Sunset Colosseum III - SIGN-UPS!

CaffeineBoost

6th Best Circus Poster of 2023
is a Community Contributor
First Year's winner: TGMD
Second Year's winner: DKFireLord

Banner by nobody... I have a much tighter budget than Oglemi.

Introduction:
The Sunset Colosseum made an appearance in Pokemon Battle Revolution, a game that was released during gen 4. This game had a unique game mode where the player was given 12 Pokemon at random and had to choose a team of 3 from those 12. I liked this game mode and I wanted to make a tournament based on it... exams happened... so Oglemi hosted it (thanks for that). Now I'm back! The rules are very similar to the Sunset Colosseum's original rules.

Tournament Special Rules:
  • At the start of each round, 12 random Pokemon will be posted in the OP. Each player must then build a team of 6 Pokemon from the 12 that have been posted. The moveset, item, EVs, and IVs can be chosen by the players. If the Pokemon has a Mega-Evolution stone, that counts as an item and is fair game (for example if Garchomp is one of the 12 random Pokemon, Mega Garchomp may be used). Of course, you cannot use the mega stone if the given mega Pokemon is in Ubers.
  • If a Pokemon has several formes you may only use the one specified in the OP (eg: I list Thundurus, you may not use Thundurus-T).
  • Your teams may overlap, in fact, you may have a mirror fight against your opponent. It's up to you to be creative with the Pokemon that are posted at the start of the round.
  • These will be Best of 1, Single Elimination matches.
  • Matches are to be played in ORAS OU on PS!

General Rules:
  • General Tournament Guidelines apply (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tournament-rules-and-general-guidelines.3486049/).
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Moody Clause: The ability Moody is banned from play.
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • All other ORAS OU Clauses.
I think that's everything. I'll close sign-ups at some point during the weekend. Probably Sunday 21st.

If I've missed anything, be sure to mention me or PM me or something like that and berate me for being stupid... and tell me what I've missed of course.

Sign-ups: While there may not be a list here because I find it time consuming, your sign-ups are being noted. Don't panic.

Also if you're here because I told you I hid posting points somewhere, THEY AREN'T HERE. THERE ARE NO POSTING POINTS. I LIED.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)