Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Rest

ok so this is pretty simple, base 100 stats all around make this thing pretty naturally bulky so there's no need to invest in it. +3 scald in rain does a ton of damage even to resists (+3 252+ SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur in Rain: 191-225 (52.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO not implying it beats venu 1v1 i'm showing how strong it is) as well as being able to set rain again if politoed dies. rest is because of hydration.

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Swanna @ Life Orb
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald

As everyone knows, Mega-Venusaur is horrendous to face with water. Personally having a team built with the same mons as yours, I know even better that venusaur just makes you want to press that x because theirs almost no way to properly kill it without kingdra carrying.

And so, I present to you one of the few possible venusaur checks on water.

Another bonus is defog. While stealth rocks doesn't bother the team too much, hazard stacking can really damage the team because depending SS requires a moderate amount of switching, so priority moves can just end you if you aren't careful. Also, the bug matchup can be quite difficult with sticky webs, so swanna not being affected by it AND taking it out is a huge bonus. This prevents Mega-Heracross or Mega-Pinsir sweeps. Finally, although toxic spikes aren't as common, being able to get rid of them is helpful because when your sweepers are poisoned against a team with great walls, it's a recipe for disaster.

If their was a move to change, roost could be replaced by rain dance to give you another rain source and possibly a zard-y counter (win the speed tie to make it locked into a solarbeam).

Some people might think, why choose swanna when you have access to Starmie who has better special attack and speed and does the same job of hitting venu and getting rid of hazards. Well, my reasoning would be that it doesn't get held back by hazards like sticky webs and it doesn't get OHKO'ed by Venusaur.

Here's some calcs (using the venusaur set from Crimson Torrent's sample team because I'm not too familiar with what people use commonly):

Swanna:
252 SpA Life Orb Swanna Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 307-361 (84.5 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Swanna: 186-220 (63.9 - 75.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Starmie:
252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 273-322 (75.2 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Starmie: 294-348 (113.5 - 134.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Overall, Swanna can be used to remove hazards and handle big threats. Sure the 4x weakness to electric isn't pretty, but SS doesn't have too much trouble with electric.

Hope this is actually understandable, made this late at night right before I head to bed.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 224 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Taunt

This being a HO Swift Swim team, with no defensive switchins or answers to Mega Venusar, I believe Gyarados is the optimal choice for the last slot! With intimidate and good defensive typing, its able to take its share of attacks as well as double as a defensive pivot. After 1-2 DDances, it is set to sweep! Taunt shuts down utility mons that want to status Gyarados/most walls (hence why I'd prefer it here over Substitute, as it can help keep the momentum in your favor, which is vital on HO teams).

Last edited:
Please refrain from making double posts. Either edit your reserving post or delete that and make a new one with the finished description.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

Starmie in my opinion is the best last option for this team, being able to Rapid Spin away hazards, most notably Sticky Web. It can also prevent Pokemon like lead Infernape and Galvantula from setting up Stealth Rock / Sticky Webs by outspeeding them, bringing them to possible Focus Sash and using Rapid Spin to take the kill. Rain-boosted Hydro Pump can pack a punch while Psychic can take down one of the hugest threats to Water, Mega Venusaur (although with a bit of prior damage) as well as Breloom which can trouble the team. Thunderbolt can hit switch ins such as Slowbro and dismantles the Psychic defensive core in rain rather easily. Natural Cure allows it to come in and absorb status moves such as Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp. Life Orb permits it to change moves while attacking, something Keldeo fails to do.

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 273-322 (75.2 - 88.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Congratulations to our winner! Waszap

terrors 3
waszap 4
dece1t 3
StarBlim 1
6ti 3
kevinelf 0

round 10 will be posted shortly

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Week 3

Smeargle (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sticky Web
- Spore
- Magic Coat

Diggersby (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Def
- Transform
-

Lopunny-Mega (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Staraptor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn

This is a Hyper Offensive Normal team i built around Smeargle. Smeargle is my hazard stacker as it has access to both Sticky Web and Stealth Rock, not only that but it can also have Spore which allows you to but your opponents to sleeping insuring u get some hazards off. Mega Lopunny is my Mega of choice thanks to its amazing ability to hit ghost types and in general a powerhouse. Ditto prevents setup sweepers from sweeping the team, and can be used to copy users with heal bell to eliminate status. Lastly, Diggersby and Staraptor are used for revenge killing and late game sweeping, not to mention Staraptor is a good mon to have against the fighting matchup. Whats my last?

Last edited:

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Hyper Voice
- Thunderbolt

First time doing this but oh well. Seeing how this is HO Normal we're going to want to abuse the insane strength of Diggersby as much as possible. Thus I figured a Volt Turn core would be incredibly beneficial for this team. While there arent many switchins to Diggersby in the first place, Heliolisk will help get in the monster safely. I gave it max special attack and max speed bc why tf not. Its not here to soak up hits anyways. Volt Switch is the ultimate move for getting the team momentum. Surf hits grounds/rocks/fire and is good coverage in general. Hyper Voice is our normal stab move and Thunderbolt is for those situations when we want to stay in and ohko something that volt switch can not. Do i add calcs? probably wont.

Last edited:

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast

Meloetta is, in my opinion, the best last option for this team. The team lacks a special attacker / wallbreaker and Meloetta is the best option for that, with decent speed, coverage, and special attack. Providing a fighting-type neutrality also helps the team. Hyper Voice and Psychic are its best STAB options while Energy Ball eases the matchup vs water-type teams greatly, limiting switch ins and pressuring the opposing team. Focus Blast beats steel- and dark-types that can threaten it.

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Refresh
- Work Up

Since all the good options are taken I'll suggest this.

Even though the team already has a Mega in Mega Lopunny there are match-ups where Mega Pidgeot can be considered more useful. Running dual megas is a viable option for many teams and with Pidgeot the match-up versus Flying and Psychic improves. Hurricane is STAB and is the only reason to mega evolve Pidgeot over Lopunny. Roost allows it to live longer and Refresh + Work Up are so it can break through the things that otherwise wall it while also being able to get rid of statuses it may take for the team.

Exploud@Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 Spa / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Exploud Can deal some good damage with specs and apriciates webs since it's not exactly fast, Boomburst can be devastating to switch into Boomburst and has a good amount of coverage aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)