Overwatch - Brigitte used FLAIL!

man try being lucio and having ur heal up and someone's like "LUCIO WHY ARENT U HEALING" like fuck off mate i'm not wasting my E when there's just 1 person in my LoS that needs healing
earlier today someone was in my line of sight at like ~95% spamming I need healing and I had my lúcio heal up. There was also a zen nearby. I think some of these people actually do it to annoy at this point, otherwise I give up, how do you get to level 150 and not notice your hp rising LOL. also someone I solo res'd as Mercy ran and hid in a corner of the map demanding healing (believe it or not, not a Genji, a McCree!), couldn't find a health pack or something, finally ran behind me while I was turning around trying to find him, and died instantly. 'FUCK YOU HEALER'

No one ever says 'fuck you tank' or 'fuck you defense' p sure. Or even 'fuck you turret'. Just 'fuck you healer'. Tfw interchangeable.

Also remlabmez and Minwu ty for the advice! I started spamming D.va and I fuckin' love her, I am pretty incompetent still but I have so much fun it doesn't matter, and when I'm in a group they tend to be pretty supportive and sometimes I manage to carry so. Also ez potgs which is a new one because I only played Lúcio and sometimes Mercy (1 potg)/Ana/Zen before. 8) I won a Reinhardt game where the payload was uncontested but I lost all my other Rein games that weren't on payload, what happens is I get charged and outduelled by the other Rein who has actually played Rein ever before and I never really know what to do, especially since his hammer feels clunky and the pin can KO. I only feel confident playing Rein on a payload map since those tend to be pretty nice environments (narrow or very flanky rather than open, aerial spaces tend to be limited to specific segments, better than trying to defend a point which I'm trash at as Rein with q down) as well as the obv payload is good for Rein. I feel like my mindset is just somehow 'off' or 'out of sync' when I play Rein but I would still love tips for handling other tanks that wanna punch it up.

Does anyone have any good resources for D.va or good streamers to watch? I don't watch OW streamers so yeah. I'd love to watch better D.va players than me charge their mechs.

ALSO I GOT SOUTH KOREAN D.VA SKIN SOOO HAPPY FUCK YOU BLIZZARD

-(Genji) Need healing! [Other side of the map]
iconic

Genji if you want that pocket healing you seem to be hinting at, I best be playing zenyatta or you better be right in front of me. Otherwise you can have the health packs behind the enemy line. Go on I don't want them. Unless you're well above the bell curve or I'm off-healer in which case this situation is unlikely.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any good resources for D.va or good streamers to watch? I don't watch OW streamers so yeah. I'd love to watch better D.va players than me charge their mechs.
Moonmoon plays D.VA about 99% of the time. I can't guarantee you'll like him that much but he certainly knows how to play her.

He also talks to his chat on occasion without having to give him money so that might be worth trying out (although his stream is extremely busy and we all know how bad busy Twitch chats are)

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
There have been some huge upsets for anyone who follows Overwatch E sports.

**SPOILERS ALERT**
Cloud9 lost a series to Rogue. Rogue showed up and stunned everyone by beating the Group B favourites. Reaver really wasn't pulling his weight. His name was constantly showing up on the wrong side of the kill thread, and he never really had moments where he shined. I wouldn't be surprised if C9 are starting to look for replacements for him, as it seems Surefour is carrying the weight for their DPS duo. AKM was absolutely amazing this game, and Tviq really put in work as well. You actually see AKM pull our a quad kill Deadeye which was absolutely insane.

Complexity also got completely stomped by Reunited. They set insanely fast times on King's Row and Watch Point Gibraltar. Not much to be said, they just didn't put up a fight at all against Reunited. One thing to note is KyB actually brought out a Hanzo on attack on King's Row, and it was very successful. What was truly interesting to see was when Cloud9 and Complexity faced off on the losers bracket. Complexity seem to do /pretty/ well against Cloud9 compared to other teams stat wise, and amazingly, Cloud9 lost again and was eliminated from the tour. Sadly Reaver and Adam seemed like the weak links in the team again.

EnvyUs have been dominating the tour as expected, right now they are the best team in Overwatch by far. Before facing off with Team Rogue, they had a record of 57-0 in matches, an incredible feat. However, in this Bo5, Rogue took EnvyUs to two control point games, Temple of Anubis and Hanamura. Amazingly, they actually beat EnvyUs both times on these maps, utilising Junkrat on Temple, and Mei on Hanamura. Mei has actually been seeing a surprising amount of usage, but that's for another day. EnvyUs do come back and win both payload maps, and it all came down to KOTH with Lijiang Tower. And amazingly, Rogue win 3-2 in KOTH.

Truly stunning performance from Rogue, I can't wait to see what they have stocked up for the next rounds. My MVP for the how tour so far has to be AKM. He is doing amazing.

For those who haven't read the spoilers and want to keep up to date with this tour, here's a link to where they've uploaded all of the games that have happened, or you can watch the live stream. I highly suggest checking it out, its by far the most amazing and intense games I've seen from the top teams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ7ichMmDKxccIgcysJJ_ZA

http://live.playoverwatch.com/

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After a few days for the nerfs to sink in how is Genji? He was one of the heroes I was most interested in playing out of gameplay and aesthetic (dude is Raiden and Gray Fox in one) reasons.
he's still totes good, I like him more now tbh, I played him on the ptr and just got into the groove way more. I didn't even notice he was different

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
it'll take a while for me to get used to him not having a triple jump if that nerf does go through, trying to forget something you've engraved in your brain is hard

Ok does anyone play Bastion anymore or am I just that one asshole on servers who unknowingly finds the best spot and kills 5 enemies at once?

Also what are your top 5 favorite/hated heroes? (from least to most) Mine are:
5: Pharah
4: Lucio
3: McCree
2: Hanzo
1: Bastion

5: Torbjorn
4: Junkrat
3: D.Va
2: Mei
1: Ana

my top 5 most fun to play:

5) Winston
4) Torbjorn
3) D.Va
2) Zenyatta
1) Tracer

Least favourite heros:

5) Junkrat (really only enjoy him defending anubis)
4) Lucio
huge gap

3) Hanzo
2) Mei
1) Widowmaker

There have been some huge upsets for anyone who follows Overwatch E sports.

**SPOILERS ALERT**
Cloud9 lost a series to Rogue. Rogue showed up and stunned everyone by beating the Group B favourites. Reaver really wasn't pulling his weight. His name was constantly showing up on the wrong side of the kill thread, and he never really had moments where he shined. I wouldn't be surprised if C9 are starting to look for replacements for him, as it seems Surefour is carrying the weight for their DPS duo. AKM was absolutely amazing this game, and Tviq really put in work as well. You actually see AKM pull our a quad kill Deadeye which was absolutely insane.

Complexity also got completely stomped by Reunited. They set insanely fast times on King's Row and Watch Point Gibraltar. Not much to be said, they just didn't put up a fight at all against Reunited. One thing to note is KyB actually brought out a Hanzo on attack on King's Row, and it was very successful. What was truly interesting to see was when Cloud9 and Complexity faced off on the losers bracket. Complexity seem to do /pretty/ well against Cloud9 compared to other teams stat wise, and amazingly, Cloud9 lost again and was eliminated from the tour. Sadly Reaver and Adam seemed like the weak links in the team again.

EnvyUs have been dominating the tour as expected, right now they are the best team in Overwatch by far. Before facing off with Team Rogue, they had a record of 57-0 in matches, an incredible feat. However, in this Bo5, Rogue took EnvyUs to two control point games, Temple of Anubis and Hanamura. Amazingly, they actually beat EnvyUs both times on these maps, utilising Junkrat on Temple, and Mei on Hanamura. Mei has actually been seeing a surprising amount of usage, but that's for another day. EnvyUs do come back and win both payload maps, and it all came down to KOTH with Lijiang Tower. And amazingly, Rogue win 3-2 in KOTH.

Truly stunning performance from Rogue, I can't wait to see what they have stocked up for the next rounds. My MVP for the how tour so far has to be AKM. He is doing amazing.

For those who haven't read the spoilers and want to keep up to date with this tour, here's a link to where they've uploaded all of the games that have happened, or you can watch the live stream. I highly suggest checking it out, its by far the most amazing and intense games I've seen from the top teams.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ7ichMmDKxccIgcysJJ_ZA

http://live.playoverwatch.com/
complexity match up well against cloud9. i'm not sure of the specifics but they've won 4 different matches out of the 5 they've played recently against c9. cloud9 didn't seem like they're taking this too seriously so i assume this will be a wakeup call. envy won 57 straight, but the record was a) online and b) against only NA competition. i figure they're still the top dog given how close that series was. envyus vs rogue literally came down to 5 HP on a zarya, who if she got lucio ulted milliseconds later would have died, and envy would have taken the match.

rogue definitely played out of their mind, but it's important to note that the big 4 of europe all basically trade sets with each other, with reunited even defeating rogue during the earlier portions of the tournament. europe looks ridiculously strong as a whole, we'll see more cross-map competition when the overwatch open starts back up on wednesday.

don't think you need to hide anything with spoilers given it's been a day since the tournament ended.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
yeah moonmoon would be the best stream for dva gameplay. rein is very good but im just not a huge fan of him anymore, unless you have an ana on your team it is tilting sometimes to watch your team do nothing while you just sit there. im all about that zarya/dva life now. rein vs rein is about being patient and waiting for the other rein to make a mistake, usually when you see the other rein with his shield up in a bad position it is pretty safe to charge him and get the jump on him. its hard to duel as rein vs most of the tanks but its possible if you can get the jump on them with charge. rein is just all about patience and capitalizing on others mistakes. its better to be safe than sorry on him, theres times where i try to go for a clutch charge but it ends up just me getting killed for free

i watched the tournament, pretty disappointing that envyus lost at their first lan event. not accusing of them of cheating just hard to take online results serious for this reason. glad rogue won since i do watch tvique stream pretty often. also C9 need a roster change if they get dumped on again, mostly talking about reaver and how he is not even close to the same level as surefour as a dps partner

idk, i think online is a fine indicator, but envy never even played against EU teams so we have no ability to judge. they still seem a few steps ahead of every other NA team, which are all the teams they compete against. taimou still looked ridiculous on LAN and pretty much every top tier player performed to their "expected" level, so i'm hoping the cheating accusations can stop at this point. maybe r/competitiveoverwatch will be worth following again.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I enjoy a lot of heroes, so it's hard to choose, but...
Top 5:
Zenyatta
Tracer
Torbjörn (gotta love the roadhog like kills)
Junkrat
Reinhardt

Least favourite:
Hanzo (fuck you random headshots)
Symmetra (fuck your space ray that kills my Genji always)
Roadhog (fuck your hook combo)
Bastion (ARGH)
Pharah (fuck your random blow ups from above and that god damn E on Illios)

Genji nerf isn't that bad, but since I'm not the best at him I'll continue practising Tracer, which seems harder to use well to me, but she's extremely funny. I'm worried about supports getting worse ranks, so I figure I need to tank/dps sometime on placing matches to at leat get a good rank. Then I'll continue my Zen spam.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
removing triple jump is terrible :( rip

also even after days of playing on PTR I'm still trying to use the combo lol. which will be awkward cuz I'd right click > melee and then I just stand there like wtf? where's my dash?... ult nerf was expected/needed. overall i think he's still good but DPS players would rather mccree or reaper imo, or tracer. they're useful for more situations.

also about gamescom, Rogue fucking blew my mind. I've only seen them play a few matches before so I never really knew much about how good they are besides knowing tviq is a good DPS and AKM is a decent mccree but jesus christ, beating envy and winning it all? thats pretty fucking good. Reunited played well too. idk what happened to c9 lol. disappointed to see fnatic didn't make playoffs tho :[

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hm, top 5 heros

Mercy - I really feel like I'm supporting the team a tonne when I'm bringing people back from critical health. It works amazingly when your team sticks with you and actually watches for flankers that target you. I also get chills every time I hear "Hero's never die!", as I res the whole team who just got destroyed by the enemy Reaper or Genji.

Roadhog - Usually my go to pick when defending a map in PUB games. He's very self reliant, and can pick off hero's so easily with his hook. If I had a team I'd say the better pick would be Zarya, but when you're just messing around Roadhog is fun and effective.

Pharah - When you get a quintuple kill because you combo ults with Zarya it feelsgoodman. Very fun character to play, especially on KOTH maps where it's easy to knock someone off the map with your concussion blast.

Zenyatta - I used him pre buff, so it was very fun to use him when he became much more effective. I've also had some of my best moments with Zen, whether it's saving the team with Trans or getting head shots on flankers trying to ruin my day.

??? - Honestly my opinion of favorites kinda changes all the time. I've used loads of Tracer, Reinhardt, and Hanzo, but as I try more hero's I have more fun with all of them, so I guess it's hard to say who my exact top 5 are. Reaper, Genji, Zarya, Winston, etc are all very fun to play.

Now for the top 5 hero's I hate

Torb - Just a boring playstyle, abd he's pretty bad too. Also hate to see my team mates run him on attack.

Symertra - again, very boring hero, and I've been taken out by her countless times with her auto aim laser bs. I also hate to see my team mates run her on attack.

Mccree - I've been stunned and killed instantly by him many times. Not only that but he's also constantly seeing changes, kinda makes him feel very unstable as a hero to master. I also suck with Mccree, so I don't use him at all.

Ana - I've tried her, and she's /kinda/ fun, but I just feel a lot more consistent with any other support hero.

Tracer - outside of the game I love tracer, however as I usually play support, Tracer is usually a nightmare for me. It sucks if you don't have anti flank hero's like Mccree on your team watching out for them.

That was way more detailed than I intended .-.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Top 5 I like:

Genji
Mercy
Pharah
Reaper
Lucio

Top 5 I hate:

Tracer
Widow
Hanzo
Symmetra
Mccree

I love playing as Mccree but jesus christ is he fucking annoying. Everyone I hate annoys me super hard. I started the game out with only playing mostly healers and pharah cuz I sucked at anything else but I learned some offense heroes to carry myself lol. I feel like I'm pretty damn good now with Genji and Reaper on a good day.

Love to play
1. Junkrat
2. Pharah
3. McCree
4. Lucio
5. Widowmaker

Hate/can't play so I almost never do
1. Symmetra
2. Genji
3. Reinhard + Almost any tank
4. Hanzo
5. Mercy

There's still a lot about this game I really haven't gotten down to base competency. I can really only play a tank or Mercy if over half the team is in my group so I know how they're gonna behave. I have enough fun playing Junkrat and finding fun angles, creating pressure, and landing trick shots.

removing triple jump is terrible :( rip

also even after days of playing on PTR I'm still trying to use the combo lol. which will be awkward cuz I'd right click > melee and then I just stand there like wtf? where's my dash?... ult nerf was expected/needed. overall i think he's still good but DPS players would rather mccree or reaper imo, or tracer. they're useful for more situations.

also about gamescom, Rogue fucking blew my mind. I've only seen them play a few matches before so I never really knew much about how good they are besides knowing tviq is a good DPS and AKM is a decent mccree but jesus christ, beating envy and winning it all? thats pretty fucking good. Reunited played well too. idk what happened to c9 lol. disappointed to see fnatic didn't make playoffs tho :[
Fnatic did make playoffs. They placed 3rd, tying Envy. I would go as far as to say they are top 2 in NA right now, perhaps top 5 in the world.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Fnatic did make playoffs. They placed 3rd, tying Envy. I would go as far as to say they are top 2 in NA right now, perhaps top 5 in the world.
oh, I thought playoffs was another word for grand finals (top 2 teams in the tournament playing each other), my b.

they're def top 5 though, I thought that was the consensus.

I was on the boat of saying that Competitive Overwatch was very stale to watch, and didn't know almost anyone/any team. But after actually watching most of the playoffs I grew to love some of the teams. Of course the highlight match-up was Envyus vs Rogue. I just wish it'd be a little easier to follow while a big battle is happening. Most of the time I'd look at the kill feed, trying to sort in my head which team had a man advantage. When I was watching the actual view of some player, at times I'd get confused of who it was and root for the opposing team. Still loved it though, maybe these are only problems I had because of my short attention span.

My top 5 heros are always being changed out as I have never found true "mains" so I'm constantly going between all classes and heroes, at the moment though it's
  1. Favorite: Pharah
  2. Reinhardt
  3. Tracer
  4. Zarya
  5. Mei
My least favorite heroes are a combination of heroes I hate playing as, and hate playing against
  1. Disliked to use: Symmetra - Disliked to play against: Junkrat
  2. Widowmaker - Genji
  3. Bastion - D.Va
I just love how Pharah controls and how she's the only flying character so her movement style is vastly different. The concussive blasts makes for some nice plays; throwing people off a cliff or sometimes aiming at the ground to push yourself into cover from a D.Va bomb. I really dislike how clunky Symmetra feels to play, just so slow, always worrying about turrets, and doing almost nothing at Mid to Long Range. I hate playing against Junkrat because it seems like I CAN NEVER ESCAPE THAT DAMN WHEEL.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Favorite:
1. Zenyatta
2. Mccree
3. D.va
4. Pharrah
5. everybody else lol

Dislike:
1. Mei -- she has like no purpose in the game, fails to shut down flankers due to movement skills, only succeeds at beating bad people on average
2. Sym -- for similar reasons
3. Mercy -- Every time I play her I am constantly reminded why every other support is so much more fun, because you can't rely on teammates like ever and I'd rather carry people with the magic of zen
4. Reinhardt -- He has gotten so monotonous and essential that he is just the same of equal skill level on every team. No reason to not pick him but he's sooooo boring

aVocado

@ Everstone
Favorite:
1. Zenyatta
2. Mccree
3. D.va
4. Pharrah
5. everybody else lol

Dislike:
1. Mei -- she has like no purpose in the game, fails to shut down flankers due to movement skills, only succeeds at beating bad people on average
2. Sym -- for similar reasons
3. Mercy -- Every time I play her I am constantly reminded why every other support is so much more fun, because you can't rely on teammates like ever and I'd rather carry people with the magic of zen
4. Reinhardt -- He has gotten so monotonous and essential that he is just the same of equal skill level on every team. No reason to not pick him but he's sooooo boring
clearly pharah isnt ur fav cuz u would have spelled her name correctly otherwise...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...h-from-titan-to-torbjorn.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

Is there the possibility that, as characters get added to the game, older ones could be retired from the roster?

"We would leave the door open to that. I think the fact that we chose the business model we did – that the game comes with all the heroes and we’re giving you everything [extra] for free so far – allows us to retire a hero without feeling bad about it. But I think we have a long way to go before heroes will need to be," he said.

Gee Jeff Kaplan Maybe You Should Close And Lock That Door Right Now

considering how many times we've screamed at riot to delete some characters i don't see how correcting any potential mistake releases would be a universally bad thing, especially for a probably more mechanics-driven FPS game. tbh I can't see overwatch being balanced well for much more than, like, 30 heroes.

e: also just watched a really good wallriding guide for ilios, some mechanics i didn't know about (spamming space after amp it up or after switching to heal retains momentum!) and some really good shit on well

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just got this game on PC, really enjoying it. Feels like a breath of fresh air from a guy who played a lot of TF2 and a fair amount of Splatoon. Loving the class gameplay and the international cast and style, which is something I love in games.

Right now I'm just trying to play bots and get a feel for each class, I'll attempt some more stuff later, and perhaps play with all you fellas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)