Media One Piece (spoilers!)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
We were just introduced to Sanji's dad, but I really hate him already
I actually hate his siblings more

His dad is just your dime a dozen tyrannical piece of shit

His siblings literally beat the shit out of him for helping people

Made my blood boil

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Gotta admit, Caesar's internal monologue was pretty hilarious. "I never imagined Joker would have his ass handed to him and that I'd end up in this precarious situation!!!"

Even Luffy's unintended effects of kicking both these guys asses are awesome.

That Vivre Card Lola gave Nami a million chapters ago will come into play this arc, I think. Remember how Lola said her mom was a powerful pirate? Also, we have seen some of Big Mom's daughters to look similar to Lola.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think this solidifies that Jimbe won't be a Strawhat (and thank God as the apparent only Jimbe hater). His character has been called into question, he's losing a body part, and if he loses an arm he can no longer be helmsmen, but ultimately he's been seen as very weak. All of the strawhats, have had their character questioned (Zoro, Ussop, Sanji, Nami, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook) and they have all become stronger for it. Where is Jimbe going to go from here? To a lesser crew at the cost of a body part? He's going to go back to Fishmen and lead, he has no place in the Strawhats and he certainly doesn't fill any role. Monet is a better choice as an astrologist (they need to go to the moon eventually? (I mean Oda has lead to that at least) ). Who knows. Just glad Jimbe is out of the picture (I'm sorry I don't like him but I just don't).

I think this solidifies that Jimbe won't be a Strawhat (and thank God as the apparent only Jimbe hater). His character has been called into question, he's losing a body part, and if he loses an arm he can no longer be helmsmen, but ultimately he's been seen as very weak. All of the strawhats, have had their character questioned (Zoro, Ussop, Sanji, Nami, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook) and they have all become stronger for it. Where is Jimbe going to go from here? To a lesser crew at the cost of a body part? He's going to go back to Fishmen and lead, he has no place in the Strawhats and he certainly doesn't fill any role. Monet is a better choice as an astrologist (they need to go to the moon eventually? (I mean Oda has lead to that at least) ). Who knows. Just glad Jimbe is out of the picture (I'm sorry I don't like him but I just don't).
?????? I don't understand this argument at all.

Where was it stated that he lost a body part? Also, Shanks lost an arm while Zoro lost an eye and both are still considered really strong.
Remember that Big Mom wants to be related to people of all tribes (Giants, Fishmen) so Jinbe still holds value to her. She might have threatened his crew or Fishman Island to make Jinbe give in.

Monet was dead.

Last edited:
I've also seen a theory that what Jimbe was forced to lose was his reputation.

He's joining, one way or the other. Luffy won't allow him to go back on his promise.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
It was my understanding that his loss of character/rep was due to him backing out of losing a limb at the last minute. He'll probably still be around when shit hits the fan and be able to join up with Luffy without the initial sacrifice.

Monet is dead.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sooo, Cracker has a crazy huge bounty, bigger than Luffy's.

I still think Cracker doesn't quite know what he's getting in to.

I was worried Nami and Sanji were getting short shrift in the last Arc, it seems this one is going to fix that. Last Arc seemed all about challenging Luffy to grow even further, I like that the other Straw Hats are being put back into the character development equation.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If luffy needs gear 4 to handle big mom's commanders, no way in hell is he going to be able to beat big mom in his current state unless some miracle happens such as awakening his devil fruit powers.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
So Urouge was beat up and recuperating in a sky island because he brought down one of the commanders? Also it's kinda hilarious how Apoo and Kid jobbed against Big Mom's subordinates and now they're jobbing against Kaido.

we onepunchman now?

i highly doubt cracker's down though. if he is, that kinda just turns around the power creep i was expecting seeing as doffy managed to tank a few gear 4 attacks even with his entire fight with law and all the damage he took. idk but i really dont think crackers going down this easily.

on the other hand i really like how the most hyped supernova so far got bodied by both big mom's commander and kaido while urouge, the one with the lowest bounty in sabaody took down a commander. i mean, its still totally possible that the commander urouge fought was weaker than the rest because cracker made urouge flee but its still really cool to see.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pretty sure Doffy is stronger than the commanders, I don't see why that would be ridiculous for him to get taken down by Gear 4 Luffy. It is basically implied, right now, that Luffy is the strongest of "the worst generation," and for him to be the one to turn the world upside-down is logical.

edit:
On the other-hand I'm unsure of how the emperors compare in a power-scale. Are they considered "equal" or are some stronger (shanks) than others? It would make sense for Big Mom to be the weakest right now, allowing a progression of Luffy to fight stronger and stronger opponents until his mentor, Shanks, and then finally Black Beard

Pretty sure Doffy is stronger than the commanders, I don't see why that would be ridiculous for him to get taken down by Gear 4 Luffy. It is basically implied, right now, that Luffy is the strongest of "the worst generation," and for him to be the one to turn the world upside-down is logical.

edit:
On the other-hand I'm unsure of how the emperors compare in a power-scale. Are they considered "equal" or are some stronger (shanks) than others? It would make sense for Big Mom to be the weakest right now, allowing a progression of Luffy to fight stronger and stronger opponents until his mentor, Shanks, and then finally Black Beard
With that logic shanks and blackbeard would be the strongest, but we've been explicitly told that Kaido is the 'strongest creature alive'. In an interview Oda even admitted that he doesn't even know yet how he's going to manage to write Luffy beating Kaido, and that Oda's going to have to figure it out. If I were to guess, I'd say Luffy will receive help (and lots of it) from the likes of Law, Marco, and possibly even Kid, all to beat Kaido, as well as possibly Nekomamushi and Inuarashi. Blackbeard however, I'm confident he'll end up fighting by himself, as there's way too much history and animosity there for Luffy to need to receive backup. In terms of power scaling, I'd agree that Big Mom's the weakest, although considering that it took gear 4 to beat one of her commanders (and it's still up for debate whether or not he's even beaten yet), I think Luffy will need a little bit more than that to handle Big Mom. Awakened df? Gear 5th?

Deck Knight

I'm going to guess that a very satisfying "crack" accompanied Luffy bodying Cracker with Gear 4th.

Nothing is ever going to beat the Charloss face punch, but I do love it when Luffy smacks down a high-fallutin' royalist type.

So did Big Mom specifically request Sanji out of the brothers because of his pirate past (possibly to mess with Luffy too) which his brothers lack? Why will Germa do to lose their seat, attack another Royal country, reclaim North blue? (This is what I read from fan comments) so is the deal that Mom supplies souls and Germa the bodies?

And the more I think about it, it seems more likely that the Yonkos will wage war on one another and the worst generation will just aide one side over the other (some have already joined) since none of them are even close to being capable of facing a Yonko on their own. Luffy can't side with Big Mom unless something drastic changes, his target is still Kaido, **** BB so I guess that leaves Shanks and Marco to return?

Also do you think Sanji will get a technological upgrade/suit or a fruit?

Why will Germa do to lose their seat, attack another Royal country, reclaim North blue? (This is what I read from fan comments)
I'm pretty sure they'll just lose their seat because they'll be affiliated with one of the most dangerous pirates on the sea. I can't remember the exact example, but I do recall something like this happening before in One Piece.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
So did Big Mom specifically request Sanji out of the brothers because of his pirate past (possibly to mess with Luffy too) which his brothers lack? Why will Germa do to lose their seat, attack another Royal country, reclaim North blue? (This is what I read from fan comments) so is the deal that Mom supplies souls and Germa the bodies?

And the more I think about it, it seems more likely that the Yonkos will wage war on one another and the worst generation will just aide one side over the other (some have already joined) since none of them are even close to being capable of facing a Yonko on their own. Luffy can't side with Big Mom unless something drastic changes, his target is still Kaido, **** BB so I guess that leaves Shanks and Marco to return?

Also do you think Sanji will get a technological upgrade/suit or a fruit?
Uhhh Sanji's father made it clear that he wants an alliance with big mom BUT he doesn't want to give one of his daughters/sons to her in marriage so he decided to marry off the bastard in the family aka sanji. So it wasn't really big mom's choice of who she let her daughter get married to but I doubt it really makes a difference to her. I doubt she cares enough about luffy to specifically break apart his crew.

How are yonkos going to wage war on one another though? Like Kaidou vs big mom sure due to caesar but that still seems far fetched to me. Luffy still wants to fuck big mom up from fishman arc (it's been ages) so yeah

Sure Sanji is the blacksheep (albiet legit) member of the family but his qualities do stand out to Big Mom more than the rest. Her and Luffy had a promise to confront each other after what he did so yeah...

Well, Luffy and Law are not gonna face Big Mom on their own, and Kaidou already said something about let the real war start and BB doesn't give a **** he has been attacking WB pirates and Revolutionary Army and also wants to be a Pirate King, and Shanks already defeate Kaidou before, it isn't really far fetched to see another Yonku war begin. Where Marco fits in all this is yet to be seen (or found).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)