The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy, but I don't blame Bellichick, yeesh. Granted it'd be more fun if he told em to fuck off, but yeah. If sports reporters insist on acting like TMZ or some other crap media and continue to persist in rephrasing stupid questions that have been answered like that, they deserve no respect, only derision.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You would think after having a craptastic defense last year the chargers would actually want to sign Joey Bosa. Then again I'm no football expert.
Maintaining your organization's pedigree is way more important than any one player. The chargers are smart to not bend to bosa's will because it would set a bad precedent. Unproven rookies, no matter how high they were drafted or how well they did in college, have no business holding out over money or demanding large contracts in the first place. Bosa is no different and I believe the chargers are doing the right thing standing firm.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
OTAs getting me so hyped.

Ramsey and Fowler both looking incredible, and Jack being groomed to take over for Poz probably sooner than later.

Bortles, Robinson and Thomas all clicking.

fuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Looks promising in Jacksonville.

Kinda can't help but be salty that we could have traded up for Ramsey but didn't, could have gotten Jack but didn't, and now ive heard very little about Stanley in camp. At least Correa is looking like a monster though, our FO sure knows how to pick talent in the front 7.

Looks promising in Jacksonville.

Kinda can't help but be salty that we could have traded up for Ramsey but didn't, could have gotten Jack but didn't, and now ive heard very little about Stanley in camp. At least Correa is looking like a monster though, our FO sure knows how to pick talent in the front 7.
i'd be salty af tbh.

a Ravens fan friend of mine is still bitter about Jack.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Who was the opening speech at the hof? I heard it was Harvin Marrison. I guess he had to head out early but it ain't none of our business what he needed to go do.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
in 11 years as a Cowboy, mah boi L.P. Ladoceur hasn't missed a game and has naught a missnap

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Corollary: The Chargers are cheapskate scumbags who refuse to give their 3rd overall pick a contract structured the same as every other recent third round pick
literally they offered him a contract bigger than Jared Goff and he won't take it. selfish prick.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
literally they offered him a contract bigger than Jared Goff and he won't take it. selfish prick.
Do your research. Each of the top picks from the last x number of drafts chooses between higher initial money or a removal of offset language. Goff took the offset language, Wentz took the money. Each received the compensation in alignment with comparable picks from recent drafts.

Bosa's camp has asked for either the extra money or the offset language, the same as all other recent first round picks. Chargers have refused to offer him either.

I guess I should be pleased Bosa didn't fall to the Niners? A coworker of mine was hyping him up as a choice if he slid, even though we knew he wouldn't likely fall out of the top 5.

But yeah, even more than that Chargers are still douches, the spirit of stinginess AJ Smith encouraged still lives on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)