UU Player of the Week #19: Sam

GOAO

Banned deucer.
:o grats
You're almost a brazilian for us, when r u gonna learn portuguese?
How do you prep for big games? ie spl / wcop. Would u consider yourself a tryhard?
We all know how much u Love shake. If u meet shake irl, what would you do?
sry for robbing ur tiebreaker spot in hpl and calling u fat :( ure a great friend I swr

What's with the frequent posting of the :p smiley when it is clear that winky face has far more potential, versatility, and subtle sexual intent?

:P is a top 3 smiley idk what ur talking about.

would you rather ban tele or scald

I don't give enough of a fuck about Tele to want him banned. Smogon's biggest cancer Chaos will never let anyone ban scald, anyway.
Why is Camila much better than every other 5H members ?

Naomi tho? Camila's the fuckin queen tho...
What would you say my chances are of getting with OITNB's Maritza? :[

Hmm.. .002%.

How does it feel to not just manage your UUPL team to victory, but to do so undefeated?

It feels great man. My draft= impeccable. My players= InCREDIBLE. Except north ofc.

When will you upload your next YouTube video?

I will upload shake's BW game for classic in the near future~

Does the Road to Evo | Hungrybox YouTube video move you to tears as well?

Literally it's my favorite video of all time and no because I've watched it so many times my body has become physically unable to produce more tears.

Godfuga, proof.JESUS, OmfuGOD, Agodfu, Ryan, HOLY TOP 1, the Fugster, #1 litlord or The Egyptian God Card?

Definitely HOLY TOP 1.

I've been suffering from emotional distress following THE MASTER's tourban, how have you been handling it?

I'm not taking it bro. I'm still in denial... the fucking king will be free I hope.
I forgot to ask but can you give us your opnion on user: Pearl?

(puke) Jk I fucking love pearl. He's really underrated imo and the best lower tier builder of all time if you ask me.
:o grats

Thanks cutie :P

You're almost a brazilian for us, when r u gonna learn portuguese?
After I've learned Spanish, I will learn Portugese. I can understand a decent amount of it hehe

How do you prep for big games? ie spl / wcop. Would u consider yourself a tryhard?
Nah. I wish I could be more of a tryhard. Generally I build a team or get one from someone else (depending on which tier i'm playing) and then do 4 test games at most. If I win most of the test games or get a good feel of the team I just play after that. I always do tests 10 min before playing cuz it helps.

We all know how much u Love shake. If u meet shake irl, what would you do?

idk. I actually don't know how to answer this question LOL

sry for robbing ur tiebreaker spot in hpl and calling u fat :( ure a great friend I swr

its okay sorry for calling u 11 I know ur like 12. Seriously I still cant believe u convinced them to choose you for HPL LOLOL. That was funny as fuck though.
how does it feel to live an inferior town?

buck fridgewater

nicki or jynx

... I'm not sexually attracted to Jynx.
Neither it'll be either Tinashe or Jhene

Tinashe <3

I have one question:
When will we play tagpro again? ;_;

Within the week wallahi.

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations Omfuga for being selected as Player of the Week~ ;)

- Your most favorite genre of music?
- Pick a song from that genre that you appreciated the most.

- Your most favorite type of meat? (i.e. chicken, beef, lamb, etc)
- What dish from your favorite type of meat do you love the most?

- Do you have any plans of traveling abroad? If yes, what countries do you plan on traveling one of these days?

Reactions: Ark
whats your favorite anime?

hypothetical situation: hbox wins big house and runs into the crowd and kisses you right after breaking the tv. what do you do

Congratulations Omfuga for being selected as Player of the Week~ ;)

Thank you :)

- Your most favorite genre of music?

Probably R&B.

- Pick a song from that genre that you appreciated the most.

lol i love the song "No scrubs" by TLC. My favorite song of all time, though not R&B, is All I Want for Christmas by Mariah Carey (for real)

- Your most favorite type of meat? (i.e. chicken, beef, lamb, etc)

Not a huge fan of meat, though my favorite would probably be steak or ground beef.

- What dish from your favorite type of meat do you love the most?

Steak 'n mash potatoes mm

- Do you have any plans of traveling abroad? If yes, what countries do you plan on traveling one of these days?
I wish to travel to the UK at one point.

whats your favorite anime?

I don't watch anime super often, but my favorite is Hunter x Hunter for sure.

hypothetical situation: hbox wins big house and runs into the crowd and kisses you right after breaking the tv. what do you do

Give him some tongue. The king deserves it lol.

Last edited:

Rare Poison

if im butter then ur a hot knife
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
-why is it so easy to make fun of Finchinator?
-preferred Beyoncé album: Lemonade or self-titled?
-top 5 ORAS UU players all time?
-your analysis of the state of Smogon at the moment

that's all friend

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
hey hold up Christo. never answered me :((

also how dare you pick jynx over p2 you scum

x.

IMPORTANT EDIT

where do you see yourself in 5 years

MarryFuckKill: minaj / aiko / porygon2

gimme your top 10 UU players that should be starting if SPL were to start right now and in order

are you the type of person to walk into a party and stay quiet and only talk w/ people you know or do you hit the floor and never look back -

do you BELIEVE

Last edited:
how did u feel when mrjamvad didn't use hp fire cobalion and lost us uu open

... upset. Why jamvad believes his judgment is more important than mine in ORAS UU building is beyond me. Also he means UUPL for any1 reading the question kek
indepth thoughts on the move scald

Jesus Christ don't get me started. Scald is the most disgusting bullshit move in the game, there's literally no counterplay and it makes POKEMON LIKE ALOMOMOLA WITH BASE FOURTY SPECIAL ATTACK THE MOST MENACING OFFENSIVE PRESENCE MON IN THE TIER. LIKE WHY IS THIS A THING?? And most people want scald banned, even UU council tried to do it at one point, but this idiot who hasn't played the game in 80 years (Chaos) refuses to allow anyone to suspect or ban scald regardless of how ridiculous it is. Similarly, Chaos restricts ubers tiering, literally disallowing them from banning shadow tag or making any suspects in ORAS ubers despite officially calling it a "tier". Amazing what some greedy dude will do to his own community for a little more money, in fear that banning scald will make people stop coming to Smogon (cwl)
-why is it so easy to make fun of Finchinator?
The baby face :3

-preferred Beyoncé album: Lemonade or self-titled?

Lemonade is Beyoncé's best album of all-time. That being said, let me give u a top 3 song list from EACH album:

Lemonade: 1. Don't Hurt Yourself 2. Freedom 3. Daddy Lessons

Beyoncé: 1. Flawless 2. Pretty Hurts 3. Partition

-top 5 ORAS UU players all time?

Just ORAS? hmm. lol everyone sucks at UU but I guess rn it's like, Hogg, Dodmen, Teal, Koko (XY not ORAS), and I'll include myself cuz I can't think of a fifth person kek.

-your analysis of the state of Smogon at the moment

Tiering is garbage, but tournament scene is thriving, so im 50/50 D:. Tier leaders are often lazy or bad, and they don't really play pokemon, but still also prevent anything from happening at the same time. Council is made up of inactive "old friends" often, it's stupid. As someone who's been on 2 councils I've realized they're both p useless (UU council is actually not that bad, like 100x better than RU council, which is disgustingly bad lol, but UU council has bandwaggoning and laziness too ~_~).

that's all friend

:]
hey hold up Christo. never answered me :((

Dude's scum. LOL!

also how dare you pick jynx over p2 you scum

??? Every1 knows Jynx is my favorite mon. Lol.

x.

IMPORTANT EDIT

where do you see yourself in 5 years

I'll either be a hobo or living with my parents, whichever has more dignity lol.

MarryFuckKill: minaj / aiko / porygon2

... Marry Aiko and Fuck Minaj. X...

gimme your top 10 UU players that should be starting if SPL were to start right now and in order
(in no order)
Icey tea, Dodmen, Hogg, Christo, Manipulative, Teal, Hikari, Pearl, Yabo, Hairy Toenail (whoops almost forgot u friend)

are you the type of person to walk into a party and stay quiet and only talk w/ people you know or do you hit the floor and never look back -

I'm a very social person but also like I don't go nuts so probably something in between lol.

do you BELIEVE

... sure!

Last edited:

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Amazing what some greedy dude will do to his own community for a little more money, in fear that banning scald will make people stop coming to Smogon (cwl)
implying that there are no other reasons to care about how many people come here except $$$ C.R.E.A.M $$$

sorry something didn't go your way but that doesn't mean the reason is fat cat capitalist choas oppressing the noble UU proletariat lmao

i dont intend to have a discussion with you about this, just spare us all these retarded conspiracy theories. thanks in advance.

You don't play this game yet you hold back people who actually do. No one's going to say "Oh I'd totally play on Smogon except they banned an uncompetitive move so I can't!" If actually doing something to contribute to tiers once in a while makes out to be "a noble UU proletariat," then I'd rather act like that than a useless idiot who hasn't done anything to contribute to the website in a while, but still exerts his power over people who actually care about tiers.

And we already had discussion on this: it went something like "I don't care about what's good for tiers or what tier leaders want, I won't allow scald to be banned for 'public relations'"

But not intending to have discussion about anything on Smogon is kind of your specialty isn't it?

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Back with another interview this week! I'll leave it down below, but feel free to look for it in the OP as well.

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
21 years old, engineer for a manufacturing company in the Midwest USA.

Most known for?
Only really "known" because omfuga once talked about me for like a minute and a half in an SPL smogcast haha

Favorite Pokemon?
Gengar or Suicune

Most Used Pokemon?
In UU, Krookodile. All around great Pokemon and one of the scariest wallbreakers in the tier since it's very hard for balance teams to prepare for without using Mandibuzz, Alomomola, or Chesnaught/Tangrowth.

What brought you to Smogon and competitive Pokemon in general?
I played casually on PS for a while during BW and XY before I finally made an account here. I've played Pokemon on and off since I was 5 or 6 but never discovered PS or other Pokemon sims until several years ago.

What is your favorite playstyle?
Offense for sure. I love building around all of the offensive threats in UU, my favorite recent offense teams include slightly underrated stuff like LO Explosion Metagross, 4 attacks Hydreigon, 4 attacks Mega Absol, Scarf Infernape, and Slurpuff (this thing's a fucking threat again)

Do you think any playstyle is blatantly dominant or weak in the metagame?
Stall was already kinda shaky and now it's even worse after losing Salamence. Bunch of stall teams I've seen lately have to use Alomomola and Tangrowth as their checks to Fighting types, or else be forced to revenge kill with Aerodactyl.

Are there any specific Pokemon that you think are unhealthy for UU and may be deserving of a Suspect Test in the future?
I know a lot of people feel differently, but I don't think threat stands out as being suspect worthy right now. Celebi is a huge threat for sure but not worthy of a ban at all imo, it brings a lot of good things to the tier, isn't threatening without a boost, has average speed and exploitable weaknesses. Hydreigons easily the best Pokemon in the tier and even centralizing, but not in a bad way (in my opinion). I like the metagame a lot, the two recent band put us miles ahead.

You always put up solid performances throughout tournaments and are acknowledged as one of UU's best players! Is there any advice that you're able to give to newer players who are looking to become involved in the tournament scene?
Just the standard stuff I guess, I'm not exactly all that "involved" in the tournament scene myself but be pleasant to interact with, don't bitch endlessly about hax, if you talk shit I hope you can back it up with wins haha

What are your thoughts on UU Open so far this year? Who do you think has a good shot at taking it, other than yourself?
Pearl and Icey Tea are my two favorites :) I know Sacri's gonna put up a great performance, Adaam is gonna take it far if he beats me this weekend, I hope pif has a good run, Bob the Bro is a threat (only when he's using my teams though!), and Kushalos. Of course, all-around good players like shakeitup and Eo are huge threats as well.

Who are some of your favorite people in the Smogon Community?
Ice Tea Pearl Omfuga Hogg teal are probably my top 5!

Finally can you provide for us a team that you think reflects your current playstyle with a brief explanation of how it works?
I'm on my phone right now so I'll edit in the import later, but one of my favorite recent teams that I used during the mence suspect was:

CB Iron Fist Conkeldurr, 4 attacks LO Hydreigon (Superpower and Iron Tail), SR LO Explosion Metagross, 3 attacks TSpikes Tentacruel, HC Aero (STABs EQ), Scarf Infernape

Basically the team worked to break down opposing defensive cores to clean with HC Aero or scarf Infernape. TSpikes and Explosion helps to KO Suicune and other bulky waters. Band Conkeldurr is incredible against fat teams, especially with no Salamence meaning it can run Knock Off Poison Jab, and CB Mach Punch can actually clean up other offense. LO Hydreigon does the same and is also very good with TSpikes as it makes it much harder to play around its moves. Scarf Infernape is very underrated, outspeeds everything and while it doesn't have the same power as Mienshao, dual stabs make it harder to play around with opposing offense, especially Froslass HO. Also, TPunch to reliably take out Gyara is great.

----------

Thank you for your time and the great interview, dodmen! If you have any questions that you would like to ask him, feel free to leave them below. I'll be back next week with another interview!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)