CAP 22 CAP 22 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Final Submission

Wamow

A simple combination of the cartoony onomatopoeia "Wham!", usually used for fighting strikes and hits, and "Pillow", Also sounding like "Wham-O!"

Pronounced: Wam-oh
IPA: hwæmoʊ

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Final Submission

Slumbrawl

A combination of "Slumber" + "Brawl".

Pronounced: "SLUM-brawl"
IPA: slʌmbrɔːl

FellFromtheSky

and started walking.
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Clashmere

A portmanteau of the words 'Clash,' as in a confrontation, and 'Cashmere,' a wool noted for its superior comfort (and often used for luxury pillows).

Pronounced: "Clash-Mere"
IPA: klæʃ mɪər

The two words that make up this portmanteau are meant to convey typing and design all in one word. Clash is a reference to its fighting typing, while cashmere, a luxury item, is reference to its fairy typing and its design (as cashmere is often used for luxury pillows). I thought it would be cute if the pillow creature was made of a luxury fabric. Many other fairy types also have designs that also play on this luxury item idea, for example, Diancie and Carbink are at least partially based on jewelry, Florges tends royal gardens, and Spritzee and Aromatisse are perfume.

Not Slated-Final Submission

Hakimakura

Haki (Ambition) + Dakimakura (Hugging Pillow)

Pronounced: "HAH-kee-MAH-koo-rah"

It's a human-sized pillow that eminates raw mana on par with Lucario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Pillowtok

Pillow + a corruption of talk, with KO spelled backwards. "Pillow Talk" is considered inappropriate in the wrong setting, like Parting Shot's taunts.

Pronounced: Pill-LOW-Tock
IPA: ˈpɪl oʊ tɔk

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Pariette

The "ette" in the name meaning "small" and the "pari" for a nice roll off the tongue.

Pronounced: Par-ee-et

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Disqualified-Final Submission

Scufflefluf

Scurry (119 Base Speed, cute) + Scuffle (Fighting-type, cute) + Fluff (CAP22's design, soft)

Prounounced: SCUF-fle-fluff

"Scurry" references CAP22's high speed, "Scuffle" is a reference to its Fighting-type and adorable Fairy-type nature, and "Fluff" is a reference to its design and its Fairy-type.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Fistifluff

A combination of "Fisticuffs" + "Fluff". The design is fluffy and its fists are a prominent feature.

Pronounced: "FIST-i-fluff"
IPA: /ˈfistiˌfləf/

Snoozonk

From snooze (to sleep, because pillow), and zonk (an onomonopia for hitting something).

Pronounced: Snoo-ZONK
IPA: snuːzɔːnk

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Final Submission

Pushicushi

A combination of pushy and cushy/cushion, capturing the fighting spirit of this otherwise soft-looking Pokemon.

Pronounced: PUH-she-KUH-she
IPA: pʊ.ʃi.kʊ.ʃi

Final Submission

Pillowcass

Portmanteau of the words 'pillowcase' and 'Cassius' (As in 'Cassius Clay', a.k.a. Muhammad Ali.)

Pronounced: Pill-oh-KASS

This CAP is essentially a personification of pillow fighting, much like Hitmonchan is a personification of boxing and Hitmonlee is a personification of taekwondo. I felt a similar name was in order.

New WIP

Tuffle

Tough + Puff + Scuffle/Tussle

Retooled it to make it make more sense to Western players. Not sure if this name was already taken.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Final Submission

Scufflepuff

A combination of "Scuffle" + "Puff"

Pronounced: "skah-ful-puff"
IPA: skʌfəlpʌf

Scuffle sounds like a good word to imply Play Rough since I imagine it doing just that with its playful appearance. Puff is of course, to describe its soft, puffy pillow body. And by coincidence, it sounds like a certain house in a certain magic-themed novel/movie series

Billowbox

Combination of Back (as in Parting Shot), Pillow, and Box (as in fighting).
Pronounced: Bill-ow-box

Final Submission

Kerfluffle

A combination of kerfuffle+fluff

Pronounced: ker-fluffle (fluffle like bustle)

The combination of the two words is pretty self explanatory but I made a conscious effort to do the same thing gamefreak does and come up with a name that's enjoyable to say (kinda makes you wanna grin when you say it) like Klefki, Wigglytuff, Lickilicky and Likewise Kerfluffle!

Final Submission

Pillitoe

A combination of pillow+lit (the french word for bed)+toe-to-toe

Pronounced: pil-lee-toe
IPA: ˈpɪlitoʊ

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

Wollipillow

A palindromic portmanteau of "wallop" (to hit something) and "pillow".

Pronounced: WAH-luh-pih-loh
IPA: wɑləpɪloʊ

WIP

Dakitai

Based on the Japanese words "Dakimakura" which is the anime body pillow the design is based off of, and "Tatakai" which literally translates to "Fight" and sticks to the original Japanese theme. I changed it to this in hopes that it would roll off the tongue better, but I have no idea if it benifitted it for better or for worse. Input is very welcome! pls help

Pronounced: Dah-key-tie
IPA: dɑkitaɪ

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Final Submission

Napsack

A combination of "Nap" (to sleep) and "Sack" (many meanings including bed, hitting someone, and a bag).

Pronounced: NAP-sack
IPA: næpsæk

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Yooslooze

Contraction/corruption of "you snooze, you lose".

Pronounced: "yoo-SLOOZ"
IPA: jusluz

Sill-ow

A combination of "Silly" and "Pillow". The "Ow" part represents its combative nature and the hurt you're going to receive if you dare to call it silly.

Pronounced: Sill-OW

WIP

Gillow

Gee-Lo

Gi (karate uniform) + pillow

This one is quite simply inspired by the art, as it is essentially a Gi wearing pillow. Before I make my final submission though, I'd like some feedback from the community, as in quite unsure on which to pick, as my previous two entries seem a bit too complex, and this seems like no one would pronounce it correctly.

akaFila

butterscotch love
Final Submission

Broozer

Play on the combination of "Bruiser" and "Snooze". Each representing its typing and design respectively.

Pronounced: Brooz-er

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)