ORAS OU BALANCED OU TEAM

Hello everone! Here is my new OU team I tested a few times and it works pretty, although it needs some improvements.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave

The Pokémon I use as an anti-lead if I predict an Entry Hazard set from the oppoment. I am unsure about the EV spread; but I know that speed needs to be maxed to set up Taunt and Will-O-Wisp as fast as possible. Max special attack make Hex, powered by Will-O-Wisp and Sludge Wave for Fairies as fast as possible. Black Sludge for passive recovery. With a good prediction, it can make a 6 v.s. 4 or 5 at the beginning.

Mega-Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 236 HP / 72 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

My Defogger and first part of a defensive VoltTurn core. I took him because I knew my Thundurus and my Talonflame need a way to remove Stealth Rock to be played proprely. EV's and nature to make it bulky physically and specially. Roost for healing and Bullet Punch, powered by Technician, gives it a decent way to finish weakened 'mons.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

The second part of my VoltTurn core. EV's and nature make it able to take hits from mostly physical attackers, with the 108 EV's in special defense to avoid being taken by special attackers easily. Will-O-Wisp to wall physical attackers and deal some passive damage. Volt Switch is part of the core. Pain Split and Leftovers are another way for Rotom-Wash to heal. The first third of the FWG core.

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up
- Roost

The second third of my FWG is a Talonflame. It is my favorite moveset from this Pokémon. I use it over Heatran to handle M-Charizard Y, which is a powerful wallbreaker that may destroy my team otherwise. Acrobatics is almost as powerful as Brave Bird without item and Talonflame takes no recoil. EV's and nature maxed on HP and special defense to deal with special attackers. To deal with physical attacks, I use Will-O-Wisp to cripple them and Bulk Up to boost and potentially sweep with a priority Acrobatics. Finally, Roost is used for recovery and remove its Flying-type for one turn and avoids to be easily taken down by Electric and Rock moves, especially if it boosted before.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Serperior is a good Pokémon that completes my FWG core. EV's and nature to max speed and have as much power as possible. Leaf Storm is a powerful move that give it a Nasty Plot every time thanks to Contrary. It handles Water types that most of my 'mons have problems with. Dragon Pulse to handle Dragons and HP Fire to deal with Steels and bulky Grass Pokémons that may wall it otherwise. Finally, Giga Drain can also be used to heal, along with Leftovers.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thundurus is a good wallbreaker. It mostly handles Water and Flying types the rest of the team cannot deal with. EV's and nature makes it powerful both physically and specially. Because it cannot use Prankster, I gave it Defiant, which can boost its attack of it gets intimidated. Life Orb increases its damage output, Thunderbolt is a powerful STAB, Knock Off deals with Psychic and Ghosts, and along with Superpower, it helps getting rid of Chansey, which may easily wall my team otherwise. Superpower is also a powerful and accurate move that helps the team handle Steels, or even Rocks. Finally, HP Ice is used to deal with Dragons, like Dragonite and Garchomp; or Grounds like Hippowdon, Landorus-Therian or Gliscor.

EDIT: I will post replay of me playing the team:

- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-424504477 (Talonflame finishes by sweeping)

IMPORTABLE FORMAT:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 236 HP / 72 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Thank you for giving me advice to improve my team!​

Last edited:
i feel like standard sharp beak talon would be better than bulky, because your team has a lot of offensive pressure, why not add more? I feel like bulk up talon has no business on your team. I also recommend going fully defensive on rotom, cause scizor is really sp def bulky and can take a few hits. Other than that, pretty solid team.

Honestly I really prefer Talonflame with Bulk Up, it deals with most physical spammers my team hates. When set up, even Rock types do nothing to it. And I hate Brave Bird. Just see the replay I showed. And Rotom-Wash's EV spread 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD cannot be more defensive. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)