Fly's Art Thread

Should I post sketch dumps on here?

• Total voters

Hey! Welcome to my art thread! Thought I'd set one of these up since I'm generally drawing when I'm not playing pokemon.
(I'm not super active on smogon these days so if you want to see my newer art, check the links below!)

-- Deviantart -- Comicfury --

I'm not entirely sure how these are run, so I'll be feeling this out... just gonna put up a bunch of recent art and I'll add on as I go; suggestions for what to draw are welcome c:

(If you scroll through posts on here there's more art not in this post!)

Additionally, I have a comic! Scroll down to the second post if you're interested in reading it~

These are also in my signature.. working on all my competitive(ish) teams VuV

Group drawings of all my teams, both in game and for wifi battling. Traditional sketches with digital colours.

Dark type team (this one is old and will be redone eventually for composition)
Bree, Bismuth, Bellatrix, Vivienne, Caspian, and Raeden

My main team (I generally use mixed tier teams)
Bronwyn, Aisha, Phoebe, Flint, Arizona, and Celtic

My bug monotype team! Love bugs, love bug types <3
Midas, Melanie, Adira, Fairfax (shuckle), Meade, Caden (scolipede)

My Trick-Sand team! Doubles team that uses trick room + sandstorm. Love these guys <3
Naomi, Quinn, Rowe, Chromium, Kono, and Lilith

Weird sets team! These were for fun; everyone is running the opposite of their usual set (save for screens Klefki; needed the longevity)
Levi (specs), Tryllium, Mavis (physical), Tess (belly drum), Valencia (physical), and Rocco (special resto chesto)

My first team -- these guys are from diamond. There's seven because I alternated between two.
Voltaire, Benjamin, Danae, Elijha, Maeve, Theodore Teddy, and Ricasso

My ruby team (played it on my friend's GBA); seven here since I went between my cacturne and shiftry.
Requiem, Balsam, Tea, Kyle, Dias, Lyis, and Polaris

My white team... this is my most recent in-game team, save for my nuzlocke (below)
Dev, Tybalt, Austin, Graham, Hayes, and Nelly

My wonderlocke team! I got really lucky with these guys; I had two casualties, but they were early on. This was my final team.
Aurora, Vaughn, Augustus, Sharky (came named), Cosmo, and Noelle

I may or may not have an addiction to making teams.... shhhhhh |D

Everything else pokemon! Just putting personal favourites in here. This isn't up to date, so scroll through the thread for more!

Portrait of Vivienne! She's my baby; got her in game as a houndour and I've been using her online since. Modest, perfect special attack and speed; all I could want honestly.

Theodore and Maeve (they're besties); based on the dex entry about clefable being able to walk on water. Pretty sure Theo wouldn't have tried it unless someone told him to.

This one was a contest entry; the theme was to draw yourself and the contest holder with some of your pokemon. As you can see, they've had a lot of gengars. I'm on the left; my two gengar's are directly above my head. Also a loser clefable who changed his mind about this being fun.

My two gengars together (idk why there is so much gengar art in here what is this madness)

A bunch of little pokemon pixels! These are from last year, but I still like some of them. (but what is that chandelure oh no)

Little poffin-nomming bouncy pixels I did last year of my diamond team. They all got their favourite flavours ^u^

Last edited:

Check it out on comicfury!

EDIT: NOT UPDATING ON HERE! This post has become angry. It's easiest to read on comicfury c;
-----

This is just a story that happens in the pokemon universe; it's set in it's own region and doesn't use any existing characters. Not a super detailed description because I'm bad at that, but it's basically a character based adventure story. There's some violence and language, just fyi!

>Updates Monday & Thursday!<​

Last edited:
Sketch dumps! I'll put up some more if I find more. I do a lot of doodling.

Vivienne, my weird sets team (might finish the top left drawing later), and my new Krookodile, Tharja. Expect more of her -- she's been amazing <3

Does anyone know how to change polls? I'm wondering if anyone would want to see some fake pokemon designs I've done. They're good for art block.

Last edited:
Here's a bunch of my pokemon humanized! Going to do all my teams, but this is just three of them for now. They're all mixed around too. Some of these are new designs and some are older. Just headshots because... anatomy XP

If anyone wants to try and guess who's who I'll love you forever! If someone gets them all I'll make sure you get some sort of prize for it -- art or some 5IV/HA/Shiny pokemon or something. No idea if anyone will want to guess but it'll make me happy |D

I'd love to hear if you have a favourite too!​

Last edited:
Can anyone see the image in the above post? It was showing on my computer, but when I looked from my iPad it wasn't. I think I've fixed it now.

--

Did some art of three new characters for a comic I'll hopefully have the energy to do!
[lol I lost this file but uh that comic happened]

I'll be drawing them regardless, and if I do actually write the comic I'll be sure to post it here.

This is pretty messy, but it was more or less a quick practice of expressions and proportions for these three.

If I actually get time to scan some stuff I have more sketches to put up too; just went through my school stuff since I'm finally done, and I found some lost pages.

Last edited:

fx

moon tourism
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
can i just say that i love your art so much

especially your sketch dumps !! i just love how much fluidity and movement there is in them !

Thanks! ;;o;; I'm glad you like those; I'll have try and find my doodles from school. I do a lot of sketching and a lot less finishing things in general X3

Just as an fyi I made the second post into a spot for my comic! I didn't want to put it on the main post... I probably should have reserved a few posts in hindsight.

The comic updates every Monday and Thursday, and I'll just update that post so I don't annoy anyone who doesn't want to read it.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Unfortunate that more people haven’t commented on this thread yet. Your artwork is very promising! Your drawings have a cartoony, lively feel to them. You do a nice job conveying expression in both your pokemon and human characters through facial features and body language, and I can tell from your sketch posts that you have a good command of gesture. If you're still questioning whether or not you should post those sketches, I'd say you definitely should. It’s cool seeing your ideas in unrestrained, developmental stages!

On a separate note, I’m not too familiar with critiquing sprite work, but I like the little endearing touches in those signature sprites, like Toxicroak’s extra chuckling frames and Gengar’s eyes shifting.

Thanks so much! ;o; I'm definitely going to keep posting sketches, I just don't know how to get rid of the poll X3 And thanks! I had a lot of fun with the little chuckling part myself ;v;

Just wanted to post and say that I've posted the entire prologue to my comic! Second post for anyone who's interested.

And I want to include some actual art in this post too... I haven't done anything pokemon related (save for the comic and some traditional sketches I can't find) sooo

Have a slightly messy little copic doodle of two of my characters instead! I like how it turned out so hopefully you guys like it too~

Your artwork is so cute! Really love your cartoony style, you do a great job at making all your characters feel lively, and the range of expressions they have is great. Expressions are something I have issues with, so I envy you a bit. :P Really great stuff.

Little sculpture I did on the thanksgiving break! If anyone is reading my comic then they'll recognize her ;v; Really challenging but fun to make <3

She's about 4 inches tall including the base/stand, made entirely of sculpey (and a plastic rod for the base). The bottom right picture is to show that her eyes glow in the dark a bit, but it isn't the best picture so I'm not sure how obvious that is.

I'm absolutely in love with your style. It's so Cartoony but so realistic at the same time. It reminds me a lot of Tim Schaffer's work with DoubleFine and how every part of every piece contributes it's own personality.

He's the man behind game
Thanks! ;v; I've never heard of him before; I'll have to look him up some time~

Did some more art! This is a specific thing but I don't feel like elaborating; just wanted to share.
He's the man behind games like Grim Fandango and Psychonaughts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)