CAP 22 CAP 22 - Name Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Disqualified-Final Submission:

Reeeeeeee

Based off of the final syllable of Fairy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Tournequilt

"Tourne" (French for "turn", referencing Parting Shot) + "Quilt" (blanket. "to quilt someone" is an Australian colloquialism meaning "to punch someone"). Also a corruption of "Tourniquet".

Pronounced: TURN-eh-qwilt
IPA: tɜːrnəkwɪlt

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Lullabash

Portmanteau of lullaby + bash.

Pronounced: lull-ah-bash
IPA: lʌləbæʃ

I can imagine this Pokemon sneaking up on people about to fall asleep (or perhaps waiting for them to fall asleep on its body) before rudely waking them up with loud noises or a thorough pummelling before running away laughing. Also sounds a bit like "unabashed", which makes sense as this CAP would definitely not be embarassed by what it says / does. If we decide to give CAP a Sleep move like Yawn or Lovely Kiss then this would also synergise well with it and I think it goes with the whole pillow theme in general without being too obvious.

Final Submission

Concushion

A combination of "Concussion" and "Cushion". Concussion refers to the Fighting type aspect, and Cushion refers to the pillow aspect.

Pronounced: Cuhn - coosh - un
IPA: kʌnkʊʃən

Final Submission

Comicushion

A combination of the words "Comic" (Sunfishes said it was based on a clown/joker) and "Cushion" (A pillow.)

Pronounced: COM-i-cush-ion

Disqualified-Final Submission

Mimifluff

based from Meme + Mimi ( a slang word meaning to fall asleep) and fluff

Pronounciation: Mee-Mee-Fluff

Pillox

Its the combination of the words Pillow and Box it's also a play on the word Pillock.

Pronounciation: Pil-LOKS

IPA: pɪlɒks

Took me a wile too come up with a name that I liked and Pillox made me giggle a bit.
I mean just imagine this mon saying Pillox every time it talks XD
It also describes what this mon is while being funny and showing the silly part of this mon.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Ohmagod

A combination of "oh-" from ohtaku (userbase of dakimakura), "-ma-" from dakimakura, and "-god" because of its godliness.

Pronunciation: O-mah-god
IPA: oʊmɑgɑd

Dakimacho

From Dakimakura (literally "hug pillow", the basis for the overall design and the Fairy typing) + Macho (synonymous with manly, referring to the Fighting typing).

Pronounciation: DA-kee-MA-cho

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Fluffernut

Fluffer for obvious reasons, also fluffer is cuter than fluffy and such
Fluffernut is also some kind of slang for like clingy hairballs that are really annoying, as a Parting Shot mon might be

Pronunciation: Nothing special, just as you would expect

Empress

33% coffee, 33% alcohol, 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Scrapillow

Portmanteau of "scrap" (fight) or "scrappy" (American English term for determination) + "pillow" (as this is a pillowmon)

Pronounced: SKRA-PILL-oh
IPA: 'skræ'pɪlloʊ

Fluffray

A combination of the words "fluffy" (as in soft) and "fray" (another word for a fight)

Pronounced Fluff-fray (last bit rhymes with tray)

Kertuffle

Kerfuffle + corruption of Tough/Puff/Tuft + Scuffle + Scuffle

Pronounced Ker-tough-full

Tuffle sounded like more of a pre-evolution's name, so I souped it up a little.

Wollip

Corruption of 'wallop' (meaning to strike or beat) which also spells pillow backwards.

Pronunciation: "WAHL-ip"

Rukush

A combination of a corruption of "Ruckus" (referring to a commotion, usually caused by fighting) and "Cushion".

Pronounciation: RUHK-ush

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Pillowch

This name is a combination of the words "Pillow" and "Owch" (ouch). It is a pillow, that leaves an owch!

Pronounced: "pill-OWCH"
IPA: pɪlaʊʧ

Fluffhouse

A portmanteau of Fluff, the inner filling of / a word commonly related to pillows, and Roughhouse, a type of disorderly play-fighting.

Pronunciation: "FLUHF-hous"
IPA: /flʌfˌhaʊs/

CAP 22, being a pillow fighter, seems to me that it would be more likely to engage in horseplay when in confrontations than aim to inflict serious harm , so I wanted to choose a name that would reflect this quality while also qualifying as a pun.

I would have liked to have posted before now, but it's better to be late than never, I suppose.

Final Submission

Brawndry

A combination of "laundry", which its pillow body might become after a taxing fight, and "brawny", which is meant to emphasize its Fighting typing.

Pronounced: BRAWN-dree
IPA: bɹɔːndɹiː

Not Slated-Final Submission

Pillouken

A fairly simple combination of "pillow" and "hadouken." I felt like a hadouken reference was appropriate given that CAP 22 uses energy-based fighting moves.

Pronounced: pill-O-ken
IPA: pɪl
oːkẽꜜɴ

Final Submission

Scufflow

A combination of "Scuffle" and "Pillow", this cutesy name reflects its adorable appearance and compliments its unique typing.

Pronounced: SCUFF-loh

Final Submission

Faetrweight

Combines "Fae" + "Featherweight". "Fae" means "fairy" while "featherweight" references its pillow shape and is a weight class in boxing and other fighting sports.

Pronounced: "FEY-ter-weyt"

Pillowdin

Pillow+Paladin+Din

It's a Fighting type made of pillows that makes a racket when it leaves.

Restler

Rest + Wrestler.

Pronounced: RESS-ler

IPA: reslər

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)