ORAS OU Bunny Beatdown Bonanza: Diggersby-Lopunny Offense

Hi. This is my first RMT for OU, so cut me some slack. Went to highest 1645 (shout-out to WhatTheHack and Millionsunz for helping me break 1600) with this team, so I would like some help to break through to 1700. Without further ado, here's the team:

Nesquik (Diggersby) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

To start off, we have my scarfer and the biggest bad boy on the block, Nesquik the Diggersby. He used to be my nuke with a Choice Band for the explosive Quick Attack, but due to good suggestions by WhatTheHack and Millionsunz, I have changed it to a scarfed variant to outspeed the metagame, and I have to say, it has been working tremendously. With Huge Power, Nesquik still hits a trunk, albeit a smaller truck compared to the slower monster truck it used to be, but gains an impressive amount of speed with it's scarf. EQ and Return are Dig's STAB attacks to kill fools, Quick Attack is for revenge-killing and priority, which this team lacks, and Knock Off is for utility, taking away those pesky Lefties, Scarves, Specs, etc. The EVs give Diggersby as much damage as possible, while bringing it's speed to exactly 406, outspeeding Mega Lopunny and Manectric which are 405. The remaining EVs are in HP for bulk.

Dalek (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Dalek the Magnezone functions as a special nuke and a Skarmory counter, as well as any steel-type counter that isn't Heatran, which Diggersby and my other teammates handle. Magnezone is one of, if not the best, partner to Diggersby and his shenanigans and takes out any Pokemon that otherwise would eat Digs for breakfast, save a few such as Keldeo. This used to be a Air Balloon variant to counter Sand Rush Excadrill which is a pain in the butt, but thanks to a suggestion by WhatTheHack, I now run a Choice Specs set. It works just as fine, and while I can't counter Sand Rush Excadrill, my other Pokemon which I changed does it fine (seen below). Choice Specs with max SpAtk EVs allow Dalek to exterminate pretty much anything that doesn't resist a Thunderbolt, which is it's compulsory STAB, and for good reason. HP Fire is to wreck all the Steels I trap with Magnet Pull. Flash Cannon are for pesky fairies, notably Clefable and Sylveon (eugh), and Volt Switch is to form a nice VoltTurn core with Digs.

Tigger (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

As my defensive Stealth Rocker and Excadrill counter, as well as a pseudo-wallbreaker, it's Tigger the Landorus-Therian. This spot used to be occupied by the late Tintin the Clefable, but it was dropped due to the large need to counter Excadrill and the fact that Mega Sableye was already dealt with through my Mega Lopunny (below). The only thing Clefable did was to tank status damage, which does not bother me too much, though it is now a bit of a nuisance. Furthermore, the high base Attack and Swords Dance means switching into a wall is not the best idea. Trained in the special martial art of the Hundred-Acre Woods, Tigger is bigger and meaner than ever. The Rocky Helmet helps whittle down Talonflames and U-Turners, furhter assisted by Stealth Rock. EQ is the obvious compulsory STAB, Stone Edge is for the flying-types like Mega Pinsir, and Swords Dance is for the explosions of old (I miss my CB Digs), and wallbreaking.

Ringo (Lopunny) (M) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Ringo the Lopunny is my chosen mega, my wallbreaker and sweeper speedster. Diggersby's partner in crime, Lopunny deals with the squishies that outspeed Digs, while Digs can deal with slower, more bulky Pokemon and overpower them with sheer force. Lopunny is also very good at late-game cleaning, should Diggersby be dead, thanks to it's speed. Furthermore, Ringo checks and counters Mega Sableye, which is very common in the ladder and would mess me up, thanks to it's Scrappy ability in it's Mega Form. With his blazing speed and fabulous legs, Ringo has cemented himself into my team tremendously and nearly perfectly synergises with his teammates. Limber is used for normal Lopunny before Mega Evolving so I can switch into Thunder Wave users easily like Chansey and Ferrothorn. Fake Out is to Mega Evolve safely, Frustration and High Jump Kick are the STABs, and HJK can 2HKO most pokemon that are neutral against this, save the physical walls. Ice Punch is meant for Landorus-T and Garchomp, OHKOing their offensive versions whilst 2HKOing their defensive, providing nice coverage. It's EVs are self-explanatory, to make Ringo as fast and hard-hitting as possible.

Cathay (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Cathay the Latias functions as my offensive Defogger and my Keldeo counter, who would pretty much trample over my team if it had a scarf. Ringo, to function, much appreciates hazards to not be on our side of the battle so it won't be whittled down and then killed by priority. This is where Latias comes in, to defog all the Stealth Rocks away. Sure, the opponent will lose my Rocks too, but due to the bulkiness of Clefable, it usually lives and I am simply able to set up again, since most of the Stealth Rockers I encountered are either suicide leads or dead because of Digs or Lop. Latias also shits on Breloom which can be trouble with it's Technician Mach Punches, and checks Mega Manectric. It's special bulk is much appreciated in this team, which is why I chose it over Latios. Life Orb is the standard item on offensive Latias, and for good reason. Draco Meteor and Psyshock are Latia's STAB, Psyshock in particular shitting all over Breloom and Keldeo, Defog is self-explanatory, and Healing Wish is a lifesaver to bring Lop or Digs back from the brink of death for a comeback sweep. The HP EVs are used to tank a Thundurus-T's HP Ice twice, and the maximum speed allows Cathay to perform her job to the best of her abilities, outspeeding many Pokemon. The rest are dumped into Special Attack for explosions, and 0 Attack IVs to take Foul Play from Umbreon or Klefki better.

Freddie (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Freddie the broken bird serves as my U-Turner, special sweeper and all-out lightning-fast attacker of hyper death which nukes anything Digs didn't. Furthermore, Freddie messes up Mega Venusaur, which is much needed in this team, since Latias can't be exactly relied on due to the Life Orb and lack of Roost. He also checks Keldeo due to the Assault Vest taking hits like a champ. But the greatest thing about Freddie is his Regenerator ability. With that ability, Freddie has the bulk to switch into cheap hits and Stealth Rocks, outlast his checks, U-Turn and come back nearly completely fine. Hurricane is a super-strong STAB move, while suffering from it's 70% accuracy (more like 40%, ffs), nukes any Pokemon that doesn't resist, normally OHKOing or 2HKOing with sheer power. The confusion is a nice side bonus, too. Focus Blast is used to destroy any Steel and Rock types that resist Hurricane, U-Turn is for abusing that Regenerator and properly switch into proper counters for Freddie's few problems, and Knock Off is for utility, messing up scarfers and the like that try to switch in to OHKO Freddie. The EVs are such that as to guarantee the OHKO on Keldeo with a Hurricane, which Torn-T checks, and the rest are dumped into speed to outspeed about 85% of the metagame for the fast U-turns and nuking, and HP for the nice special bulk to check Keldy.

There are not as many threats to this team as I thought there would be, but the most significant ones I have encountered are:

Scarfed Kyurem-B

If Magnezone is dead, I most likely lose. Outrage kills everything but Lando-T, which is easily dealt with with a Ice Beam, though I get to catch it on the Outrage. If I can play around this correctly, it is much more of a nuisance than a threat.
Scrotum-Wash

This piece of work needs a stick down it's hose. Being one of, if not the, biggest nuisances in OU, it has enough bulk to neutrally tank a HJK and then Wisp me, so the option to kill this thing relies in me either predicting the switch to 2HKO with HJK or whittle it down. This thing can kill my whole team...by giving the trainer a headache.

Status and Stuff
With the absence of Tintin the Magic Guard Clefable, I do not have any way to negate TWave, Toxic, and most notably Will-o-Wisp, with my main sweepers being physical, along with Tornadus-T and Lando-T.

That would be all I have for this team. Thank you, readers, and may the bunnies be with you.​
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Tigger (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Cathay (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Knock Off

upload_2016-8-26_21-15-3.png

Last edited:
Hi there! ThousandFootSkillet

First I would like to say I love these nicknames, pictures and the title of the RMT.
But as for the team I don't see to much wrong with it but just a couple of minor adjustments.:]

Choice Band Diggersby < Choice Scarf

Due to Diggersby's lack of pace it has to tank a hit which most likely it could not. Also by changing to Choice Scarf you eliminate Manaphy threat. Because you can Return or Earthquake on the Tail Glow and OHKO from there. Or because with 40 HP EVs you will always live a Scald so you can Return and then click Return again to pick up the KO. Here is a set I recommend:

EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- U-turn

You might benefit from a Special Nuke such as Specs Magnezone > Air Balloon. Because you can easily take on Rotom Wash. As a 252+ SpA Choice Specs Thunderbolt has a low chance to kill after rocks but you can revenge kill with Diggersby. With the item change I also would change the EV spread:

Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

The only other things I could suggest but are not entirely game changing but you could run Heat Wave instead of Focus Blast for a more reliable way to kill Steel types but you lose the ability to kill rock types.

I would also like to say you need to put an importable of the team below to do this you need to do. [*hide= Importable*] then paste your team. After do [/hide] and it will work. (do not actually type the asterix when doing it.

Overall a pretty sweet Diggersby balance and a great job for you first Smogon RMT. Good luck in your grind to 1600. :]

Last edited:
Thanks WhatTheHack, I'm going to test out these changes now. Really appreciate the help that you gave me. However, while the Manaphy and Rotom-W checks were nice (VERY NICE), the main reason why Magnezone had an Air Balloon was to check Excadrill, especially the Sand Rush variant. Lopunny can handle the other versions, but do you have any suggestions? I'm thinking of switching Clefable for a Landorus-T or Hippowdon.

Last edited:
Landorus-Therian is probably the best Stealth Rock setter out there ATM but Hippowdon gets a solid recovery overall I think Lando is a solid choice and defensive is probably the best option.

Hi there! ThousandFootSkillet
Choice Band Diggersby < Choice Scarf

Due to Diggersby's lack of pace it has to tank a hit which most likely it could not. Also by changing to Choice Scarf you eliminate Manaphy threat. Because you can Return or Earthquake on the Tail Glow and OHKO from there. Or because with 40 HP EVs you will always live a Scald so you can Return and then click Return again to pick up the KO. Here is a set I recommend:

EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Hey ThousandFootSkillet and WhatTheHack, I like the idea of Diggersby, but your EV Spread and moveset is way off for a Scarf Diggersby WhatTheHack. With 216 Spe EVs, a neutral nature, and a Choice Scarf, Diggersby only hits 369 Speed, allowing it to still be outsped by a large portion of the metagame, including Weavile and Mega Lopunny. With 220 Spe EVs and a Jolly Nature, Diggersby hits 406 Spe, outspeed Mega Lopunny/Mega Manetric and Weavile. The 40 HP EVs weren't really necessary in the first place because you shouldn't stay in against a Manaphy unless you have too. Earthquake and Frustration/Return are staples on Diggersby, but I'd recommend replacing Knock Off with Quick Attack. Quick Attack provides priority to the team, something that it currently lacks. Quick attack also hits Weavile before it can do up to 76% to Diggersby with Ice Shard.

EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- U-Turn / Knock Off

Last edited:
Hi there, nice team you've put together. Alongside your threatlist, there are a few other notable weaknesses that I can see. First of all, this team is incredibly weak to Fairies such as Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir. Furthermore, Dragon-types, most notably Latios, are big threats, as your current Dragon resist, Specs Magnezone, dies to two Draco Meteors, and you have to sack a Pokemon each time it comes in against choiced-locked Diggersby, Landorus, and Lopunny, should it have already used its Fake Out. Not only this, but Electric-types such as Thundurus-I and Mega Manectric are somewhat problematic, as your primary means of checking both are Latias, which, although you're running 72 HP, dies to the combination of Thunderbolt+Knock Off from what is currently Thundurus-I's best set, mixed attacker.

->
The first change I'd make is to switch out Specs Magnezone for Scarf Jirachi. Not only does this give you a reliable Fairy- and Dragon-type check, it also beats Scarf variants of Kyurem-B, provides Healing Wish support for both Lopunny and Diggersby, giving them a second wind in the late-game to clean up teams, whilst bringing some added Speed to the team, freeing up Diggersby's item once again, which leads me onto my next suggestion.

Choice Scarf->Choice Band The whole point of cores such as Diggersby+Lopunny is to overwhelm common checks such as TankChomp, Defensive Landorus-T, Hippowdon, and fat Water-types such as Suicune and Slowbro. The efficacy of the core is increased tremendously when Diggersby has the increase in power. Not to throw shade, but the initial reasoning behind switching out Choice Band for Scarf was shaky at best, as when facing Manaphy the standard procedure for teams such as this one is to go straight into the Lati@s, weaken Manaphy whilst dying, and then revenging with a faster threat such as, Lopunny. I'd also fix up the spread, making it max Speed, as to allow you to outpace the common max Speed Heatran, as well as Adamant Excadrill outside of Sand.

Rocky Helmet->Yache Berry This alleviates weaknesses from threats such as Thundurus-I and Mega Manectric (to which, Latias is not a solid answer considering that Banded Tyranitar is one of Mega Manectric's best partners). It's basically role compression and alleviation of a few weaknesses.

->
Now we have Healing Wish support from Jirachi, and Electric-types checked with Yache Landorus-T, I feel as though Latios is a better fit here, purely because of its offensive prowess when compared to Latias. I'd recommend a set of Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt, Roost, and Defog. Draco Meteor is obligatory and requires no explanation, Thunderbolt serves as a lure for Skarmory to support both Lopunny and Diggersby, Roost adds longevity, and Defog acts as a means of hazard removal. In my opinion, this team isn't weak enough to hazards to warrant removal, so you could go with 3 attacks+Roost Latios, that being said, both Hidden Power Fire and Psychic would be good replacements as to lure in Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, and Physically-defensive Clefable, respectively. I'll leave that down to you though.

Nesquik (Diggersby) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Fire Punch

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Power-Up Punch / Toxic

Tigger (Landorus-Therian) @ Yache Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 232 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog / Hidden Power [Fire] / Psychic

I know these changes seem drastic, but I hope this helps, enjoy!

Thanks tigers jaw for the help, the changes have been working nicely. However, I am a bit iffy over your Tornadus-T EVs, since the EVs are such to guarantee the OHKO on Keldeo, which Torn-T checks. Can you explain why?

Keldeo is never staying in on Tornadus-T and people have realised this as of late and started running 248 HP as to increase general longevity and bulk, plus, Scald+Rocks+Regenerator+Hydro Pump from Keldeo kills 96 HP Tornadus-T anyway, making it a shaky check to begin with. You also have Latios, which should be your first port of call against Keldeo anyway, as if it is packing Specs Icy Wind, you can pivot out into Jirachi and grab momentum.

Another option for your Tornadus would be to run Superpower with a Hasty nature as to offer a mid-ground against double switches from Keldeo into Tyranitar from your opponent, expecting the obvious Latios switch. With Stealth Rock in play, Scarf Tyranitar is always OHKOed by uninvested Superpower, and the standard Band Tyranitar spread is OHKOed 87.5% of the time. Just an option to consider should you find yourself too weak to Keldeo+Tyranitar, though I doubt you will thanks to Tornadus-T acting as a backup check to Keldeo anyway.

Glad I could be of some assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)