MLB 2016

Jesus Montero hit .328 with 4 HR in 18 games in his cup of coffee with the Yankees. Then he went on to be a steroid using nut case.
He never had the pedigree Sanchez has.

Saying of Montero, he's slashed .317/.341/.444 so far in AAA. Maybe the Jays can squeeze last thing out of him- I mean look what they did with Joey Bats. Though my hope is dwindling.

He never had the pedigree Sanchez has.

Saying of Montero, he's slashed .317/.341/.444 so far in AAA. Maybe the Jays can squeeze last thing out of him- I mean look what they did with Joey Bats. Though my hope is dwindling.
Montero was the 4th best prospect in baseball at the start of 2010.

Can't find the most recent prospect ranking for Sanchez, but he was #36 overall heading into this year.

Still, though, everybody is literally overreacting to a few games. Wait until the league adjusts. (Prolly won't be this season tho)

Catherine Walker

Banned deucer.
I also want to kind of see what you guys are keeping before finalizing mine. Obviously, if everyone is keeping their Second Baseman and there is no one of value in the player pool, I might think about keeping DJ LeMahiu.

Can't find the most recent prospect ranking for Sanchez, but he was #36 overall heading into this year.

Still, though, everybody is literally overreacting to a few games. Wait until the league adjusts. (Prolly won't be this season tho)
I started following baseball in the middle of 2010, that's probably why I didn't remember that.

I agree with you about Sanchez. Look at Story, when everyone adjusted to him, he slowed down.

You're right. The team with the best record, the team with the best hitter, and the team with the world series trophy are all trash. Every division is pretty equally shit except maybe the AL East.
And the only reason Cleveland is winning the division is because the Tigers are limping in every game due to the injuries and the joke of a so called "Defending World Champions". The division is the worst. like the NFC East in the NFL

And the only reason Cleveland is winning the division is because the Tigers are limping in every game due to the injuries and the joke of a so called "Defending World Champions". The division is the worst. like the NFC East in the NFL
So, you can check splits of how every team does verses a specific division pretty easily by going to the standings page on mlb.com and navigating to the second page of statistics. While it only shows interleague divisional records, I can use this pretty well to determine how good each division is.

The AL East is currently 79-70 against the AL Central and 77-71 against the AL West. Additionally, they are 53-37 against the NL this year with the NL West being the division they're matched up against. This brings them to having a 209-178 record, or a .540 winning percentage outside their division.

The AL Central is 70-79 verses the AL East, 71-72 verses the AL West, and 48-40 verses the NL being matched up verses the NL East. Total record is 189-191 and a .497 winning percentage.

The AL West is 71-77 verses the AL East, 72-71 verses the AL Central, and 45-43 verses the NL being matched up mostly with the NL Central. 188-191 winning percentage outside of division and a .496 winning percentage. Which is barely worse than the AL Central.

The NL East is 77-77 verses the NL Central, 66-78 verses the NL West, and 41-46 verses the AL for a total record of 184-201 and a .478 winning percentage.

The NL Central is 77-77 verses the East, 80-65 verses the NL West, and 44-44 verses the AL for a total of 201-186 and a .519 winning percentage.

The NL West is 78-66 verses the East, 65-80 verses the Central, and 35-56 verses the AL for a total of 176-202 and a .466 winning percentage.

In order of winning percentage against teams outside their own division so far, it goes...

1. AL East (.540)
2. NL Central (.519)
3. AL Central (.497)
4. AL West (.496)
5. NL East (.478)
6. NL West (.466)

If you look at AL verses NL, it turns out to be a 146-120 lead for the American league with a .549 winning percentage verses the National League.

So, you can check splits of how every team does verses a specific division pretty easily by going to the standings page on mlb.com and navigating to the second page of statistics. While it only shows interleague divisional records, I can use this pretty well to determine how good each division is.

The AL East is currently 79-70 against the AL Central and 77-71 against the AL West. Additionally, they are 53-37 against the NL this year with the NL West being the division they're matched up against. This brings them to having a 209-178 record, or a .540 winning percentage outside their division.

The AL Central is 70-79 verses the AL East, 71-72 verses the AL West, and 48-40 verses the NL being matched up verses the NL East. Total record is 189-191 and a .497 winning percentage.

The AL West is 71-77 verses the AL East, 72-71 verses the AL Central, and 45-43 verses the NL being matched up mostly with the NL Central. 188-191 winning percentage outside of division and a .496 winning percentage. Which is barely worse than the AL Central.

The NL East is 77-77 verses the NL Central, 66-78 verses the NL West, and 41-46 verses the AL for a total record of 184-201 and a .478 winning percentage.

The NL Central is 77-77 verses the East, 80-65 verses the NL West, and 44-44 verses the AL for a total of 201-186 and a .519 winning percentage.

The NL West is 78-66 verses the East, 65-80 verses the Central, and 35-56 verses the AL for a total of 176-202 and a .466 winning percentage.

In order of winning percentage against teams outside their own division so far, it goes...

1. AL East (.540)
2. NL Central (.519)
3. AL Central (.497)
4. AL West (.496)
5. NL East (.478)
6. NL West (.466)

If you look at AL verses NL, it turns out to be a 146-120 lead for the American league with a .549 winning percentage verses the National League.

TL:DR. AL Central is the worst in Baseball. end of story.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Yeah I think the league will adjust, but its not an overreaction when 4 players in the history of professional baseball have had this quick a start to their major league careers. Think about that for a second.

I mean what he's doing is obviously fantastic and nothing should be taken away from the kid. While he wasn't a "top" prospect per se, that had nothing to do with his bat, just that he profiles more as a DH than catcher at this point in his career.

I mean what he's doing is obviously fantastic and nothing should be taken away from the kid. While he wasn't a "top" prospect per se, that had nothing to do with his bat, just that he profiles more as a DH than catcher at this point in his career.
His defense and game calling has always been his down side and why he was never higher in the rankings. He always profiled as a strong bat. I can see him moving around between C, 1B, and DH next year. The Yankees don't really have many options at those positions, but they're the Yankees and any trade or Free Agency signing will solve anything.

I haven't watched the Yankees near enough to know if his defense is major league quality, but I dunno. If he can give decent offensive performances from the catching spot, it'll make a world of difference.

Him alone isn't fixing the huge problems in the Yankee offense either...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
His defense and game calling has always been his down side and why he was never higher in the rankings. He always profiled as a strong bat. I can see him moving around between C, 1B, and DH next year. The Yankees don't really have many options at those positions, but they're the Yankees and any trade or Free Agency signing will solve anything.

I haven't watched the Yankees near enough to know if his defense is major league quality, but I dunno. If he can give decent offensive performances from the catching spot, it'll make a world of difference.

Him alone isn't fixing the huge problems in the Yankee offense either...
His defense has actually been spectacular since being called up. Plus he just hit another homer lol. This is so entertaining to watch

Just when I had hope for the Reds' 2017 season, they lose 11-2 to the Diamondbacks. Please kill me.
The Reds have a bright future, but 2017 is a little ambitious. They have a slew of pitching prospects, featuring Robert Stephenson, Amir Garrett, Keury Mella, and Rookie Davis, to complement preexisting pitchers Anthony DeSclafini, Rasiel Iglesias, and Brandon Finnegan.

Don't forget about the hitting prospects. They have Jesse Winker, Tyler Stephenson, and the not-technically-but-still-a-prospect Jose Peraza, along with this year's #2 overall pick Nick Senzel. They also currently have Adam Duval, who's been promising.

Things are looking up in Cincinnati.

The last time things looked up for Cincinnati, they got swept at home in the playoffs and descended into one of the worst teams in baseball.
Reminds me of my home team :P

I mean at least they have a better future than...Arizona.

With the Red Sox playing the Padres, I get to listen to my favorite sports announcer, Don Orsillo, call Red Sox games again. He was the voice of my favorite team for pretty much my entire life, and it was an absolute pleasure getting to spend 162 games every year listening to his play calling. After having his contract fail to be renewed last year for no real reason at all despite high acclaim and high ratings, and after being kicked out of the door rudely by Red Sox tv management... I've been looking forward to this day for while.

It doesn't feel the same as it did, but it still makes me a bit more emotional than I care to admit.

Welcome back to Red Sox games Donny O. Know that Sox Nation watching.

Edit: http://www.barstoolsports.com/bosto...-honored-david-ortiz-before-the-game-tonight/

Last edited:

A HanRam walkoff flick johnson to give Betances 5 earnies in the 9th to bring on the dirty water is one of those signs of a special season.

It's becoming harder and harder for me not to see a Red Sox vs Cubs World Series matchup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)