ORAS OU M-Diancie and Volcanion Balance Offense (1800s ELO)

Mega-Diancie and Volcanion Balance Offense
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and thanks for opening and starting the reading. So this is a team i made for a specific game and with the known purpose to beat a specific opponent. But i found out that it was pretty good to ladder with and in many tournaments games i played in with. And well, i thought about sharing it with you as i enjoy playing it and i hope you'll find some improvements to make and have some fun trying it. I don't exactly remember how i built it and the changes i made in the process so the teambuilding process won't be exhaustive but i'll try to make it as good as possible.

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS

I don't exactly remember how i built it and the changes i made in the process so the teambuilding process won't be exhaustive but i'll try to make it as good as possible.

So i started with an initial core of M-Diancie and Volcanion. I think they have a really good synergie, offensively and defensively. Indeed, the combination of their stabs is kind of difficult to wall and while Volcanion covers the steel and water weakness of M-Diancie, M-Diancie can beat Volcanion's checks, such as the Latis without earthquake. Moreover, Magic Bounce is great with Volcanion as it scares SR users and you can play mindgames with them.
Then, I wanted something to beat the fat special walls who really block the 2 affordmentioned pokemons. Which is why i added a banded Weavile.

With Weavile added, i thought i had a good offensive core, able to get throught most of the defensive cores you can meet while playing. But i was really weak to Stealth Rocks so i wanted to add a defoger. I chose Mew because it has a usefull fighting resist and besides, it can WoW potential pursuit-trappers, tank pretty much every special attacker besides Gengar which can be dealt with Weavile.

Then, I was needing something to set up SR. Ferrothorn seemed good as it can beat many of the hazard removers and has a good synergie with Mew. I actually find it quite useless during some games, sometimes even making me lose allowing things like Scizor, Gyara, etc., to set-up, so i'm thinking about a way to change this.

And finally, i wanted something fast, able to revenge-kill and maybe able to give me a ground immunity and an electric immunity. So Landorus inserted himself in the team really well. That last poke added gave us the final team which looks like that :

THE TEAM

DETAILED ANALYSIS

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

M-Diancie is a very good poke against most of the teams you may encounter those days and can beat 1v1 a plethora on common threats thanks to its great offensive stats and good speed tiers. I chosed Earth Power instead of HP Fire for two reasons. First, hiting 350 speed is really important to tie with all the 110 base stat and Heatran could be a problem otherwise.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Then comes the really powerful Volcanion. As explained above, i chose him cause of its good synergie with M-Diancie. The set is kinda common : steam eruption is the super spamable stab, flamethrower is for a realiable powerful stab without a miss chance, sludge wave is for clefable and earthpower is mainly for other volcanions. The EV spread might be seems weird but it allows me to outspeed all the variants of M-Scizor who are very problematic for my team. Then max spatk for the power and the leftovers in health.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost
- Psychic

Mew is the defoger of the team and works as a great wall to thanks to his natural bulk, the invest in special defence and WoW that cripples switch ins. Moreover, it can wall threats like M-Lopunny or M-Medicham if it is nearly full life. I added some speed to cripple Scizor with a WoW before it can attack.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn is the second fat stall in the team and it goes along quite well with Mew as the latest can take the fighting hits that Ferrothorn hates. I chose rocky helmet because Mew tends to attract U-turns so Ferrothorn punishes them. Moreover, it's able to beat most of the defogers and spinners, namely Latis and Starmie. I chose protect to play mind-games against HJK users and because I find nice to be able to recover a good amount of HP with leech + protect. I chose the classic EV spread recommended by Smogon to win a 1v1 against Serperior. But i reduced the HP by 1 point because i often get burn against things like Rotom-W or scald users. So i wanted to reduce the burn damages by 1HP each turn as i don't play Leftovers.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

I realized i had a terrible weakness to ground spamming even if Ferrothorn is able to tank some hits so i wanted something to take advantage of it. Futhermore, i could be endangered by Volt-Switching mons who can damage Ferro and Mew until they're in KO range. Landorus scarf seemed as a good option as it allows me to win momentum against choice-locked equakes, block Volt-Switches and keep it thanks to u-turn. Moreover, it gives a useful set of resistances and the ability to revenge-kill many things such as M-Gyara, M-Pinsir, Talonflame if Diancie is dead, etc.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Finally, i thought that Stall would cause me trouble, especially the fat Chansey. So i added Banded Weavile who's a real monster against most of the stall archetype and can pursuit or knock off Chansey, giving me the opportunity to sweep later with M-Diancie. Its good speed offers opportunities to come in as a revenge killer, or with a U-turn from Lando or with easily predicted double switches against a Chansey. Also, Weavile is my only option to deal with Gengar. I'd sometimes like to have Low Kick in the moveset, but Ice Shard is quite important as it's my team's lonely priority and pursuit is important for Gengar and fat special walls.

CONCLUSION

After winning my scheduled match, which was the purpose of this build, I tried to play it in the ladder because I really liked playing it. So i went around 1850s on the ladder. I didn't plan on making a RMT so I didn't save the replay (I'm sorry for that, i'll try to peak again with it and provide replays with higher ELO). But I have other replays i'm providing :

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400062725 (1790 on ladder)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-400045733
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-398770811

This team is cool but there are numerous threats to it :

Scizor and M-Scizor : I don't have a real counter to them. So I'm forced to play around when i see one in team preview. I often lead Volcanion in this case cause M-Diancie allow them to set up. Volcanion has good speed so it will always be able to RK them, Mew can burn them and Lando's equake can finish the job. But it's always really complicated.
Clefable : this thing is painful for my team. It can't really switch in against anything exept Mew and different things are able to 2hko it. But it can be really problematic when i starts paralizing everything
M-Blastoise : well, it can more or less 6-0 me if the set is Water Pulse, Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere. But i didn't encountered it that much haha.
M-Charizard X : with sun, it punches great holes in my team. But i have ways to RK it and if SR are up, i can manage to deal with it.
M-Charizard Y : after a DD, this monster can really be a huge problem. The way to prevent that is to have SR up and double switch wisely to prevent it from setting-up.
Suicune : the CroCune set can 6-0 me, the only way to avoid it is to knock him off and/or to leech him and then hit it as strong as possible.

Thanks for the reading! And have fun testing it. I look forward reading your comments on it and trying the possible improvements you may find. This is my first RMT and i enjoyed doing it. Please don't judge me on the quality of my english, i'm French so it's not my mother tongue.

I
MPORTABLE

I'd like to put it in a spoiler code but i don't know how to do it (yet). So i'll just let it that way.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Diamond Storm

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost
- Psychic

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

Good man, welcome.

His great team. I've seen a bit of the action and shown above. Volcanion is a pokemon that I think gives a lot of play. There are different varieties. MDiancie + Volcanion is an interesting offensive core. With the coverslips weakness x4 x4 also resistant steel. Another thing that I liked because I like how offensive is the Landorus-T Scarf + Weavile CB. That's another success in favor. I can only imagine the pressure of over the counter. It must be a headache to press Uturn and get Weavile or some other, depending on the situation. Well I thought everything I like. The Ferrothorn Rocky Helmet is scratching maddening life. The downside is that no recovery method, as Leftovers. But honestly on your team I see with good eyes that version. Before I forget, I like to be recent as has been the RMT you. Great all, you've dedicated much as it is mounted. Well, in terms of threats, which are not many either ... Of which you put there, there is another to consider, which is Slowbro mega. It may not be very much on opposing teams, but threats whatever you do, always. Anyway, personally I think your team needs the help of a quick pokemon and user of sacrifice and recovery. Replacement or change I recommend is to remove Mew by Latias. It is a quick "defogger" with recovery method and something that will work well for your team, Healing Wish. It is a sigh that can give future battles. Maintain and gain ground resistance and immunity to type. Not counting things with Mold Breaker, of course. You can try this little variant. Both have similar functions but I think Latias give more support. What has Mew is that perhaps unlike, last longer. Nearing the end of the road, if I may put the trouble they will provide the corresponding set down. I will second movements or variations in case you want to try.

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog / Roost

Thanks for the advice. I'll try Latias instead of Mew to see if it works too. I may regret a bit the WoW spamming with Mew that i like but maybe the healing wish will give me good times!

I think part of your success is your Mew because it's such a consistent Pokemon in destroying Bulky Offense, which is most of the ladder. I definitely disagree about changing Mew to Latias. However, I think that the set can be improved. In your first replay I noticed that your opponent switched out Breloom from Mew, which is the correct play. However, had he known that your mew is slow, he could have easily used Spore and proceeded to SD and literally 6-0 your team. That's why, you need to run a little bit more investment on Mew to outspeed both Jolly Breloom and Jolly Bisharp; that way you can outspeed and Will-o-Wisp them to effectively cripple them for the rest of the match. Your Mew should be running 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe. I also recommend Knock Off > Psychic with a Careful Nature, this way, you can really cripple bulky balanced builds since once stuff like Rotom-W and Heatran lose their items, it becomes much easier to knock them down. Finally, I also recommend at least trying Taunt > Defog, with Taunt, Mew can do wonders and it can literally single-handedly destroy ANY fat build that doesn't have Mega Sableye or a faster taunter. Taunt also allows Mew to 1v1 Clefable even if you switch on it. Your team doesn't NEED defog support as the only thing that's rock weak is Volcanion.

To fix your Zard/Scizor weakness, I also recommend having Latias > Volcanion and Heatran > Ferrothorn. This way, you can have an actual Keldeo check instead of switching around with Volcanion and Mew to play around it, and it will give you a Zard Y check. Latias also provides Healing Wish support and Defog support, this way you can free a slot on Mew to have Taunt. In addition, Latias can also run HP Fire to help Mega Diancie get past Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Heatran on the other hand, still provides rocks, and while doesn't having the rocky helmet + iron barbs damage, it does come with stuff like Toxic and Taunt or perhaps Magma Storm and Earth Power to either whither bulky builds or help you with your stall matchup. Speedy Heatran also really helps your team as it checks Scizor extremely well, checks Clefable, and can check Zard Y or EQ-less Zard X.

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog / Healing Wish / Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Draco Meteor

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume / Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Well, pretty awesome team man, I agree with Professional12341's suggestion to make mew faster than bisharp and breloom(jolly) , beware of lum bisharp though. It also allows you to wisp faster variants of scizors too, then walling them using volc. Also knock off> psychic on support mew anyday. Also, I would suggest taunt on mew over defog to stop suicunes, but you have 2 hazard weak mons so dunno abt that.

Now, since you wisp bisharps and brelooms so max attack variant diancie > max spl attack diancie, just because how much better it is in todays meta, wth 2 hkoing amoongus, clef and mega venu after rocks. You can use 48EVs in spl attack to KO bisharp with earth power too, but you miss out on 2Hko on amoongus.(Your wish)
Also, as a additional fire coverage maybe hp fire on diancie, sure you lose out on 110 base speeds but generally most of them are trapped by weavile.

Anyways cool team man, didn't want to change much so best of luck ;)

I think part of your success is your Mew because it's such a consistent Pokemon in destroying Bulky Offense, which is most of the ladder. I definitely disagree about changing Mew to Latias. However, I think that the set can be improved. In your first replay I noticed that your opponent switched out Breloom from Mew, which is the correct play. However, had he known that your mew is slow, he could have easily used Spore and proceeded to SD and literally 6-0 your team. That's why, you need to run a little bit more investment on Mew to outspeed both Jolly Breloom and Jolly Bisharp; that way you can outspeed and Will-o-Wisp them to effectively cripple them for the rest of the match. Your Mew should be running 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe. I also recommend Knock Off > Psychic with a Careful Nature, this way, you can really cripple bulky balanced builds since once stuff like Rotom-W and Heatran lose their items, it becomes much easier to knock them down. Finally, I also recommend at least trying Taunt > Defog, with Taunt, Mew can do wonders and it can literally single-handedly destroy ANY fat build that doesn't have Mega Sableye or a faster taunter. Taunt also allows Mew to 1v1 Clefable even if you switch on it. Your team doesn't NEED defog support as the only thing that's rock weak is Volcanion.

To fix your Zard/Scizor weakness, I also recommend having Latias > Volcanion and Heatran > Ferrothorn. This way, you can have an actual Keldeo check instead of switching around with Volcanion and Mew to play around it, and it will give you a Zard Y check. Latias also provides Healing Wish support and Defog support, this way you can free a slot on Mew to have Taunt. In addition, Latias can also run HP Fire to help Mega Diancie get past Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor. Heatran on the other hand, still provides rocks, and while doesn't having the rocky helmet + iron barbs damage, it does come with stuff like Toxic and Taunt or perhaps Magma Storm and Earth Power to either whither bulky builds or help you with your stall matchup. Speedy Heatran also really helps your team as it checks Scizor extremely well, checks Clefable, and can check Zard Y or EQ-less Zard X.
Hey, thanks for the advices, i'll try that. The only problem i can imagine is that without Volcanion, i'll have troubles to deal with heatran who can come on mew, latias, diancie if lacking Earth Power and Weavile locked on an ice move. Besides, i really like taunt Mew but this team doesn't have real problems against stall as Banded Weavile + Diancie kind of deal with stall.
Anyway, i'll try this build as soon as possible cause it looks cool too.

Well, pretty awesome team man, I agree with Professional12341's suggestion to make mew faster than bisharp and breloom(jolly) , beware of lum bisharp though. It also allows you to wisp faster variants of scizors too, then walling them using volc. Also knock off> psychic on support mew anyday. Also, I would suggest taunt on mew over defog to stop suicunes, but you have 2 hazard weak mons so dunno abt that.

Now, since you wisp bisharps and brelooms so max attack variant diancie > max spl attack diancie, just because how much better it is in todays meta, wth 2 hkoing amoongus, clef and mega venu after rocks. You can use 48EVs in spl attack to KO bisharp with earth power too, but you miss out on 2Hko on amoongus.(Your wish)
Also, as a additional fire coverage maybe hp fire on diancie, sure you lose out on 110 base speeds but generally most of them are trapped by weavile.

Anyways cool team man, didn't want to change much so best of luck ;)
Thanks too! I'll try this M-DIancie spread which looks quite cool!

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hey RandomNoobGuerinf, nice team.

I just want to say that playing with 3 choiced mons requires a lot of prediction and ability in choosing the right moves. I'd suggest you to drop one of them. In my opinion the less mandatory Choice Item you have is Volcanion's. Volc won't help that much against Chansey stall because it is walled and its great coverage could help break through balanced teams especially if it can switch moves. So i'd suggest you to run either Expert Belt or Mystic Water on Volcanion: the former powers super effective moves, whereas the latter is more helpful when using Water-type moves that with the boost could lure the opponent into thinking that you are choice specs.

Then, I have some minor suggestions to help you against some of the mons you listed in the threatlist. In order not to be that weak to Clefable, you should try using Chople Berry Thunder Wave + Iron Head Ferrothorn. It will work as a one-time check to Mega Gardevoir, Mega Alakazam, and Mega Lopunny as well, so it's not deadweight. This of course beat clefable because iron head has enough PPs + a godly flinch ratio + para and opposing Clefable will think twice before paralyzing Ferrothorn because that would boost Gyro Ball, thus being counterproductive.

Other than that, as other people suggested Knock Off Mew is a cool idea to remove items and is a better utility move than Psychic besides versus Keldeo. I will post a better EV spread because without Taunt you don't need Mew to be much faster than Adamant Bisharp, so you just invest in bulk to better check some annoying specially offensive threats. Finally, Explosion over Knock Off on Landorus-Therian is way more useful to revenge-kill stuff, you just miss Gengar and item removal on Rotom-Wash, which shouldn't be a big deal.

Volcanion @ Mystic Water
EVs: 200 HP / 128 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Earth Power

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 236 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Good luck with your team and nice peak =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)