Finals World Cup of Pokemon XI - Finals [Won by Team USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Yeah thanks especially to ABR , ben gay and cosine180 who carried me through my oras matches when i did not have much time.
Also thanks to everyone else who made this an enjoyable tournament. Especially M Dragon and my team :)
Also thanks to the germans who did a lot but werent in the "official team" aka Erz , Mazar etc. You know you belong to us the same way everyone on the team belongs, im proud of you!
Also special shoutout to Get this Money for doing everything for our oras crew, you are amazing, hope to see a lot more from you in the future :))

Last edited:

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
fuck east
only nigga i got respect for is shake
legend. true skill

yung Botswanan Basedlord cominn back in sun&moon on afrabs snatch yo shit get ready
HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
You should go back to China to help your parents run that $10 all you can eat dim sum Chinese buffet. Stop wasting time posting shit videos on YouTube that nobody with a life would ever watch. Don't come back to playing Pokemon either. You're not gonna get any better at it. You've maxed out Pokemon-wise. Go do something worthwhile with your life when it's still not too late.

This WCoP was really tight. We struggled to get into playoffs, we had inactivity coming from every angle, we weren't playing our best... so again we had the last-day rush to get in. It felt really good to get my first round one 3-0 and even better to be the one who put us in the playoffs considering last year I contributed to why we were in a tough spot. Of course there was FIRE BLAST at huge spots later on (and an overstated Earth Power crit from sideline DPP experts who don't know fuck about shit, but we won't get into that now) which blew but we won so I'm satisfied. Relatively. Man I wanted that 6-1... ANYWAY this tournament was just tiebreakers, one after another, which is excellent for both close competition and entertainment (even those half those matches turned out to be GSC, unfortunately. can't wait for all SM next year)

[17:55] <&loukianos> so no1 told u mons was gonna be this way
[17:55] <&loukianos> ur teammates choke, clef's broke, u can't hit hurricaaaaaaane!

Just like the Talking Heads were the sound of last summer for me, it's the Dead Kennedys this year. Using nicks of theirs in my first game is probably symbolic or something. Goddamn I love this album so much. The ones on YT have a different version of Uber Alles so here's the true, righteous one I have/prefer

Sometimes I really want to defect to US West...

Stone_Cold: Oh, Dave. Even with you jinxing us with those posts you make, we still managed to achieve. Your intentions are nothing but good and I do hope to soon just have fun with pokes the way you still do. One day, I WILL bring Legendary Dave inventions to big DPP games. Thundurus-T, however, blows. I'll never forget you and yond giving me my chance :3 thanks as always cap

yondie: yond... jeez man you were dead as a doornail this year. Get on more, I can never have too many GoT discussion partners and of course more TV recs. I've been lazy though so I haven't gotten around to much at all but The Americans is still in the back of my mind! When SM comes out you'll be back swinging on people like Earthworm in 2011 RIP worms. Fairfield County and 94-96 Jen for life

-Tsunami-: We were having trouble filling the roster out and then I learned you wanted to play with us. Similarly to Tesung, it's never a bad idea to have a lucky dbag on your team in order to Maximize Your Odds... nah but for real you've grown a lot from when you were that insufferable kid (I guess you still can be but it's better now. maybe I'm just biased now that you're on my team I'll probably hate your guts in spl) so it was good to have you around. You were on fire this summer and came up with several clutch wins (including winning the tournament against the 7-0 guy but nbd), although you're the last person in the world I'd peg on losing a game based off not getting 30% chances. Thanks for comin over. Don't worry you're still a ban me please. "I hate Game of Thrones because the tits are 3D and I hate Dexter because it's violent and I'm a peaceful person" - Shake

august: Big AUG... you had a rough tour. It happens, man (look at more than a few of us lol). On the bright side, that Clef/Dug/Scarf Kingdra team is super fun, and you saying fuck it to all our protests of Crobat and getting 4 kills with it was a classic moment. Breloom and shit might be gay but you have the mind to work around it. Plus, SM is coming out with a whole new batch of tiers for you to dominate. Stick around, Agent Smith...

The landlord's here to visit...

BKC: GOD you are so cool. Your jokes are the best. You're totally right, BW Scarf Garchomp IS the best Pokemon in any tier, ever. Sophie Turner is sure to give you a call any day asking you to be the king in her north, it's so unfair that you had to wake up from that incredible dream. Easily the best Kuncer on East, probably on Smogon. Have I mentioned how unbelievably cool you are yet? Also the Kennedys are the 3rd best band ever, only behind the Heads and your very own Breadsticks. Über alles

Just because I couldn't let possibly my finest joke of the summer go unposted: All Hail His Grace, Ser Floppy of House Disk, First of His Name, King of the Umbreons and the Six Gens, Lord Commander of the Donks, Master of Focks, Breaker of Hahs, Father of Bros, Warden of the F*cks, and Protector of the Lols

wish I'd thought to throw in somethin g about turning up but w/e

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S rats chewin up the kitchen

bro fist: Here we have Lord John Leviticus of Houses Youtube, Pokecentral101, RegiLeague and Puerto Mexico, Severalth of His Name (successor to Lord Cloud Strife, Ser Usain Jolt, Prince Internet Meme, His Grace Silent Enigma, and other shit), King of the Jolly Bisharps, Protector of FlyNite's Untarnished Record, Winner of Important Battles, Cheater of POCL, Lucker of c0mp, Dodger of Dracos, Avoider of Focus Blasts, Disciple of Papa, Insulter of My Jokes, and Come On Really Man They're Hilarious.

I'm glad you got all those clutch wins this year, fam. Where can I purchase your... art?! It must be really hard to take such a ceaseless stream of abuse from one Romain Kektacular which makes the Ws all the more special. I like to think we've made Danny proud... I'll use one of his teams, one of these days. Scoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah need more diet tips to truly become Kevin "Shredded" C

dragonuser: I'm glad you came back even if you weren't that active (a recurring theme this year hyuk hyuk hyuk). You did help us out in the later rounds, because just like there'll always be parts of us that are our 2012-13 selves, there'll always be a part of you that's a Pokemon beast :3 Return for SM in full force, honey, I'll be here.

FlamingVictini: So East is in a hole. Down 3-5 in the semis with John and this Legendary-Dave-Pokebattle-recruit-ass rookie left to play. Unfortunately, the kid wants to use this Cobalion nonsense. TDK and I keep teling him not to bring that shit, that that other team looks perfectly fine. The youngin isn't budging, but we figure he'll cave in to the pressure. I mean really, who's going to bring that when your team's on the brink of elimination? And then we see this shit:

[17:50] <&FlamingVictini> ik you guys are gonna hate me if i lose with cobalion
[17:50] <&FlamingVictini> so i wont lose

I see the matchup -- fucking hard stall -- and thought we were beyond fucked, especially seeing the way the game started off. I mean really, this measly UU Pokemon with a Special Attack of about 2 trying to bust through the most resilient walls in OU with a SubCM set? I was getting ready to blow a gasket about how, on the brink of elimination, you decided to bring this horseshit team and knocked us out. But you're not giving up. You're maneuvering around the great wall of K-12, poking holes in it, staying on your feet; you're playing like you've been threatened with death should you ease up on the gas for one turn. He eventually gets Spikes down and is threatening to wear you out but you see the win path down the road. Fucking dumbass Cobalion helps bust a hole and then MZam finishes off the dreaded trio of Skarm, Hija and Sableye-Broken. Fucking beautiful. Fucking Victini. Fucking.

I remember being super impressed when you got subbed in to play DPP in SPL and played extremely carefully and got a big win there. I have a feeling you're going to make a name for yourself as a real clutch artist, kiddo. You've got nowhere to go but up, so keep it... up...

idiotfrommars: OG East. It can't be reiterated enough how nuts it is that while you were roaming the Spanish countryside (sadly choosing not to kidnap our Spanish opponents...) you still made time to hold the door for us. Even when we chose Shake for the finals tiebreak you helped him the hell out (and clearly tried to SABOTAGE him by making him use STARMIE, UGH, god it's so bad) and made sure he had the best shot to end the Memeflict streak. Thanks, man, that's dedication. Never change your Snorlax killer Zapdoses, I'm fucking ashamed I suggested Thunderbolt once. U Rule, and even gave me my first drink. That's special. Actually it was Legendary Dave of House Beer Buyer who technically got it, but w/e. 2017: The Year Dorne Doesn't Suck (Because They're Not In Dorne Anymore). Man I have to read those books...

PS Your ass is grass at our pushup contest next year

Jayde: I'm gl8d you came back. You've got a real good head on your shoulders, Pokes and otherwise. Showing up just about out of nowhere and playing so well was just... ugh. People made jokes about you getting carried before (totes true but... w/e dude you kissed a guy [I watched that ep last night]) but I used that rain team of yours against Squirrel three years ago so you contributed SOMEthing I guess... For real though you proved yourself as True Legitimate East and holy christ that semis game was so clutch and so gorgeous goddamn. One day, I will bring DD Gliscor to a tournament game. Probably not offensive Amoonguss though. Stick around, c8p10, we've got unfinished business.

Nails: I love Nick "Alomomola" Nakaahiki so much. Whether it's making fun of everyone (often at inappropriate times like when I'm getting haxed causing me to rage), to boosting morale, to helping with Pokemon, to "helping" with Pokemon, to "helping" with "Pokemon" this fucker is irreplaceable. I remember him always beating me in tests a few years ago which made me scream because he would use such dumb shit. He hasn't changed, I just don't test with him anymore. See, I'm the one with character development, he may have plot armor but his writers are really slacking. It's okay though he's breaking out in RBY in SPL. Oops I spoiled. Fire Blast Tauros FTW! Anyway I'm super pissed I don't get to sleep with him again at worlds this year (no like really ughhhhhhhHHHHHH), but I can wait...

PDC: I got on your case a lot this year about having no balls in your games. I was totally right, but... as soon as we bench you then you suddenly ditch the habit????????? Good timing you lil Trumbull prick (but fr get us a show there lol). Anyway I have high hopes that you charge into SM in full force and help lead us next year at your full potential which is just waiting to be unlocked. Also you've gotten to the point where I can actually ask you for recs since you've evolved from ripping my shit off... (this sounded better in my head I swear I mean it nicely). You had a rough tour, a lot of us did, but even when you were benched you were always around to help out, even at the 11th hour as I went through my classic "btw I need to figure out a team lol" routine. Head up kiddo (tfw pdc is almost done with high school where tf does the time go?!?!?!?!?!?!)

Stathakis: This dumbass gets a girlfriend of the same nationality in his attempt to recreate the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding and suddenly he's too important for Pokemon. I was kinda cheesed you were super MIA in r1 but you came back and were your self, which is your most important attribute, moreso than a record or anything. Of course winning is nice too, with your Wide Lens Tornadus-Therian-Forme... get your ass back in shape for SM, fam. Also continue to get on IRC to give me, uh, Advice. When you told your gf that the last game was in the hands of the team's best player I couldn't stop smiling... did you then tell her that he then got BRUTALLY ROBBED?!?!?! I could've used some sympathy... Also I'm going to destroy you in pushups in Hawaii, you short fuck. You rock, Louk

TDK: [00:43] <&BKC> hurr durr my names tdk i teambuild lol hurr

Without you, we are absolutely fucked. Okay so you rushed a little in a few of your games. I don't give a shit. You bust your ass building the best teams out there for the entire ORAS lineup. Not just one or two teams, fucking dozens of them so each player can pick what they like most. I'd take you being a guaranteed loss each week for that. Obviously you aren't, you're kind of a beast. You gotta relax on Zard-X though it's lowkey broken. Only superlatives can describe how valuable TDK is to this team. Whatever SPL team ends up with him is SO well off. He helps in BW/DPP too! Thanks for everything you do, B. Now get Scald banned and unban Hoopa so I can pair it with Volcanion for ultimate aesthetic you fucking asshole

Tesung: treat your girlfriend better you piece of shit

Tobes: You rock goddamn. Like your sense of humor is top 5 on Smogon and has always been a highlight of this tour for me. Something something sick af at rby ok now that that's out of the way, thanks for helping me make Trump Uber Alles a reality. Look forward to the live performance... Also no I will not use Weavile Dugtrio rain.

[01:07] <&Peachy> seriously what is the roster
[01:08] <&BKC> i'm in bw
[01:08] <&BKC> i'm sick at it again
[01:08] <&Peachy> well there's always next year
[01:08] <&Tobes> yeah
[01:08] <&Tobes> he plays like a cancer ward child
[01:08] <&Tobes> real sick

[04:41] <&Tobes> btw jimmy turtwig would be a fantastic name in a pokemon mobster parody
[04:41] <&Tobes> "Pocket Mobsters"
[04:41] <&Tobes> fuck this writes itself!
[04:42] <&Tobes> "we got a reliable tip sayin' yous been ghostin', Tony the Rattata"
[04:42] <&Tobes> "so we're gonna be sendin' you back to the other side, see?"

Make it happen

Zamrock: At first I was kinda shaky because you don't exactly have the greatest rep, but TDK and Shake vouched for you as an incredibly hard worker who always puts the team first, so I was like sure... and I'm very glad you came aboard. Not only do you bust your ass scouting (even had your own Discord channel just for it lmao) and giving advice nearly non-stop, hearing you scream your ass off at Shake in call is funny beyond belief. I'm privileged to have heard it. Enjoy the trophy, man; you earned it, no matter what people might say about ~~~bench players~~~. Fuck Drake he's the worst there is

uragg: I'm in the "give uragg a trophy" camp. You came back and were so helpful with your scouting and team advice and dick jokes. Glad you came back, hope you stick around. Maybe you can help us get DPP UU into SPL. You and Shake talking about that fan duel shit was oddly calming to read, even though baseball blows...

Thatsjustpeachy: you were only around for r1 but you helped a lot with BW and... being mean to me, as is tradition. Thanks peach you still rock

Non-team:

liberty32: my #1 brother from when I was 13, jesus fuck. How time flies. It's a shame the gen 4 games I played didn't work out thanks to me being silly once and a certain fire move in the other two but it was fun getting ready for them, what with me losing to SubPass Jolteon and changing my mind on everything non-stop. Thanks man you're the best. I'm still in the living room screaming at X like rage against the machine

Jirachee: I'm going to kill you with this pen.

omg ilysm. 2/3 of my R1 teams were (edited versions of) yours. They're so good ugh!!! You're always there for me whether it's P or W or anything really. I'm sorry for considering my weaknesses to memes, won't happen again. I also won't use them. Probably.

dice: thanks for telling me my teams looked good, honey, that always made me feel secure. U rock. PS here's a sex story just so you squirm a little as the mental image pops up:

osgoode: similarly to dice, thanks for, in my most paranoid/overthinking moments, assuring me that max/max is indeed a fine EV spread for offensive Starmie. You've got a sick future in the tour scene (and mad blowjobs from dice) ahead of you. Enjoy GoT

blunder: thanks for helping us out, fam. Always positive and encouraging and helpful and all that shit. It's been cool seeing you rise up from IDM punching bag to top ORASer...

[02:13] <@blunder> water tyeps counter fire types
[02:13] <@blunder> are u new as fuck
[02:13] <@blunder> u dumbass bitch

Ciele: it was your assertions that BW was my true Calling that led to me really getting back into it which is probably why we won this year. good work.

SoulWind: Thanks for taking it easy on Jayde, we all know he stood no chance under normal circumstances. <3 borjito
God prop_jake I have no idea how you ever win Pokemon games because every interaction we have has me thinking you're ill in the head. You misspell every other word, you misclick non-stop, shit goes right over your head... anyway you are Lord Tessy of House Mad Trophies, Haxer of Fucking Everyone and Protector of the Paracritdropflinchburns (aka odds). You've already carved your place into the history books, and I'm jealous of how you did it so casually. Well not quite casually at first, I remember HnC sent you to me when you were playing Malfoy in Tour 18 and I helped you with a SpecsTran team. Nowadays though you just wanna have fun and beat the shit out of people that way. I should really be less anal about that shit, it's probably a good idea. Anyway you established yourself as a True ADVer this tour (even if I had to put EVs on literally all of your pokes, did you know the best Aero is 252/252 Jolly???) and with your Classic games. Good stuff, B, glad you helped us win; you were a big part of it. Oh yeah how did I forget that you're that kid who can't not joke to save his life.

- "No really guys let's be serious now hahahahahahahahahaehfhshsfjshfsha" - Tesung on deciding lineups pre-round
- "What does Knock Off Land-T do?" "It removes their item, you see"

Anyway I guess I'll watch The Wire now. It better be good. No but fr be nice to your gf goddamn you will regret not doing so. It becomes infinitely harder to get it on with her hot mom/sister/cousin/whoever if you're not around her... I'm kidding. I shouldn't put these ideas in your head. Fuck.

Also Anna Kendrick is the bestttttttttttt

Thanks for playing and hosting and shit everyone, it was fun as always and this time around, really fucking tight. God I love this tournament. We do need all SM next year though as long as the tier isn't nigh-unplayable.

Also I know it's over now but to the people who thought I was dodging Fakes and tried to claim a bunch of nonsense about deadlines and subs: I had to bail on the original time because my band had a show and the day after I was ready to play -- even sending my fucking team in, which you can check for yourselves if you care that much -- and then my internet died for several hours. Wow, I came back during Stath's game; it's almost like it had been 3 hours and it was finally running again! I'm flattered that you wanted me subbed out for higher chances of winning, but still you didn't have to be accusatory douches about it. Things do get heated in these situations though so let's just forget it and enjoy said show:

Our rendition of Psycho Killer here is probably the best thing we ever did, damn... too bad we were too loud for the old fogeys at the end so we started the last song a little too quietly. It gets better as we go though. Fuckin punk rock

Countdown to WCoP '17 signups begins now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

busyguy

formerly mil
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A few words from the guy who watched his team from the bench:

Conflict : a great personality, incredibly valuable for a team. After many games you gave suggestions on how to do it better next time. In case of missplays or chokes you stayed calm and talked with the teammate, which obviously helped the player and aided in strengthening the team spirit, even in desperate situations.

xray : deeply absorbed in getting the trophy, but you also passed it to your teammates which kept the team's motivation high

Get this Money : lost his bench status and started extremely motivated, built a lot of teams for our oras players.

Picollo : chilled with me on the bench. I didn't even know that he lived in the same town as me, definitely our towns no1. mons player

Seeme, cosine180 : you two were the main reason why I wanted to play in the team, you were open and friendly when doing tryouts and after that it was always fun to talk to you. sadly, during the final stages of the tour you two coudln't find the energy for mons.

s/o to the others too.

About me:

It wasn't planned that I'd be on team germany, I'm also new to tours on here. seeme and cosine gave me an opportunity to prove myself, which allowed me to take the last availible slot as a sub.
I didn't play a game in this tour, but I enjoyed helping with teambuilding and testing.
Nonetheless it was really fun, I'd like to participate again.
For next year I'll definitely shoot for a permanent place in the lineup.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
You should go back to China to help your parents run that $10 all you can eat dim sum Chinese buffet. Stop wasting time posting shit videos on YouTube that nobody with a life would ever watch. Don't come back to playing Pokemon either. You're not gonna get any better at it. You've maxed out Pokemon-wise. Go do something worthwhile with your life when it's still not too late.
are u really saying this in spite of the fact that u log onto smogon daily and post cat gifs regularly to seek validation outside of your pathetic frycook life sustained by minimum wage
is it that bad that your economic and social circles restrain u to this assfuckery as the only form of entertainment? i can help u move onto a better hobby, perhaps going outside and talking to humans is a start? if u need a donation or somethin hit me up ill hook u up proper @ gofundafuccnigga.com and if u need humans willing to talk to ur fuccass i gotchu w the conglomerate @ idm.com
dont come at the GOAT as blunder once said "you may not believe me but ctc is the best ou player since 2013"

also despite the fact that east is all fuccniggas n snakes grats to my ol bois eat my ass Stone_Cold

http://sketchtoy.com/60881318

Last edited:

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
That is one expensive ass buffet

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Some time ago, the TD team was made aware of logs indicating that a large part of team Germany had ghosted each other in one way or another during World Cup of Pokémon. Said logs were made available to the TD team through hacking the Skype account of a member of team Germany and were then used in a blackmailing scheme. While the TD team in no way, shape or form justifies this set of actions, which is of a criminal nature, the logs do still accurately represent actual events, as the logs have been confirmed as authentic by a member of the German team.

Upon discussion within the TD team, the old framework for how to classify disallowed events was revisited. It was questioned whether all actions per necessity would be deserving of the same one-year ban, and if there were differences in what's allowed in team tournaments and individual tournaments. These discussions resulted in an agreement that not all disallowed actions are deemed equal in impact and seriousness - as a hypothetical example, posting a calculation unrecruited is not to be deemed as serious as telling a player what to do repeatedly during the course of a game. As a consequence, the TD team decided to make the punishment scale for disallowed activities less binary. There was still disagreement among TDs on what punishment was deserved for each individual person involved in the case, so a vote was held.

As a result of all of the above, the TD team has agreed to hand out the following punishments:

bluri, Conflict, cosine180, jira, Picollo and xray will be tournament banned for a year.
Aurious, Get this Money, mil, Quaggster and Steve Angello will be tournament banned for six months. They will also be barred from joining the next iteration of World Cup of Pokémon.

We will shortly release an updated version of our tournament guidelines with regards to what's allowed in team tournaments while being disallowed in individual tournaments. Do note though that we are giving more leeway to participants in team tournaments, yet we still found the above list of participants guilty of disallowed behavior. We are not retrofitting our set of rules to punish these users. However, neither are we changing our guidelines to give a select choice of users smaller punishments than they would deserve. We made these changes because we believe them to be correct, not because of the consequences they bring to a certain set of individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)