Pokémon GO

I only got rid of the sub 50% using it, its better then just having a load of stuff you can't check, and 80% doesn't fall into the top tier either.

sorry if i come across as a braggart, but this just happened to me and i was so hyped that i felt like documenting the whole thing :D i'd just come back from my holiday in sicily, and being on the coast most of the time, i finally managed to snag a couple of dratinis and even a low cp dragonair, which in total gave me around 20 dratini candy or so. i'd never seen a single dratini in the town where i live, so i was mighty chuffed about this. the day after i got back i was on the bus, and this group of kids behind me start squealing that a dragonite had appeared on their radar! stunned, i opened my app and confirmed it, then one of the kids said they had a third party radar so they could track the thing down. i asked them if i could tag along, so we got off at the next stop and belted in the diection we had come from. the kid said that the dragonite had like 2 minutes left until it despawned (i really need to get myself one of these radar maps hahaha) and so the lot of us ran for about a minute or so til we got to the crossing where the app said it was. i think the rest of my story is best expressed with screenshots though ;)

immediately appraised it and it gave me the message that both stamina and attack IVs were at 15, and then later with a calc i found that defense was 10. never been more joyful when playing this game (previous best moment was hatching a 15/15/15 squirtle, but this trumps that by far), so i decided i immediately had to power this bad boy up, and it's now the strongest on my team, with a 300 CP lead over my second best, a vaporeon :)

Last edited:
Dragonites CP is vastly superior to everything in the game.
its
Dragonite
Snorlax
Gyarados
Vaporeon
Lapras
everything else.
decent fire type Arcanine
decent electric Electabuzz
decent bug Venomoth (seen a few in gyms, CP seems decent)

did catch a CP 1264 Golduck, IV's are terrible though..
601 Starmie with Water gun and Hydropump with 75% was another catch today (missed a 1081 though)

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Caught a perfect 15/15/15 snorlax with a stampede of pokemon go players at central park today! =)

Among the other goodies I caught today were a Muk, Venusaur, Jolteon, Primeape, and Tentacruel, all at around 1300 CP with Venu being at a nice 1600. Almost at 130/150 caught, but I'm saving up some of my mons like Omanyte and Vulpix to evolve later since they dont have good IVs.

so everyone got the same IV's as well.
and I have just thought of something.. why am I bothering with Golduck, its stab moves mean it is either.
a crap Vaporeon or a Hypno (not a crap one, CP is about the same)

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Dumb question is dumb, but how bad is Water Pulse on Vaporeon? I caught a 15/15/15 Eevee yesterday afternoon during my lunch break, but the dumb thing got Water Pulse when it evolved...

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Dumber question is dumber, but how do you access the team leaders who tell you about your Pokémon's IVs?

Also, Jolteon doesn't lose to Vaporeon anymore.

1 0 0 B P T H U N D E R

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
so everyone got the same IV's as well.
and I have just thought of something.. why am I bothering with Golduck, its stab moves mean it is either.
a crap Vaporeon or a Hypno (not a crap one, CP is about the same)
Golduck has a higher Atk than Vaporeon, thus being the best water type if you talk about pure DPS. In other terms, It's not a bad Vaporeon to take on a gym, but it becomes a bad Vaporeon to defend it.

Dumb question is dumb, but how bad is Water Pulse on Vaporeon? I caught a 15/15/15 Eevee yesterday afternoon during my lunch break, but the dumb thing got Water Pulse when it evolved...
In term of pure DPS, you're better off spamming water gun and never using water pulse. That's how bad it is as an offensive Pokémon. But as a defensive one, it's actually far from bad. The IA does not spam moves like we do, making DPS less important than Energy Cost (in some degree). Water Pulse becomes a good option if you want to leave it in a gym (although I didn't make the calc, so it may still be outclassed by hpump)

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Dumber question is dumber, but how do you access the team leaders who tell you about your Pokémon's IVs?
On the image you linked, click the button where you usually find Favourites or Transfer and there should be another button there should say "Appraise". You'll have to go look up what the leaders say about stuff which regards to IVs. Each leader says different things.

My Electabuzz was "The tiniest we've ever had on record" or something....

Dumber question is dumber, but how do you access the team leaders who tell you about your Pokémon's IVs
On the image you linked, click the button where you usually find Favourites or Transfer and there should be another button there should say "Appraise". You'll have to go look up what the leaders say about stuff which regards to IVs. Each leader says different things.
You need to manually update first though

fix when? Wish those eggs would update a bit more realtime.

View attachment 68047
You can click on the distance, you may find that its. 4.9? Etc as on that screen it rounds up/down but you can see more specifically what its set upon

You can click on the distance, you may find that its. 4.9? Etc as on that screen it rounds up/down but you can see more specifically what its set upon
You're supposed too see the distance up to two decimals in the screen I posted. You're confusing it with the screen on the left

And no, it wasn't at 4.9/5 (as you could see). It was at 5/5.

I've walked 2km, the egg says 2.0/2.0km and nothing happened. I walked another hundred or so metres, looked at my eggs and it wasn't there anymore. I changed the view to recent and there was a Pikachu at the top of the list I had not encountered. I guess sometimes an egg will hatch without the actual egg hatching animation happening.

I've walked 2km, the egg says 2.0/2.0km and nothing happened. I walked another hundred or so metres, looked at my eggs and it wasn't there anymore. I changed the view to recent and there was a Pikachu at the top of the list I had not encountered. I guess sometimes an egg will hatch without the actual egg hatching animation happening.
That's pretty annoying as well. What hate the most it that it's just so inaccurate. I sometimes go for 5 km walks (not faster than 15km/h) with the app open all the time, and barely 4km adds.

That's pretty annoying as well. What hate the most it that it's just so inaccurate. I sometimes go for 5 km walks (not faster than 15km/h) with the app open all the time, and barely 4km adds.
I read that they slowed down how often the game connects to the servers so it becomes dificult to play at driving speeds but havent found the balance as clearly theres buggy game play for walkers also, my avatar runs all over the place and even when walking slow i still have to confirm that im not driving as she jumps all over the place :(

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you walk in a straight line or zigzag around on side streets? Due to the timing on when it updates, it's going to cut off a lot of corners if you turn a lot. The game computes your distance traveled based solely on how far your GPS position has moved between updates, and it will only count that distance if the speed at which you would need to travel to reach that point in that amount of time is less than the game's max threshold.

tl;dr walk in a straight line if you want the game to compute all of your distance. Or stop and wait for your distance to update before every turn you make.

got in house with egg at 1.93 and saw it click over from 1.7 as well, few minutes later it hatches
and then it hatched into a caterpie... at least its good enough to be my Butterfree

that Jolteon is still going to get its arse kicked by Vaporeon.. thunder nor not :P
and some nitwit put a 800 odd cp lapras in a gym.. making it near impossible to level the gym up because Lapras is stupidly bulky, and even Electabuzz at 1121 cant kill it.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Does anyone feel like spawn rates were changed recently? Until yesterday, I hadn't even seen a Mr. Mime. As of now, I've seen 5 (and caught 2 of those). I'm going to exactly the same places as I have been since the game's been released.

Does anyone feel like spawn rates were changed recently? Until yesterday, I hadn't even seen a Mr. Mime. As of now, I've seen 5 (and caught 2 of those). I'm going to exactly the same places as I have been since the game's been released.
I caught my first (and only) mr mime the other day and hes been "sighted" most days since then.
Also...
rps20160826_230255.jpg

I gatecrashed some sort of pokemon party! Lol ..Cant belive jynx is a 10k egg, shes almost common where i am

they have moved spawns around when they released the update, the Magikarp nest i found now spawns Goldeen (yea.. great.... I already see more of those then Magikarp)
Jynx, Hypno and zubat, all you need is a rattata and a pidgey and you got hard to catch common pokemon hell.
we also need to distinguish between nests and habitats, on thursday I went to a large park, and Geodudes spawned, mostly geodudes, and just in random spots, not linked to any pokestops.
rates haven't changed for me, although I have seen a couple of zubat+drowzee same spot spawn, if anything today was a quieter spawn day.
I still havn't seen Mr Mime.. I have had Snorlax on nearby list twice ever, and never a Mr Mime.
I think what Niantic need to do is sort out pokestops, I am level 21, when you have 42 pokeballs and 3 greatballs, and 1 ultraball the distribution is poor, especially when it is always 150+ pidgey and rattata 400+ drowzee 400+ psyducks 200+ staryus, 400+ slowpokes etc, those are all orange circles.
needed 1 venonat candy... find a venonat.. one ball and it runs I have THREE 82+% IVed venonats to evolve.
the spawns are supposed to have shifted upwards 1 pokedex entry, such a shame the spawns I use haven't because those staryus would be mr mimes

Caught a perfect 15/15/15 snorlax with a stampede of pokemon go players at central park today! =)

Among the other goodies I caught today were a Muk, Venusaur, Jolteon, Primeape, and Tentacruel, all at around 1300 CP with Venu being at a nice 1600. Almost at 130/150 caught, but I'm saving up some of my mons like Omanyte and Vulpix to evolve later since they dont have good IVs.
plz provide moveset so i know if i should be extremely jealous or just very jealous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)