Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
No no no, they change it after Houndoum Safari IIRC, they rigged the probability to you are SURE to encounter the right probability in the first 100 hearts on the Safari

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114531-pokemon-shuffle/73930412
IDK if it was exactly 100, but I played the stage many many times. I lost count to be honest. Maybe I would have just gotten my 3 Garchomps right at the end of everything if this is how its supposed to go. But yes, that is a amazing thing if they really did that. Should be able to spend 100 hearts in a week of a Safari which is good. Just hope you don't get all three early with bad mons :P

Do we know what the rewards for Diancie beyond 100 are? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it to go past the one MSU, especially with Shaymin dropping PSBs...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pastebin is not out yet so we will have to wait a bit.

Also a reminder that stages 21-30 of the Diancie EB have Diancie spawn four coins right away. Shoutouts anger for making me skip five of those stages because I forgot that those were coin stages until I actually got there so don't miss half of the free coin stages like I did... >_>

No no no, they change it after Houndoum Safari IIRC, they rigged the probability to you are SURE to encounter the right probability in the first 100 hearts on the Safari

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114531-pokemon-shuffle/73930412
Not that I don't trust Shuffle devs for making RNG not independent from earlier picks but... my guess is that 100 is a big enough sample space that distributions are very close to what they are supposed to hold.

Well, I trust people on some forums and it was almost confirmed on Reddit I think.

Diancite EB
10 1,000 Coins
20 1 Mega Start
30 1 Moves +5
40 1 Disruption Delay
50 1 Diancite / 1 Mega Speed Up
60 1,000 Coins
70 1 Exp. Booster M
80 1 Skill Booster S
100 1 Mega Speedup
130 2 Exp. Booster M
150 1 Mega Speedup
180 1 Skill Booster S
200 1 Raise Max Level
250 1 Skill Swapper
300 1 Skill Booster L

The one and only Skill Booster L in the game. SB L = 30 PSB. That's surprising and powerful

So I guess I would like to farm until level 300. Until level 250 is sure ...

Next Week
Xerneas, Arceus, Regice, Mega-Charizard X

M-Charizard X Competition:
A limited move format competitive stage is available!
Prizes by Place:
1- 1,600: 1 Charizardite X, 1 Mega Speedup and 1 Skill Swapper
1,601 - 6,400: 1 Charizardite X and 1 Mega Speedup
6,401 - 19,000: 1 Charizardite X and 1 Disruption Delay
19,001 - 26,000: 1 Attack Power ‘ and 1 Disruption Delay
26,001+ : 1 Attack Power
Those who have already obtained one Charizardite X will get one Raise Max Level instead
Event Period:Until 05:00 (UTC) 09/06/2016
Reward Period:From 06:00 (UTC) 09/06/2016 until 06:00 (UTC) 09/13/2016

Take on Xerneas here!
Xerneas, which appears in expert stage 18, can be found in a special stage!
Don't miss this chance to defeat and catch this powerful foe
After catching it, if you retry the stage, it may occasionally drop a Xerneas Skill Booster or Raise Max Levels!
Strengthen Xerneas to prepare it for the Mega Charizard X competitive stage!
Event Period: Until 06:00 (UTC) 09/06/2016

Arceus is here now!
Can you defeat the overwhelmingpower of this Mythical Pokémon? Gather your strongest team together to take on this fearsome challenge!
You may wish to level up your best Fighting-type Pokémon first
Using an Attack Power ‘and Disruption Delay might also give you a better shot at beating and catching this tough Pokémon!
Event Period: Until 06:00 (UTC) 09/13/2016

Take on the Legendary Pokémon Regice here!
This powerful foe can only be encountered in this stage.
Don't let this one pass you by!
Using an Attack Power ‘and Mega Start might also give you a better shot at beating and catching this tough Pokémon!
After catching it, if you retry the stage, it may occasionally drop a Regice Skill Booster!
Event Period: Until 06:00 (UTC) 09/13/2016

Last edited:
Good that next week is so light after all the stuff we got today.

Not sure if I'm going to go beyond 150 for this EB.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
So it's finally gonne be back, the useless Mega zard X which also is the only megastone I missed. Oh well I'll be aiming for the extra skill swapper anyway. Already cacught white kyurem so RIP Goodra although I forgot what eject++ proc rates are supposed to be.
Maybe I'll farm some shaymin PSB's if the drop rates are good since I already spent some to level up sleep charm to level 4 (which has been incredibly useful so far so no regrets at all).
Not sure how far I'll go into this EB, the skill booster L is really tempting but lvl 300 must be also really absurd at that point, will probably settle at 250 for the mega speedup.

I take it Xerneas is sticking with Quirky+, which makes me debate if I'd care about getting PSB's for it when Shaymin and an Escalation battle are hanging around.

How far should I take Shaymin before I shift back to grinding coins for Diancie?

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
I take it Xerneas is sticking with Quirky+, which makes me debate if I'd care about getting PSB's for it when Shaymin and an Escalation battle are hanging around.

How far should I take Shaymin before I shift back to grinding coins for Diancie?
You'd want at least lvl3 sleep charm. Lvl4 only offers a ridiculous 3% proc boost instead of 5% which you recover at level 5 but you'd need 100 skill points for that.

I'll probably take Shaymin to Level 3, then focus on Diancie prep. Someone had the idea to use singular hearts before downtime for Shaymin so you don't risk an un-attemptable angry stage.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pastebin is not out yet so we will have to wait a bit.

Also a reminder that stages 21-30 of the Diancie EB have Diancie spawn four coins right away. Shoutouts anger for making me skip five of those stages because I forgot that those were coin stages until I actually got there so don't miss half of the free coin stages like I did... >_>
Not me, I got a skip and used it. Those extra coins are irrelevant to me rn. If I'm going all the way to 300 I need all the hearts I can get. Only 31 right now but ideally if I can get 40 a day I'll be fine.

That and I want to raise Shaymin from 3 to 5... and have enough money for Xerneas farming next week. I already have everything that is released this week and next so I'm good. Zekrom is 2.5 rn so gonna get it to 3 and leave it as is.

My mega ray is maxed already and by the end of the next fortnight I'll have six MSU spare. Gengar, Blaziken, Garchomp, Rayquaza and Ampharos (I used up all 7 or so on it before the MSU max rose and skill swapped it to Mega Boost). It effectively is maxed to me so I'm happy. I'm also dumb and originally wasted the first two or so on Sableye but oh well. I think I used on Swampert too maybe.

So that leaves Mega Mewtwo (useful, yeah but honestly I use Blaziken on weekend Meowth because I enjoy it. I feel like MM would ruin the fun tbh. Yeah it'd get me more coins but....), Tyranitar (lots of speedups to invest but not sure if it's worth it long run), Shiny Gyarados (same as Gengar so nah) and yeah that's p much all.

Glalie and Latios are super slow and could probs benefit so it might be a waste.

So I might just use them on Mega Zam when it comes (cuz it has risk taker it's probs gonna be good too).

--- White Kyurem Demo. and Team Suggestion ---

White Kyurem
Base Attack : 90
Skill : Eject ++ (Clear 5 Non-Support Pokémon)

The catch rate depends on your Move Left
So don't hesitate to use items :D

Suggestion 1 (which show in Video):
Mega Steelix + Zygarde (50%) + Dragonite +Zygarde (Complete Form)
Use of item(s): AP + MS
Move Left: 10~13
-> Mega Steelix Smashing All Rocks! Zygarde (50%) Clearing Barriers, Dragonite get Dragon-Type Attack Power Combo!

[Zygarde (Complete Form) can be replaced by another High Power SE Pokémon]

Suggestion 2:
Mega Gengar + Zygarde (50%) + Dragonite +Zygarde (Complete Form)
Use of item(s): AP + DD
Move Left: 8~11
-> Gengar has quick Mega Evolve, this strategy save a MS.

Suggestion 3:
Mega Rayquaza + 3 SE Pokémon
Use of item(s): MS + DD
Move Left: 5~8
-> Yeah, if you use AP in this team I am sure you can get 12+ Move left!

Suggestion 4:
Mega Gengar + Zygarde (50%) + Delibird + Vanilluxe
with using AP only
Move Left: 4~7
-> Delibird "Chill"+ Vanilluxe "Freeze" can delay Opponent's turn, works like a DD!

Check out my video demonstation for this stage :D

Good luck all!

Considering is just 4 coins per heart, you could easily use said lives that you're saving for meowth.

Even if they're 4 coins, is not guaranteed the 300 coins reward, since there is the chance that the board is shit and you don't come with a way to aling them before the metal block disruption and some coins get deleted, or even diancie placing 3 of the 4 coins already aligned and only getting 100

tl;dr : Who cares about 4 coins in Diancie EB ? Meowth is still here

Diancie is toying with me. It's been like 3 times already that its gets into anger right as I run out of hearts :(

Fortunately it started getting angry at times I could take advantage of that. I'm 2 levels away from the Diancite I wanted.

EDIT: Which may not be as simple as I expected. The difficulty spike of Level 50 took me by surprise.

Last edited:

PKMN Hunter 18

Remember! Drive Smoothly!
So currently at Stage 260 (Deoxys) on mobile. Gave up on the 3DS version as it isn't as accessible for me.

As for the last safari I encountered Garchomp 3-4 times during its run. Caught it the first time I saw it.

Should be getting the mega-stone for Garchomp as I did a run early on and was #219 so by the time it finished I should in just under 10k or just over (hoping for the former ;-)) EDIT: finished #6396 my highest ever finish. Team was M-Swampert, Manaphy, Milotic, and Suicune.

Saving up my coins for Kyurem-W so I can give it a proper go at catching it. So hard to farm Meowth on mobile. :-( Don't have the time for it either.

Last edited:
So little update :

Arceus is back (yay ! I don't have it but Double normal team is nowhere as good as before)
Daily Pokemon #5 is back (Lord Qwilfish !)
Mega Charizard X competition
Regice : PSB
Xerneas : PSB

Both PSB are meh, so slow week ! Meowth farming + Finish the EB ? (Currently lvl 249)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
I went up to 250 for Diancie EB and stopped. That EB is a hellhole and the last six stages of the EB almost completely negate the worth of a Skill Booster L. Had to spend 20+ hearts trying to beat 249 itemless and eventually gave up and used a jewel when I failed after dealing over 32k damage. What's more is that it had the gall to throw an Anger spell right afterwards. What a joke. It makes other "hard" EB's like Keldeo-R and Zygarde the coin thief look reasonable.

Xerneas at least is a breath of fresh air. Fun stage, an okayish drop rate from the four runs I have had at it at the moment (3 PSB's), and it only needs 70 PSB's to max with a 2 -> 9 -> 30 -> 70 progression. Quirky+ even has good progression rates for the proc rate (+10%, +20%, +40%, +65%) for ultimately 90/100/100 proc rates. Definitely worth going to SL4 at least if you like Quirky+, maybe even SL5. Also the possible RML drops make it worth it if you get one. Aiming to go for SL4 before I grind money for MCX (itemless run for that yielded just over 30k), we will see before we go for SL5 though.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
How to beat Xerneas without dropping loads of coins? Any special Pokemon that work? I mean, is it easier from the new Special Stage or from the Timed Stage? Not that I really have a hope of doing either... The fact it disrupts with itself is really lame... Great for when you have it and can use it against itself, not so fun when you don't. I only have 3 "decent" Pokemon in Nidoking/Bronzong/Klefki for Vs Fairy's.

I'm trying to get to 50 on the EB battles for the Diancie Mega stone too, after that I'll stop. I hope I won't have to use too many items to beat Level 50 (I'm on about 44 atm). Using Megar/Nidoking/Bronzong/Klefki cause those are the best I have... Is Mega Diancie better than Mega Gengar/Mega Glalie/Mega Latios for the Mega Charizard stage?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Mega Diancie is super niche; it removes barriers but does not deal extra damage (why...). The only major use I got out of it was using it with Mega Start to S-Rank Milotic. The other mega evolutions are all better than it.

Do you often use Xerneas or Quirky Pokemon ?

I think I only used Xerneas for Sunday Meowth (before switching back to MMX psychic team).
For Fighting pokemon, there are so many good Psychic type with good abilities
For Dark Types, Fighting types are so powerful with Pummel. And some bugs types are also very good (Heracross)
For Dragon, ok Rayquaza + non Dragon team can do the job so Xerneas could be used, but in EB, you almost always need some BB+/BS+ Pokemon and you need sometimes Lati@s to deal with the team so you can use all dragon types

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)