Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Standard Attacker. Works great under sand as a check to a large amount of Special Attackers.

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

Primary Physical Wall. Standard set with hazard setup and phazing capabilities. I like Rocky Helmet as it synergizes very with Sand.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Compliments Hippowdon very well. Gives Spikes + Stealth Rock + Sand combo and deals with Water types and is just a good Pokemon in general.

Volcanion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power

Checks Charizard and Heatran as well as most Grass types, which may give the team some issues. Assault Vest gives this thing the ability to check a lot more than it normally does.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

A strong Spinblocker/Special Attacker and puts a lot of pressure on walls.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Not sure if I want to keep this or possibly another Pokemon, but it seems to do the trick. Standard Keldeo. Hits hard, is fast. You know the drill.

If you see any glaring weaknesses or have some suggestions, feel free to tell me! I'm pretty open-minded.

First off, although you call it a sand team, I'd consider a team with Hippowdon instead. You call it sand offense, but you don't have sand rush or sand veil, and the only rock type on your team is Diancie, and Sand doesn't solve its problem against Iron Head and Bullet Punch.
As for the individual Pokemon:
Keldeo: Bug isn't a very good coverage move, so HP bug should be switched for icy wind. Choice scarf makes Keldeo more effective as a revenge killer and is in most cases better than specs.
Gengar: Spinblocking isn't really an important part of the metagame, and Gengar isn't bulky enough to make good use of pain split. Replace it with focus blast to hit threaten steel types.
Ferrothorn: I would replace power whip with thunder wave or toxic so that it isn't complete setup fodder. This is my personal preference, but I don't like spikes without Bisharp to punish defog.
Hippowdon: I don't know what synergies rocky helmet has with sand.

Overall, your team has it's typings covered pretty well, and I don't see anything that can 6-0 your team. However, you do lack physical attackers and stallbreakers, meaning walls like Blissey and Chansey are going to wall you forever, and Regenrator Core teams will not be fun to deal with (although they never are, I suppose). There are other problems as well, such as a lack of defog, u-turn, or knock off. These issues, however can't really be solved without changing your team composition.

Last edited:
First off, although you call it a sand team, I'd consider a team with Hippowdon instead. You call it sand offense, but you don't have sand rush or sand veil, and the only rock type on your team is Diancie, and Sand doesn't solve its problem against Iron Head and Bullet Punch.
As for the individual Pokemon:
Keldeo: Bug isn't a very good coverage move, so HP bug should be switched for icy wind. Choice scarf makes Keldeo more effective as a revenge killer and is in most cases better than specs.
Gengar: Spinblocking isn't really an important part of the metagame, and Gengar isn't bulky enough to make good use of pain split. Replace it with focus blast to hit threaten steel types.
Ferrothorn: I would replace power whip with thunder wave or toxic so that it isn't complete setup fodder. This is my personal preference, but I don't like spikes without Bisharp to punish defog.
Hippowdon: I don't know what synergies rocky helmet has with sand.

Overall, your team has it's typings covered pretty well, and I don't see anything that can 6-0 your team. However, you do lack physical attackers and stallbreakers, meaning walls like Blissey and Chansey are going to wall you forever, and Regenrator Core teams will not be fun to deal with (although they never are, I suppose). There are other problems as well, such as a lack of defog, u-turn, or knock off. These issues, however can't really be solved without changing your team composition.
Keldeo: HP Bug is more of a luring move than a coverage move for the likes of Slowbro and Starmie, which both give my team trouble due to troubles with Regenerator (as you mentioned above) and Rapid Spin, since my team does like having its hazards up. This and also hitting the Latis super effectively. Scarf probably would work better due to the whittle-down nature of this team, so I will change that.

Gengar: I seem to have used the wrong term here. It's more of a way to deal with both spinning and Defogging, pressuring most users of both. The Pain Split was more of an experimentatal thing and I will likely take it out.

Ferrothorn: I never really have issues with it becoming setup fodder. I find it's able to hit just hard enough to not get set up on by a majority of Pokemon that come in, but that's my personal experience and I may be wrong in the long run. I can see what you're saying here, though.

Hippowdon: Rocky Helmet + Sand is very effective at whittling away opponent's Pokemon, I.E. if a Zard X, for example, Flare Blitzes and I switch to Hippo predicting it, Zard's going to take a chunk to its health in addition to possible hazards I may have up.

The physical attacker problem definitely is relevant. That I very much agree with. Similar case with the stallbreaking, but Gengar tends to work well enough for the time being. The lacking of Defog, U-Turn, and Knock Off are also definitely issues. Thank you for your advice.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello,

your RMT does not really fit the standards set by our rules in terms of content. Your descriptions are way too short, and not always all that helpful. Describing Hippowdon as "Primary Physical Wall" does not facilitate the raters' work. They probably would figure out by themselves that indeed, Hippowdon, is a physical wall.
In any case, if you want to see this RMT being unlocked, you need to send me by private message a new version of it, with improved descriptions.
You need to explain why is the Pokémon here, what does it cover, why this one over another etc.
It would take you a minute or two to check someone else's RMT if you want to see how people usually write their descriptions.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)