ORAS OU Equipo numero uno

Putting up a disclaimer: Even though I’m a beginner and a new face around here, I reached 1600 on the ladder, and my GXE is fairly decent, which isn't too bad for a beginner, I guess. (Shoutout to me for learning all this on my own.)

Anyways, I wanna get up there as high as possible, so if someone would take a look at me and tell me what's wrong, that would be great.

Started w/ Lopunny because it handles the low-ELO teams w/o much issues and it's not complete dead weight vs. Stall teams (though it still has some issues) b/c of its unresisted, high-powered STAB.

Jirachi was the second member of the core because it helps handle the stuff Lopunny has issues with: Stall teams (via Trick hinderance), Fairies (w/ its STAB), and hostile Lopunny (again w/ its STAB). Can even provide Healing Wish assistance if the situation calls for it.

This was my offensive core of choice at the time; it's time for me to patch up the teams' weaknesses, namely to Flyers, Fire-types, Sand, Rain, fast Electric-types, and bulky Grass-, Water-, and Ground-types.

I, by default, included Latios primarily as a means of handling Breloom and Keldeo, whom set back my offensive core by virtue of typing. It also provides Defog support, which is always useful because then Spikes and Stealth Rock damage is minimized. It also functions as an Electric check, though I don’t like to rely on Latios solely as my Electric-type check because people hate Latios so much that they bring HP Ice or Knock Off (maybe a Pursuit as well) more or less specifically for Latios. Moreover, Lopunny can eliminate the Dark-, Ice-, and Steel-types that Latios has issues with, while Latios can handle hostile Fighters and just weakens walls, like bulky Water-, Grass-types, and Ground-types, which Lopunny can utilize.

For my physical pivot of choice, I could utilize Slowbro, Landorus-T, Tangrowth, or Garchomp. I decided to utilize Landorus-T because it’s a good human (humon?) shield, meant to take the heat aimed at Mega Lopunny. Moreover, it handles Flyers that the crew so far has trouble with, and it establishes Stealth Rock to stop Mega Pinsir and Talonflame. The Yache berry is necessary because relying solely on Latios to stop Electric-types is ill-advised, and it helps Landorus-T fight Mega Lopunny and Mega Metagross.

Bulky Water-types and Stall are all troublesome, especially considering the Stall has infested OU. Understandable, too, since playing as the Stall is powerful and easy to use, and it’s super tempting to just play an incredibly easy playstyle while gathering hundreds of ELO; I nearly fell for that temptation countless times. But I digress; point is, I don’t want to be a victim of the Stall. I thought Serperior, particularly its SubSeed set, would be handy in fighting the Stall and bulky Water-types, as it can serve as a win condition if Amoonguss and Chansey are down/weakened. If Suicune tries to be a slippery little snake with Pressure stalling, then Jirachi’s Trick can put a stop to it. Serperior also acts as a soft check to enemy Rain-teams, as it can set up a Substitute on enemies such as Politoed (as long as it doesn’t get caught with an Encore) and start blasting the enemy with Leaf Storm – it can even act as a wincon if Tornadus-T is down. Nonetheless, it’s a soft check to enemy Rain because it cannot switch-in, so you don’t have as much wiggle room as you would if you were using a mon like Ferrothorn or Tangrowth.

Finally, I saw an issue with bulky Grass-types on the enemy’s side, particularly Amoonguss, Tangrowth, and Celebi. Moreover, Mega Scizor is an issue, as the bulky variant can set up on Landorus-T and Latios. I decided to utilize a Heatran, for a way to check these mons, as well as provide a secondary switch-in to hostile Latios and Jirachi. The maximum Speed version is required to adequately handle Mega Scizor, as maximum Speed Mega Scizor is a threat indeed. It also provides a secondary method of fighting the Stall, as it can clear out Chansey, Amoonguss, and Doublade to open the gates for Serperior to clean up the scum known as the Stall.​

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Toxic

This is a typical Mega Lopunny set, the one that has been used in the most teams and the one that still stands relevant today. The only difference between this set and others is that it utilizes Toxic. The Toxic is necessary to inhibit hostile Landorus-T, Slowbro, Tangrowth, Endure+Custap Dugtrio, and Shedinja, the last target is particularly important because it disrupts Shedinja Stall and makes it so much easier to combat.

I see little need to explain the moves. High Jump Kick and Return in conjunction with Scrappy provided unresisted coverage versus everyone sans Shedinja, who is covered with Toxic. Fake Out is utilized to stall out Rain and Sand turns, as well as deal free damage if the situation allows and allows Mega Evolution versus enemies like hostile Latios.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Jirachi is the means I have chosen to handle some enemies Lopunny may have issues with, namely Fairies (especially Clefable), Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Alakazam (so I don’t have to resort to Fake Out spam or to save Latios’ health), and hostile Latios and Mega Lopunny. While normally it would falter vs. the Stall, it can provide useful support with Trick (any target is a good target for Trick, except Mega Sableye (whom is covered by Mega Lopunny by the way)) and Healing Wish so that my allies can better withstand Toxic, burns, and entry hazard damage. This, in conjunction with Jirachi’s access to U-turn for pivoting, is what made Jirachi stand out to me over other Scarfers.

I again see little need to explain the moves, except for Trick, which replaces Jirachi’s tertiary attack, which I saw little need for. Iron Head allows me to resort to FlinchHax if the situation calls for it (though it’s a shaky method of handling enemies who resist the Steel-type), while U-turn allows me to pivot Lopunny in while minimizing damage and Healing Wish so that I can revive my wincon if necessary. Most of the time you’ll be commanding Jirachi to use U-turn. 4 EVs in SpD so that Porygon can receive a Download boost in Atk, not SpA.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Latios is on the team for a few reasons. Primarily, it provides a method of combatting Mega Manectric, as Mega Manectric Speed ties with Mega Lopunny and it would be unwise to rely on a speed tie or Jirachi to eliminate Mega Manectric. Secondarily, it provides a switch-in to enemy Fighters such as Keldeo, Breloom, and Conkeldurr (some people rely on Scarf Keldeo or Mach Punch to eliminate Mega Lopunny), as well as enemies such as Amoonguss (a physical spread on Amoonguss can handle Mega Lopunny) and Slowbro. Be mindful of moves such as Knock Off, Icy Wind, Spore, Thunder Wave, and Stun Spore, as people utilize these moves specifically to handle Latios (because everyone hates Latios).

I am not an enormous fan of Defog + Roost on Latios, because I feel it makes Latios too helpless versus hostile Steel-types. Nonetheless, I consider Defog a necessity because Spikes stacking is extremely threatening and occasionally I see an opportunity to Defog rocks, and I consider Roost a necessity because I need to check multiple enemies at once with Latios – one time, I had to fight Breloom, Keldeo, Volcanion, and Mega Manectric all at the same time – needless to say, Roost was a handy move for me to have, as it compensated for my slip-ups in combat. 29 HP IVs minimize indirect damage taken, while 0 Atk is for...no need to explain.

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Landorus-T is needed as a way to combat Sand – Sand so far bowled over my team pretty badly, as Latios lacks Surf, Hidden Power Fire, or Earthquake and thus cannot be relied on to stop Excadrill, and Lopunny is a soft-check at best to Sand. Landorus-T also acts as a secondary means of handling enemy Electric-types, as thanks to the Yache Berry, it can avoid OHKOs from Ice-type moves. This Yache Berry also allowed Landorus-T to act as a means of handling Mega Metagross and hostile Mega Lopunny.

Normally I would take Swords Dance so that I could wear down enemy Hippowdon and Amoonguss to allow Lopunny an easier time fighting the enemy team. However, I chose U-turn because it allowed Landorus-T to take the heat for Mega Lopunny, and then bring Mega Lopunny in safely.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

My team so far has trouble with bulky Water-types, such as Slowbro and Suicune. The Stall also looked like a nightmare to combat, considering my lack of a pseudo-Stallbreaker – the most I had was Jirachi, who wouldn’t be enough. Serperior seemed like a good teammate – in addition to being my Black 2 Starter (it served me well there), it also solved the issues I had so far. It also helps me combat bulky Ground-types in case Latios is down.

I preferred to take the SubSeed set because it allowed me to combat hostile Heatran and wear down hostile Talonflame and Tornadus-T (though it won’t matter much vs. the latter due to Regenerator healing), and the SubSeed set also helped me combat the Stall easier. Latios in particular helped me combat Amoonguss and Chansey (Psyshock 3HKOs Chansey, which isn’t too bad, as all you need is some prior damage + Stealth Rock to take out Chansey), which assisted Serperior, as it allowed Serperior to then sweep the enemy Stall team.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

I still have an issue with bulky Grass-types, as well as hostile Serperior. While Serperior can handle the Stall, it can’t handle it too well, as Amoonguss will stand in Serperior’s way. Additionally, Mega Scizor looks like a problem, as bulky and non-bulky sets alike can set up and then deal major damage, especially considering the fact that Latios lacks Hidden Power Fire. Heatran solves all these issues – even though I would like to take a defensive set, I need a fast set to combat the non-bulky sets.

It’s a normal Stallbreaker set – I saw little need for Solar Beam, seeing as Serperior was on my team. Thus, I could use Earth Power to handle enemy Heatran. Also, Jirachi’s Healing Wish somewhat compensates for Heatran’s lack of reliable recovery, as after it handles Chansey (Chansey will do serious damage to Heatran while Heatran does its work), it can receive a pick-me-up from Jirachi and continue to wreak havoc. 4 SpD EVs are used so that Porygon gets a Download boost in Atk, not SpA.

Threatlist
I don’t see any overly threatening enemies – the ones I do see are listed below.

Rain is an issue, as it can knock a good dent into the team if Serperior is down. Stalling with Fake Out on Lopunny is a way to go, and Politoed is free momentum for you, so take advantage of this to the fullest.

If Stealth Rocks are inactive on the enemy's side, then Mega Pinsir is an issue, as it can deal major damage with +1 Return. Set up Stealth Rocks ASAP, and when hostiles come in to Defog or Rapid Spin, this gives you momentum, so you can take advantage of this.

Dark Spam is somewhat annoying – be sure to save Mega Lopunny for Bisharp, and Landorus-T for Weavile.
Hit me, Smogon. Where did I screw up?
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Toxic

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic​

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hola man, i saw the tittle in spanish so I immediatly click it. When i was reading your RMT it feels like an standar team but then realize that your missing a mon to form the Big 4 combo, so ill give you a few suggestion that would make this team better for sure.
  • First the missing member is Keldeo > Serp, Specs Keld break teams really easy with a nice prediction of course, also help you to check dark spam in conjuction with Lopunny, you can even run Focus Blast in last slot to break mon like RH Tangrowth for Lopunny late game. Set down below
  • Another thing is modify the Heatran set, make it Magma Beam. Heatran bait really easy the bulky water types so if you hit Magma Storm your good to go. Trapping mons like Rotom for Rachi, or slowbro for Lopu is really useful.
  • And with this change you can change Lopu to PuP > Toxic, toxic is more for dealing with bulky mons but having Keld + Trap Tran isnt necessary anymore. Ice punch would be nice as well, but i feel PuP is a nice late game cleaner.
Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Electric/Bug - Focus Blast

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Solarbeam
Hope i help you man, Buena suerte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)