Seeded ORAS OU Tournament - Finals (Won by Korby)

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the (to the best of my knowledge) first seeded ORAS OU tournament! This will be a tournament featuring...
  • Standard ORAS OU ruleset
  • Single Elimination
  • Best of Three sets
  • 128 entrants maximum, rest will be put up as substitutes

The one quirk of this tournament is that we will seed our entrants using a process similar to the one used in the NU tour.

From SSB Wiki:
Seeding is the act of arranging players in a tournament bracket, usually to equalize both or all sides of the bracket in terms of skill, and so that the best players do not face each other until later rounds. Seeding is used so that players will usually receive placements proportionate to their skill levels.
The #1 seed will be put against the #128 seed, the #2 seed against the #127 seed, and so on. For round 2, assuming that the higher seed won in all Round 1 games, the #1 seed will play against the #64 seed, seed #2 will play vs. seed #63, and so forth.
The bracket is set from the start, so should a player with a lower seed than his opponent win, he'll go on as if he were the higher seed. For example, if the #128 seed wins over the #1 seed in round 1, the #128 seed will then face the winner between seeds #64 and #65.

The tournament itself is using standard the ORAS OU ruleset. All eventual tier changes will take place during the round after the tier change occured.

---

Pairings (and a complete bracket) can be found here:
http://challonge.com/seededoutour

Here's pairings written out too:

FlamingVictini vs Korby

no deadline since i wont enforce it anyway, but save replays etc.

my opponent said "give me two weeks" and came back on the week i went for vacation. must be tough to understand simple things "lol fv is a john"

Why fv does this in all tour that hes in oo
my opponent mistook 5 pm for 5 am and messed up the time we were supposed to play wednesday this week. again, I wanted to play the first week this round went up since the posting of the finals itself took a long time, but my opponent was just like "haha give me two weeks" and came back the week I was on vacation. It would be wonderful if people could actually learn who is in the fault here rather than blaming me because a few of my other matches took a lot of time due to irl circumstances.

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
glad to see our new head td is cool with deadlines ;]
i want to play too, can we create a sub bracket ?

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
i didnt expect it to be this bad tbh. i thought since players had in their own self interest to get a finals game played and it affected nobody else, it'd be played within a reasonable time frame, but i was clearly wrong.
if the game isnt played before the next week is over im subbing in p2 and finch. then im cancelling the finals.

this has been a sad sight on all fronts. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)