ORAS UU First competitive team, first RMT. Please help me getting into competitive!

This the first team I've spent a while on and thought thoroughly while building, all of my others were just slapped together with Pokémon I like or trolly Pokémon sets from here, smogon. I've battle tested it for a day and it was alot worse before. I made it a UU team because I genuinely hate going against most of the OU Pokémon.
Please excuse the lack of description, it's my first RMT and don't really know what to put.

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut
- Swords Dance
I put in Absol because I wanted to make a team with him in. He's also my main physical attacker in this team, and the pokemon I go into if I see an opportunity to set-up with swords dance.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Foul Play
Sableye is here to shut down all the physical attackers. Prankster + Will-O-Wisp will usually shut down atleast one physical attacker, unless I miss and get KO'd. It also covers Absol's fighting weakness.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Toxic
I put Forretress in because it covers both Sabeleye and Absol, and is my rapid spinner / spiker.

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Thunderbolt
Goodra is my powerhouse Special attacker. Florges below can save it alot, and sableye can save it from physical dragons or ice. The coverage is great, and because it's got alot of natural special defense It's usually a safe switch in to any special attacker.

Florges-Blue @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
Florges is my main specially defensive wall, and serves as a good defensive wall at the same time. With Aromatherapy, I can heal any status's on absol, Goodra, or darmanitan. That's the reason I have aromatherapy, so statuses can't instantly shutdown my sweepers. I run wish obviously to heal up, but also to heal up my sweepers if need be. Usually I switch into Goodra on a wish if darmanitan and absol are low since they are frail, and will die anyway.

Darmanitan @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Physical sweeper, huge power coming from this Pokémon and can one-shot alot of things with it's coverage. Great start to the battle aswell, as it can U-turn out if it's a staller or just OHKO anything else most of the time

Last edited:
Hey man, for your first time, this is a pretty good team! Two glaring issues I see right off the bat though:
1. Run Stealth Rocks>Spikes on Forretress. Rocks allows for similar chip damage on other mons, but also hits pokemon that are not grounded, whereas Spikes hit exclusively pokemon that are grounded.
2. On Absol, run Play Rough>Psycho Cut. I think Psycho Cut is a pretty innovative move on Absol, but standard Absol runs Play Rough and Sucker Punch as it's main two STABs. If you are aiming to run a standard Absol, running Protect>Knock Off is good as well. Protect is there to safely allow a Mega Evolution, among other things. I'll leave the set below. Psycho Cut could possibly be used instead of Knock Off, but it does little more than hit Poison types for Absol, as Play Rough hits almost everything Psycho Cut does, while also being a strong STAB move.

Overall, I think this team is pretty good! It's pretty balanced, but looks like it has some nice synergy. The most interchangeable pokemon on this team in my opinion is probably Sableye, because it is super passive. However, I don't think that's a change that MUST be made. This is a nice team to build on your first try, man! Good luck to you in testing and laddering!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)