Megas For All: V4! (Voting - Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir)

Would you guys be interested if I had MFA include Gen 8 mons when it comes out?

• Total voters

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And the winner is Yoshiblaze's Mega Pelipper! And now, the next slate.

Monkey Business

Limitations:

Primeape has an ability level limitation of 4 and two new moves.

Infernape has an ability level limitation of 3.5 but no new moves. Infernape already has good stats in the right places to become an extremely powerful Mega Evolution, but it also has a vast movepool at its disposal on top of that (Flare Blitz, Close Combat, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Stone Edge, Gunk Shot, Grass Knot, Swords Dance, Nasty Plot, Slack Off, Taunt, and many more), so we didn't think it needed any more new moves, and is also why its ability limit is only at 3.5. But if you guys think Infernape would be fine if it got a new move, then feel free to voice your reasoning.

Ambipom gets an ability level limitation of 4 and two new moves. While not a restriction exactly, if you want to add Tail Slap to your Mega Ambipom, then you're absolutely free to, but you might want to think about when we eventually go over Mega Cincinno in the future, and think about how you could set the two apart. Just food for thought.

Voting will last for 5 days, so get your submissions in while you can.

Primeape

FightingFighting/Dark

HP: 65 → 65 (0)

Atk: 105 → 165 (+60)

Def: 60 → 60 (0)

SpA: 60 → 60 (0)

SpD: 70 → 70 (0)

Spe: 95 → 135 (+40)

Vital Spirit/Anger Point/DefiantMoxie

New Moves: Mach Punch, Knock Off

• Fantastic attack stat and good speed allows Primeape to be a threatening wallbreaker while Moxie allows it to also sweep teams

• Mach Punch is priority and makes sense since Primeape has boxing gloves from hands. Knock Off is a great STAB move and also adds utility.

• Terrible bulk means that even moderately powerful neutral moves will take a large chunk of health away

• Both STABs are resisted by Fairy types which forces Primeape to struggle with 4MSS, leaving it always walled by something.
Ambipom

NormalNormal/Grass

HP: 75 → 75 (0)

Atk: 100 → 140 (+40)

Def: 66 → 66 (0)

SpA: 66 → 66 (0)

SpD: 66 → 66 (0)

Spe: 115 → 175 (+60)

Technician/Pickup/Skill LinkTechnician

New Moves: Tail Slap, Bullet Seed

• Solid base 140 attacking and blazing fast speed.

• Grass type cause it's a monkey and lives in trees.

• Technician is probably Ambipom's best ability, being much better than its counterpart Cincinno.

• Tail Slap and Bullet Seed are STAB moves that both benefit from Technician.

• Very frail and has a rather poor defensive typing. Bulky attackers that can survive a hit can easily take it out.

Infernape

Fire/FightingFire/Fighting

HP: 76 → 76 (0)

Atk: 104 → 140 (+36)

Def: 71 → 71 (0)

SpA: 104 → 140 (+36)

SpD: 71 → 71 (0)

Spe: 108 → 136 (+28)

Blaze/Iron FistIron Fist

New Moves: Ice Punch

• Good mixed attacking stats allow Infernape to continue to run physical, special and mixed attacking sets.

• 136 speed is quite good as well, allowing Infernape to outsped a plethora of common Pokemon in OU.

• While Iron Fist isn't the greatest ability in the world, it goes well with Infernape's movepool.
  • Ice Punch is coverage that gets boosted Iron Fist and allows Infernape to deal significant damage to bulky flying types like Landorus-T and Dragonite. I really don't feel like it's overly broken since the boost from Iron Fist is relatively small and it forces Infernape to give up something up else on physical sets. Up to the council though, I'll remove it if I need to.

• Infernape is still very frail and fire/fighting is not a great defensive type. While its speed is good, it's still outsped by some common choice scarf users such as Landorus-T and Keldeo who can easily take out Infernape with their STAB moves.

Last edited:

Primeape-Mega
Type:

Stats-

HP: 65
Atk: 105 -> 150 (+45)
Def: 60-> 70 (+10)
SpAtk: 60
SpDef: 70 -> 80 (+10)
Spe: 95 -> 130 (+35)
Ability: Enragiate (Fire-type version of Pixilate that would be exclusive to Primeape because of the name; pronounced "En-ray-jee-ate")
Move Additions: Knock Off and Flame Charge
Description: Primeape's emotions literally boil over, heating it's emotions to the point that it becomes a Fire-type. Along with this new found Fire-typing, Primeape gains a huge boost to it's Attack and Speed, allowing it to be a threatening wallbreaker with a pretty good offensive typing, as well as Enragiate, turning it's Normal-type moves like Return, Secret Power, and Façade into powerful Fire-type moves. I gave it Knock Off for coverage and Flame Charge to simulate its anger overheating (it learns Overheat, BTW) and surrounding it in rage fueled Fire!... And to raise Speed. Primeape is a very strong threat, but poor bulk keeps it from being unstoppable.

Infernape-Mega
Type:

Stats-

HP: 76
Atk: 104 -> 144 (+40)
Def: 71 -> 76 (+5)
SpAtk: 104 -> 119 (+15)
SpDef: 71
Spe: 108 -> 148 (+40)
Ability: Technician
Move Additions: N/A
Description: Infernape receives a huge boost to Attack and Speed, and a small boost to Special Attack, allowing it to be a strong Physical, Special, or mixed sweeper. I gave it Technician to boost some of it's weaker moves like: Flame Wheel, Incinerate, Rock Tomb, Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, Aerial Ace, Fake Out, Power-Up Punch, and Feint. Infernape is very, very strong, but 76/76/71 bulk isn't great, allowing it to get taken down by anything pretty powerful that takes a Techinician-boosted Flame Wheel.

Ambipom-Mega
Type:

Stats-

HP: 75
Atk: 100 -> 135 (+35)
Def: 66
SpAtk: 60 -> 95 (+35)
SpDef: 66 -> 76 (+10)
Spe: 115 -> 135 (+20)
Ability: Adaptability
Move Additions: Hyper Voice and Zen Headbutt
Description: Ambipom receives a big boost to Attack and Special Attack and slightly smaller boosts to Special Defense and Speed. This, plus Adaptability, gives Ambipom a ton of power, especially with it's STAB moves. Ambipom already has amazing coverage on both the Physical and Special side (including: Aerial Ace, Thunderbolt, Water Pulse, the Elemental Punches, Gunk Shot, Seed Bomb, Knock Off, Low Kick, Shadow Ball, U-Turn, and some more), so I gave it Hyper Voice for strong Special STAB and Zen Headbutt for more Fighting coverage... and it's head is huge... Ambipom is very powerful, but it's bulk is... you know where I'm going with this.

Ability: Vital Spirit / Anger Point / Defiant ---> Adaptability
Typing:
Fighting / Ground
Stats:

HP 65
Atk 105 ---> 150 (+45)
Def 60 ---> 75 (+15)
SpA 60 ---> 60
SpD 70 ---> 80 (+10)
Spe 95 ---> 125 (+30)
BST 455 ---> 555
New Moves: Fake Out, Knock Off
Description: Introducing a new typing, this new mega can be very harmful. It can take advantage of its two Attack-boosting abilities in its base form (especially of Defiant, which is simpler to use) and then mega-evolve to strike some 2xAtk (or 4x, if you manage to get Anger Point's boost) 200 BP Earthquakes and 240 BP Close Combats, filling your two other spots with Fake Out (it's the only monkey-like pokemon that doesn't get it) and an 80 BP P-Up Punch or a coverage move like Ice, Fire or Thunder Punch, Knock Off or Gunk Shot for Fairy-types. However it wouldn't be at the level of Mega Lucario since it can't learn SD, it hasn't STAB priority, it can only take advantage of physical attacking stat and moves and it has a slightly worse typing, giving it 6 weaknesses, but 2 very good stabs. Flavour-wise, the Ground type was thinked because Ash finds a Mankey and a Primeape in a desert-like environment and they usually can be found there, while the ability is for the same reasons, as it can adapt to an extreme environment. In the appearance I imagine it as more furry and with more wild features (I may draw it as well).

Last edited:

Mega Primeape:
Type: Fighting --> Fire/Fighting
Ability: Anger Point/Defiant/Vital Spirit --> Contrary
Base Stats
:-
HP: 65 --> 65
ATK: 105 --> 110 (+5, total remaining: 95)
DEF: 60 --> 85 (+25, total remaining: 70)
SPA: 60 --> 110 (+50, t.r.: 20)
SPD: 70 --> 85 (+15, t.r.: 5)
SPE: 95 --> 100 (+5, t.r.: 0)
BST: 455 --> 555 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Shadow Claw, Drain Punch

Description and Explanation: This monkey went completely bloody nuts! Its fur is even shaggier, its fists have produced what look like bike chains from somewhere, and its feet now sport nasty, raking talons. Primeape's generally ornery nature really comes through with this Mega Evolution, allowing it to get so angry that it point-blank refuses to have its stats lowered by something as prosaic as overheating or summoning an enormous meteor from the sky. It can run an effective mixed set with this evolution, combining STAB Close Combat, STAB Overheat, Shadow Claw for that delicious Ghost/Fighting coverage, and Drain Punch for some healing. King Kong better recognise. =]
Counters: While King Kong might be intimidated, other 'mons? Not necessarily so much. It doesn't really have an answer to bulky Water-types outside of Thunderbolt and Seed Bomb, and Pink Blobs especially are something it can have problems with. Mons that particularly come to mind are Rotom-Wash, Mega Slowbro (which resists both its STABs), and Starmie, which can outspeed and do serious damage with a Hydro Pump before you can get a boost off. Clefable can shrug off a +2 Overheat and do exceptional damage with Moonblast, and Chansey can tank a surprising amount of damage, though one does run the risk of simply letting it set up with a boatload of boosts. =]

Mega Ambipom:
Type: Normal --> Normal/Fighting
Ability
: Pickup/Skill Link/Technician --> Adaptability
Base Stats
HP: 75 --> 75
ATK: 100 --> 140 (+40, total remaining: 60)
DEF: 66 --> 99 (+33, t.r.: 27)
SPA: 60 --> 30 (-30, t.r.: 57)
SPD: 66 --> 99 (+33, t.r.: 24)
SPE: 115 --> 139 (+22, t.r.: 0)
BST: 482 --> 582 (+100)

Movepool Additions
: Extreme Speed, High Jump Kick

Description and Explanation: It's time to stop monkeying around, and Ambipom's certainly stopped. Its long handtails are joined by a third and it seems to grow a crash helmet over its head, though its tufty hair is still peeking out from between the hard, bony, cream-coloured plates. It's still adorable, but that adorableness is tempered with strength; between STAB Adaptability FakeSpeed, STAB High Jump Kick, and Shadow Claw for the aforementioned shweet GFC, it packs a serious punch. Its defences are also improved, though it's still very much a glass cannon.

Counters: Physical walls still stop it pretty handily, as do burn spreaders, in ways much akin to our old friend Mega Lopunny. However, unlike the Fun Bun, Mega Ambipom can't hit ghosts with its STABs, so some other threats like Mega Sableye and Chandelure can put the hurt on a bit.

Mega Infernape:
Type: Fire/Fighting --> Flying/Fighting
Ability
: Blaze/Iron Fist --> Compound Eyes
Base Stats
HP: 76 --> 76
ATK: 104 --> 129 (+25, total remaining: 75)
DEF: 71 --> 80 (+9, total remaining: 66)
SPA: 104 --> 129 (+25, t.r.: 41)
SPD: 71 --> 80 (+9, t.r.: 32)
SPE: 108 --> 140 (+32, t.r.: 0)
BST: 534 --> 634 (+100)

Movepool Additions: Hurricane

Description and Explanation: In this Mega Evolution, Infernape comes into his inheritance, gaining an elaborate jewelled crown and golden gauntlets that reach up the length of his arms. Speaking of arms, there are four now, and each bears a shining jewel embedded in the palm of its hand. Infernape is based on Hanuman, who is the son of Vaya, the wind god; this divine inheritance made me feel like adding Hurricane to the mix was a good plan. Hurricane, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, and Nasty Plot seem like good ideas for a set, too. =]

Counters: Much the same as the base form's, but with a more interesting typing. =]

Last edited:

Mega Primeape
Type
: Fighting/Poison
Stats: 65/150/60/60/75/145 (+45 Atk, +5 SpD, +50 Spe) BST: 555
Ability: Sheer Force
Move Additions: Knock Off and Mach Punch
Design: Bigger, Badder, and with purple fists.
Description: Mega Primeape's attack boosts to near nuclear levels. It's new Poison typing allows it to beat fairy type Pokemon with Sheer Force Gunk Shot. With it's boosted speed, it can outspeed almost all of the meta that isn't scarfed. And if you get outsped, you can just use Mach Punch to outrun them. Also with sheer force, it has good coverage in the elemental punches, and stone edge. A combo of Mach Punch/Gunk Shot/Earthquake/Ice Punch gives mega Primeape perfect neutral coverage. And it also gets knock off.

Mega Infernape
Type
: Fire/Fighting
Stats: 76/134/76/134/76/138 (+30 Atk, +5 Def, +30 SpA, +5 SpD, +30 Spe) BST:634
Ability: Mold Breaker
Move Additions : None
Description: This is MixApe to new level. With boosted balanced offensive stats, and a really nice speed stats, and an ability that doesn't favor one stat but makes both better. With amazing coverage options on both sides of the spectrum, Mega Infernape will be an amazing sweeper.

Mega Ambipom
Type
: Normal/Dark
Stats: 75/125/76/60/86/150 (+25 Atk, +10 Def, +20 SpD, +45 Spe) BST: 582
Ability: Tough Claws
Move Additions: Extreme Speed (Only needs one move)
Description: If you have played BH or STABmons, you should know how annoying FakeSpeed is. With it's new attack and speed stats, Tough Claws, and STAB Knock Off, it will be a force to be reckoned with.

Primeape-Mega
Type: Fight
Ability: Fleeting Fury (Gale Wings Clone for Fight type)
Stats-
Atk: 105 -> 190 (+85)
Def: 60-> 45 (-15)
SpAtk: 60 -> 55 (-5)
SpDef: 70 -> 60 (-10)
Spe: 95 -> 140 (+45)
New Moves: Mach Punch
Description: Primeape is a frail, FRAIL mon. Sporting only somewhat more attack than Rampardos (with no item which means LO Ramp will outdamage it) and no resistance to any of the priority moves, Primeape is easily killed... if he doesn't kill you first. With half (technically 75%) the power of an ESpeed in +2 priority Mach Punch, Primeape can rip things up, but the best he can do to boost up in the face of trouble is... Bulk Up. Hone Claws is... eh? It doesn't have many accuracy issues but it has plenty of defensive ones. A CB Aqua Jet from Azumarill is an 18.8% chance to KO if rocks are up. Dragonite laughs at Fight moves. Both of these mons demand an elemental punch (Stone Edge can't assure the KO on Dnite.)

Then there's the speed. There are faster mons. Mega Beedrill can easily revenge because it outspeeds and quad resists Mach Punch, even with Shit defenses. Because Ape cant speed boost, Bee's poison jab WILL kill it. Skarmory can survive any unboosted attack and kill it in turn. Cofagrius doesn't care either and using an ele punch will kill your ability, thereby ruining a potential sweep. Even Amolamola is scary because it's not one shot unless you get 2 Bulk Up/Hone Claws in first and even then, what idiot is gonna let you do that. Amola will burn away your usefulness.

190 Atk isn't as impressive as it may seem when you are as sturdy as tissue and are just a little too slow. Mega Bee hits harder with Adaptability and is faster as well. Mega Ape is... not bad here, but still. Prove me wrong.

Infernape-Mega Type: Fire (Yes, it loses Fight type)
Stats-

Atk: 104 -> 134 (+30)
Def: 71 -> 86 (+15)
SpAtk: 104 -> 129 (+25)
SpDef: 71 -> 86 (+15)
Spe: 108 -> 123 (+15)
Ability: No Guard
Move Additions: Zap Cannon, Inferno, Dynamic Punch (I DARE you to to tell me Infernape will use these moves unmega, I fuckin DARE you!)
Description: Infernape's No Guard movepool is depressing as fuck! No HJK, no DP, no Inferno. Damnit, Fire/Fight was MADE for this type, only Electric/Fight would be more abusive... but such a mon to get said combo would never be able to use these moves anyway. I swear this game hates my dreams! In any case, Gunk Blast, Stone Edge and Iron Tail still abuse the combo if you find yourself struggling with certain coverage options. In truth, this monkey is just a somewhat stronger version of what it was.

No Guard is rank 4... fuck everything! Now I have to start over... and my plans for making an adapability clone that effects Non-STAB is ruined too. Phooey.

Infernape-Mega
Type: Fire/Fight
Stats-
Atk: 104 -> 134 (+30)
Def: 71 -> 106 (+35)
SpAtk: 104 -> 134 (+30)
SpDef: 71 -> 106 (+35)
Spe: 108 -> 78 (-30)
Ability: Bullet Proof
Move Additions: Coil (Not sure regular ape would use Coil, when Nasty Plot and SD get more bang for buck)
Description: So I decided to get defensive with a bulletproof monk. Yes, Infernape is still a strong mixed hitter, but now he wraps his tail up for defensive boosts and kicks ass. Ape already gets Slack Off for added defenses, and unlike most other Bullet Proofers, it resists little of the moves, and the two non-grass moves it does resist (Searing Shot and Ice Ball) are rarely seen anyway. I coulda made another sweeper out of Ape, but I decided to be different from everyone else since most of the offensive buffs I want are in higher ranks... *grumble*

Ambipom-Mega
Type:
Normal/Dark
Stats-HP: 75
Atk: 100 -> 120 (+20)
Def: 66 -> 86 (+20)
SpAtk: 60 -> 85 (+25)
SpDef: 66 -> 86 (+20)
Spe: 115 -> 130 (+15)
Ability: Regenerator
Move Additions: Parting Shot, Topsy-Turvy
Description: Its dark movepool is acceptable with Pursuit and Nasty Plot? But really, why not lose a tail and grow it back, or Parting Shot with Regenerator or steal any reason to use Malamar and give it to Ambi. Just watch out for Mach Punches.

EDIT: Goddamn it! I thought Primeape had a 4.5 limitation... sigh. I'll fix it too.

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Mega Primeape
Typing:
Fighting
Ability: Guts
HP: 65 (+0)
Attack: 170 (+65)
Defense: 80 (+20)
Special Attack: 60 (+0)
Special Defense: 75 (+5)
Speed: 105 (+10)
New Moves: Mach Punch and Knock Off
Description: 170 attack with a STAB Close Combat that can't be crippled by status. Nice. Mach Punch helps it pick off weakened opponents faster than it and Knock Off gives it the means to beat ghosts.

Mega Infernape
Typing:
Fire/Psychic
Ability: Cerebrate (-ate clone for the psychic type)
HP: 76 (+0)
Attack: 134 (+30)
Defense: 86 (+15)
Special Attack: 134 (+30)
Special Defense: 86 (+15)
Speed: 118 (+10)
New Move: Hyper Voice
Ability Justification: While 134 base offenses seems pretty scary when paired with Cerebrate boosted attacks, you'll find that it's damage is slightly underwhelming. In order to not get walled so easily, Infernape has to run set up moves. However, if using only 3 attacks, Infernape is just as easily walled by it's lackluster coverage.
Azumarill
Chansey (Special attacking set)
Garchomp
Gliscor
Heatran (non-CC/EQ)
Hippowdon (Physical attacking set)
Scarf Kyurem-B
Scarf/Defensive Landorus-T
The Latis
Mew
Quagsire (Physical attacking set)
Slowbro
Starmie

Tyranitar (non-CC)

Description: I really wanted Infernape to take on a monk-ish vibe, so I made it a psychic type. Although I'm not supposed to add new moves, Hyper Voice is absolutely nonviable on regular Infernape. As a powerful all-out attacker, Infernape can use Cerebrate boosted Fake Outs and Feints for priority and has options for mixed, physical and special sets. CM, Bulk Up, SD and Nasty Plot sets would seem to be very effective as well.

Mega Ambipom
Typing:
Normal
Ability: Prankster
HP: 75 (+0)
Attack: 120 (+20)
Defense: 96 (+30)
Special Attack: 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 96 (+30)
Speed: 125 (+10)
New Moves: Encore and Play Rough
Description: A pokemon reminiscent of Thundurus with Prankster Taunt and Thunder Wave. Weavile-level offensive stats enable it to be useful in not only the regard of Prankster, but also as an offensive threat. Increased bulk allows Ambipom to take hits pretty decently. Can also function as a Baton Passer with access to Nasty Plot, Agility and Hone Claws.

Last edited:

Mega Primeape
Typing:
Fighting/Electric
Ability: Sheer Force
Attack: 145 (+40)
Defense: 50 (-10)
Special Attack: 120 (+60)
Special Defense: 60 (-10)
Speed: 115 (+20)
New Moves: Grass Knot and Wild Charge
Description: This set is as gimmicky as it is min-maxy, but Primeape has an incredibly wide movepool and it would be a shame not to make use of it (and I'm too late to the monkey business to make a pure physical set...). Electric sub-typing because it has the volatility of a high-voltage area, the Mankey line has always been compatible with Electric TMs, and we have enough fire monkeys as it is. Sheer Force has a ton of options to run off on both spectrums, and with a suitably high pair of attacking stats you have a lot of flexibility with what you want to hit!

Mega Infernape
Typing:
Fire/Fighting
Ability: Limber
Attack: 129 (+25)
Defense: 71
Special Attack: 129 (+25)
Special Defense: 71
Speed: 158 (+50)
Description: This Mega Infernape is all about going fast, and it does this so well that even Mega Alakazam's incredible foresight and reflexes cannot keep up! Limber prevents the opponent from slowing it down the easy way and Infernape doesn't really need a high-quality offensive ability. It's already a Magmortar riding a Terrakion with Ninjask wings appended to the saddle.

Mega Ambipom
Typing:
Normal
Ability: Infiltrator
HP: 75
Attack: 140 (+40)
Defense: 76 (+10)
Special Attack: 70 (+10)
Special Defense: 76 (+10)
Speed: 145 (+30)
New Moves: Close Combat and Quick Attack
Description: Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Are you scared yet?
You will be with STAB Return, backed by Close Combat and Knock Off coverage, staring you in the face.
Your Substitute won't do you any good either. So just sit back, close your eyes and find your happy place...

Last edited:

Mega Infernape
Typing:
Fire/Psychic
Ability: Cerebrate (-ate clone for the psychic type)
HP: 76 (+0)
Attack: 134 (+30)
Defense: 86 (+15)
Special Attack: 134 (+30)
Special Defense: 86 (+15)
Speed: 118 (+10)
New Move: Hyper Voice
Description: I really wanted Infernape to take on a monk-ish vibe, so I made it a psychic type. Although I'm not supposed to add new moves, Hyper Voice is absolutely nonviable on regular Infernape. As a powerful all-out attacker, Infernape can use Cerebrate boosted Fake Outs and Feints for priority and has options for mixed, physical and special sets. CM, Bulk Up, SD and Nasty Plot sets would seem to be very effective as well.
Sorry to bother you, but -ate abilities are Rank 4 and Infernape was limited to Rank 3.5.

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist

Mega Ambipom
Typing:
Normal/Fighting
Stats:
HP:
Atk: 130
Def: 76
SpA: 100
SpD: 66
Spe: 135
New Moves:
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
Description: Ambipom now becomes a rowdy boxer with its both tails, with a loose attitude and no guard. While No Guard at first hand isn't very impressive at first hand bar now having access to Thunder, which is very nice thanks to M-Ambi's now average SpA, and Iron Tail, by digging deep one can find that Aipom gets some very nice low accuracy moves via Gen III Move Tutor, those being Mega Kick, which deals more damage than Return, and the powerful and now STAB Dynamic Punch. Ambipom's new fighting moves are also pretty great, with Drain Punch getting it some nice HP and Mach Punch serving as priority, making Mega Ambi a very threatening Pokemon.

Mega Infernape
New type:
Fire/Fighting ---> Fire/Fighting
Ability: Blaze/Iron Fist ---> Reckless
Stats:
HP: 76 ---> 76
Attack: 104 ---> 164 (+60)
Defense: 71 ---> 61 (-10)
Special Attack: 104 ---> 114 (+10)
Special Defense: 71 ---> 61 (-10)
Speed: 108 ---> 158 (+50)
New Move: Wild Charge
While it doesn't have too much to use with its special movepool, it gets access to stupidly powerful STAB Reckless-boosted Flare Blitzes, though it and Wild Charge are the only two viable moves that get the boost in its entire movepool, because Submission is pretty eh. It also won't live too many of its own Flare Blitzes, due to lower defenses and actually OHKOing more things.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
You can do that? You can actually justify a rule break?! Maybe I can keep my Primeape then too.
Give or take, yes. Just make sure it's not too powerful. I like to think about how the mega would fare in OU to determine viability.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Primeape - Mega
Ability: Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant -> No Guard
Type:
->

HP: 65 -> 65 (+0)
Attack: 105 -> 130 (+25)
Defence: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 60 -> 110 (+50)
Special Defence: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Speed: 95 -> 110 (+15)
BST: 455 -> 555 (+100)

New Moves: Blizzard (Because Primeape already gets
and
special moves, why not
to match the elemental punches), Irritated Soul (Basically a renamed clone of Calm Mind; because Primeape is not calm... not at all). Hopefully this is allowed, since it works the exact same as calm mind :)

Descrption: Mega Primeape becomes a mixed attacker, with a range of moves. Primeape benefits from No Guard greatly, making it so that moves such as Dynamic Punch, Stone Edge, Blizzard, Gunk Shot, Thunder and Focus Blast have no risk involved it them. Mega Primeape would be extremely hard to predict, working like Mega Lucario, apart from missing out on the priority. It can even set up an Irritation or Bulk Up to really get going.

Counters: The main counters I can see (If this was OU, which i can see Mega Primeape being in) are Talonflame, because Primeape isn't exactly going to live a Brave Bird, Thundrus and Tornadus outspeed it by 1 point and can Air Slash/Hurricane. Crobat can outspeed and brave bird... in other words, any fast flying type can get rid of Mega Primeape... Psychic isn't as much as a problem, but Alakazam and Starmie might pose a few problems to it.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Infernape - Mega
Ability: Blaze/Iron Fist -> Scrappy
Type:
/
->
/

HP: 76 -> 76 (+0)
Attack: 104 -> 130 (+26)
Defence: 71 -> 75 (+4)
Special Attack: 104 -> 130 (+26)
Special Defence: 71 -> 75 (+4)
Speed: 108 -> 148 (+40)
BST: 534 -> 634 (+100)

Descrption: Infernape is an all round mixed attacker, and I wanted to keep it that way in its mega. I gave it scrappy, so it can hit ghost types with Close Combat, Feint, Fake Out, Mach Punch, and even Vacuum Wave. It can be played in numerous ways, making it sort of difficult to predict. It can be played as an offensive sweeper, a fast supporter or a Counter to Sableye

Counters: Talonflame (resists both its dual STABs and can hit hard with +1 Priority Brave bird), Starmie (once again resist both dual STABs aand can hit hard with hydro pump or scald), Alakazam (Outspeeds and can psychic for heavy damage)

Design: Infernape's fire turns white (to represent white hot fire, obviously), it gets brass knuckles and the white "clothes" turn black. Infernapes body turns a darker shade. Its tail is now on fire, with the white flames. the yellow parts all over its body turn white.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ambipom - Mega
Ability: Technican/Skill Link/Pickup -> Skill Link (I was going to give it another ability, but Skill Link is best imo)
Typing:
->
/

HP: 75 -> 75 (+0)
Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Defence: 66 -> 51 (-15)
Special Attack: 60 -> 60 (+0)
Special Defence: 66 -> 51 (-15)
Speed: 115 -> 205 (+90)
BST: 482 -> 582 (+100)

New Moves: Arm Thrust (Come on, it has 2 giant hands... how could it not have this move?), Shadow Punch (gets STAB, and wont really help the regular Ambipom)

Description: I wanted to make Mega - Ambipom a glass cannon. No priority moves (other than Bullet punch) can hit it (excluding abilities) which makes it so that you need to be able to take it out in 1 hit, which isn't that difficult. Mega - Ambipom can go for hone claws/work up, but it is extremely risky, like Beedrill - Mega going for swords dance. They would probably run protect or fake out (for the same reason as M-Beedrill)

Counters: Anything with any pokemon that can live a hit, and then strike back. And Talonflame, thanks to priority brave bird.

Design: The Purple colour turns darker, the cream on the hands turns a faded red and it gains 1 extra hand. The hands now have blood red tips.

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage

Primeape - Mega
Ability: Vital Spirit/Anger Point/Defiant -> No Guard
Type:
->

HP: 65 -> 65 (+0)
Attack: 105 -> 130 (+25)
Defence: 60 -> 70 (+10)
Special Attack: 60 -> 110 (+50)
Special Defence: 70 -> 70 (+0)
Speed: 95 -> 110 (+15)
BST: 455 -> 555 (+100)

New Moves: Blizzard (Because Primeape already gets
and
special moves, why not
to match the elemental punches), Irritated Soul (Basically a renamed clone of Calm Mind; because Primeape is not calm... not at all). Hopefully this is allowed, since it works the exact same as calm mind :)

Descrption: Mega Primeape becomes a mixed attacker, with a range of moves. Primeape benefits from No Guard greatly, making it so that moves such as Dynamic Punch, Stone Edge, Blizzard, Gunk Shot, Thunder and Focus Blast have no risk involved it them. Mega Primeape would be extremely hard to predict, working like Mega Lucario, apart from missing out on the priority. It can even set up an Irritation or Bulk Up to really get going.

Counters: The main counters I can see (If this was OU, which i can see Mega Primeape being in) are Talonflame, because Primeape isn't exactly going to live a Brave Bird, Thundrus and Tornadus outspeed it by 1 point and can Air Slash/Hurricane. Crobat can outspeed and brave bird... in other words, any fast flying type can get rid of Mega Primeape... Psychic isn't as much as a problem, but Alakazam and Starmie might pose a few problems to it.

Infernape - Mega
Ability: Blaze/Iron Fist -> Scrappy
Type:
/
->
/

HP: 76 -> 76 (+0)
Attack: 104 -> 130 (+26)
Defence: 71 -> 75 (+4)
Special Attack: 104 -> 130 (+26)
Special Defence: 71 -> 75 (+4)
Speed: 108 -> 148 (+40)
BST: 534 -> 634 (+100)

Descrption: Infernape is an all round mixed attacker, and I wanted to keep it that way in its mega. I gave it scrappy, so it can hit ghost types with Close Combat, Feint, Fake Out, Mach Punch, and even Vacuum Wave. It can be played in numerous ways, making it sort of difficult to predict. It can be played as an offensive sweeper, a fast supporter or a Counter to Sableye

Counters: Talonflame (resists both its dual STABs and can hit hard with +1 Priority Brave bird), Starmie (once again resist both dual STABs aand can hit hard with hydro pump or scald), Alakazam (Outspeeds and can psychic for heavy damage)

Design: Infernape's fire turns white (to represent white hot fire, obviously), it gets brass knuckles and the white "clothes" turn black. Infernapes body turns a darker shade. Its tail is now on fire, with the white flames. the yellow parts all over its body turn white.

Ambipom - Mega
Ability: Technican/Skill Link/Pickup -> Skill Link (I was going to give it another ability, but Skill Link is best imo)
Typing:
->
/

HP: 75 -> 75 (+0)
Attack: 100 -> 140 (+40)
Defence: 66 -> 51 (-15)
Special Attack: 60 -> 60 (+0)
Special Defence: 66 -> 51 (-15)
Speed: 115 -> 205 (+90)
BST: 482 -> 582 (+100)

New Moves: Arm Thrust (Come on, it has 2 giant hands... how could it not have this move?), Shadow Strike (gets STAB, and wont really help the regular Ambipom)

Description: I wanted to make Mega - Ambipom a glass cannon. No priority moves (other than Bullet punch) can hit it (excluding abilities) which makes it so that you need to be able to take it out in 1 hit, which isn't that difficult. Mega - Ambipom can go for hone claws/work up, but it is extremely risky, like Beedrill - Mega going for swords dance. They would probably run protect or fake out (for the same reason as M-Beedrill)

Counters: Anything with any pokemon that can live a hit, and then strike back. And Talonflame, thanks to priority brave bird.

Design: The Purple colour turns darker, the cream on the hands turns a faded red and it gains 1 extra hand. The hands now have blood red tips.
Are fake moves (as in Shadow Strike on Ambipom) allowed?

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shadow Strike is the Japaneae name for Shadow Sneak. Maybe that's what Ludicrousity means?
Yeah, i got mixed up... there is a move in CAPmons called Shadow Strike. It's an 80BP, 95% accuracy, physical ghost type move with a 50% chance to lower defence... not sure if it's allowed, hopefully it is... if it isn't i can change it, but Valmanway is the person that I need to hear from :/

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, i got mixed up... there is a move in CAPmons called Shadow Strike. It's an 80BP, 95% accuracy, physical ghost type move with a 50% chance to lower defence... not sure if it's allowed, hopefully it is... if it isn't i can change it, but Valmanway is the person that I need to hear from :/
CAP moves aren't allowed here, sorry.

Also voting will start sometime tonight, so there should be enough time for any last-second submissions/changes.

Type: Fighting
Stats:
Atk: 105 -> 135 (+30)
Def: 60-> 95 (+35)
SpAtk: 60 -> 40 (-20)
SpDef: 70 -> 95 (+25)
Spe: 95 -> 125 (+30)
New Moves: Swords Dance, Sucker Punch
Description: Primeape gains No Guard, which makes it a prime Dynamic Punch abuser, especially with it's greater Attack and better Speed tier. No Guard also let's it use Stone Edge against Flying types and Iron Tail/Gunk Shot against Fairy types. Although Primeape already had access to Bulk Up and Power-Up Punch, Swords Dance makes it insanely dangerous. Since No Guard means that it'll be taking all of the opponents hits, it gains extra defense as well to deal with it. All in all, Mega Primeape becomes a force to be reckoned with, but it is not without flaws. Although it has relatively good defenses, 65 HP is pretty poor, especially when all of the opponents moves will be hitting it. Plus, Primeape has absolutely no form of recovery. Although Primeape is pretty fast AND finally has a form of priority in Sucker Punch, It dies easily to Talonflame and because it's form of priority is Sucker Punch, it fares poorly against mons with Prankster.

Type: Fire/Fighting
Ability: Tinted Lens
Stats:
Atk: 104 -> 136 (+32)
Def: 71-> 76 (+5)
SpAtk: 104 -> 136 (+32)
SpDef: 71 -> 76 (+5)
Spe: 108 -> 134 (+26)
New Moves: N/A
Description: Infernape is based on Sun Wukong, and Sun Wukong is famous for kicking everybody's asses. Mega Infernape gains Tinted Lens following this theme as it allows it Mega Infernape to disregard type disadvantages for the most part. Combine this with Mega Infernape's great mixed attacking stats and it becomes unpredictable and hard to switch into. Swords Dance or Nasty Plot can be used for wall breaking of either kind, and it has both physical and special priority to help clean up, although it could just use it's insane speed stat for that as well. However, despite being able to do neutral damage to more mons, it's neutral damage itself isn't much improved. It's bulk is still pretty low so it can be taken out pretty easily with the right priority moves, even with it's speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)