Sharking truth (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw

After much thought i chose to make Garchomp the mega of my team. Substitute helps me avoid the common status inflicting moves such as Will-O-Wisp or Toxic. it has helped me beat mew many times and get an advantage. swords dance boosts can help take down many of the more stubborn defenders. The last two moves are earthquake and dragon claw, two common stab moves.Earthquake when boosted by Garchomps mega sand force ability plus any possible swords dance boosts can cause major damage. The last move i was debating on due to Garchomp suffering from 4 move syndrome but finally decided on dragon claw for those stab boosted damage moves. it also helps take out none scarf kyurem Black if i do not mega and decide to just attack.

My answer to skarmory / Levitate users

CrossArms (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Gravity
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Landorus has become a staple in my ground teams. its versatility coupled by its amazing stats and ability have definitely always kept me looking for ways to use it on my teams. This particular life orb set uses gravity in order to bring most Pokemon back down to earth. Gravity has helped me a lot vs steel match ups as it can two shot Skarmory with earth power and take out Heatran if it has an air balloon. but those are just a few small examples. another feature of gravity is its ability to increase low accuracy moves, such is the case with focus blast dishonorable known by its other name focus miss. i cant tell you how many times i needed focus blast to be at full accuracy and with the life orb boost it gets the job done well. the last two moves are earth power, typical stab ground move and psychic which threatens fighting type teams.

Order in the court !

Mr.Judge (Torterra) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Now this is a pokemon i have been intending to use for a very long time on my team. What can i say about torterra its typing is an amazing addition to any ground team. I got the idea to add it to my team when a close friend of mine terrors gave me the suggestion. Torterra is ran scarfed in order to outspeed and take out threats to my team like specs keldeo. It has done amazing for my water match ups with its ability to bring down the hammer ( Wood Hammer) on most water pokemon like politoad or azumarill. gotta watch out for those sap sipper variants tho. I run stone edge in case i need to deal with zard y and take it out. even though its mostly a last resort due to stone edges low accuracy. earthquake is run for stab power and super power is just another good move option. Torterra also helps with the ground and rock match ups.

Classic sand setter (Insert darude reference)

Darude Refrence (Hippowdon) @ Eject Button
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Not much to say about this one, good ol reliable sand setter. Hippowdons main job is to set up sand and get out. (gets ejected) after that i try to keep him healthy for late game. stealth rocks for hazards, whirl wind to get those stat boosters outa here ! and finally slack off for hp recovery. to be honest i am not sure my self about the EV spread i had given it so if you have any suggestions id love to hear it.

The Big Hitter

Drillbur senior (Excadrill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

The other staple to most sand teams. Excadrills sand rush ability has almost carried the team on its back for most ladder games. The banded set gives it that extra power as well. Earthquake for stab, Iron head, most fairy users hate this move, hits hard gets that stab ... might flinch. X-Scissor is a move that has helped me greatly with the Psychic match up as it makes sure slowbro cant just come in and wall you. and helps deal with levitating Psychic pokemon like latios and latias. And finally banded boosted rock slides can help with the flying match ups.

The Thirstiest one

toadalitarian (Seismitoad) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

I had debated for a while trying to decide if i should run seismitoad or gastrodon as my water absorber. but i finally decided to run seismitoad because it can also help with those pesky fairy types like Azumarill. you can say that this seismitoad was made to take out bellydrum Azumarill. its will always be faster than full speed invested azumarill and can take out Azumarill with its specs boosted Sludgewave. be careful if azumarill is protected by screens tho. without toad my team could be swept easily with a belly drum boosted Azumarill. so make sure to keep it ready. scald and earthpower are just used for stab power. and finally grass knot helps with water match ups. particularly water ground pokemon like Gastrodon, Swampert, Quagsire and other toads.

This was my first RMT. I hope you guys could give me some tips or advice any would be appreciated. I had fun using the team.
This is one of the games i had as proof of ladder.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-403288454

A Few Threats

Empoleon
This pokemon can destroy ground teams if ran right. Agility coupled with three powerful moves like ice beem, scald and grass knot can destroy me.

Gyarados
more specifically its mega can be tricky to deal with.

Kyurem-Black
This pokemon is almost a 50/50 to be devastating. the scarf variant can catch me of guard.

Slowbro
common pokemon that can wall me if i d not take care of it fast.

Starmie
Starmie can break my team unless exca is out with his sand surfboard. not even scarf Torterra can out-speed it.

Volcanion
if it has an air balloon it can be tricky. I usually go into Seismitoad to counter it. but some run hp grass so having gravity up is my best bet.

Sharking truth (Garchomp) @ Garchompite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw

Timid Nature
- Gravity
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Darude Refrence (Hippowdon) @ Eject Button
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Drillbur senior (Excadrill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Bomb

Last edited:

Confluxx [Old]

Banned deucer.
Hey, nice team! I have a few suggestions that might help you out.

• Swords Dance --> Mixed ; Having something to hit Pokemon such as Skarmory outside of just Landorus-I is pretty convenient. You already have Choice Band Excadrill and Torterra as your physical attackers, so a mixed Mega Garchomp could put in a lot of work on your team. This also allows you to take out Mega Charizard Y with Stone Edge because it's a big threat to your team considering you don't have Rock Slide on Landorus-I. Torterra does carry Stone Edge and it's Choice Scarf but it can't switch in obviously, and if your opponent knows you're Choice Scarf you can't lure it in.
  • Psychic --> Rock Slide / Sludge Wave ; I just mentioned Rock Slide, and it's a pretty good option on Landorus-I for hitting Mega Charizard Y and other Flying-types if Gravity isn't up or in cased where you can't afford to set it up and have to attack. Sludge Wave is also a good option for hitting Grass-types because you really have nothing for them. Earth Power + Sludge Wave deals with all Fighting-types except Heracross which shouldn't be that big of a problem for you unless it's Mega Heracross, but Mega Garchomp can check that with Fire Blast.
  • Superpower --> Seed Bomb ; You said Superpower is just a coverage move, cause Torterra doesn't really get that many moves. If that's the case I recommend replacing Superpower with Seed Bomb because in some cases you can't afford to take the recoil because it might cost you.
  • 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe --> 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe ; There's really no reason to run max Speed on Seismitoad. 184 EVs in Speed make sure you outspeed Jolly Crawdaunt, even though Adamant is the most common nature, as well as Azumarill.
Sharking truth (Garchomp-Mega) (M) @ Garchompite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Gravity
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave / Rock Slide

Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot
- Sludge Wave

Hope I helped, good luck with the team! :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)