I prefer using fast sitrus berry Rotom-W to support Lando-T over the current set, and I'm going to explain why. To start off, Lando really struggles with many sd sweepers like bisharp and scizor (most scizor dont run max speed anymore and offensive sd cant set up vs lando since it lacks roost). For this reason, having a mon that can outspeed base 70s and burn them in fast rotom is really nice since it takes some pressure off of lando to check these mons. Additionally, lando is outsped and OHKO'd by pretty much any volcanion set, which really sucks for him. For this reason, a rotom set that can outspeed most volcs and put pressure on it is really helpful. Fast sitrus rotom can outspeed and volt out vs most volcanions after switching in since the 3 most common volc sets at 1695 on usage right now are all modest and outsped by this set. Running fast rotom+a lati twin and a faster mon or two that can pressure it or two is pretty much the best that you will be accounting for volcanion in offensive builds these days, so it's not really that big a deal having rotomw as your best volc switch (aside from lati@s, who can get pursuit trapped) since volcanion wont be pressuring those builds anytime soon unless your opponent out predicts you, and that's just your opponent's skill level more so than the team that is the issue in that scenario.
This special Landorus and Rotom core work best with Latio/as. However, Zard will do.

[Replace Serperior's moveset]
Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Taunt

With the changes above Serperior may also find its set needing some adjustments. I replaced Glare because Landorus-T and Rotom-W counter Serperiors checks and counters. Rotom W can handle Tornadus-T and Talonflame, so Serperior doesn't need Glare anymore. Instead by investing in Taunt you'll be able to better handle stall (by stopping Chansey and Mega Venusaur from recovering HP, this will benefit you later on in the match).

Those are the changes I recommend and I wish you the best of luck! I hope these changes improves your teams performance in battle :D

P.S: Latios should probably replace Tyranitar because you need defog, and a second method for beating Amoonguss and Mega Venusaur. Excadrill isn't very important on this team. Tyranitar and Excadrill often work best with Mega Charizard Y.

Last edited:
Hi, I like your team. I also like the fact that you prefaced the fact you were a stall player trying to break the habit. Too be honest, for a hyper offense team it really doesnt fit the mold, as HO appreciates hazard stack and punishes opponents for trying to remove them. Although I said I like your team I don't believe it to be ladder ready, as I doubt it could stand up on its own as is; with that being said there a some great changes you could go with.

A.) The core you have built the team around is pretty standard--and phenomenal, but personally I believe you picked the wrong mega. Charizard-Y fits much better on this team as opposed to it's Dragon type brother Charizard-X. People often are lost in the fact that Char-X must hit harder since it gets DD + Tough Claws, but let us not forget there is no better special wall breaker than Char-Y with sun boosted fire blast. This change does not change the dynamic of the team much and only improves your offensive synergy. So that is change one for me. Now on to the next change.

B.) Excadrill. Exca is such a great pokemon right now, I believe it tops Lando in usage for the month of July (which is crazy), and the set you have is just perfect with one exception Swords Dance > Rock Slide/Iron Head. This may sound weird to leave off a move that can be so valuable at times, but in essence you don't really need it and you won't miss it (trust me). SD Exca OHKO's Torn-T with Iron Head at +2 so arguably the one thing you have Rock Slide on there for can't take your stab attack. If you really don't wanna give up you Rock Slide, go with Iron Head as there is no fairy in the game that appreciates a +2 EQ so you won't need the Steel stab. I find that Iron Head is more useful outside of the sand than it is inside of it anyways. With SD you will be able to break through a lot of cores that can take a hit from Exca but aren't meant to stop sand, ie Hippo, Chomp, Amoongus, Ferro. SD is so much better, plus with the switches Exca forces it will be relatively easy to set up. Time to take a look at your next mon.

C.) T-Tar. At first glance I kinda cringed at this Tar set, I personally hate Rocks on on Tar and I don't think it should ever be run. With the changing of Zard-X to Zard-Y we have a pretty stellar core going on, so let's keep it up. First smooth rock is kinda useless, 8 turns of sand is just overkill. With SD you should be killing everything you need to be killing or weakening things for Zard. So let's change the set to support the team a little better. Choice BAnd > Smooth Rock. CB Tar has been a staple with Zard-Y since mega evolution's inception. Zard strufggles to break through one thing, Chansey. Tar blows through stall without a problem. With Tars ability to trap things that Zard cant break through (lati's) you will notice how easily you rip through teams and will be able to play this team on auto-pilot. You can also Pursuit trap things like Talonflame to support Exca better since it doesnt have Rock Slide which is another added bonus.

D.) Keldeo. Pretty standard Keldeo set, fits well on the team, but you are weak to Scarf Lando so let's switch this up. Choice Scarf > Choice Specs. Just gives you a more reliable revenge killer and some more spped on your team so Exca isnt pressured to have the sand up all game. Scarf Keld is really good because most people expect Specs and can catch a lot of things off-guard. Also, since we are scarfed we won't be needing Icy Wind so I recommend HP Electric. With Tar you don't really need a way to hit Lati, since ti gets pursuited by Tar, and the team is a little weak to Gyarados. HP Electric is just a better fit as it hits water types super hard.

E.) Your last two mons are great in the OU tier but as you can probably tell they no longer fit the team anymore. Now that T-Tar is hitting hard we no longer need Weavile, and now that we have Zard-Y we no longer need Serp since we have the same coverage. So by changing Tar to CB we lost a rocker so let's fill in with Lando-T. This gives you a check to several mons you are very weak to (Scarf Lando, Scarf Exca) and also gives you a very reliable rocker. Standard defensive Lando fits really well on this team. Our change for Serp is kinda brainless, we need that grass type on the team because a Fire, Water, Grass Core is so under rated and very reliable. So naturally I went with SpeDef Ferro. Ferrothorn is such a good pokemon and synergies well with defensive Lando and Zard-Y. Plus this gives us this complete feeling to round out our team with Spikes + Rocks. Literally nothing in the game can switch into Exca + Zard on hazards.

Well this competes my analysis of the team. I am sorry if I rushed through it, I know I didn't mention any movesets or EV spreads but they will be in the pastebin and you're more than welcome to fiddle with them. I promise you after getting used to the new team you will climb the ladder with ease.

Hope you like the critique, here's the team -- http://pastebin.com/W7G0FikM

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello nice team here, I like the idea of using Mega Charizard X together with Tyranitar to deal with Latios and have speed control with Excadrill to face fast teams, as mentioned above, Fighting wallbreakers as Mega Lopunny, Keldeo, Terrakion and Mega Medicham are really problematic, putting pressure on your pokemon forcing your switch, and forcing the sack of Tyranitar to revenge kill these with Excadrill, and this situation does not seem very productive if your opponent has a Excadrill switch, like Landorus-t that can generate momentum for these threats; Furthemore Rotom-w is a bit annoying for the team, it can put pressure on every member of your team except Serperior, but it can volt switch front of Serperior and putting pressure to your team bringing a check for Serperior in the field; Another threat is Mega Alakazam, this wallbreaker can outspeed every member of your team, tracing Sand Rush can outspeed Excadrill in sand and hit him with Focus blast, you need to make aggressive plays to put pressure on it, you can check him using Charizard X; Another big threat is Azumarill, especially the Choice Band one, you don't have switch ins for this, you can deal with it only with Serperior, but you need to sack something to bring Serperior safely to revenge kill Azu; next are Tornadus-T and Gengar, these wallbreakers can be very annoying with their coverage, you Tyranitar can't be a solid check to them because it dies to Superpower and Focus blast, the only revenge killers in your team are Excadrill in sand and Charizard X, and in any case you have to put a lot of pressure to them on the field in order to DDance with Charizard, finally grass types as Serperior and Breloom are annoying for the team, Serperior, especially Subseed, can be annoying to the entire team, doing wear down Charizard x too, the absence of a thick bulky grass allows Serperior to be very annoying for the team; Breloom other hand, it also a great threat, Especially if Sash Rock Tomb, which manages to be annoying for Charizard if there are not placed rocks, however, your team can revenge kill Loom with Charizard, Keldeo, but make sure you've broken the Sash with Sand or rocks; Finally Landorus-T, can be a very boring threat deal with for your team, it is able to put pressure on the main core, and can weaken Keld and Weavile with EQ, naturally Serp too can't switch in because U-turn does a lot of damage, your counterplay should be putting pressure on him making double switches when you have Exca in the field for example. My rate will seek to reduce to a minimum the problems against these threats, trying to make them less dangerous.

>

First, since you already have a pursuit trapper to Latios, and since Weavile makes very weak team at Mega Lopunny, Keldeo and Terrakion suggest using RH Tangrowth over Weavile, Rocky helmet Tang is a great sponge that defensive pivot physical attacks from Lopunny mega, mega Medicham, Terrakion, weakening the RH, and then taking them to the range of other attacks such as in the range of Scald Keldeo or Excadrill's Earthquake, Tang also helps the team against other Excadrill, Landorus-t, that weakening with the Rh, helps Charizard for a subsequent sweep, finally, it is very versatile thanks to the possibility of some sleep tank threats its shots (as for example mega Medicham), for the weakness against Serperior and Breloom I decided to put Sludge Bomb, this move as well as hard hitting Serperior and Loom, is able, thanks to its 30% chance to poison, to further weaken threats like mega Gardevoir, Talonflame, others Charizard X, Tornadus-T, and thus make them more easy to kill for your wallbreakers.

>

Secondly, since now two grass type sound highly redundant in the same team, as well since your team needs a second countermeasure for Keldeo and a switch to Volcanion, I suggest using Latios over Serperior, Latios is very important for this team, as well as providing a switch to Keldeo, succeeds in being a good check for Band Terrakion, Mega Medicham, Breloom and finally to make this Latios more synergistic to the team, and since the same team suffers a bit like the Bulky waters Cm Slowbro and Manaphy i'd suggest to run Thunderbolt, This move saves on Latios to run the Draco meteor on bulky waters, this move also helps a great deal because Excadrill hits hard Skarmory and Azumarill, one of his Counter/Check respectively more difficult to knock out.

Now is the moment of minor adjustments:

• Seen the weakness in Tornadus-T, Gengar, Mega Alakazam amd a bit mega Pinsir, i'd suggest how they did it above to use Chople berry + Thunder wave over Crunch, this countermeasure helps you manage these threats fast and paralyzing them to make them more innocuous, and then helping your wallbreakers as Charizard x more easily win the game;
  • Threats like Landorus-Therian and mega Diancie may be even slightly boring, then I'd suggest you to use SD+ air balloon over Life orb and Rock slide, This change makes it more comfortable against Hippo, tankchomp and locked Scarf Lando, giving possibility to set-up more easily, and threaten the bulky teams, I decided to remove Rock slide since you now have Tyranitar and T.bolt Latios that put pressure on Birds as Talonflame and mega Pinsir;
  • since you have Tyranitar and Excadrill that are able to put pressure Latios enough, I would suggest to use hp grass over Icy wind, I chose hidden power grass because I noticed how your team suffers Curse Gastrodon if Tang is down, finally hits hard Slowbro, Starmie.
  • I agree with what was said above concerning the spread of Charizard, I consider that a Jolly nature is needed, outspeeding Scarf Lando is really important since you can weaken it very well with RH Tang and rocks damage, also some investment in hp are fine to set-up better against Rotom-wash.
Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Sludge Bomb

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

That's all, the team is still a bit fragile to Mega Garde and mega Metagross, recommend playing very aggressively against them, trying to dance with Charizard or revenge kill them with Excadrill and win the game after his switch have been weakened, I hope I have helped you and GL with your team. :toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)