Ubers Ubers Seasonal Playoffs - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Deadline is August 16th, 11:59 PM EST

• This is a standard ORAS Ubers tournament
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination.
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.) There may be some exceptions to this rule.
  • Every round, I will choose several games as the Highlight Matches. We don't have streaming yet, but this is something I am going to look into for future rounds when things get competitive.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Moody Clause
  • Sleep Clause
You know the general tournament rules by now.

tl;dr Playoffs are Bo3 Single Elimination, Standard ORAS Ubers.

Welcome to the first round of the Ubers Seasonal Playoffs! We've been keeping track of everyone's performances throughout the year in this thread, and the 16 best performers have been selected to square off in a battle to the death for the chance at earning the ultimate Ubers bragging rights!

Semifinals:

5. Astounded vs 8. Pohjis
6. Kebabe vs 10. Kingler12345

NO EXTENSIONS. Deadline is at the top of the post.

Last edited:
I lost in three games.

My opponent was better in the two first games and deserved to win the series in those games. In game three I picked the worst possible lead but I managed to be in the winning position and I had the game under control until turn 15. I picked the wrong 'mon (bulky Mega-Salamence but I was thinking too far getting my set-up opportunity against Primal-Groudon even though having Arceus-Groudon for it) to go and I choked the game away. However, Astounded played overall the series really well and it is a sign of a great player to take advantage of your opponent's misplays or chokes. I wish you best of luck to the finals.

Game 1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-417384368
Game 2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-417395462
Game 3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-417407831

Much more was in offer so I am obviously upset of the outcome of this really close series. Thank you to the people who supported me and I am disappointed that I couldn't win the whole thing. It was so close but in the end so far...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)