ORAS OU Ultimate Destruction: 2K RMT

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

S/O to daddy's kisses for making this sick banner
Hey there guys, littlelucario here and I'm back again for another one of my RMTs and this time I'm celebrating my 2000th post on smogon university. I've been a decently active user on the RMT forum and I'm a constant presence in the RMT room, so it's only logical that I post an RMT here celebrating 2000 posts. I've come a quite a long way since my first RMT, and even my 1K RMT reflecting back on my experiences here on smogon, and I just have to say that I've had an amazing time on smogon so far and I hope that you guys enjoy this RMT. I really appreciate everything smogon and PS have done for me, my friends on both helping me through some really tough times and helped me grow as a person. With that little introduction out of the way, onto the actual team!

I started off this build by building around the potent offensive core of Zardx+Manaphy, they have amazing offensive synnergy by breaking down each other's checks and counters perfectly and really threatening a lot of cookie-cutter builds in the current metagame.

After adding the initial two Pokemon, I needed some method of hazard control and the initial core gets obliterated by Keldeo, so Latios was a natural fit with the core given its ability to break down tanks and walls with very strong Draco Meteors. I decided to choose Latios over Latias because I wanted this build to be a bit more offensive than a Latias build may have lead to.

At this point, the team had no fairy resist, so I added Jirachi to check fairy types as well as give Zardx/Manaphy a second chance to sweep with healing wish. In addition to checking fairies, Jirachi also checks critical anti-offense mons with a Choice Scarf equipped like Mega Alakazam and Mega Lopunny that the team would otherwise keel over to.

At this point, the team really struggled with sand as well as opposing Zardx at +1, so I added defensive Lando-T to take on these threats as well as providing rocks in combination with pivoting to give the team offensive momentum in Lando-T as well as it providing a really solid blanket check to threatening physical attackers that I could fall back on.

At this point, overload cores were a huge issue to the team and I needed stallbreaking for the squad, so I ended up adding Gliscor to the team to compliment Lando as well as providing a solid fallback for the team just in case lando got weakened.

After using the team for a while, Gliscor seemed really redundant with Lando-T and overload cores weren't as much of an issue for Lando to handle as I initially thought, so I looked for a replacement for it. I still didn't want to rely on Lando-T as my only check to sand, and I had an issue switching into Azumarill, so I decided to add Tangrowth as the next team member.

As the team currently stood, I got absolutely boned by Weavile, and Lando-T could get overwhelmed by birdspam pretty easily since it doesn't resist flying lol, so I added in Rhyperior over Lando-T because it helped with these threats while still checking Zardx for the team

Team At a Glance

The Team In-Depth

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Mega Charizard X plays a pivotal role on the team, being one of the two main setup sweepers that compose the team, and it the team's main win condition against several different offensive teams. Mega Charizard X has a frightening amount of power at +1, being able to OHKO several top-tier OU Pokemon from Scarf Lando-T to Mega Diancie with the extreme power of Tough Claws-boosted Flare Blitz in tandem with the set's amazing type coverage. Aside from being one of the team's two main win conditions, Zard is supposed to break down Grass and Electric types for Manaphy so that it can potentially sweep vs fatter builds as well as being an emergency check to Bisharp/Weavile if they manage to muscle their way past the defensive core of Rhyperior/Tangrowth. Dragon Dance is here as a setup move to let Zardx tear through teams if it can get the boost off for relatively free, Flare Blitz and Dragon Claw are just strong physical STAB attacks that have excellent neutral coverage in general and will be your main moves used when sweeping, and Earthquake is there to deal with common Zardx checks like Heatran, Mega Diancie, and Tyranitar. Aside from that, the EV spread is standard. Generally, you should avoid bringing in Zardx until late game unless a certain situation arises that requires Charizard's assistance such as an out of control Serperior. Aside from that, DD on mons that you threaten like Celebi, Serperior, Jirachi, etc. and only set up if you believe that you will be able to take out several Pokemon.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rain Dance

Manaphy is the second member of the primary core of the team and is this team's main answer to bulkier builds, most notably stall. Manaphy is a terrifying boosting sweeper for a myriad of bulky builds to face and can absolutely rip through unprepared teams with ease. For example, you can literally rd turn one vs msab and set up TGs on Chansey and proceed to blast Amoong out of the water with Scald. Aside from being the team's main answer to stall, Manaphy also breaks down bulky Ground, Rock, and Water types for Zardx, and while it may seem wierd that this set is supposed to break bulky waters, standard Slowbro actually gets straight up OHKO'd by +6 scald in the rain and gets super pressured by Scald burns to a point where it is no longer at a healthy range of HP to check Zardx and can really open up the door for a Zardx sweep. RD+TG+Scald means that Mana can bust through Chansey and the rest of stall with it while Psychic hits fat grasses found on stall builds as well as Keldeo in one moveslot, which is really important. Early game, Manaphy frankly should only be used to fire off scalds and chip away at the opposing team unless it's just one of those games where it sweeps from team preview. Aside from the standard moveset, the EVs are standard and 0 Atk IVs are there to reduce foul play damage as well as confusion as is standard on all special attackers.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Latios is primarily here for its ability to defog away entry hazards for Mega Charizard X, but it certainly has many uses past that. In addition to being able to defog away hazards, Latios checks a critical threat in Keldeo that can tear apart the central core of the team and stop it from tearing through the team. Additionally, Latios can soften up walls for its teammate through the use of Life Orb boosted Draco Meteor since it is one of the strongest attacks in OU and can do a ton of damage to anything that doesn't resist it and can even take a good 30-40% off of resists, and that damage can be critical late game when trying to pull off a sweep. Additionally, Latios can pressure Chansey for Manaphy with Psyshock because the fact that Chansey takes 35-40% from Psyshock means that it is pressured to use up healing in order to reliably check Latios and by extension is running out of healing that could be used in order to combat Manaphy. Generally, you wan't to try to save Latios to pivot into significant threats like Keldeo, but you can pivot it into other mons if your win condition needs to stay healthy in order to win. However, when you're vs Keldeo+TTar, make sure to never keep Lati in vs Keld for more than one turn and double out to something that threatens Tyranitar when you can, but beware that Keldeo+Pursuit Trapper matchups are by far the hardest for this team to deal with. Draco Meteor is overall a really strong STAB move that is the most spammable of this set and will be used to dent things, and Psyshock is mainly there to not only hit fairies that come into Draco, but also to pressure Chansey to use up a bunch of softboiled pp. Roost lets you stay healthy vs Keldeo and Defog is there in the last slot to clear away hazards for Zardx. Aside from that, the EV spread is standard and the IVs are to reduce foul play/confusion damage as well as letting Latios being able to get off an extra Life Orb hit before going down, which by extension means it takes 11 LO rounds to go down.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Jirachi is a really solid glue mon on this team that helps with a myriad of threats from Mega Alakazam to Mega Gardevoir to Mega Lopunny. With a Choice Scarf equipped, Jirachi becomes a very solid revenge killer, being able to pull games that you have no business winning out of its ass as well as having a phenomenal defensive typing in steel that allows it to tank Draco Meteors from Latios as well as Pixilate Hyper Voices from Mega Gardevoir. Aside from being a revenge killer, Jirachi has a ton of defensive utility, being a check to faries, dragons, serp, and quite a few other things just by virtue of its typing and bulk. In addition to all of these very useful roles, Jirachi offers a huge utility in healing wish because it gives my setup sweepers a second chance to sweep after they have already been fatally crippled or weakened. This is especially good vs the types of offensive builds that rely on TWave Rotom-Wash+a revenge killer as their Zardx check and can really open up a door of possibilities of winning. When using Jirachi, usually spam U-turn to gain momentum and pivot around unless your opponent has something like tankchomp or RH Lando-T to punish physical attackers as they will be able to do a ton of damage to you just by switching in a couple times. In situations vs important threats like offensive Mega Gardevoir and Serperior, it is optimal to Iron Head just to badly cripple or remove the threat entirely, but you have to be know the difference of when it's a legitimately good play to iron head or when you have better options and are just trying to hax something. Aside from those two, the filler move is mainly situational and should only be used against the appropriate threats. Healing Wish is the last move on the set and should only be used late game when you need something to get healed up in order to win the game.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Next on the team is Tangrowth, who is an invaluable check to physical attackers that really holds the team together and stops it from losing against a myriad of threats. Tangrowth is my main check to a lot of physical attackers that take a dump on the rest of the team, primarily Excadrill, Azumarill, and Breloom. In addition to being such a great check to so many physical attackers, Tangrowth has the amazing utility of spreading sleep with Sleep Powder, disabling an opposing Pokemon and forcing your opponent to play with that Pokemon a lot more carefully. In addition to being able to spread sleep, Tangrowth has the great utility of being able to Knock Off items like Leftovers from Heatran, Life Orb from Latios (and do a ton of damage to boot), Leftovers from Clefable, Eviolite from Chansey, and many others, crippling said Pokemon and making them quite a bit easier for the rest of the team to handle. The given EV spread allows Tang to avoid the OHKO from Starmie's Ice beam while dumping the rest of the EVs into physical bulk and runs a relaxed nature so that knock off will do as much damage as it can vs Psychic types. Hidden Power Fire is here so that Tang has a move to hit both Bisharp and Breloom without worrying about them setting up vs you, which is critical as this team relies on Tangrowth to check them. Feel free to pivot in Tangrowth to pretty much any physical attacker that doesn't have a matchup advantage vs it as regen really helps keep Tangrowth healthy and you can preserve the HP on some of your other Pokemon that lack passive recovery.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Lastly but certainly not least is Rhyperior, the Rock-type tank and the Stealth Rock setter on this team. Rhyperior is the team's method of setting Stealth Rocks and is very physically bulky, so it can set rocks pretty easily. Aside from setting rocks, Rhyperior is the teams only check to a +1 DD Zardx, which is crucial and makes it an invaluable member of the team. However, Rhyperior is also the team's main check for Weavile, who is a huge threat to the team overall and a mon that no one aside from Rhyperior really wants to switch into. In addition to being a utility check to several dangerous threats to the team and a rocker, Rhyperior also can spread Toxic poison to the opponents team, crippling very threatening Pokemon such as; CM Mega Slowbro, Mega Latias, Landorus-Therian, Garchomp, and many others. The moveset is pretty standard, with enough bulk to live a +2 Iron Head from Adamant Bisharp, and the rest being dumped into attack just so that Rhyperior can do a bit more damage with its powerful STAB EdgeQuake. The moveset is standard with Stealth Rock being arguably the best and most important move in competitive battling, Earthquake providing a reliable STAB move with a consistently solid damage output, Stone Edge is another powerful STAB move that can hit Flying-type and levitating Pokemon that dodge Earthquake as well as being an amazing offensive typing in OU in general. Lastly, this set is running toxic in order to lure in and cripple Megabro.

Importable
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rain Dance

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
Replays
None rn, but I'll scrounge up some later, or maybe even during olt

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Threatlist

+
: Currently, Latios is my only Pokemon that can reliably switch into Keldeo, and if it's paired with a Pursuit trapper, then the trapper can trap Latios, thus removing my only Keldeo switch in, forcing me to dance around it with Manaphy/Tangrowth and making the matchup overall harder, but if the Keldeo is Focus Blast, then I pretty much have to click X because it can deal with Tangrowth and Manaphy without having to predict.

: My only Draco Meteor resist is Jirachi, and if Latios packs coverage for Jirachi, then I will really struggle to deal with it. After Jirachi dies, I have to rely on speed tying with Surf variants and revenge killing HP Fire variants with my own Latios in order to defeat them, and I don't have much wiggle room with these guys aside from setting up on a -2 Latios with regular form Zardx.

: Once again, my only reliable switch in to offensive fairies is Jirachi, and they always run coverage for it, which means that I can't reliably switch Jirachi into them. In the case of Mega Garde, it even has a utility move to cripple it with Will-O-Wisp. After Jirachi goes down, I can still soft check Diancie with Manaphy and Rhyperior, but Mega Garde is a headache to deal with, especially if it's running a +speed nature.

: Offensive LO Starmie can absolutely shred this team if I'm not careful, and I have to tiptoe around this thing to not get 6-0'd by the thing. Hydro Pump/Ice Beam shreds the team's main defensive backbone in Latios/Rhyperior/Tangrowth, and I have an insanely difficult time switching into it. On this team, I really have no switch ins and have to rely on LO stalling it until Jirachi can rkill it.

: My team has no ghost resist, so Gengar 2HKOes every member of the team with Shadow Ball and I have to play around it very carefully since Jirachi is the only member of the team that can reliably revenge kill Gengar, and even Jirachih can't switch hard into Gengar because of its weakness to shadow ball. While Gengar can 2HKO the whole team, I can usually sack a mon and send in something to tank a hit and revenge kill even after Jirachi is gone, but I can't let my checks for it get too low on HP.

: My team's sole check to this is Jirachi, which can drop to +2 HP Fire after being weakened (which isn't too hard since it's the team's only Latios switch in), and sub variants can also be a pain since they can stall out both Zardx and Jirachi.

Last edited:
Where's the Kyub switchin - Hartou

Ok for real, nice to see the team come into fruition LL. I'd like to add a few pokes to the threat list.

Starmie - LO is quite a potent set vs the team, being able to shred past the defensive core of tang + rhyp, and mana can't take one LO analytic Psychic and LO psychic in succession, so it poses a huge threat. It can also outspeed most of ur team, and the only way to play around it is to constantly pivot between pokemon to wear it down of its LO recoil or until it picks up a kill and then u revenge with rachi.

Torn-T - Almost the same thing as Starmie, except LO Superpower doesn't 3hko Rhyp, which is argueably the best counter to it. However, nothing wants to switch into it, and the pivoting game has to be played again, as scarf rachi is the only reliable way of revenging it.

Zard Y + Pursuit - Almost the exact same as the 1st threat mentioned by you, except Rain dance Mana can be a last resort + rocks pressure it heavily, however once latios is trapped Zard-Y runs rampant.

Gengar - While it may not be too common due to darks running around quite a bit, it is still able to 2hko the whole entire team, with jirachi being the only reliable way to revenge it.

I'd only make one change to the team, which would be heart stamp > fire punch on rachi(IK u put it as an option). It slightly helps with the matchup vs zards, offensive venusaur, mega-heracross, non-scarfed kelds and manaphy. The team already has manaphy and zard-x which can serve to be a great check/counter to most scizor sets, and ferrothorn is easily handled by hp fire tang and to an extent zard-x. Metagross is easily walled by physdef tang, and skarm can be easily countered by zard-x and manaphy.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Where's the Kyub switchin - Hartou

Ok for real, nice to see the team come into fruition LL. I'd like to add a few pokes to the threat list.

Starmie - LO is quite a potent set vs the team, being able to shred past the defensive core of tang + rhyp, and mana can't take one LO analytic Psychic and LO psychic in succession, so it poses a huge threat. It can also outspeed most of ur team, and the only way to play around it is to constantly pivot between pokemon to wear it down of its LO recoil or until it picks up a kill and then u revenge with rachi.

Torn-T - Almost the same thing as Starmie, except LO Superpower doesn't 3hko Rhyp, which is argueably the best counter to it. However, nothing wants to switch into it, and the pivoting game has to be played again, as scarf rachi is the only reliable way of revenging it.

Zard Y + Pursuit - Almost the exact same as the 1st threat mentioned by you, except Rain dance Mana can be a last resort + rocks pressure it heavily, however once latios is trapped Zard-Y runs rampant.

Gengar - While it may not be too common due to darks running around quite a bit, it is still able to 2hko the whole entire team, with jirachi being the only reliable way to revenge it.

I'd only make one change to the team, which would be heart stamp > fire punch on rachi(IK u put it as an option). It slightly helps with the matchup vs zards, offensive venusaur, mega-heracross, non-scarfed kelds and manaphy. The team already has manaphy and zard-x which can serve to be a great check/counter to most scizor sets, and ferrothorn is easily handled by hp fire tang and to an extent zard-x. Metagross is easily walled by physdef tang, and skarm can be easily countered by zard-x and manaphy.
I have multiiple checks to Zardy in Latios+Zardx and I can potentially revenge it with Heart stamp rachi, so I'm not gonna add zardy, and rhyperior+jirachi is more than enough for tornt lol. The other two are def huge threats tho so ill add them
The Latios in the importable has Psychic instead of Psyshock. I believe it's a mistake.
fixed ty

Yeah Forgot u had Zardx on the team; was meant to take zardy out. As for Torn-t I still believe it's quite a huge threat

what does psychic on Manaphy do? because between psyshock latios and heart stamp rachi, you pressure venusaur a lot. Seems like you could use more coverage. One slick option you could try is shadow ball to hit starmie, Latios and slowbro (a threat you didn't mention, but worth noting because tangrowth isn't a counter when scald burns it) while also having neutral coverage against keldeo and ferrothorn (zard is easy to wear down with hazards+recoil+no roost)

Add serperior to threats. You literally have jirachi and only jirachi to check dpulse+storm+hp fire. Sub seed also does well against the squad, since it can stall out charizard and/or jirachi with leech seed.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
what does psychic on Manaphy do? because between psyshock latios and heart stamp rachi, you pressure venusaur a lot. Seems like you could use more coverage. One slick option you could try is shadow ball to hit starmie, Latios and slowbro (a threat you didn't mention, but worth noting because tangrowth isn't a counter when scald burns it) while also having neutral coverage against keldeo and ferrothorn (zard is easy to wear down with hazards+recoil+no roost)

Add serperior to threats. You literally have jirachi and only jirachi to check dpulse+storm+hp fire. Sub seed also does well against the squad, since it can stall out charizard and/or jirachi with leech seed.
It lets Manaphy beat stall a lot easier by breaking through Amoonguss while still having a move to hit Keldeo if need be.

Alright Littlelucario, as I said I would, I'll drop you a rate on this team. You are not going to like this, but I can make this team a hell of a lot better for you.

In all honesty, this is an incredibly hard team to rate without a near-complete overhaul, and this will be essentially a rebuild instead of a rate. This is because of multiple reasons. Primarily, the team lacks any serious offensive presence, making balance, stall, and bulkier teams in general a really, really difficult matchup to play. This, I believe, stems from the lack of Roost on Zard, your Latios set, your Manaphy set, and your choice of rocker in Rhyperior, which, as I've learnt in testing, is a really unreliable rocker that really stuggles to pressure any of the hazard removers in the tier. Furthermore, the defensive backbone of Jirachi+Tangrowth+Rhyperior has some serious issues, mainly, no way to handle Tornadus-T, a serious weakness to Keldeo, Weavile, as Rhyperior should never be a switchin to this, a real weakness to Bisharp, Rhyperior and Tangrowth are not answers to this, at all. The balance matchup this team has is truly horrendous, to the point of which it is almost unwinnable thanks to the lack of real offensive presence and the common offensive Pokemon that are found on balance being able to take huge advantage of your defensive core.

Another major issue in this team is its lack of real focus. With Zard-X you need to force it as a wincon, which I'll aim to do with this rate.

+
+
I hate doing this in rates, but the only Pokemon I'll be keeping in this will be Zard-X, Latios, and Jirachi, and I'll be changing the sets to all of these.

Firstly, for Zard, the set you're using is more suited to really offensive teams, which this isn't. I'd change the set to Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / Flare Blitz / Roost, and also give it a bulkier spread or 160 HP / 164 Atk / 184 Spe, which allows it to avoid the 2HKO from Rotom-W's Hydro Pump, making it setup bait unless it's Thunder Wave, whilst outpacing Scarf Lando at +1. These changes are important as the allow Zard-X to actually have a chance of survival throughout the game on what will be essentially a bulky offence team.

As for Latios, I'd replace Psyshock with Surf, as this can weaken both Heatran and Tyranitar for Zard-X. Surf also alleviates some of the pressure that was put on by Tyranitar+Keldeo, forcing the 50/50 with ScarfTar and having a decent chance to straight up eliminate BandTar with Surf+Draco should the rolls be in your favour, or Rocks be on the opposing side of the field.

As for Jirachi, I'd keep it Scarf, as it's good role compression in a Lati and Fairy check, that brings some much needed immediate pace to the team. The one thing I'd change, though, is Fire Punch for Heart Stamp. I never understood why Fire Punch was on this team other than maybe if, what was, frankly a sub-optimal Zard-X get worn down to hell or eliminated, you had something to act as an emergency Mega Scizor check, and even then you still lost to it at that point without nabbing a burn from Manaphy. I found myself missing Heart Stamp far more than I ever found myself wanting to go for Fire Punch (which was never). The need for Fire Punch is completely null now you have a reliable Fire-STAB on the team that can repeatedly check stuff like Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn.

->
The team as it stood was horrendously Bisharp and Weavile weak, your only real means of dealing with the latter were either, a) hoping Zard-X had already MEvod before taking Rocks damage, or hadn't taken any chip damage, living the Icicle Crash and not flinching, all whilst hoping your opponent would sack what was a massive threat; or, b) revenging with Jirachi. Neither of these are great, to say the least. This is where Keldeo, Specs Keldeo, to be more precise, comes in. It gives you a solid check to the aforementioned Pokemon whilst also helping to solve the issue of passivity the team had. It also gives you a solid double to pull from Latios on the incoming Heatran of Tyranitar, should you want to grab momentum instead of getting off damage with surf. The set I'd go with is Scald / Secret Sword / Hydro Pump / Toxic. The first three moves are self-explanatory, but I chose Toxic to lure in fat Water-types such as Slowbro, but most of all to lure in Mega Latias, something this team has a horrendous matchup against. You could go with the Standard Icy Wind if you see little use in Toxic, but I think the support it can provide Zard-X and it being basically the team's only real way to handle Mega Latias is far too important.

->
Next up, I'd like to change Tangrowth to Serperior. More specifically, SubSeed serperior. Once again, this offers a means of whittling down Heatran whilst also giving another check to Specs Keldeo and Rotom-W, which still trouble the team somewhat. When playing this set, on this team, your play against Heatran should always be to Substitute up on the switch, hit it with the Leech Seed, regain health from that, and as at this point, Heatran is forced to attack or Taunt, giving you the free switch into Keldeo, as shown here in this dong match vs. Facts.

->
You already had this change coming in your mind right as I told you I was dropping a rate for you. With the removal of Tangrowth, comes the removal of a reliable Sand check, so I'd suggest dropping Rhyperior for Landorus-T. This offers some of the role compression of Tangrowth and Rhyperior in checking both Sand as Tangrowth did, and birds, albeit less reliably as Rhyperior did. It still retains the rocker aspect, but it does it a hell of a lot more reliably than Rhyperior thanks to its far higher Speed and the wider variety of Pokemon it checks. The set I'd recommend is a favourite of mine for defensive Landorus-T, of Earthquake / Hidden Power Ice / Stone Edge / Stealth Rock. Earthquake is mandatory STAB, Hidden Power Ice is used to support Zard-X even further in luring in other Landorus-T and Gliscor, Stone Edge is used as it's the primary bird check for the team, and Stealth Rock is obligatory on every team there is. I'd also recommend using a Yache Berry, as to alleviate the strenuous matchup this team has against Electric-types such as Mega Manectric and Thundurus-I.

EVs: 160 HP / 164 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Defog

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Landorus-Therian @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 220 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The given Landorus-T EVs allow it to nab the OHKO on opposing Thundurus-I after one round of Life Orb recoil, whilst the Speed is there to creep not only other Landorus-T, but bulky Mega Heracross, also.
Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Taunt / Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Should you find the Tornadus-T matchup far too much to handle, which you shouldn't really, this is an option.
Tornadus-T is still an issue, but with the more reliable rocker in Landorus-T, it will be a hell of a lot more pressured throughout the match, making it less of a nuisance. Your counterplay is to keep rocks up as much as possible, force AV Torn in onto Dracos, to not let your Jirachi's Scarf get knocked off and get the flinch if it isn't weakened enough, etc. Not an unwinnable matchup.

Thanks for reading, and sorry if I offended you with the amount of changes I made or the blunt nature of this rate. You know where to find me if you want to discuss other options and stuff. Peace, and enjoy :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)